Just wanted to lay out a few of the options I’ve heard floating around regarding Rey’s story in the movie, as well as share some bigger thoughts regarding Ascendent.
So, these are some of alternative reveal options I’ve heard so far:
- Rey Palpatine (Original)
- Rey Nobody, Palpatine saw her future and ordered to have her killed/taken.
- Not Palpatine’s biological grandchild, but created her through the dark side, like an anti-Chosen One.
- Rey Nobody, but she killed her parents. (Remove connection with Ochi).
- Rey Nobody, but Kylo killed her parents.
- Rey Nobody, and the main conflict deals with destiny and visions of her future.
I like option 3. Not Palpatine’s biological grandchild, but created her through the dark side.
As this mirrors the belief I have for what the “chosen ones” are initially for, created by Plagus/Palpatine for over many lifetimes to serve as a vessal for him to transfer his spirit essense when the times right. This also connects the previous movies using the same logic, Anakin, Rey & countless other “chosen ones” is how Plagus has been kept alive… “I Am ALL SITH!”
“We Are What They Grow Beyond” - Yoda
My Prefered Saga Viewing Preference:
Ep. III - Revenge of the Sith Special Edition (StankPac Edit) * Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (Hal 9000 Edit)
Ep. IV - A New Hope D+77 (OohTeeDee Edit) * Ep. V - Empire Strikes Back D+80 (OohTeeDee Edit)
Ep. VI - Return of The Jedi OTD83 (OohTeeDee Edit) * Ep. VII - The Force Awakens Restructured (Hal 9000 Edit)
Ep. VIII - The Last Jedi Legendary (Hal 9000 Edit) * Ep. IX - The Rise of Skywalker Ascendant (Hal 9000 Edit)
💡 Save confusion & express your comments with Markdown Emojis here 💡