Sign In

DarkSpecter5K

User Group
Members
Join date
8-Jun-2020
Last activity
4-Jul-2020
Posts
34

Post History

Post
#1360358
Topic
The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant
Time

Cinefy said:

Hal 9000 said:

Here’s my inventory of things left unresolved as of now.

  • Need opening crawl from Sir Ridley

  • Need the two vision scenes, desert extension, and “Ben, come home” line from DominicCobb

  • Two shots from poppasketti for the squeaky wheel scene

  • Luke’s ghost with haircut and less blue, from jonh, as well as Ben Solo’s ghost for the end of the movie

  • Once axlanian and krausfadr’s Knights of Ren voiceover is finished, I’ll consider what of it to use

  • Add Naboo to end celebration montage as recently described (no one has been assigned this task)

  • Need Coruscant added to the exterior and/or window of the briefing scene on Ren’s destroyer (no one has been assigned this task)

  • I will try the OST for an alternate musical accompaniment to the added establishing shot of Ach-To

As you can see, there aren’t too terribly many things that remain, at least for the main version. Rey Nobody can then wait until things are fully ready for that as well.

Am I the only person who didn’t mind Rey Palpatine?

I was cool with it tbh. Like someone said about poetry, Vader sacrificed himself for his family whereas his master murdered his own and it led to his demise at the hands of both of his creations so to speak

Post
#1360357
Topic
The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant
Time

Ocrop27 said:

Hey, lurker here!

I was just wondering why do you guys think Ben’s ghost should apear at the end. In my perspective he should have lived, but since he became one with the force I find interesting why they chose not to put him with Luke and Leia. My best guess is that they wanted to leave some doors open, for example, maybe he is part of Rey now? I don’t know… Maybe some dyad thing. Anyway, I personally would prefer him not appearing (actually, I would prefer him alive), but that’s just me.

Going back to my cave now, you guys are amazing!

There’s these clips if you like

https://youtu.be/BlnRy7g--tU
https://youtu.be/uJQNyQVXUqU

Post
#1359404
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

Knight of Kalee said:

I would gladly learn VFX stuff and modify the lip-syncing of the characters to redub the planet’s name as Korriban. The shot of the Sith statues with the orange ambience just speaks KOTOR.

Korriban is widely known to those it concerns, though, so it wouldn’t function as a secret base. All the more reason to stay close to the official blue grade to differentiate it from Korriban. It also really suits Palpatine. I do like the “grey” recolor though. Something along those lines might be good.

I’ve only seen the orange recolor, has gray been done yet? I can see grey mixed with green from the machine like someone else suggested to imply the Nightsister magic

Post
#1358393
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Knight of Kalee said:

Yeah that would be perfecting an already awesome ending sequence. If only someone could put R2 in there…

My dream ending sequence would be: Rey walking past BB8 --> hypothetical Falcon take-off --> cockpit group shot --> Binary sunset with Falcon flying away plus the ghosts of all the Skywalkers (Ben included) in the foreground.

You could edit his and BB8s own beeping into the background

Post
#1358252
Topic
The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant
Time

Chase Adams said:

I’ve had a talk with the incredible Bobson Dugnutt about his progress on Luke’s force ghost and fortunately, he has informed me that at some point today he’ll be posting a preview clip of what he’s done so far. Hal, I would hold off on exporting anything final until Bobson has wrapped this project up because believe me, you’ll want to include this in your edit if he can pull it off!

Also, It’s worth noting that from what I’ve seen, Skenera’s LUT applied to Bobson’s test screenshots works beautifully together!

Do you have a link to what Bobson is doing?

Post
#1357342
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Ed Slushie said:

DarkSpecter5K said:

Ed Slushie said:

Knight of Kalee said:

I believe the new planets that could be do-able, make sense in-universe and are significant enough are

  • Naboo
  • Corellia
  • Kashyyyk
  • Cantonica (Maybe that shot with the broom kid could be repurposed)
  • Kijimi.

If I had to choose one planet from the expanded universe, I’d say Nevarro.

That way one has representation for all trilogies and the spin-offs, including planets that are significant to the heroes in some way (Corellia, Kashyyyk), or that were seen placed under a nasty First Order regime (Kijimi), making the montage have more of a catharsis feel rather than adding planets for the sake of it.

I’ve also been interested in repurposing the shot of the broom kid. I actually briefly tried to mask out clips from Rey’s visit to Tatooine to create a scene of her visiting the Broom kid (presumably buying his freedom) but there wasn’t enough footage and also I’m not that good at masking.

Mask out?

Cut out part of the frame, in this case the background so that I could change it to Canto Bight.
I might not have used the term correctly, I haven’t been editing very long.

You might be right on the term, I’m an amateur too and only added in scenes already made. What app do you use for me to try it out?

Post
#1357341
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Knight of Kalee said:

Hey! I remember someone in this forum once did a mock-up of a green Exegol, but I can’t remember who was.
I was thinking about that idea of suggesting Palpatine kept himself alive through arcane methods, maybe involving secrets learned from the Nightsisters. That could be accomplished by surrounding the ailing Palpatine and his machinery with a faint green mist, plus Nightsister magic sound effects pulled from the Clone Wars show.

Also, maybe that green color and magic SFX could be applied to the Force-draining when Palpatine restores himself. I was watching the original movie with my family and it was kind of funny for us how the draining effect looked like a Dementor’s kiss 😄

That actually makes sense, especially considering the zombie Nightsisters in Jedi Fallen Order

Post
#1357339
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

DarkSpecter5K said:

So I’ve talked to a few different people on here about an idea I had for the expansion of the end scene of the crashing Star Destroyers if anyone is interested in helping put it together.

I was thinking a penultimate farewell to the galaxy if this is the end of the main series. Naboo, Geonosis, etc. I thought just taking some clips from the past and editing the falling Star Destroyer in the background would be a better way to end it, try to rival ROTJ. Add in some cheers and the Throne Room Theme from ANH as the background music for all the clips.

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

I really don’t see why we can’t put the RotJ SE celebration here instead. It’s much more up to snuff, and leaving it in RotJ feels like one big lie/premature celebration now that the ST exists.

Point taken, we could get a mp4 of each and let the viewers decide which is better for the scene.

Post
#1357178
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Ed Slushie said:

Knight of Kalee said:

I believe the new planets that could be do-able, make sense in-universe and are significant enough are

  • Naboo
  • Corellia
  • Kashyyyk
  • Cantonica (Maybe that shot with the broom kid could be repurposed)
  • Kijimi.

If I had to choose one planet from the expanded universe, I’d say Nevarro.

That way one has representation for all trilogies and the spin-offs, including planets that are significant to the heroes in some way (Corellia, Kashyyyk), or that were seen placed under a nasty First Order regime (Kijimi), making the montage have more of a catharsis feel rather than adding planets for the sake of it.

I’ve also been interested in repurposing the shot of the broom kid. I actually briefly tried to mask out clips from Rey’s visit to Tatooine to create a scene of her visiting the Broom kid (presumably buying his freedom) but there wasn’t enough footage and also I’m not that good at masking.

Mask out?

Post
#1357048
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Knight of Kalee said:

Well I don’t have any VFX experience so my contribution’s mostly relegated to cooking up ideas or sometimes playing around with music and scene rearrangements 😄. So far my prefered version of the sequence is the one in Hal’s edit: Bespin-Coruscant-a sequel trilogy world.

A thought I had earlier is that the planet-killing Star Destroyers might be more believable if multiple ships were required to blow up a single planet. It could be interesting to have a VFX-edited shot where three or four Destroyers shoot the planet simultaneously.

Ok I misunderstood you 😂 thought you were making an edit too. But yeah, what you describe is the extent of my experience as well.

That does make sense too, because how did the cult get the kyber Crystals for each ship in the fleet?

Post
#1357041
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Knight of Kalee said:

I believe the new planets that could be do-able, make sense in-universe and are significant enough are

  • Naboo
  • Corellia
  • Kashyyyk
  • Cantonica (Maybe that shot with the broom kid could be repurposed)
  • Kijimi.

If I had to choose one planet from the expanded universe, I’d say Nevarro.

That way one has representation for all trilogies and the spin-offs, including planets that are significant to the heroes in some way (Corellia, Kashyyyk), or that were seen placed under a nasty First Order regime (Kijimi), making the montage have more of a catharsis feel rather than adding planets for the sake of it.

That makes sense too, I like the list too. Is that a sequence that you’re intending to remake?

Post
#1357040
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

JakeRyan17 said:

DarkSpecter5K said:

JakeRyan17 said:

Cinefy said:

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

I think Coruscant, Takodanna, Kashyyyk and Theed make the most sense, the population of Geonosis is extremely low after Death Star experiments theres nothing really left there at all.

I haven’t looked at the footage from Solo, but Corellia would be a good one, story-wise. I don’t know that Geonosis would thematically work. Jakku doesn’t even really fit as it’s not really a populous place being freed from tyranny either… but it’s there for Rey.

Coreilla would definitely work, Kessel too on that note. But I think Geonosis would be good and logically wouldn’t the First Order attempt to take it for the same reason that the Empire did?

The Empire stripped it of its resources, so I can’t imagine the First Order needing time claim it again. With Kessel, we only have live-action footage of the mines, not the cities.

Personally, I feel like the scene should be about people becoming free more than places; Geonosis and Kessel (and Jakku) aren’t populated places, just recognisable places. It’s supposed to be about liberation of people, y’know?

I can see that point of view too. I might try to see if I can pull it off, I’m an amateur so I have no idea what it would look like

Post
#1356991
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

JakeRyan17 said:

Cinefy said:

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

I think Coruscant, Takodanna, Kashyyyk and Theed make the most sense, the population of Geonosis is extremely low after Death Star experiments theres nothing really left there at all.

I haven’t looked at the footage from Solo, but Corellia would be a good one, story-wise. I don’t know that Geonosis would thematically work. Jakku doesn’t even really fit as it’s not really a populous place being freed from tyranny either… but it’s there for Rey.

Coreilla would definitely work, Kessel too on that note. But I think Geonosis would be good and logically wouldn’t the First Order attempt to take it for the same reason that the Empire did?

Post
#1356971
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

Cinefy said:

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

I think Coruscant, Takodanna, Kashyyyk and Theed make the most sense, the population of Geonosis is extremely low after Death Star experiments theres nothing really left there at all.

Possible. Then again it’s been almost 40 or 50 years since the purge of the Geonosians, they could’ve been more populated by this point

Post
#1356952
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

So I’ve talked to a few different people on here about an idea I had for the expansion of the end scene of the crashing Star Destroyers if anyone is interested in helping put it together.

I was thinking a penultimate farewell to the galaxy if this is the end of the main series. Naboo, Geonosis, etc. I thought just taking some clips from the past and editing the falling Star Destroyer in the background would be a better way to end it, try to rival ROTJ. Add in some cheers and the Throne Room Theme from ANH as the background music for all the clips.

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

Post
#1356950
Topic
The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant
Time

Cinefy said:

DarkSpecter5K said:

So I’ve talked to a few different people on here about an idea I had for the expansion of the end scene of the crashing Star Destroyers if anyone is interested in helping put it together.

I was thinking a penultimate farewell to the galaxy if this is the end of the main series. Naboo, Geonosis, etc. I thought just taking some clips from the past and editing the falling Star Destroyer in the background would be a better way to end it, try to rival ROTJ. Add in some cheers and the Throne Room Theme from ANH as the background music for all the clips.

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

That’s a lot of ideas and time consuming possibilities, I think Hal wants this to look as realistic as possible. Honestly something like that would have been great for the theatrical film but something that big is just out of budget [not that there is one] also feels very out of place, especially when were trying to make this edit look as high quality as possible, It’s really important edits like these blend well and we don’t end up with fake looking battlefront renders. I definitely think it could work and I wanted that scene to last a lot longer than that it did but it doesn’t really fit this edit in my opinion.

My bad, maybe I should have put it in the general ideas section. Still, maybe we can work up a few of them even separately if anyone wants to have them

Post
#1356914
Topic
The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant
Time

So I’ve talked to a few different people on here about an idea I had for the expansion of the end scene of the crashing Star Destroyers if anyone is interested in helping put it together.

I was thinking a penultimate farewell to the galaxy if this is the end of the main series. Naboo, Geonosis, etc. I thought just taking some clips from the past and editing the falling Star Destroyer in the background would be a better way to end it, try to rival ROTJ. Add in some cheers and the Throne Room Theme from ANH as the background music for all the clips.

I had considered the night scene of Theed from the end of Episode 1. For Geonosis, the cliff scene overlooking the hive when Obi-Wan arrives. Takodana, take the clip in TFA of Maz’s castle with all the flags and Utapau can be from some of the trailers. Either the night scene of the Stormtroopers on the walkers or day scene before the battle begins could work for Kashyyyk. Idk if you would want any TCW planets.

Post
#1356290
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

TK-422 said:

The plot leaked in full about three months before the film released. And saying that Palpatine will die doesn’t exactly make you Nostradamus.

I remember he mentioned a source in the video, I don’t remember if it was a full script leak. But those aren’t always reliable either, wasn’t one of the prequels leaked too? But that was just an example, the how he died (blowing himself up) because i remember everyone saying that sounded dumb. Did the leak have the Falcon shot down?

Post
#1356138
Topic
Star Wars: <strong>The Rise Of Skywalker</strong> Redux Ideas thread
Time

omnimuffin said:

Movies Remastered said:

There were so many references to Finn being force sensitive in TROS that it can’t be anything else other than him telling Rey.

I doubt the cast will return for another movie so I’m sure we’ll find out in a comic or something soon.

What’s everyone’s take on Doomcocks info that Disney is gonna introduce different timelines to bypass the sequels?

Absolutely and hilariously ridiculous. Doomcock is a) an idiot, b) an asshole, and c) an idiotic asshole. He’s never been right about anything on a level beyond ‘a broken clock is right twice a day’.

To be fair Doomcock predicted just about everything in TROS before release, including how Palpatine died again