Sign In

[tv series] -> _the_clone_wars_ — Page 2

Author
Time
 (Edited)

If the Dialogue is as awful as it was in the movie and the comic book then i will not bother watching it even for free.

George is a Billionaire you figure he could at least hire somebody who can write.  I will not give them a pass simply because it is a childrens show.

Seems like they are trying to carry the show on the visuals alone and not even bother about the awful dialogue.

They can still do the stories and animation they want and not insult the intelligence of kids and adults everywhere with the talking scenes.

Sky Guy is so dumb and awful it is like a bad joke based on regurgitated bad jokes.

And the flirting is disgusting Ahsoka is not even 18 years old and akakin is married. If he went that route not only against the jedi code and cheating on his wife but also a pedophile.  But then again he is a mass murderer of children in revenge of the sith so i guess it sort of fits his character.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

don't let the dialogue bug u. it doesn't ruin the whole show. its all about the clones and the battles! wonder if the next season will be cgi or real actors.

Author
Time
 (Edited)
And the flirting is disgusting Ahsoka is not even 18 years old and akakin is married. If he went that route not only against the jedi code and cheating on his wife but also a pedophile. But then again he is a mass murderer of children in revenge of the sith so i guess it sort of fits his character.

I said "quasi-flirtatious." I've seen it in all men with teenaged daughters. The mentality is this: on some level, you are attracted to one another, but there's the factors of conventions, morals, and in some cases, incest-resistant brain mechanisms to take into account, so it usually won't allow anything intimate. You tease playfully just for fun, and to relieve some of the tension. It's sexual tension. Ahsoka (close enough to a human) is good for child rearing, Anakin's instincts recognize this, and he has no choice but to react to it in some way during their interactions. Human nature. Disturbing? Maybe.

 

But this is indeed a disturbing universe.

"Fuck you. All the star wars movies were excellent. none of them sucked. Also, revenge of the sith is the best."

- DarthZorgon (YouTube)

Author
Time
DarkFather said:
And the flirting is disgusting Ahsoka is not even 18 years old and akakin is married. If he went that route not only against the jedi code and cheating on his wife but also a pedophile. But then again he is a mass murderer of children in revenge of the sith so i guess it sort of fits his character.

I said "quasi-flirtatious." I've seen it in all men with teenaged daughters. The mentality is this: on some level, you are attracted to one another, but there's the factors of conventions, morals, and in some cases, incest-resistant brain mechanisms to take into account, so it usually won't allow anything intimate. You tease playfully just for fun, and to relieve some of the tension. It's sexual tension. Ahsoka (close enough to a human) is good for child rearing, Anakin's instincts recognize this, and he has no choice but to react to it in some way during their interactions. Human nature. Disturbing? Maybe.

 

But this is indeed a disturbing universe.

Oh come on.  He has no choice?  He has every choice.  He does not have to react the way he does (I haven't even watched the show yet, but now I'm afraid to).  I'm a married man with a son and I wouldn't dream of reacting like that to a teenage girl even if I worked with her and especially not if she was a subordinate.  It's simply asking for trouble.  A Jedi should be above that type of reaction, but we can plainly see that Anakin isn't.

 

F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time

Aside from the fact that the Jedi were deeply flawed and hypocritical by nature, Obi-Wan and Yoda the only seeming exceptions, attracted is not a choice.

"Fuck you. All the star wars movies were excellent. none of them sucked. Also, revenge of the sith is the best."

- DarthZorgon (YouTube)

Author
Time
rcb said:

don't let the dialogue bug u. it doesn't ruin the whole show. its all about the clones and the battles! wonder if the next season will be cgi or real actors.

the live tv show is completely separate.

 

as for the dialogue, she refers to him as 'master'...

 

maybe someone should actually watch it, before complaining..

 

later

-1

 

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time

In general i agree with DarkFather. Sexual attractiveness is not something evil to recognize in teenage girls simply because they haven't reached the age of "18" yet. It's also something which can be commented on without requiring lust for that person (as in a Father telling his daughter that she's very pretty).

That said, however, I haven't seen the show and can't comment on whether it is creepy or not.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Author
Time
 (Edited)
negative1 said:

 

maybe someone should actually watch it, before complaining..

 

later

-1

 

Well I DVR'd it and watched it this weekend, and it is made for kids under 8 years old, and I wonder about any of you guys here who are adults and actually like this thing?  Seriously, do you like Pokeman at your age?   The show is a kids show, and lets let the kids talk about it on the playground at lunch instead of on a message board for adults:)

 

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Chewy72 said:
negative1 said:

 

maybe someone should actually watch it, before complaining..

 

later

-1

 

Well I DVR'd it and watched it this weekend, and it is made for kids under 8 years old, and I wonder about any of you guys here who are adults and actually like this thing?  Seriously, do you like Pokeman at your age?   The show is a kids show, and lets let the kids talk about it on the playground at lunch instead of on a message board for adults:)

 

really,

 

do all your kids shows have people getting killed on them? is it enjoyable for them? death, destruction, dismemberment?

 

really? wow, you must be pretty indifferent to violence to allow that to be seen by children....

 

later

-1

 

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time
Chewy72 said:
negative1 said:

 

maybe someone should actually watch it, before complaining..

 

later

-1

 

Well I DVR'd it and watched it this weekend, and it is made for kids under 8 years old, and I wonder about any of you guys here who are adults and actually like this thing?  Seriously, do you like Pokeman at your age?   The show is a kids show, and lets let the kids talk about it on the playground at lunch instead of on a message board for adults:)

 there are adults who like pokemon. so i'm not surprised that there would be adults who would like star wars. i do.

 

 

Author
Time
Chewy72 said:
negative1 said:

 

maybe someone should actually watch it, before complaining..

 

later

-1

 

Well I DVR'd it and watched it this weekend, and it is made for kids under 8 years old, and I wonder about any of you guys here who are adults and actually like this thing?  Seriously, do you like Pokeman at your age?   The show is a kids show, and lets let the kids talk about it on the playground at lunch instead of on a message board for adults:)

 

Fart jokes galore....even my 13 and 8 year old made fun of just how completely lame and poorly done this was written. They do like the animation however...its just the dialog that they dislike...too fucking lame, even for a kids cartoon.

 

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time
negative1 said:

really,

 

do all your kids shows have people getting killed on them? is it enjoyable for them? death, destruction, dismemberment?

 

really? wow, you must be pretty indifferent to violence to allow that to be seen by children....

 

later

-1

 

I really think you need to re-read my post, because you totally misunderstood it.  I said that the show was made for kids, and I am cool with that.  But I find it sort of weird for any adult who actually enjoyed this show Friday night.  To each his own, but I still say that Lucas is now TARGETING kids, literally, and it is pretty sad that a bunch of adults are debating a kids show on a message board.  I will say it again, and hopefully you will understand, "Let the kiddies debate this show on their playground at elementary school:) 

 

Author
Time
Chewy72 said:
negative1 said:

really,

 

do all your kids shows have people getting killed on them? is it enjoyable for them? death, destruction, dismemberment?

 

really? wow, you must be pretty indifferent to violence to allow that to be seen by children....

 

later

-1

 

I really think you need to re-read my post, because you totally misunderstood it.  I said that the show was made for kids, and I am cool with that.  But I find it sort of weird for any adult who actually enjoyed this show Friday night.  To each his own, but I still say that Lucas is now TARGETING kids, literally, and it is pretty sad that a bunch of adults are debating a kids show on a message board.  I will say it again, and hopefully you will understand, "Let the kiddies debate this show on their playground at elementary school:) 

 

Clone Wars isn't just a kids show. It's probably going to be one of those animated series that has multiple demographic appeal like Avatar or the DC Animated Universe shows.

 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I watched it. . . Mostly anyway. My experience watching it in a nutshell.

I tuned in a little bit after the first few minutes. I hardly remember what happened in the beggining becuase, I was busy with other things. Anyways, I finished my work about the time Yoda and, the Clone Troopers were in the cave. I kind of got bored becuase, the scene was set up to be mostly about tension. "Will Yoda and, the Troopers survive? Will the droids gun them down?!? Wait and, see dear viewer!" That sort of thing. However, I (and, we all) know Yoda survives and, I didn't care much for the Troopers. All tension for me equaled gone. So, I got bored of watching what felt like a cutscene for a video game and, I turned on my X-box and, played Burnout 3 road rage mode. After taking down lots of cars I returned to watch the Clone Wars series. It was interesting watching Anakin and, his apprentice. I kind of wondered about Padme though. What her thoughts on Anakin's apprentice were that sort of thing. Is that covered in the movie or, did I miss a scene with Padme? Anyways, I liked seeing that Masked Jedi guy and, the saving of them by Anakin and, his apprentice.

All in all, I give the first two episodes 3.4/10. My enjoyment is greatly suffered by already seeing ROTS and, knowing that apprentice girl won't be refrenced at all... Until the Special Edition 5.0 High-Def, extra shiny picture of Vader on Blu-ray box set with exclusively rare "film" frames of the CGI scenes included comes out that is. That and, I think there was something about an ion cannon... I was about to give it a 4 but, any show that gets me bored enough to start doing something else doesn't deserve "almost average quality" in my mind. I don't know if I'll even watch the next episode. I totally would've been more interested in this show had it came out before ROTS though.

http://urlcut.com/scool

http://twister111.tumblr.com
Previous Signature preservation link

Author
Time

First episode: 7.1/10 <<<   Interesting story. The Sith and Yoda compete for alliance with a neutral moon, and Yoda shows Dooku and Ventress up.

Second episode: 7.0/10 <<< I liked the part where they shut down their ship and try to evade the Separatist vessel with the Ion cannon. And then it turns out they picked up a signal on them because the medical droid was still on. That was suspense VERY well executed.

"Fuck you. All the star wars movies were excellent. none of them sucked. Also, revenge of the sith is the best."

- DarthZorgon (YouTube)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I liked them both.

I thought the cave scene with Yoda and the Clones and the Plo Kloon episode where he does about the same thing goes out of its way to show that the Jedi really care about these Clones and aren't going to throw them around like battle droid pawns.  Thinking that these same Clones will eventually turn on their Jedi just because they are ordered to hurts a little.

The prequels, besides explaining too much about where some things came from, also in parts didn't explain enough.  We were forced to assume since Obi-Wan had cute names for a couple of the Clones that they were actually friends.  Now with these episodes and the movie we see that they worked together and respected each other greatly.  Also in the Plo Kloon episode, we got to see Palpatine personally contact Anakin after the Jedi left his office to give him some friendly advice, again something only casually mentioned in the movies.

I really think this series might actually do what is advertised and be an entertaining fill-in to the space between Episode II and III.  Should we have needed it?  No.  Is it welcome?  Yes.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress / Facebook / Twitter

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress / Twitter

Author
Time
 (Edited)

i like the fact that there are references to the original trilogy in there... at times... the characters action, the music, the pacing.. even certain lines.... theres a lot to discover if you pay attention....

later

-1

[no GOUT in CED?-> GOUT CED]

Author
Time
doubleofive said:

I liked them both.

I thought the cave scene with Yoda and the Clones and the Plo Kloon episode where he does about the same thing goes out of its way to show that the Jedi really care about these Clones and aren't going to throw them around like battle droid pawns.  Thinking that these same Clones will eventually turn on their Jedi just because they are ordered to hurts a little.

The prequels, besides explaining too much about where some things came from, also in parts didn't explain enough.  We were forced to assume since Obi-Wan had cute names for a couple of the Clones that they were actually friends.  Now with these episodes and the movie we see that they worked together and respected each other greatly.  Also in the Plo Kloon episode, we got to see Palpatine personally contact Anakin after the Jedi left his office to give him some friendly advice, again something only casually mentioned in the movies.

I really think this series might actually do what is advertised and be an entertaining fill-in to the space between Episode II and III.  Should we have needed it?  No.  Is it welcome?  Yes.

u should, if u haven't yet that is, read the novels and graphic novels. its just so hard to believe after the clones and the jedi have become such good friends, they turn on each other in the end. same with anakin and all the friends he makes.

 

Author
Time

I've enjoyed the first two episodes, for many of the same reasons already stated.

If only they would tone down the battle droid slapstick. They are more annoying now than they ever were in the prequels!

I've long presumed Order 66 is some sort of deep subconscious brainwashing thing ala "The Manchurian Candidate". The clones simply can't disobey it.

How the hell Order 66 was programmed into an Army bought and paid for by an alleged Jedi is anyone's guess. I don't think the Kaminoans would do it without asking a lot of questions, and Palpy can't possibly have met every clone personally...

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

The cloners were probably black-mailed or payed to keep their mouths shut. I'm sure the Order 66 subconscious implant took place in the facility while the clones were forming.

"Fuck you. All the star wars movies were excellent. none of them sucked. Also, revenge of the sith is the best."

- DarthZorgon (YouTube)

Author
Time
 (Edited)
DarkFather said:

Aside from the fact that the Jedi were deeply flawed and hypocritical by nature, Obi-Wan and Yoda the only seeming exceptions, attracted is not a choice.

Of course it is.  Or rather, ones reactions to that attraction are the choice.  I could be a sick disgusting pervert that's attracted to 8 year olds (I'm 33 btw and not attracted to 8 year olds, just using an example), but I don't have to react on that at all.  Similarly, Anakin does not have to react to his "attraction" to a 13 year old, especially when he's married.

I don't know where this idea comes from that the Jedi were flawed and hypocritical.  It's new as of the PT as far as I know.  The Jedi had their rules and traditions for 5000 years, then some snot nosed brat comes along and f's it all up, and they're suddenly flawed and hyprocritical?  No, more likely they just got stupid for constantly giving Anakin these "missions" to test him that he kept failing.  Anyone else would've stopped giving him shit to do and kicked him out of the order.

SilverWook said:

I've enjoyed the first two episodes, for many of the same reasons already stated.

If only they would tone down the battle droid slapstick. They are more annoying now than they ever were in the prequels!

I've long presumed Order 66 is some sort of deep subconscious brainwashing thing ala "The Manchurian Candidate". The clones simply can't disobey it.

How the hell Order 66 was programmed into an Army bought and paid for by an alleged Jedi is anyone's guess. I don't think the Kaminoans would do it without asking a lot of questions, and Palpy can't possibly have met every clone personally...

I believe this is stated in one of the novels.  The Order 66 was right there in the programming.  The Jedi just never bothered to actually read the entire programming.  Order 66 wasn't specifically tied to Jedi either I don't think.  It was tied to anyone that committed treason.  As soon as the Chancellor informed them that the Jedi had committed treason, that was really all they needed.

F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time
lordjedi said:
DarkFather said:

Aside from the fact that the Jedi were deeply flawed and hypocritical by nature, Obi-Wan and Yoda the only seeming exceptions, attracted is not a choice.

Of course it is.  Or rather, ones reactions to that attraction are the choice.  I could be a sick disgusting pervert that's attracted to 8 year olds (I'm 33 btw and not attracted to 8 year olds, just using an example), but I don't have to react on that at all.  Similarly, Anakin does not have to react to his "attraction" to a 13 year old, especially when he's married.

 

You disagree, then pretty much agree with me. Attraction isn't a choice. The sort of reactions are. Reactions, of some sort, are bound to happen because of tension that builds up.

I've explained how they do this without breaking conventions, creating guilt, and making unwise choices.

 

I don't know where this idea comes from that the Jedi were flawed and hypocritical.  It's new as of the PT as far as I know.  The Jedi had their rules and traditions for 5000 years, then some snot nosed brat comes along and f's it all up, and they're suddenly flawed and hyprocritical?  No, more likely they just got stupid for constantly giving Anakin these "missions" to test him that he kept failing.  Anyone else would've stopped giving him shit to do and kicked him out of the order.

 

Stupid = Flawed.

Putting on a front of peace-keepers, and then going to war = hypocrisy.

"Fuck you. All the star wars movies were excellent. none of them sucked. Also, revenge of the sith is the best."

- DarthZorgon (YouTube)

Author
Time

So i watched the movie and the first 2 episodes and they are all garbage as far as i am concerned.

Typical modern Lucas, wow look at the nice computer graphics we can do.  Asolutely without subtance just like Indiana Jones 4.  Things just get continually worse.  The star wars prequels were pretty crappy But Revenge of the Sith is worlds better than clone wars, and indiana jones IV.  Even with Harrison in that movie it is still awful.

Brings up the idea to me just how lucas would get episodes 7-9 wrong if there were made.  You would have the same actors and cgi and zero story and laughable script and dialogue.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Skyjedi, you just said less than a week ago that you wished episodes 7-9 were made.  Stick to one opinion.  Also, do you honestly hate Indy IV that much that you have to bring it into *every* post you make?

Sorry, it's just been bugging me.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time
bkev said:

 Also, do you honestly hate Indy IV that much that you have to bring it into *every* post you make?

 

Well, I cannot answer for sky, but had this question been asked of me, the answer would be "absolutely!" It really is just that bad of a movie that I feel the need to mention just how bad it is in my every post. Such a bad movie that everyday I feel the need to run out into the streets and SHOUT until my voice goes hoarse, "Holy friken cow, what a steaming turd was Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It is months old and I still smell its rancid stink as if it had just been laid!" Such a bad movie that I want to curse its name with every breath I take, least I forget how truly awful it was. Yes, bkev, it was that bad of a movie. It was bad. So bad.

Fortunately, I have a good deal of self restrain, obviously skyjedi lacks this incredible will power that I, and a few others like me possess. But in all honesty, who can fault sky for this? Not everyone can have the self restraint of a god, even I feel my restaint falter at times.

Man, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was such a bad movie... *shudders*

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape