Sign In

Legacyofajedi

User Group
Trusted Members
Join date
31-Jan-2019
Last activity
19-Apr-2019
Posts
50

Post History

Post
#1275716
Topic
The Force Awakens - The Starlight Project
Time

NeverarGreat said:

littlev87 said:

I think you should consider using transitions similar to this video for your dream sequences.

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Destruction-of-the-Jedi-Temple/id/63925/page/1#1270201

They really give a similar feeling to the “force back” when she first touches the saber.

I will, for sure. Although I’m not a big fan of the style, I can see how it might be effective in certain situations.

RL, I haven’t seen that movie, but it should probably be on the list!

Here’s a more polished version of the scene, with some improved transitions and an edit to the Hux/Snoke dialogue. The rearrangement of the Kylo/Snoke dialogue has been dialed back but still retains the main idea.

https://vimeo.com/318133232

Password: fanedit

Class once again

Post
#1275710
Topic
The Force Awakens - The Starlight Project
Time

Legacyofajedi said:

NeverarGreat said:

Here’s an updated scene, with the return of the unused music and a still of the wall of days and the last shot of Rey as a stand-in for the island drawing. I like the idea you had RL about using the wall for the drawing, but it would still be fun to film an insert shot of that.

https://vimeo.com/316877939

Password: fanedit

OMG, Your a genius, i so love your work

The Wall of Days, OMG this is incredible, so cant wait to watch your finished version

Post
#1275708
Topic
The Force Awakens - The Starlight Project
Time

NeverarGreat said:

Indeed.

I’m struggling right now on the end of the movie. I’d like to move the final scene if possible, but there are limited options. The most promising to me is to place it after the interrogation:

https://vimeo.com/327124146
Password: fanedit

I tried including some dialogue from Kylo about the island, but it feels more powerful without dialogue. Also, should Rey hear Hux’s speech or should it transition without her waking up?

JEDIT: I’ve also tried to place the scene after Kylo witnesses the sun draining but before Rey tries to escape, yet the problem is simply that it feels too much like she’s actually on the island rather than in a dream. The costume is problematic as well. Really at this point I’m just interested in repurposing the music somewhere.

I like this edit, brings real depth into this dream sequence

Post
#1274739
Topic
KEEPERS OF THE PEACE (Attack of the Clones edit)
Time

IlFanEditore said:


(Original poster by “lewisdowsett”)

Here’s my second saga edit episode.
Same for “Shadow of the past”, I’m not necessarily here to promote something different. This will simply be my own cut.
AOTC is my least favourite episode. I’m not a PT hater nor an OT fanatic. I quite enjoy both Episodes I and III, and there are some things that I don’t like from the OT, especially from ROTJ.
Anyway, AOTC is too much over the top. Always: with CGI, with acting, with what’s been shown. The soundtrack isn’t that great aswell, IMVHO.

So… to keep it consistent with the first edit, this movie will have, as overall changes:

  1. Complete color correction. I know that the OT isn’t that dark, but the PT is too much colorful. Some scene are desaturated, others are darkened, but some others have brighter colors.
  2. Naboo is Alderaan. This is achieved with the new crawl and by removing any mention of Naboo.
  3. Added music tracks.
  4. Added the Dooku/Padmé scene to remove all the ridiculous Anakin/Padmé action sequence in the droid factory.
  5. Anakin and Obi Wan are not clearly apprentice and master. Obi Wan is a fatherly figure for Anakin, but they must be shown as friends. I will also work on the OT aswell and I will remove any mention of Darth Vader being Obi Wan’s apprentice to keep the plot twist intact.

COMPLETE CHANGELIST (to be completed):

  1. New title. As you can see, this is called “Keepers of the peace”. That’s what Windu says about the Jedi. This title focuses your attention on the Jedi, rather than the war (spoiling the ending). Plus, it shows Jedi’s hypocrisy, because later we actually see the Jedi becoming soldiers.

  2. New crawl. Some things need to be established. Even though I enjoy politics in these movies, the focus should be on the Force and the Jedi. So, as in the first edit, the first paragraph talks about Anakin and Obi Wan both being already Jedi Knights. IMO Anakin’s hair does not have to be necessarily associated with him being a padawan… Later we also mention Alderaan and introduce Dooku as a former Jedi Master and the leader of the Separatists.

  3. Camera pans down. Consistency.

  4. Padmé arrives on Coruscant not during the day, but later. Not really during the night, but around sunset. If she knows that she can be killed, and she switches herself with her handmaiden… why do you arrive on COruscant during the day!?

  5. Trimmed explosion scene, to remove the Young Frankenstein like scene. The handmaiden dies without a word.

  6. Elevator scene: shortened. No Anakin being Padmè’s fanboy. No Jar Jar introducing them to Padmè.

  7. Trimmed dialogue. When Anakin says that she’s grown, she almost interrupts him. Also, less tension between Anakin and Obi Wan. Anakin is arrogant, but Obi Wan just watches him.

  8. Trimmed Padmé’s assassination attempt. No disgusting animal. The bounty hunter shoots at her, and Anakin deflects the sniper’s bolt.

  9. No Obi Wan flying over Coruscant. Too over the top. The whole sequence is over the top. Now we just cut to Anakin and Obi Wan already being on the speeder car. We don’t need to know how they got it.

  10. With a different cut, it looks like Anakin is always knowing where the BH is going, and when he jumps off the car, the BH is just beneath them. Slightly more believable.

  11. Anakin doesn’t lose his lightsaber (to remove the ridiculous Obi Wan reaching it). I reversed the shot of Ani igniting it, so it looks like he turned it off.

More to come…

Cannot wait

Post
#1274034
Topic
The Last Jedi - Clean cut edition
Time

stretch009 said:

This was an excellent edit, but I don’t know how much more I can take of the terrible Feminist agenda in these movies. The masculine Rey ruins it for me as well as the rest of the Leftist garbage in this movie. Great article here:

Link removed by moderator; no politics - thank you.

Great how badass Rey was in this edit. So pleasing after how she was portrayed in TFA

Post
#1273810
Topic
The Force Awakens - The Starlight Project
Time

NeverarGreat said:

Here’s an updated scene, with the return of the unused music and a still of the wall of days and the last shot of Rey as a stand-in for the island drawing. I like the idea you had RL about using the wall for the drawing, but it would still be fun to film an insert shot of that.

https://vimeo.com/316877939

Password: fanedit

OMG, Your a genius, i so love your work

Post
#1273804
Topic
The Force Awakens - The Starlight Project
Time

Legacyofajedi said:

NeverarGreat said:

ziggyonice said:

NeverarGreat said:

Here’s a more polished version of the scene, with some improved transitions and an edit to the Hux/Snoke dialogue. The rearrangement of the Kylo/Snoke dialogue has been dialed back but still retains the main idea.

This looks good, although (personally) I think the “He means nothing to me” line is too confusing on its own.

I definitely wouldn’t say the earlier Snoke scenes were failures. I really liked how you ended one of them with Snoke calling Kyle Ren “Solo.”

Thanks, I also like that bit and might keep it in the 2nd Snoke scene.
‘He means nothing to me’ is intentionally confusing since we don’t know what it refers to yet. I’ll sit with it for a while in any case.
Brilliant
Speaking of Kylo and Han, I had an idea for their final confrontation that would hopefully give some more depth and emotion to the scene.

https://vimeo.com/319079063

Password: fanedit

Since I’m thinking about cutting a lot of the Han/Leia dialogue about Ben, I thought it might be good to include snippets here, where they essentially act as evidence in Kylo’s final test of his parents. I think Kylo’s twisted ‘Thank you’ is much more meaning

Brilliant work

Post
#1273803
Topic
The Force Awakens - The Starlight Project
Time

NeverarGreat said:

ziggyonice said:

NeverarGreat said:

Here’s a more polished version of the scene, with some improved transitions and an edit to the Hux/Snoke dialogue. The rearrangement of the Kylo/Snoke dialogue has been dialed back but still retains the main idea.

This looks good, although (personally) I think the “He means nothing to me” line is too confusing on its own.

I definitely wouldn’t say the earlier Snoke scenes were failures. I really liked how you ended one of them with Snoke calling Kyle Ren “Solo.”

Thanks, I also like that bit and might keep it in the 2nd Snoke scene.
‘He means nothing to me’ is intentionally confusing since we don’t know what it refers to yet. I’ll sit with it for a while in any case.
Brilliant
Speaking of Kylo and Han, I had an idea for their final confrontation that would hopefully give some more depth and emotion to the scene.

https://vimeo.com/319079063

Password: fanedit

Since I’m thinking about cutting a lot of the Han/Leia dialogue about Ben, I thought it might be good to include snippets here, where they essentially act as evidence in Kylo’s final test of his parents. I think Kylo’s twisted ‘Thank you’ is much more meaningful in this context.