Sign In

your thoughts: Did Disney kill star wars because it sounds like they did with the last jedi solo and resistance. — Page 2

Author
Time

snooker said:

Kylo Ren murdered Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Snoke, and nearly took over the entire Galaxy in two films.

Don’t forget he also ruined what could have been a semi-decent Disney fan-fiction

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

The sequel threads are that-a-way…

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Star Wars has been dying a little bit each day since it came into my life…

Author
Time

I’m haunted by the films it should never have given me…

Author
Time

LordZerome1080 said:

Han does ALOT in ROTJ: he saves the day with Boba, he helps to get the crew into the Ewok village, he fought tooth and nail to get past the guards at the sheild generator, he placed the charges, he saved Leia from a trooper and he comforted Leia when she learned about her parents. Yeah that’s nothing.

By accident. By getting trapped. He got captured right away. Leia saved them both shooting the troopers. Yeah…

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DISNEY WARS FAN: Disney Wars is good.

DISNEY WARS NON-FAN: Disney Wars is bad.

DISNEY WARS FAN: Your opinion is teh suck!

DISNEY WARS NON-FAN: Your opinion is teh suck!

“Okay, I’m goin’, takin’ off. See ya… bye….” — Chip Douglas

“This concludes our broadcast day. Click.” — Chip Douglas

Author
Time

LexX said:

LordZerome1080 said:

Han does ALOT in ROTJ: he saves the day with Boba, he helps to get the crew into the Ewok village, he fought tooth and nail to get past the guards at the sheild generator, he placed the charges, he saved Leia from a trooper and he comforted Leia when she learned about her parents. Yeah that’s nothing.

By accident. By getting trapped. He got captured right away. Leia saved them both shooting the troopers. Yeah…

I concede this one but next time I might be right. 😉

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

snooker said:

Kylo Ren murdered Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Snoke, and nearly took over the entire Galaxy in two films.

Luke was indirect, I feel, but yeah, Kylo Ren is on a roll.

Back to the topic in question: no. Going back to Abrams for IX pretty much kills any anticipation I have for it, though. A nice clean slate setup from the end of TLJ will get dragged back kicking and screaming into Spreadsheet Wars territory again.

Sorry, had to get it out of my system.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

snooker said:

Kylo Ren murdered Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Snoke, and nearly took over the entire Galaxy in two films.

I’m pretty sure Luke won that battle, despite dying. Murdering Han wasn’t that impressive. Murdering Snoke was. And taking over the galaxy followed naturally, because Snoke had already taken it over. So really only one major accomplishment.

TV’s Frink said:

I would put this in my sig if I weren’t so lazy.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

snooker said:

Kylo Ren murdered Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Snoke, and nearly took over the entire Galaxy in two films.

I’m pretty sure Luke won that battle, despite dying. Murdering Han wasn’t that impressive. Murdering Snoke was. And taking over the galaxy followed naturally, because Snoke had already taken it over. So really only one major accomplishment.

The greatest accomplishment ever honestly. Even Palpatine needed years and years of planning to execute his take over. Kylo pulled it off within one perfectly executed attack on the capital, followed by a coup of his own faction. All in the span of a week.

The Clone Wars Cinematic Universe

Maul- Part of the CW Cinematic Universe (but old)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CHEWBAKAspelledwrong said:

I’m sure it took you more than a week to become the supreme leader’s right hand man.

Not really. Snoke just assumed he would be the next Vader. He encouraged Kylo’s turn so I imagine his rise to power was a walk in the park. Snoke never thought anyone would even think to betray him.

So while he did bid his time, I do think he could of done this whole change within a month if he had wanted.

The Clone Wars Cinematic Universe

Maul- Part of the CW Cinematic Universe (but old)

Author
Time

LordZerome1080 said:

Voss Caltrez said:

No.

The Force Awakens was a hit.
Rogue One was a hit.
The Last Jedi was a hit, but split fandom based on how the story played out. That’s understandable with an old franchise like this and an iconic character returns in a way that not everyone agrees with.

Solo lost money though.
Why?
Maybe one reason is that the public is getting tired of a Star Wars-related movie every year.
But I don’t think because of one spin-off didn’t do well and fandom split on TLJ that Disney killed Star Wars.
If anything, they revived it.
I’m not a big fan of the new trilogy, but they managed to bring some of the magic back to the franchise: characters that you actually like and care about, the funny/comedic moments, and more believable worlds that aren’t just green screens.

Kylo Ren alone is more interesting than any character of the prequels, and probably more interesting than the portrayals of our favorite group in Return of the Jedi.

No just no. Crylo Ruin is never going to be interesting. You need to rewatch ROTJ because the characters are interesting unlike the st where all original trilogy characters get ruined and all the magic gets stamped out.

I rewatched ROTJ, and yeah, they’re not anywhere near as interesting at they were in ANH and ESB.
The dialogue is clunky at times and Hamill and Fisher struggle with their delivery of it.
I understand that Luke is supposed to be a fully trained Jedi at this point, and confident in his abilities, not the same brash, impatient guy we saw in ESB.
But he just seemed like someone else entirely.
Leia gets told that, not only is Luke her brother, but the guy that murdered all her friends and family…is her father too.
“I know. Somehow I’ve always known.”

Kylo’s revelation to Rey about her parents was a much better scene. There’s nothing like that in ROTJ.

Author
Time

Voss Caltrez said:

LordZerome1080 said:

Voss Caltrez said:

No.

The Force Awakens was a hit.
Rogue One was a hit.
The Last Jedi was a hit, but split fandom based on how the story played out. That’s understandable with an old franchise like this and an iconic character returns in a way that not everyone agrees with.

Solo lost money though.
Why?
Maybe one reason is that the public is getting tired of a Star Wars-related movie every year.
But I don’t think because of one spin-off didn’t do well and fandom split on TLJ that Disney killed Star Wars.
If anything, they revived it.
I’m not a big fan of the new trilogy, but they managed to bring some of the magic back to the franchise: characters that you actually like and care about, the funny/comedic moments, and more believable worlds that aren’t just green screens.

Kylo Ren alone is more interesting than any character of the prequels, and probably more interesting than the portrayals of our favorite group in Return of the Jedi.

No just no. Crylo Ruin is never going to be interesting. You need to rewatch ROTJ because the characters are interesting unlike the st where all original trilogy characters get ruined and all the magic gets stamped out.

I rewatched ROTJ, and yeah, they’re not anywhere near as interesting at they were in ANH and ESB.
The dialogue is clunky at times and Hamill and Fisher struggle with their delivery of it.
I understand that Luke is supposed to be a fully trained Jedi at this point, and confident in his abilities, not the same brash, impatient guy we saw in ESB.
But he just seemed like someone else entirely.
Leia gets told that, not only is Luke her brother, but the guy that murdered all her friends and family…is her father too.
“I know. Somehow I’ve always known.”

Kylo’s revelation to Rey about her parents was a much better scene. There’s nothing like that in ROTJ.

Ding dong you’re extremely wrong!! All the OT characters will forever be better than Crylo.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

snooker said:

Why are you acting like this?

I’m just being honest, cause Crylo will never be as strong a character as even the lamest one from the OT

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

LordZerome1080 said:

snooker said:

Why are you acting like this?

I’m just being a baby.

FTFY

That’s fair and I apologise for being so.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

OutboundFlight said:

LordZerome1080 said:

snooker said:

Why are you acting like this?

I’m just being honest, cause Crylo will never be as strong a character as even the lamest one from the OT

Even Sy Snoodles?

Come now. She’s the best character in that trainwreck.

“Okay, I’m goin’, takin’ off. See ya… bye….” — Chip Douglas

“This concludes our broadcast day. Click.” — Chip Douglas

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

OutboundFlight said:

LordZerome1080 said:

snooker said:

Why are you acting like this?

I’m just being honest, cause Crylo will never be as strong a character as even the lamest one from the OT

Even Sy Snoodles?

Come now. She’s the best character in that trainwreck.

I did some research and I agree but I think Vader and Uncle Palps should also get some mentions.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

I thoroughly hate Darth Göring and Emperor Skeletor, so I won’t mention them.

“Okay, I’m goin’, takin’ off. See ya… bye….” — Chip Douglas

“This concludes our broadcast day. Click.” — Chip Douglas

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

I thoroughly hate Darth Göring and Emperor Skeletor, so I won’t mention them.

Tell me how you really feel.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.

Author
Time

LordZerome1080 said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

I thoroughly hate Darth Göring and Emperor Skeletor, so I won’t mention them.

Tell me how you really feel.

I really, really wanna fuck Daisy Ridley.

“Okay, I’m goin’, takin’ off. See ya… bye….” — Chip Douglas

“This concludes our broadcast day. Click.” — Chip Douglas

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

LordZerome1080 said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

I thoroughly hate Darth Göring and Emperor Skeletor, so I won’t mention them.

Tell me how you really feel.

I really, really wanna fuck Daisy Ridley.

Why such hate for my boys Vader and Sidious? Also me too on that one.

I can answer almost all questions anyone might have about the Sith from Star Wars Legends, and please do PM me for the bd25 DEED(Despecalised Editions), as I have this version, though I can’t answer technical questions about them. Do not go gentle into that good night, Though wise men at their end know dark is right, They
Do not go gentle into that good night.
“Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.” - SilverWook
Feel the love.