Sign In

Emre1601

User Group
Members
Join date
13-Mar-2022
Last activity
3-Feb-2023
Posts
218

Post History

Post
#1481611
Topic
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Derann Super 8 version of A New Hope?
Time

I do not know anything about Super 8. But there is a thread here on it here:

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Original-Trilogy-on-Super-8/id/84967

and more on Super 8 in: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/An-Index-Help-Thread-for-Original-Trilogy-Discussion/id/57363
 

Specialist Super 8 websites, or film collector websites, will likely have more information on how to buy them.

If any are still available, or not massively expensive?

Post
#1481610
Topic
Who is Anakin's father?
Time

Stardust1138 said:

According to George:

“Early on, it was that Anakin had been more or less created by the midi-chlorians, and that the midi-chlorians had a very powerful relationship to the Whills [from the first draft of Star Wars], and the power of the Whills, and all that. I never really got a chance to explain the Whills part.”

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-oral-history

George did the have the chance to explain the Whills. He simply chose not to.

As others have said, George had three whole Prequel films to explain this, but he stopped at a bad and ham-fisted explanation of “midichlorian XP counts” in TPM instead.
 

Who is Anakin’s father?

I prefer the earlier ROTS script from George that had with Palpatine being Anakin’s father:

 
a link to the above Rolling Stone piece from 2005:

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/george-lucas-and-the-cult-of-darth-vader-247142/

 

Edit.

“In an early draft of Revenge of the Sith, Darth Sidious reveals the truth about Anakin’s father”:

https://twitter.com/mikeklimo/status/613108641663709184

Post
#1481117
Topic
The original Force Unleashed is the best Star Wars game.
Time

Darth Malgus said:

I love the first game, but the second game doesn’t exist to me. It’s pointless. Starkiller’s story was concluded, it didn’t need a sequel.

Was the 2nd game still about the same Starkiller? I thought it was a different clone of his?
I suppose I don’t remember much about it. I didn’t buy it, and only played it at a friends house occasionally because it was so disappointing when compared to the 1st game. A lazy “cash in” sequel game?

Post
#1480890
Topic
<strong>The Book Of Boba Fett</strong> (live action series) - a general discussion thread - * <strong>SPOILERS</strong> *
Time

Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett will drop on Disney+ on May 4 to celebrate Star Wars Day.

The official description can be seen below:

“‘Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett’ explores the behind-the-scenes story of the legendary bounty hunter’s return to Tatooine with mercenary Fennec Shand, seeking to claim the territory once run by Jabba the Hutt. In this insightful new special, filmmakers, cast and crew reveal never-before-seen footage, groundbreaking technology and the practical effects that brought it all to life.”

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-day-2022-disney-plus
 

I enjoyed “Disney Galleries” for The Mandalorian, so I hope I will enjoy this as well. And the “never-before-seen footage” are unused scenes or alternative shots from the series itself.

Post
#1480889
Topic
Lucasfilm Games
Time

Amy Hennig’s Skydance New Media Is Working On A New Star Wars Game

I always get a little excited when there is news of a new Star Wars game. But as it can take years to make a modern game I just hope we actually see it released, and it is not cancelled, like Amy Hennig’s previous Star Wars game was.
 

LexX said:

fmalover said:

The way I see it, Lucasfilm Games has been created as way to circumvent the exclusivity deal with EA, because it seems like Disney has realized it was a mistake with EA releasing a grand total of three games, of which only one (Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order) is truly good.

It also reinforces what I’ve been saying for years, that closing LucasArts was a mistake.

Long are those times when they made SIX new SW games in a single year. 😦 Of course the quality varied but at least there was something new to play.

1990’s gaming was a brilliant time, even when there was something we didn’t like there was always another game to look forward to. And also for Star Wars games.

Post
#1480644
Topic
What will be the next physical home media release of the Original Trilogy?
Time

JackNapier said:

Worst case is another unnecessary rerelease of the SEs.

It is the worst case. A re-packaged re-release of the 2019 Special Editions.

Trilogy box sets for each of the 3 trilogies in the “Skywalker Saga”.

Available in 4K, or blu ray, or on DVD, depending on where you live. Buy not available in the USA?

 

In Aus, 27th April: 4K, blu ray, & DVD - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/search?query=Star Wars: The Originals (Episodes 4-6)&page=1
In France, 15th April: 4K, & DVD - https://www.amazon.fr/Star-Wars-Ultra-Blu-Ray-Bonus/dp/B09QP3K7YC
In Italy, 15th April: 4K, & DVD - https://www.amazon.it/Star-Wars-Trilogia-Ep-4-6-UHD-Limited/dp/B09TTDNMV8
In Germany, 21st April: blu ray, & DVD - https://www.amazon.de/Carrie-Fisher/dp/B09R8HG231
In UK, 2nd May: blu ray, & DVD - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Trilogy-Blu-ray-Episodes-Region/dp/B09RNQYDXP
In Spain, 27th April: blu ray, & DVD - https://www.amazon.es/dp/B09RX87659

There are probably other countries that have releases for these sets, but I have not looked.
Only Australia from the above list of countries is getting a full set of format releases for these sets - 4K, blu ray, and DVD.

 

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Star-Wars-The-Skywalker-Saga-4k-UHD-27-DISC-Boxed-Set-3312020/id/71486/page/21#1468307

According to the posts in the above link even the bonus material is just the same as the 2020 physical media releases.

 

Edit:

a 2 minute unboxing video of the 2022 UK blu ray sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaipzyi08Rs

a 30 minute Nathan Butler video on the 2022 French 4K/UHD sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59yug_Vt0YQ

a 20 minute Nathan Butler video on the 2022 UK blu ray & DVD sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2J3zdA75KQ

a 30 minute Nathan Butler video on the 2022 Australia 4K, blu ray, DVD sets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MX2bzeJ-ew

Post
#1480311
Topic
<strong>Star Wars: Visions</strong> (animated short films) - a general discussion thread - * <strong>SPOILERS</strong> *
Time

Maybe we will have a 2nd season of Visions. This is just a rumor from someone named Jordan Maison (is he reliable? I hope so):

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/tv/star-wars-visions-continues-with-new-shorts-this-year-exclusive

“Over the last few days I’ve had multiple, independent, sources reach out to tell me some good news. Not only is Star Wars Visions 2 in the works (and pretty much has been since the first season hit), but it is set to arrive THIS YEAR.”

Post
#1480101
Topic
What do you think of The Prequel Trilogy? A general discussion.
Time

Stardust1138 said:

Omni said:

Would like to point out that HelloGreedo’s community is very civil and nice, and that he himself has mostly turned around on his early, PT hating years, which should paint an accurate picture of how PT fans are treated now vs. how they were treated then. I do believe the Ring Theory is a major stretch, but with honest roots in Lucas trying to tie together the saga visually and obviously story-wise as well, to varying degrees of success. But Plinkett is a major no. In his TPM video he claims the opening shot of the original Star Wars is “so brilliant Lucas must have had nothing to do with it.” Stoklasa, not playing the character, in a regular video with “People vs. George Lucas” director claimed that “Lucas is, second only to Ringo Starr, the luckiest person in show-biz.” Amazes me how people still point to him for great critiques. Fucking idiot.

It’s this desperate attempt to minimize everything Lucas has ever done. Stardust and people like them to my understanding are simply over-compensating now, for the overwhelming hate Lucas received since 1997 but especially since 1999. That’s really Lucas’s story is all about, sadly. After the OT and the Indy trilogy Lucas became a legend. A man that has written and produced several incredible films, and directed three excellent films, American Graffiti and Star Wars both considered to be two of the best there’s ever been. Of course he was a legend.

And of course there was never a world where he’d live up to it. Then came the SEs, then came the PT, then came Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and the rest is history. People turned on him, demonized him, grown ass men claiming that Lucas “r***d their childhood”. Really disgusting stuff. Constant harassment, etc etc.

And now we have the Stardusts of the world, people that grew up loving all the man did and still love him, and will defend him to death, probably a lot more because of how minimized he’s been over the years. Sure there’s the oojason “time travelling revisionist” thread, which can be seen by some as a response to Lucas’ “efforts of burying history” over time, but when people come to this website and that thread stands tall, with no “praising George Lucas” or “a moment to thank George Lucas” thread next to it, it paints an obvious picture on how the community views him. Essentially the same thing Stoklasa is saying - a lucky hack that’s done nothing right. Of course that’s absurd. He wrote, produced and directed Star Wars and Graffiti. He wrote and produced TESB, ROTJ and the four Indy films. The man is talented, an amazing writer (even if not necessarily screenwriter) and a very competent director. He made three very different films in his middle age but that doesn’t change what he did when he was younger. I think failing to recognize that is what makes Stardust come here claiming he’s a man of singular vision and that he’s right when everyone is wrong.

Of course, Stardust’s position just keeps feeding on this vicious cycle which will probably never end. Again, we should probably all learn something from Lucas’ playbook - which unsusprisingly is the same as the Jedi playbook - and learn to let go a bit.

You pretty much nailed how I feel in a general sense. I’m really glad first off to hear HelloGreedo’s approach has evolved honestly as I remember watching his videos back in the day where he detailed the changes made to each movie. I merely found them interesting to see how they evolved and grew. I wasn’t watching him to be critical of George Lucas changing his story. I watched them as I liked seeing the development process from what we saw in 1977 to at that point 2011. I’ll always defend George. I owe him so much but he doesn’t owe me anything back. He made a collection of stories outside of just Star Wars that I love too. I love his creative vision and will always defend his and anyone’s artistic integrity over a corporation telling stories or fans telling you what is wrong with your story. I can’t be mad at him. There’s things I’d do differently but I don’t find it’s my place to go on message boards detailing everything I feel is wrong. I’m a generally speaking very positive person with rare instances where I can resort to cynicism. I’m merely with Star Wars and George Lucas sharing complete context to the partial information sometimes claimed to be passed off as absolute fact. I’m guilty of it too. Do I go a little far and do I take responsibility? I absolutely do. I know I’m not perfect and I know my prospective will offend people sometimes but my take on Star Wars is more aligned with following George’s lead versus a fan’s prospective. I love being a fan but sometimes I think as a fan we forget that we aren’t the ones who make these things. I’ll contradict myself sometimes as George does but that’s because I too don’t always have full context. I’m very invested in learning about George and his way of creating stories. I’ve watched nearly everything I can about him on YouTube that isn’t clearly biased. I’ve also watched and read multiple interviews with him. I’ve read books about him and his collaborators. I don’t see him as some cynical man who wanted to hurt anyone or that changed that much as he always had story as the first thing in his mind. He was merely trying to expand the palates to tell those stories with the Prequels. He’s spoken of this and even said he doesn’t like technology all that much. He just didn’t make films like some wanted as they grew up to have different tastes than the different tone and prospective given to his later films. This isn’t a bad thing. We grow and change as we get older. George changed but not in the ways most think. What’s not okay though is acting like he damaged your childhood. He did no such thing. He instead gave Star Wars to another generation and now for better or worse we have Disney doing the same thing. Star Wars has to grow and evolve. It may not be in the ways we always want it to be but we can try accepting it and letting go. We can always see another side to the story. I just tend to value George’s viewpoint more than a fan or anyone else as George is the absolute when it comes to his creations. No one knows Star Wars better than the man who created it.

I sincerely apologise to everyone I offended. I truly am sorry but I also feel the whiplash shouldn’t be squarely put on me as the only one responsible. We can all go a little far sometimes.

That is a lot of words to say you are not going to open your mind to what others have been repeatedly saying to you for some time. Or read acknowledge and accept the facts and sources given to you by others on here. And that instead you will continue to post with the same attitude and style as you previously have.

As Darth Retcon posted above: It appears you are only interested in sources that confirm your own bias or reinforce your one-sided and limited opinions. And refusing to engage in discussions with members on here in good faith, even insulting them on occasion, and also this website.

Nobody is “going too far” on here except you. You have been repeatedly told this, but you continue regardless.

 
 

Edit:

I have copied and pasted much of my more detailed reply below from others on here. This is because I did not want to spend too much time and effort on someone who continues to be unwilling to read and consider what is being presented to them. And ignores much of what is being discussed, showing no application or desire to change or adapt, or post in good faith.
 

Stardust1138 said:

I’ll always defend George. I owe him so much but he doesn’t owe me anything back. He made a collection of stories outside of just Star Wars that I love too. I love his creative vision and will always defend his and anyone’s artistic integrity over a corporation telling stories or fans telling you what is wrong with your story. I can’t be mad at him. There’s things I’d do differently but I don’t find it’s my place to go on message boards detailing everything I feel is wrong. I’m a generally speaking very positive person with rare instances where I can resort to cynicism. I’m merely with Star Wars and George Lucas sharing complete context to the partial information sometimes claimed to be passed off as absolute fact.

What are you defending George from? The truth and facts on highlighted by this website and the member on here?

It appears so, given your attitude to members on here and this forum, and unwillingness to learn from people providing you information as to the factual history of Star Wars, not the re-written history George has twisted, selectively chosen and retconned. And your posting of pre-George content, expecting people to watch or read these, yet also ignoring the wider and factual content provided to you by others on here.
 

I’m guilty of it too. Do I go a little far and do I take responsibility? I absolutely do. I know I’m not perfect and I know my prospective will offend people sometimes but my take on Star Wars is more aligned with following George’s lead versus a fan’s prospective. I love being a fan but sometimes I think as a fan we forget that we aren’t the ones who make these things. I’ll contradict myself sometimes as George does but that’s because I too don’t always have full context. I’m very invested in learning about George and his way of creating stories. I’ve watched nearly everything I can about him on YouTube that isn’t clearly biased. I’ve also watched and read multiple interviews with him. I’ve read books about him and his collaborators.

Yet you refuse to accept facts and evidence presented on here that would provide you a fuller context, “the bigger picture”, and willfully twist facts provided to you. You often often talk about growing, learning, and understanding - but it is actually you yourself who is not willing to do this, when you ignore such truths. Instead it appears you are only interested in sources that confirm your own bias or reinforce your one-sided limited views and opinions. And refusing to engage in discussions with members on here in good faith, even insulting them on occasion, and also this website.
 

I don’t see him as some cynical man who wanted to hurt anyone or that changed that much as he always had story as the first thing in his mind.

Many on here do not see him as a cynical man or wanting to hurt people either. Do not put words in our mouths, thank you.
 

He was merely trying to expand the palates to tell those stories with the Prequels. He’s spoken of this and even said he doesn’t like technology all that much. He just didn’t make films like some wanted as they grew up to have different tastes than the different tone and prospective given to his later films. This isn’t a bad thing. We grow and change as we get older. George changed but not in the ways most think. What’s not okay though is acting like he damaged your childhood. He did no such thing. He instead gave Star Wars to another generation and now for better or worse we have Disney doing the same thing.

Nobody on here thinks George has “damaged our childhoods”. Why are you on here if you think this of the website and people on here? Please, do no place more words in our mouths. What he has done, as some have posted on here, is:

George Lucas in 1997: “…What ends up being important in my mind is what the DVD version is going to look like, because that’s what everybody is going to remember. The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movies that anyone will remember will be the DVD [of the Special Edition].”

"We find that above statement from George to very disconcerting - it is, in effect, an effort to willfully suppress and eradicate landmark film history - as well as inadvertently denigrating audience’s memories and experiences from the unaltered version that existed for some twenty years. To say nothing of these being the original version of the three films upon which the entire Star Wars universe was built on.

An artist shouldn’t be able to change what the audience remembers. We don’t think an artist has the right to arbitrarily change the experience of the film from what people saw. Once it is released to the audience, it belongs with the audience. To interpret and to remember." link
 

Star Wars has to grow and evolve. It may not be in the ways we always want it to be but we can try accepting it and letting go. We can always see another side to the story. I just tend to value George’s viewpoint more than a fan or anyone else as George is the absolute when it comes to his creations. No one knows Star Wars better than the man who created it.

Many on here appear to value truth and facts above hero worship, or unquestioning blind loyalty. As above, it appears you are only interested in sources that confirm your own bias or reinforce your one-sided limited views and opinions. Ignoring sources of information and facts presented to you to to give a fuller and more accurate factual account of Star Wars history.

As Anchorhead said about this website in the post below:

"This site exists almost solely as a way to try to get the original films released and in the absence of that, find ways to try and preserve them. That cataloging of the lies is something that should be at the forefront of what we do here. We’re one of the only places bothering with the truth and the facts to back up the discussions.

Obviously we appreciate his work. That’s why we’ve spent years trying to get it released and preserved. link

It is also worth remembering that creatives Kershner and Marquand directed Empire and Jedi respectively, yet neither The Empire Strikes Back or Return Of The Jedi are available as their respective directors intended, or indeed made, on a modern and quality digital format.

Star Wars is far more than George. On here, many other people’s contributions to early Star Wars are noted, discussed and praised. Including people George has diminished, if not outright erased from his re-written official Star Wars history.
 

I sincerely apologise to everyone I offended. I truly am sorry but I also feel the whiplash shouldn’t be squarely put on me as the only one responsible. We can all go a little far sometimes.

Not just offended, but have insulted too, as you did to Ken-Obi. Who you later started an argument with, and claimed he was gaslighting you, when in fact you were trying to portray yourself as a victim after completely mistaking what he wrote, for what you thought he wrote, and you couldn’t bring yourself to apologize for.

Darth Retcon: “There is the glib and oft-repeated: “we can all go a little far sometimes”. You do this. Nobody else on here does. Noteworthy that there is more emphasis on others ‘doing wrong too’ than any genuine apology from you.” I agree with this. It is another “glib” apology, again trying to place blame on others here too. “Whataboutery”.

Ken-Obi and others on here have the following, or similar: ‘Countless Prequel fans are on here, or people who simply appreciate the Prequels, or who like and respect George, all get on fine with everyone and there is no problem. People worth talking with, engaging with and learning from, all done with respect, for some time now.’

The above is not you.
 

Yet you already know what has been posted in here. You have previously and repeatedly told this by many on here, but you continue regardless.

Post
#1480059
Topic
What do you think of The Prequel Trilogy? A general discussion.
Time

ken-obi said:

Omni said:

Sure, the oojason “time travelling revisionist” thread can be seen as a response to Lucas’ “efforts of burying history” over time, but when people come to this website and that thread stands tall, with no “a moment to thank George Lucas” or something thread next to it, it paints an obvious picture on how the community views him. Essentially the same thing Stoklasa is saying - a lucky hack that’s done nothing right. And of course that’s absurd. He wrote, produced and directed Star Wars and Graffiti. He wrote and produced TESB, ROTJ and the four Indy films. The man is talented, an amazing writer (even if not necessarily an amazing screenwriter) and a competent director. He made three very different films in his middle age but that doesn’t change what he did when he was younger. I think failing to recognize that is what makes Stardust come here claiming he’s a man of singular vision and that he’s right when everyone is wrong.

Of course, Stardust’s position just keeps feeding on this vicious cycle which will probably never end. Again, we should probably all learn something from Lucas’ playbook - which unsusprisingly is the same as the Jedi playbook - and learn to let go a bit.

You should re-read the “GL: Unreliable Narrator” thread again:

“As mentioned above, there have been quite a few conflicting claims and retcons on the history and development of Star Wars over the years from George himself. Attempting to highlight the intriguing and factual account of The Galaxy Far Far Away isn’t a ‘bashing Lucas’ exercise or unfounded criticism of the man himself - a philanthropist who has generously given much of his fortune away to charities, educational endevours and good causes. The same determined genius and visionary who put both his own personal health and money at risk in bringing us these three classic films and the universe within… yet this thread is more a striving for an accurate, revision-free, and authentic record on the history & evolution of Star Wars.”
 

Stardust insults, patronizes and condescends OT fans on here (not just me). He is quick to jump in and misreads what people are actually saying, in comparison to what he thinks is being said. Instead of offering an apology he will attempt to portray himself as a “victim” or as himself somehow being wronged, along with glib response of “nobody is prefect and we can all do better” or “we can all go a little far at times” type of post. When he is proven to be wrong there is no apology, and when caught out making false claims then claims he was talking about something else and changes the subject. When people state they have no interest in reading or watching additional material he posts content anyway, often with snarky comments about people not understanding the film or George’s vision, or lacking the will to try and understand them; as if he is the only one who understands it. This is often to the point where it derails the thread and topic at hand, which is far different from what Stardust has actually posted in there.

Despite other posting links to what this forum is about, how it came about, and other educational links such as to The Secret History Of Star Wars, Pollock’s Skywalking book, or OT threads such as the as “GL: Unreliable Narrator” and “Timeline” threads simply ignores them, and changes the subject.

This forum is also where Kaminski wrote much of “The Secret History Of Star Wars”, with many contributions, directly and indirectly, from the members on here. Others have said, “The People vs Lucas” documentary features contributions from members here and the site owner. The OT.com was one of the only places online where you could freely talk about the theatrical OT and the SE’s without getting banned (hello TFn and the old SW forums!) This is the place that achieved an official release of the theatrical OT films on DVD in 2006 (although George later screwed everyone over with the quality for that and basically lied again as to why). Preservation projects sprung up from here, fan edits and other projects too - and not just for Star Wars; inspiring other similar communities to do the same. This is one of the few forums online that highlights the factual history of Star Wars, and not George’s retconned and re-written official version. This doesn’t mean there is a vendetta against George, or people are vilifying him, personally attacking him, or when highlighting George’s contradictory claims or attempts at re-writing history they are in the wrong for doing so. Striving for an accurate, revision-free, and authentic record on the history & evolution of Star Wars is part of the fabric of this forum.

So when you say:

Omni said:

Again, we should probably all learn something from Lucas’ playbook - which unsusprisingly is the same as the Jedi playbook - and learn to let go a bit.

I say (for the shit all that it is worth): “No. Not this forum, nor the members on here that don’t want to.”
 

As others have also said, Stardust has no respect for this forum, the people here, or what they say in conversations. As well-written as his posts are, he is not posting in good faith. Stardust often talks about growing and learning, but is not willing to do that himself. He is, as Darth Retcon put it earlier, “basically trolling”.

SparkySywer, among others, saw through Stardust’s latest attempt at jumping in, making a fool of himself in getting his facts completely wrong, and then trying to portray himself as the victim, here (with still no apology by Stardust):

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Unpopular-Opinion-Thread/id/80996/page/22#1479909 (with a few other observations others agree with)
 

Others too have said along these lines: ‘Countless Prequel fans are on here, or people who simply appreciate the Prequels, or who like and respect George, all get on fine with everyone and there is no problem. People worth talking with, engaging with and learning from, all done with respect, for some time now.’

What is described in the above paragraph, that’s not Stardust, and if his “position just keeps feeding on this vicious cycle which will probably never end” then he should adapt, take a leaf from the many other Prequel fans on here and start discussions in a civil manner, or leave.

As it is simply his attitude to others on here and his posting style which is causing such issues.

 

Taking a read from the “OT Index” thread (and well as a being a site dedicated to the preservation of the unaltered OT films):

"A reminder that TFn was a place where their moderators seemingly threatened bans for members for simply wanting to discuss the unaltered theatrical cuts of the Original Trilogy - let alone talking about some of Lucas’ conflicting claims, or criticism of the PT etc.

A significant number of members here are fans who were made to feel unwelcome at certain other online Star Wars sites - or were censored or even banned for discussing the unaltered cuts, or highlighting Lucasfilm’s disingenuous statements & alteration of history.

That the OriginalTrilogy•com is a place to openly talk about the revered original cuts of the three iconic & pioneering Star Wars films."
 

If Stardust can’t acknowledge that, or respect that, or the members on here that make up the community, then that is his problem. It is not for members on here to adapt or change. As above, fans of all Star Wars are welcome here, Prequel fans, Sequel fans, Holiday Special crazies fans, but probably not Lucas zealots who post and act like Stardust has, and is. And despite being advised on how to better engage with the community here by many people here, he simply continues on as before.

Post
#1480020
Topic
Unpopular Opinion Thread
Time

BedeHistory731 said:

I want a remaster of Super Bombad Racing. Heck, a big collection of old Lucasarts titles from the 3rd-6th generations of gaming would be very welcome. They wouldn’t even need to be ports, since most modern consoles can handle emulation of these console generations.

We already have ports/backwards compatibility for Jedi Outcast, Starfighter: Special Edition, Jedi Starfighter, Jedi Academy, Racer, Republic Commando, The Clone Wars, ROTS, and Bounty Hunter. It’d be nice to get the missing games on a multi-platform release, so more generations can enjoy or dislike these games (see the Super Bombad Racing mention above).

I didn’t mention the Pandemic Studios Battlefront duology or Empire at War because those are best suited for PC gaming. Console Battlefront isn’t as fun as PC.

Super Bombad Racing would be very cool to play again!

Post
#1480017
Topic
Unpopular Opinion Thread
Time

SparkySywer said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

I also struggle to understand George and Prequel zealots’ narrow minded views of people not liking the Prequels is because “you just don’t understand them” or “no, you must watch X, Y, Z to understand George intent and his films”, or simply trying to work George into every post or thread they make. This seems to be a more recent occurrence online in general for PT discussions. Rarely ever talking about the what occurs onscreen, what they themselves actually enjoyed about the the PT, or adding anything new to the discussions, other than condescension and some veiled insults, and also derailing the original topic of the thread. I’m not talking about about the everyday regular Prequel fans or people who simply enjoy most things Star Wars, just the G&P zealots.

Of course everyone is grateful to George for Star Wars, his creation and his dedication, but Star Wars thankfully moved on far beyond George and his retconned and re-invented visions. There is so much more to try, to experience, and enjoy.

The irony of it is Original Trilogy fans can be the exact same way. So it’s not just a Prequels fans thing to do but something I’ve seen Original fans do as well.

Source: My bum

No, actually, I really want to call this out here. You just kind of… assert this and hope it’s taken as fact. Can you give any examples of OT fans behaving the exact same way? Just so the goalposts stay where they belong, specifically I’m looking for:

  1. Claiming the only reason people dislike the OT is because they didn’t understand it
  2. Gatekeeping, and adding a requirement of having done your summer reading watching stuff that isn’t the OT in order for your opinion on the OT to matter
  3. Rarely talk about what actually happens in the OT
  4. Rarely talk about what they actually enjoyed about the OT

All of these are par for the course when talking to a dyed-in-the-wool prequel zealot.

Isn’t it just as narrow focused to not try understanding a piece of art and claiming it’s boring without understanding all of the reasons for what it is actually telling us?

If this is you providing an example of OT fans being like that, then one, you don’t seem to understand what ken-obi was talking about, which seems to be the case when you say

Stardust1138 said:

So no reason to pinpoint just Prequel fans at first as the only ones who can go a little far in how we all discuss the films.

But more importantly, two, dude, seriously, the reason people disagree with you over these movies is actually not because they just don’t understand them. And I don’t want to hear about how much you understand and respect how movies are subjective or whatever just for you to hyperfixate on the totally not phantom menace of people who just don’t want to understand the super subtle prequels.

Stardust1138 said:

I’m done though for sure as it feels like I’m getting gaslighted for not using the exact words you want me to use

What a fascinating conversation this was.

> I think it’s silly how a lot of prequel fans act in bad faith in these conversations
> Prequel fans aren’t the only ones who are mean bullies, OT fans are like that too
> That’s not at all what I was talking about
> Well, I just have a different interpretation of what you said.
> Your interpretation was wrong. You’re saying I said things which I never did.
> Well, someone else also thought what I thought too.
> This does not change that you thought I meant one thing, and I actually meant something else
> I feel gaslighted and attacked

I don’t want to get personal, but I feel like I have to. You seem to have a chronic inability to admit when you’ve made a mistake and you seem to prefer just continually pulling up excuse after excuse instead of just saying “Oops, I am human and fallible and said something that was wrong.” You very clearly misunderstood what ken-obi was saying, literally why not just admit it?

You won’t get an answer. Not an answer that actually answers your points or questions, anyway.

Stardust certainly has problems apologizing for his mistakes, or when caught out making numerous false claims, but has no problem insulting others or trying to paint themselves as a victim. “Sorry, I got it wrong” does not exist in his vocabulary. Though I’d be happy to be proven wrong on this.
 

Darth Retcon said:

Stardust1138 said:

Darth Retcon said:

Stardust1138 said:

Darth Retcon said:

Stardust1138 said:

Darth Malgus said:

I agree with Stardust1138. There are many Prequel fans who behave toxic and offend all those who don’t think like them, but there are also many Original Trilogy fans who do the exact same thing. Idiots are everywhere, no matter what their opinion is. If a person is stupid no matter what his opinion is, he remains stupid regardless, because what makes a person stupid is not his opinions, but his behavior towards others. Explanations aren’t universal and there are things that can work for some people, but that cannot work for other people. For exemple, some people say that Revenge of the Sith doesn’t work as an introduction to the Original Trilogy, or that Rogue One doesn’t work as a prequel to A New Hope. Well, I have never felt this way and I have never managed to understand the point of view of those who support these ideas, but I have always respected their opinion, because the fact that those two films work for me doesn’t mean they can work for everyone. Thank God I became a Star Wars fan in 2018/2019, when the Prequel hate was already pretty much disappeared. If I had been a Star Wars fan between 2005 and 2012 I would have been treated like shit literally by everyone, since I love the Prequel Trilogy and I’m absolutely not willing to compromise on my personal tastes. I was lucky, because my personal tastes came to coincide with an historical period in which they weren’t considered stupid and attacked by everyone. But I don’t want to imagine what the Prequel fans had to go through between 2005 and 2012…

Exactly. It was a rough time until around 2016/2017. That’s when I feel the shift fully started. I also respect everyone’s opinion but it may not seem clear with how I tend to side more with George than fans.

ken-obi said:

“For years Prequel fans were silenced and told we were wrong for liking them. We were laughed at and smeared for not understanding Star Wars like those who grew up with the Original Trilogy.”

No, the whataboutery doesn’t wash, or hold true. You may also want to look at the history of this forum and why it was formed.
 

Stardust1138 said:

Exactly what I’m saying. So no reason to pinpoint just Prequel fans at first as the only ones who can go a little far in how we all discuss the films.

Don’t put words in my mouth. This is something you have before, along with your insults. I didn’t pinpoint Prequels fans:

ken-obi said:

I also struggle to understand George and Prequel zealots’ narrow minded views of people not liking the Prequels is because “you just don’t understand them” or “no, you must watch X, Y, Z to understand George intent and his films”, or simply trying to work George into every post or thread they make. This seems to be a more recent occurrence online in general for PT discussions. Rarely ever talking about the what occurs onscreen, what they themselves actually enjoyed about the the PT, or adding anything new to the discussions, other than condescension and some veiled insults, and also derailing the original topic of the thread. I’m not talking about about the everyday regular Prequel fans or people who simply enjoy most things Star Wars, just the G&P zealots.

Quite clearly I said George & Prequel Zealots. Not everyday regular Prequel fans or those who enjoy most things Star Wars. I have bolded the parts above for you.

Have you seen The People versus George Lucas or the Red Letter Media “reviews”? They’re incredibly biased towards being against George Lucas, the Prequels, and anyone who likes them. They don’t hold equal discussion but merely what reinforces the majority.

It appears it is you are attempting some gaslighting.

If you have seen The People versus George Lucas you know people from this website contributed to it and featured on it, including the site founder and owner, and long time members. You may want to take a closer look at some of the threads on the documentary, and treat people here with more respect. Not condescension, whataboutery or attempts to play at portraying yourself as a victim, when you fuck up and get things wrong.

People have continued to direct you to The Secret History Of Star Wars, Pollock’s Skywwalking book, and the GL: Unreliable Narrator thread. Have you actually taken the time to read through them, or do you just ignore them and continue to expect people to watch the inane and off-topic links you post up on here?
 

Stardust1138 said:

BedeHistory731 said:

Digging oneself deeper by throwing YouTube videos at people, fascinating tactic.

dig up

I didn’t realise there were set rules of how to communicate a message and share information.

I know sometimes I can go a little far in explaining certain things but I’m merely relying what I know without any vendetta towards George. Some don’t like everything he did with Star Wars and that’s fine. However the need to vilify him and treat him like he doesn’t understand his story is defeating the purpose of knowing what Star Wars always meant. It’s personal for all of us but it’s even more personal to him as he created it to begin with.

Not being snarky and patronizing would be a good start on better communication with others on here.

George lies, deceives, retcons and is disingenuous in many of his claims over the years. These are the simply the facts, even if you don’t like that. Because this is one of the few forums that highlight his bullshit doesn’t mean there is a vendetta against him, or people are vilifying him, or can’t highlight his contradictory claims or attempts at re-writing history.

As others have said: facts and the truth matter. “Ignoring facts doesn’t mean they cease to exist”.

Stop acting like a Lucas zealot. Or troll. Read and acknowledge what this forum is about. Engage people in good faith, actually listen and take on board what they have to say. Or just leave.

You can act like I’m the one being zealot but you’re the one who felt the need to go through my posts from last year to message me pointing out where you think I am wrong about certain things. So maybe you should take a look at yourself before you accuse me of being the only zealot one here.

I simply pointed out your posting style was winding people up on here. It appears that is still the case. I also offered suggestions and advice for you to better engage with others here. It appears you didn’t take the advice and continued on regardless - of course,that’s up to you. Yet you still can’t being yourself to apologize when you are caught out with your incorrect claims (as I highlighted to you).

I’m fine with myself. I’m not the one defending myself, yet again, for acting like a troll, getting it completely wrong, and then attempting to play the victim, instead of simply apologizing.

You can believe what you want to believe but I’m not the only one here who can go a little far in explaining my feelings on certain things. I’m fully aware I’m not perfect and make mistakes but to act like I’m the only one who is doing these things is blatantly false.

So you keep on repeatedly claiming. As demonstrated here: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Unpopular-Opinion-Thread/id/80996/page/22#1479909

I’ll leave the conversation there, before you try and attempt to somehow portray yourself as a victim once again.

It seems that it is a good move to leave the conversation, as Stardust does appear to be trying to be positioning himself as a victim, or the as the “wronged” party in this.

Post
#1479918
Topic
General Star Wars Questions
Time

I think it is brilliant effort from the girl on her costume.

Is it correct in the 1970’s you could sit in some cinemas all day, for the price of one viewing? And people saw Star Wars many many times back then, without all the modern distractions, and modern faster pace of life.

I hope we hear the girl’s story, in her own words, on how she did this costume soon.

Post
#1479897
Topic
What do you think of The Prequel Trilogy? A general discussion.
Time

Omni said:

Imagine liking and referencing a video featuring gags of a crazy man who slaves and preys on young girls. Disgusting.

I simply said they did raise some solid issues and points about the shortcomings of the PT onscreen.

Nothing about the character featured in the video, who is obviously meant to be a caricature of deeply disgusting person, and a sick criminal. I don’t like some of the other “humour” or content in the videos either, although this is just an actor playing a character. But again, they did raise some solid issues and points about the shortcomings of the PT.

Post
#1479890
Topic
What do you think of The Prequel Trilogy? A general discussion.
Time

Stardust1138 said:

Emre1601 said:

For all the modern hate thrown at the Plinkett PT reviews, they did raise some solid issues and points about the shortcomings of the PT onscreen.

If the Plinkett reviews actually presented facts instead of opinions or reinforcing false claims I’d probably be able to take them seriously but they don’t. They merely reinforce the consensus of what their target audience believes to be true about the Prequels. Take anything you want from their reviews but it’s likely to be false claims or reinforcing what is already agreed upon by the person watching the reviews thinks are the “problems” with the films. Same with Chris Stuckmann and countless other “critics”.

The majority isn’t always right.

I consider the purpose of film criticism to be one able to challenge my thoughts and make me look at things in a different way. I’ll either agree and change my initial thoughts or I’ll stay the same with greater understanding why I feel as I do. I also see the artist above what critics and fans alike think.

Cool.

Even without reinforcing a consensus or appealing to his target audience, or some sort of perceived majority. Whether you consider the purpose of film criticism to be A, B or C. Or if you want to dismiss him because you don’t agree with his views, style or content (and ‘countless other “critics”’). I think he raised some valid points and facts in his videos.

And that Fan Edits for the Prequels address many of the issues mentioned in his videos, fixing the parts of the PT films far better than George ever likely would. And also making them more enjoyable and coherent films in the overall Saga.
 

As for “reinforcing false claims”, you may want to take a look in the mirror. Send me a PM if you want to continue this conversation. Or not, it is up to you.

Post
#1479855
Topic
Should the sequel trilogy be &quot;reworked&quot; to make them better movies?
Time

JadedSkywalker said:

I think they are trying to fix them with Expanded stuff outside the films after the fact making the same mistake as the prequels. Filling in the blanks, rewriting things in context, retconning where necessary. Should have been done during the screenplay stage don’tcha think. There is that Lando and Luke book coming out that is meant to Fix Rise of Skywalker.

The Kylo comic with hippie Snoke was weird though. I don’t consider that even canon to the Disney movies. The only thing i liked about that was showing Luke as a teacher and him searching for old jedi temples and artifacts. But it just doesn’t fit with the movie they made.

Its also ironic the guy fixing the mistakes is the same guy as last time Filoni. With the tv shows.

Filoni should stop messing around with the tv shows, and bring us the Filoni SE Saga instead! 😉

I would also settle for a Jon Favreau SE Saga.

But I am more than happy with Hal9000’s Saga, and the many other remarkable Saga Edits too.

Post
#1479853
Topic
What do you think of The Prequel Trilogy? A general discussion.
Time

Haarspalter said:

theprequelsrule said:

I have come to the point where I am more interested and fascinated by the train wreck nature of this franchise and by the toxic battles within its own fandom then the actual material.

That mindset haunts me too in terms of the Prequels. I can’t enjoy Episode I - III as movies anymore. I guess i watched the Making Ofs & Web-Docs (The Beginning, From Puppets to Pixels, etc.) more often than the movies itself. And when i watch them occasionally, i just watch them with audio commentary. I wanted to enjoy those movies so many times, but it always comes down to: trying to understand George Lucas’ awkward decision making and neverending ‘it-always-meant-to-be’ justifications. It is a puzzle i can’t solve. The OT is not tainted for me, but the PT is.

This is similar to what I feel too. There are far too many “mental gymnastics and long reaches” required, as others have said on here, which simply do not address or fix the many issues the PT has. They just don’t do it for me, and shouldn’t be needed to enjoy films now meant to be part of some sort of coherent Saga.

For all the modern hate thrown at the Plinkett PT reviews, they did raise some solid issues and points about the shortcomings of the PT onscreen.

Fan Edits for the Prequels address many of the issues, fixing the parts of the PT films far better than George ever likely would. And also making them more enjoyable and coherent films in the overall Saga.

Post
#1479851
Topic
What do you think of the <strong>Sequel Trilogy</strong>? - a general discussion thread
Time

ken-obi said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

George has had many visions, re-wrote history, lied, deceived, attempted to change the audience’s memories of the films for his many changing visions in the case of the OT.

He had the chance to make his Sequel Trilogy for many years, and chose not to, until his latest vision for the ST came to him circa 2012, with Leia now retconned to be made the Chosen One, not Anakin. No wonder the company he sold Star Wars to passed on it.
 

I won’t get into the first bit as I don’t want to have another argument.

However with the second part I find context matters again. He started working on it in circa 2011 before Disney came into the picture. He always said before selling that the Sequels weren’t ever as fleshed out. It makes sense they’d need some work with what he already had originally. He had the same approach with the Prequels but more to work with when doing them as he had already developed it a great deal. There’s no retcon with Leia being made the “Chosen One”. He didn’t necessarily mean it literally per say but merely it seems to be an extension of the Mortis story arc in The Clone Wars series. He was merely recontextualising the story and adding new meanings to things we knew partial information to. A story grows and evolves. This is natural.

Stardust1138 said:

Greetings all! It’s been awhile. Further details of George’s Sequels leaked from the upcoming book “The Star Wars Archives: 1999-2005”.

Here George gives a greater context to the story of the trilogy he wanted to tell beyond what we’ve heard with regards to the Whills, Luke being in exile to find his spark again in Episode VII, and the son of Han and Leia falling to the Dark Side.

THE CHOSEN ONE

George Lucas: "Darth Maul trained a girl, Darth Talon, who was in the comic books as his apprentice. She was the new Darth Vader, and most of the action was with her. So these were the two main villains of the trilogy. Maul eventually becomes the godfather of crime in the universe because, as the Empire falls, he takes over.

The movies are about how Leia—I mean, who else is going to be the leader?—is trying to build the Republic. They still have the apparatus of the Republic but they have to get it under control from the gangsters. That was the main story.

It starts out a few years after Return of the Jedi and we establish pretty quickly that there’s this underworld, there are these offshoot stormtroopers who started their own planets, and that Luke is trying to restart the Jedi. He puts the word out, so out of 100,000 Jedi, maybe 50 or 100 are left. The Jedi have to grow again from scratch, so Luke has to find two- and three-year-olds, and train them. It’ll be 20 years before you have a new generation of Jedi.

By the end of the trilogy Luke would have rebuilt much of the Jedi, and we would have the renewal of the New Republic, with Leia, Senator Organa, becoming the Supreme Chancellor in charge of everything. So she ended up being the Chosen One."

Seem pretty literal, and from George’s own mouth.

I dont’t find it as literal as it may seem. I own the book the quote comes from. Different things mean different things just as it does within the book or a story. Context changes within different parts of the story being added to. Sometimes you have to dig deeper than only taking what is given to you at face value. The cake beneath the surface. He thought through his decisions and why he’d do them. He acted on intuition and knew what he felt was best for serving the stories he wanted to tell. He has a different approach to changing things than how fans take them to mean.

Again, the quotes above seems pretty literal, and are from George’s own mouth.

George is on record as retconning Leia to be the “Chosen One” in his 2012 ST treatments. That is just a simple fact.

I’ll take the facts at hand over someone’s highly personal interpretation of “context” on this.

If you want to believe otherwise that is up to you.
 

As someone on here once posted, and probably something to remember: “facts don’t cease to exist because they are ignored”.

Well said, Ken-Obi.

henzINNIT said:

For the criticisms I have with Disney’s Star Wars, their movies have mostly looked great. Much better than the MCU films, which are somehow constantly drab despite the colourful things happening on screen.

They certainly are. Rogue One too, and apart from the brightness issues of Solo, it looked great as well.

Post
#1479850
Topic
Unpopular Opinion Thread
Time

ken-obi said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

Stardust1138 said:

ken-obi said:

No. You clearly said I was “pinpoint(ing) just Prequel fans”:

Stardust1138 said:

Exactly what I’m saying. So no reason to pinpoint just Prequel fans at first as the only ones who can go a little far in how we all discuss the films.

Again:

ken-obi said:

“For years Prequel fans were silenced and told we were wrong for liking them. We were laughed at and smeared for not understanding Star Wars like those who grew up with the Original Trilogy.” - Stardust1138

No, the whataboutery doesn’t wash, or hold true. You may also want to look at the history of this forum and why it was formed.
 

Stardust1138 said:

Exactly what I’m saying. So no reason to pinpoint just Prequel fans at first as the only ones who can go a little far in how we all discuss the films.

Don’t put words in my mouth. This is something you have before, along with your insults. I didn’t pinpoint Prequels fans:

ken-obi said:

I also struggle to understand George and Prequel zealots’ narrow minded views of people not liking the Prequels is because “you just don’t understand them” or “no, you must watch X, Y, Z to understand George intent and his films”, or simply trying to work George into every post or thread they make. This seems to be a more recent occurrence online in general for PT discussions. Rarely ever talking about the what occurs onscreen, what they themselves actually enjoyed about the the PT, or adding anything new to the discussions, other than condescension and some veiled insults, and also derailing the original topic of the thread. I’m not talking about about the everyday regular Prequel fans or people who simply enjoy most things Star Wars, just the G&P zealots.

Quite clearly I said George & Prequel Zealots. Not everyday regular Prequel fans or those who enjoy most things Star Wars. I have bolded the parts above for you.

I personally felt you were as you didn’t include zealous Original Trilogy fans in your initial assessment of those who can go a little far in discussing things. It felt like you were only pinpointing zealous Prequel fans. So it’s pretty much the same thing is what I’m getting at in broader terms. There’s zealous fans on both sides. I just didn’t use the word zealous at first as you did to explain the difference. I take responsibility for that.

Look at the facts in front of you. The posts and the words. It is not the same thing at all. Or in “broader terms”.

Though I am glad you accept responsibility for your mistake, and for putting words in my mouth once again.

We merely have a different read on what it seemed like you said. That’s okay. We can’t agree on everything and will get a different context to some things.

BedeHistory731 said:

Mat Lucas > Matt Lanter, as far as Anakin voices go. Mat actually sounds vaguely like Hayden!

I agree Mat Lucas does sound more like Hayden vaguely but I enjoy Matt Lanter’s take on the character slightly more as he made it more of his own.

You obviously have a disconnect between what you thought I said and what I actually said.

Again, please read and think about what others are actually saying, before jumping in.

I’m not the only one. Darth Malgus had the same read as I did with your initial statement.

And?

How does that change my post above?

I haven’t even read what Darth Malgus has posted yet. So far it has been difficult enough getting you to read, realize, acknowledge and accept responsibility for mistaking what I actually wrote, for what you thought I wrote. “Sorry, I’ll take more care in the future to read what people are actually saying” would have simply done it.

Are we done now? You’re going to read and think about what others are actually saying, before jumping in? Great. Do you want me to go read Darth Malgus post and reply to him too? If it is okay with you I’ll do this later.

I’m just pointing out that Darth Malgus had a similar read to what you said as I did. That’s all. So it’s not only me who took what you said differently from how you presented it. I’m done though for sure as it feels like I’m getting gaslighted for not using the exact words you want me to use or how my points about the backlash George and Prequel fans got were a real thing are being claimed as false when it was anything but that. Especially when it equally pushed Ahmed Best, Jake Lloyd, and others involved to dark places.

Again, I haven’t read what Darth Malgus has said.

You feel “gaslighted”? Don’t portray the victim. You jumped in after getting what I said completely wrong. Something which you acknowledge, but are somehow looking for excuses for, or to introduce “broader terms”.

As you like posting links to videos for others to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3nScN89Klo

Again, a “Sorry, I’ll take more care in the future to read what people are actually saying” would have simply sufficed.

Well I loved the link in good humour. But I do doubt you’ll get a “sorry” from Stardust for completely misunderstanding your posts. And then trying to excuse himself, and trying to make out you’d done something wrong. This is the modern internet for you, even when someone fucks up they rarely say sorry or admit they got things wrong.

Stardust has also done this many times on here, and more people are noticing this too.

Post
#1479530
Topic
Info Wanted:Star Wars Episode 1-6 3D Re Releases
Time

I know very little on 3D Star Wars, but there is a section on the 3D films and also a completed fan project (but nobody has access to it?) in https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/An-Index-Help-Thread-for-Original-Trilogy-Discussion/id/57363 : in the “The Home Releases and Formats of the Original Trilogy”. Maybe there is something in there that may help you?

Post
#1479528
Topic
The Darker tone of Revenge of the Sith - But why?
Time

Many people know George had outlines and ideas for the Prequel films back in the 70’s and 80’s as part of the backstory for the Original films. This is known and not really surprising. These ideas were also not well executed onscreen in the PT for many fans, and as you say are rushed.

Plans also changed over time, of course. Yet many other discrepancies were also needlessly introduced.

From the “Making Of ROTJ” book and Huffington link you posted:

George Lucas [on The Force]: “Like yoga. If you want to take the time to do it, you can do it; but the ones that really want to do it are the ones who are into that kind of thing. Also like karate. Also another misconception is that Yoda teaches Jedi, but he is like a guru; he doesn’t go out and fight anybody.”
 

But that doesn’t really have much to do with the dark tone of ROTS that you are asking about. Why do you think the 3 scenes Ken-Obi mentions above were so rushed in ROTS? Or appear so dark in tone?
 

In the countless interviews George has done on Star Wars it is striking nobody asks him why there are so many disconnects, or why he did not follow through some of his outline ideas for the Prequels back in the 80’s, or simply correct the changes he made to them before filming.

As you said: Padme not dying in the early ideas, but then dying on screen in ROTS, contradicting Leia remembering her mother in ROTJ, when ROTS later shows this is not possible.

Lucas: “Yes, so we can bring that out when Luke is talking to her [Leia]; she can say that her mother died when “I was two years old.”

This is quite a simple fix to make if killing Padme was to become a thing in ROTS, but George didn’t adapt the story to go with this change. Yet nobody asks him why? Perhaps because there are so many, and nobody want to open that can of worms?! 😃
 

Many other discrepancies were also needlessly introduced. Or plain “time-travelling revisionism” as listed in the link you posted: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/George-Lucas-Star-Wars-Creator-Unreliable-Narrator-Time-Travelling-Revisionist/id/66986

The depth process is something that was there in among George’s outlined plans and ideas, it is unfortunate he did not see them through. Or give them the attention to detail that any changes in story warranted. Instead it comes off as lazy, disconnected, a little baffling, and incoherent storytelling. And not really “connect them more seamlessly by outlining the dark and dramatic events, so they could tie into each other and therefore flow” - even for the instances which you mention (is it a parallel when a writer uses something similar, or flips something, to what was used some 20 years before? Does it tie into each other and flow? To me, no. But it is good that some people do, and also enjoy them).

In trying to retcon or re-write Star Wars history so many times, George also does himself no credit, making it more difficult to believe or trust his other claims.
 

Have you read “The Secret History Of Star Wars”, jinxfan2? There is some interesting facts and evidence on George’s backstory for what became the Prequels in there. It is very much an eye opening read.

Post
#1479443
Topic
What do you think of the <strong>Sequel Trilogy</strong>? - a general discussion thread
Time

Servii said:

What, out of interest, would you say are some of the discrepancies between the Sequels and the Original Trilogy?

There’s a few I can remember.

Thank you for those.

I admit the second Death Star being so intact took me out of TROS a little for a while. Was there any explanation or “nod” why from JJ or the writers? The DSII remnant we saw just didn’t need to be that large for the purpose it served in TROS.