As Hal is winding down his edit of TROS with the lovely Ascendent I have been thinking about adjustments I would make myself.
The goal of this edit would be to keep all of the improvements that HAL and company have made with TROS while also maintaining some of the smaller elements that were cut from his edit. This would essentially create a less drastic version of his edit.
Essentially, this edit would be identical to TROS:A with the following adjustments.
- Restore Palpatine’s cringy Prequel line from the beginning in Exogol and restore his transfer Spirit line to its original position in the film.
- Maintain the removal of Lightspeed Skipping but restore the conversation between Rey, Finn, and Poe in its entirety.
- Restore the “They fly now” joke. Sure it doesn’t really make sense, but it gets its chuckles and it didn’t bother me much.
- Maintain the Sith whispers when Rey pulls out the dagger on Endor (Kef Bir) yet restore the Goonies dagger alignment moment.
- Attempt to restore Palpatine’s line “Let your death be the final word in the story of Rebellion.” Or if I’m feeling really up to it take the line from the TV-Spots where he says “the story of Skywalker.”
- Restore Babu Fricks appearance at Exegol (It was cute)
- Replace the Tie Fighter that Kylo arrives in at Exegol with Vader’s Tie Advanced
I currently do not have the ability to make any edits, yet hopefully, when the new year comes around I will have the means to actually complete this film the way I see it in my head.
TPM ROTJ ESB TFA TLJ TROS ROTS ANH SOLO RO ATOC