Any new infos?
Will this come out before or after the other edits that you have planned?
My suggestions for Prisoner of Azkaban:
- I would like the movie to be more colourful if that’s possible, especially the scenes that play outside at bright day are way too greyish
- I always hated that the patronus has a slight delay in this movie, like Harry screams “expecto patronum” and there are these awkward 1-2 seconds where nothing happens
- in the book quidditch takes a big part because it is Oliver Wood’s last year and he still hasn’t won the quidditch cup, obviously you can’t add scenes that where never filmed, but maybe you could add one or two voice clips from previous movies like “be careful, Harry” to show he is at least there
- the same for Cedric Diggory and maybe cut out the actor who played the Hufflepuff seeker, cause it creats a continuity error
- the screams of Harry’s mother need to sound more terrifying and less like it’s singing
- when Fudge tells Mcgonagall the story of Sirius’ betrayal you could show footage of their death
- I hate the scene where the fat lady tries to break the glass it’s so unnecessary and painful to watch
I know this might be controversial but I always hated the way time travel was portrayed in Prisoner of Azkaban. It’s this endless time loop where Harry and Hermione change absolutely nothing, they just gain a little bit of perspective.
By removing Hermione throwing that stone and Harry seeing “his father” at the lake you could make it look like it’s the classic way of time travel. It would make moments like the saving of Buckbeak more meaningful aswell because they actually achieve something.
Though you would have to find solutions to Harry and Hermione noticing the minister and Dumbledore coming (maybe add a footstep sound effect) and Harry getting saved at the lake.
I’ve read that Nicholas Hooper got inspired by Williams’ score but I can’t remember him reusing any of the old themes other than Hedwig’s theme and the quidditch music from PoA. Hooper’s scores are my favourite ones, so I’m glad that you put some of it into the other movies.
Here is a list of a few songs that would work in both of these and Half-Blood Prince
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgoyCH9XSlc (only first 30 seconds)
Here are a few suggestions foe OotP:
there are 2 subtle moments where you can see that Ginny still has a crush on Harry, maybe you can make them a little bit more obvious for example by music cues or zooming in
in the beginning you could make a transition shot where you go from happy Harry with his GoF Hair to a depressed Harry with OtP Hair (maybe even add a haircutting sound effect to make it seem as he changed his hair because of the traumatic events)
make the scenes with Grob darker to hide the bad CGI
when Harry is told that he has to go to court you can add a small moment where Harry get a flashback of the meeting for Karkaroff
add most of the deleted scenes except for the treylawne one
try to get rid of the “you are not like Voldemort” message of this movie, its cheesy as hell and was already featured in Chamber
HBP music for the love scenes
already include some of the Deathly Hallows Snape sequences when Harry gets into his mind
add Sorcerers Stone music for the last scene where they get to the train to make a little callback
the cloud effect you did at the beginning needs to be reworked a little bit