Sign In

THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 2: THE MOVIE (V.1 RELEASED)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

THE MANDALORIAN – EPISODE 2: THE JEDI

There are several fan editors on this forum who are thinking about assembling the second season of The Mandalorian into a movie with a length similar to the Skywalker Saga movies.

The entire movie is color corrected. I tried to put together as many things as possible in a meticulous and professional way to get a coherent story of 2h31 minutes (introduction to post credits scene).

VIDEO QUALITY: 1080p
AUDIO CODEC: AAC

Episodes used:
2x01 - The Marshal
2x02 – The Passenger
2x03 – The Heiress
2x04 – The Siege
2x05 – The Jedi
2x06 – The Tragedy
2x07 – The Believer
2x08 – The Rescue

They are so many cuts that i won’t be listing them all. I prefer you to watch the movie and find out on your own so you don’t expect the changes and discover the movie as it is.

PM me if you want a link to see the V.1

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

Yes please!

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

PM sent!

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

Would love to get a link for this - thanks!!

Author
Time

PM sent

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

Count me intrigued. I’d love a link to check it out, I’ve considered the same but it seems daunting trying to strip away a lot of the ‘non-essential bits’ as they all kinda seemed a little bit necessary by the end.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

liambrazier said:

Count me intrigued. I’d love a link to check it out, I’ve considered the same but it seems daunting trying to strip away a lot of the ‘non-essential bits’ as they all kinda seemed a little bit necessary by the end.

Check your inbox! ^^

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

This was very well done!

More people should be checking this out.

Author
Time

Could someone describe the edit on few sentences? Whats cut, whats trimmed etc? 😉

Author
Time

szopman said:

Could someone describe the edit on few sentences? Whats cut, whats trimmed etc? 😉

On recollection, there’s no spider planet stuff. The Jedi episode is trimmed and reordered so it’s like a break to watch another show before Mando and Child comes back.

Nothing is hugely jarring, but IMO much could still be cut e.g. the first ep. but it’s tricky.

Author
Time

pm.

Filmic Crossroads, Daniel L. Isidore

Author
Time

PM sent

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

21C Peasant said:

This was very well done!

More people should be checking this out.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

liambrazier said:

szopman said:

Could someone describe the edit on few sentences? Whats cut, whats trimmed etc? 😉

On recollection, there’s no spider planet stuff. The Jedi episode is trimmed and reordered so it’s like a break to watch another show before Mando and Child comes back.

Nothing is hugely jarring, but IMO much could still be cut e.g. the first ep. but it’s tricky.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, could you tell me the few scenes or moments that could be deleted in a v.2? Thx

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

For members who would have a doubt about the quality of the editing or color correction, here is a preview just for you! mtfbwy

https://vimeo.com/501285128

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni

Author
Time

When you say color correction what is it based on? To look more natural? For me before I watched any episode from both seasons I re-encoded with Ripbot264 and raised the brightness drastically cause of the extreme darkness.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

stretch009 said:

When you say color correction what is it based on? To look more natural? For me before I watched any episode from both seasons I re-encoded with Ripbot264 and raised the brightness drastically cause of the extreme darkness.

I follow my instincts, I more or less made the blue-green tones disappear. And as you mentioned, the episodes look very dark in some scenes, so I added a little bit of brightness.

I always get worried about disrupting continuity. I seem to get blamed for that a lot.
Dave Filoni