Sign In

The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant (Released) — Page 285

Author
Time

szopman said:

Hal 9000 said:

Burbin has completed the English and Spanish language subtitles, with French to come soon.

So, I believe that only leaves DTS audio (incoming from ChainsawAsh) and cover artwork (forthcoming from Movies Remastered). Then I can release V1!

Could you send me them So I could start portuguese ones?

PM sent!

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

Burbin has completed the English and Spanish language subtitles, with French to come soon.

So, I believe that only leaves DTS audio (incoming from ChainsawAsh) and cover artwork (forthcoming from Movies Remastered). Then I can release V1!

Can you also send them to me? I could do Dutch subtitles if you like. I can also give German a go, I’m not fluent by any means but it’s pretty similar to Dutch.

Author
Time

By all means. Sending now.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I could make Italian subtitles.

EDIT: And Latin ones too. But I believe nobody would be that interested, lol

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE HEIR OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them around here, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time

PM sent

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

IlFanEditore said:

I could make Italian subtitles.

EDIT: And Latin ones too. But I believe nobody would be that interested, lol

Thats why i ll do PT ones only 😅

Author
Time

By all means, go for it!

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ChainsawAsh said:

dgraham414 said:

Maybe a stupid question, but what is DTS audio?

It’s a different audio codec, that’s all. AC3 (aka Dolby Digital) is owned by Dolby, and DTS is owned by…well, DTS.

Standard AC3 tracks max out at 640kbps, while standard DTS tracks can go up to approximately 1500kbps.

It’s a way of delivering higher-quality lossy audio while still saving on file size compared to lossless codecs like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.

Although I do standard DTS encoding because I simply don’t have the DTS-HD MA encoder suite; if I had that, I’d be making lossless encodes for Hal rather than the 1500kbps DTS encodes.

From everything I’ve read in many articles/forums on the web DTS-HD MA lossless isn’t superior at all to DTS lossy. There’s nothing gained with DTS-HD MA just stick with DTS and your fine.

Author
Time

I gotta imagine any system this thing would ever play on would not make any appreciable difference between the two.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Tonight I plan to give this edit it’s true test: watching it with the proverbial “someone’s mom.” It forces me to see it through virgin eyes. Now that there are subtitles we can.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Well, turns out not tonight.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

MMP said:

Papa’s_rod said:

Is this the final workprint? “Rey Nobody” version has any progress? i’m waiting for that version.

All the work put on this edit is incredible and i appreciate all the effort, but i really can’t enjoy the movie with that twist, that “twist” cheapens the whole trilogy for me and makes the whole Rian vs JJ tug war situation more glaring.

I can’t understand why so many of you have a problem with Rey being a Palpatine. For me, it’s the only possible explanation why she is so powerful. I like the character of Rey, but in Part 7 & 8 it always bothered me, that she was too strong and powerful. But when it became known that she’s a Palpatine, everything made sense to me.

Except it doesn’t explain why she has the knowledge of how to concentrate in using the Force as well as the knowledge of how to use specific Force abilities despite never being taught how to do or use any of them before. I know, I don’t want to set up an irrelevant flame war, but I’m just pointing something out.

This is what people meant by her being powerful and also untrained.

EDIT: Corrected some things.

Author
Time

TestingOutTheTest said:

MMP said:

Papa’s_rod said:

Is this the final workprint? “Rey Nobody” version has any progress? i’m waiting for that version.

All the work put on this edit is incredible and i appreciate all the effort, but i really can’t enjoy the movie with that twist, that “twist” cheapens the whole trilogy for me and makes the whole Rian vs JJ tug war situation more glaring.

I can’t understand why so many of you have a problem with Rey being a Palpatine. For me, it’s the only possible explanation why she is so powerful. I like the character of Rey, but in Part 7 & 8 it always bothered me, that she was too strong and powerful. But when it became known that she’s a Palpatine, everything made sense to me.

Except it doesn’t explain why she has the knowledge of how to concentrate to use the Force and also how to use specific Force abilities despite never being taught how to use them before. I know, I don’t want to set up an irrelevant flame war, but I’m just pointing something out.

This is what people meant by her being powerful and also untrained.

Honestly, I always figured it’s because her and Kylo are a dyad of the Force, meaning she’ll know how to do wwhatever Kylo knows how to do and vice versa. Therefore, even though they’re two seperate individuals, in the force they are one… as Palpatine put it.

Author
Time

moondear said:

TestingOutTheTest said:

MMP said:

Papa’s_rod said:

Is this the final workprint? “Rey Nobody” version has any progress? i’m waiting for that version.

All the work put on this edit is incredible and i appreciate all the effort, but i really can’t enjoy the movie with that twist, that “twist” cheapens the whole trilogy for me and makes the whole Rian vs JJ tug war situation more glaring.

I can’t understand why so many of you have a problem with Rey being a Palpatine. For me, it’s the only possible explanation why she is so powerful. I like the character of Rey, but in Part 7 & 8 it always bothered me, that she was too strong and powerful. But when it became known that she’s a Palpatine, everything made sense to me.

Except it doesn’t explain why she has the knowledge of how to concentrate to use the Force and also how to use specific Force abilities despite never being taught how to use them before. I know, I don’t want to set up an irrelevant flame war, but I’m just pointing something out.

This is what people meant by her being powerful and also untrained.

Honestly, I always figured it’s because her and Kylo are a dyad of the Force, meaning she’ll know how to do wwhatever Kylo knows how to do and vice versa. Therefore, even though they’re two seperate individuals, in the force they are one… as Palpatine put it.

Yeah this is what I think too. Like how in TFA Kylo mind probes Rey and then she does it back, or in TROS when she heals him and then he revives her.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Rey wasn’t using a mind probe, she used a mind trick. You know, the same ability Obi-Wan used on that stormtrooper.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TestingOutTheTest said:

Rey wasn’t using a mind probe, she used a mind trick. You know, the same ability Obi-Wan used on that stormtrooper.

I believe Brewster means that moment when Kylo tries to mind probe her but it backfires and its Rey who instead goes inside Kylo’s mind and reveals his inner fear.

Author
Time

poppasketti said:

I think if it’s required that she’s related to someone we know, Palpatine was the best choice. It’s supported by what we’d already seen, and her dark side connection at least gives her an internal struggle and retains the message of choosing your identity. I’m glad it didn’t end up being someone like Obi-Wan, because I think that would have landed with a big “So what?”

Otherwise, I think the Rey Nobody idea introduced in TLJ was a great twist, and makes force using more about worthiness and character than about bloodline. It also has that ratatouille thing of, “Not everyone can become a great cook, but a great cook can come from anywhere.” Ratatouille? anyone?

[Sigh.]

In the prequels Qui-Gon states to Shmi that they take children in the Republic to identify them for Force-sensitivity, and it is also explicitly stated that having a spouse and kids would get you expelled from the Jedi Order; from there, we can easily infer that most Jedi and Sith don’t come from special lineages.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TestingOutTheTest said:

[Sigh.]

In the prequels Qui-Gon states to Shmi that they take children in the Republic to identify them for Force-sensitivity, and it is also explicitly stated that having a spouse and kids would get you expelled from the Jedi Order; from there, we can easily infer that most Jedi and Sith don’t come from special lineages.

[Sigh.]

Most Jedi and Sith are not the PROTAGONISTS of the MAIN STORY like Luke and Anakin, that is the point of the “Rey Nobody” twist, and that is why most people expected her to be related to someone after TFA, because she was the protagonist.

Luke => Protagonist => Son of the main villain.

Anakin => Protagonist => Coinceived by the force

Both previous protagonist had an interesting origin

The point of the “Nobody twist” is that she CAN be the PROTAGONIST of the MAIN story being her own character and not being related to someone else and having a mundane background (“sold for drinking money”).

then TROS happened…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

That is irrelevant and not the point; people act as if it was some new concept (in the films alone) created by the writers of The Last Jedi, which is incorrect.

And the other thing wasn’t why people wanted Rey to be related to a Force-sensitive person; they thought her parents were going to be revealed as important people, but the complete opposite happened in The Last Jedi (which revealed that they were insignificant) and instead The Rise of Skywalker retconned it and revealed that they were important, saying that they hid Rey from Ochi and Palpatine.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

@Hal 9000 I have a suggestion for this edit: recolor Palpatine’s Force lightning in this film from light blue to purple, for consistency with Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. Thoughts?

Author
Time

You wanna do it? I wouldn’t be opposed to it at all, and would include it if it were done. That being said, it doesn’t seem super important.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.