Sign In

The Kenobi Movie Show — Page 23

Author
Time
 (Edited)

So a lot of people online have been pointing out that Obi-Wan’s binoculars doesn’t have a lens for him to actually look through.

I suppose those little rivets are supposed to be the lenses? This is hardly important, and it’s not like SW technology tends to make much sense, but I thought it was kinda funny.

(BTW, I have no idea who made this image, I just googled Obi-Wan teaser + binoculars and this showed up.)

Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Amazon link to my novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

theprequelsrule said:

Let us get back on track before the mods make us shall we?

This show looks like trash, sadly. As an earlier post noted…without the music it would be a really boring trailer. The inquisitor looks like something designed by a Gothic teen that thinks they are edgy.

But honestly, ever since they made Owen and Beru people known to Vader and Tatooine THE PLANET HE WAS BORN AND RASIED ON the whole Obiwan watching over Luke idea from SW77 is incredibly stupid.

I mean, originally Vader was not Luke’s father, Beru and Owen were actually Obi wan’s family etc.

The more Star Wars they make, the dumber it becomes.

They are exploiting us fans. Disney is an unbelievably vile corporation - one of the megacorps that would be featured in dystopian sci-fi movies. Yet people keep feeding this beast. I won’t.

As the kids say; end rant.

I agree it wasn’t really the most exciting trailer. I think the Inquisitors just shouldn’t have been included. We could have just followed both Obi-Wan and Vader separately without them ever intertwining in the plot. But we have to tension for tensions-sake.

Author
Time

WitchDR said:

theprequelsrule said:

Let us get back on track before the mods make us shall we?

This show looks like trash, sadly. As an earlier post noted…without the music it would be a really boring trailer. The inquisitor looks like something designed by a Gothic teen that thinks they are edgy.

But honestly, ever since they made Owen and Beru people known to Vader and Tatooine THE PLANET HE WAS BORN AND RASIED ON the whole Obiwan watching over Luke idea from SW77 is incredibly stupid.

I mean, originally Vader was not Luke’s father, Beru and Owen were actually Obi wan’s family etc.

The more Star Wars they make, the dumber it becomes.

They are exploiting us fans. Disney is an unbelievably vile corporation - one of the megacorps that would be featured in dystopian sci-fi movies. Yet people keep feeding this beast. I won’t.

As the kids say; end rant.

I agree it wasn’t really the most exciting trailer. I think the Inquisitors just shouldn’t have been included. We could have just followed both Obi-Wan and Vader separately without them ever intertwining in the plot. But we have to tension for tensions-sake.

That would have been an interesting idea…but only more ruination of Vader would have occurred.

“It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you.”
-Kreia, Jedi Master and Sith Lord

Author
Time

Also…is James Earl Jones still the voice of Vader?

“It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you.”
-Kreia, Jedi Master and Sith Lord

Author
Time
 (Edited)

theprequelsrule said:

Also…is James Earl Jones still the voice of Vader?

I don’t think it’s confirmed but I’d say it’s a safe bet. He voiced Vader in Rebels and Rogue One and while his voice sounds a little different, it’s still undeniably Vader and very intimidating.

If he’s chosen not to take the job, I think Scott Lawrence who has voiced Vader in multiple video game projects since Tie Fighter in 1994, and did a particularly fantastic job in Jedi Fallen Order, would be a great pick.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ZkinandBonez said:

(BTW, I have no idea who made this image, I just googled Obi-Wan teaser + binoculars and this showed up.)

It is already a meme

Rogue One is redundant. Just play the first mission of DARK FORCES.
The hallmark of a corrupt leader: Being surrounded by yes men.
‘The best visual effects in the world will not compensate for a story told badly.’ - V.E.S.
‘Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.’ - SilverWook

Author
Time

theprequelsrule said:

WitchDR said:

theprequelsrule said:

Let us get back on track before the mods make us shall we?

This show looks like trash, sadly. As an earlier post noted…without the music it would be a really boring trailer. The inquisitor looks like something designed by a Gothic teen that thinks they are edgy.

But honestly, ever since they made Owen and Beru people known to Vader and Tatooine THE PLANET HE WAS BORN AND RASIED ON the whole Obiwan watching over Luke idea from SW77 is incredibly stupid.

I mean, originally Vader was not Luke’s father, Beru and Owen were actually Obi wan’s family etc.

The more Star Wars they make, the dumber it becomes.

They are exploiting us fans. Disney is an unbelievably vile corporation - one of the megacorps that would be featured in dystopian sci-fi movies. Yet people keep feeding this beast. I won’t.

As the kids say; end rant.

I agree it wasn’t really the most exciting trailer. I think the Inquisitors just shouldn’t have been included. We could have just followed both Obi-Wan and Vader separately without them ever intertwining in the plot. But we have to tension for tensions-sake.

That would have been an interesting idea…but only more ruination of Vader would have occurred.

Vader should be very slim screen time. The show should just follow Obi-wan. Have scenes of him grieving, talking with qui-gon, ect. It doesn’t need to be action packed what so ever. Should have been a character piece.

Author
Time

It seems like those binoculars are from a deleted scene from AOTC where Obi-Wan spied on the Separatists in Geonosis.

Author
Time

The same ones are seen in Clone Wars.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

jedi_bendu said:

theprequelsrule said:

Also…is James Earl Jones still the voice of Vader?

I don’t think it’s confirmed but I’d say it’s a safe bet. He voiced Vader in Rebels and Rogue One and while his voice sounds a little different, it’s still undeniably Vader and very intimidating.

I wonder if they might redo the Rebels Ahsoka v Vader moment, when we hear both his voices. I think this was one of my favorite Rebels moments.

Damn, as Uncle Roger would say, I hope they “don’t f*** it up”…

« Sie sind das Essen… wir sind die Jäger! »

Author
Time

theprequelsrule said:

Let us get back on track before the mods make us shall we?

Best advice so far.

I mean, originally Vader was not Luke’s father, Beru and Owen were actually Obi wan’s family etc.

I’m truly sorry Lucas got away with making sure people forgot about that.

Back to the topic. Disney has really leaned into bringing the Prequels back into the franchise. Not being familiar with the Prequels, I’m not as clear on when I’m seeing a tie-in. I recognize a few though (I think) and I’ve had to make peace with them when watching Bad Batch, which I really like. Same with Mando, which I also really like. I’ve seen a few I’m sure of and I’ve accepted that it’s the price of admission for these shows. No doubt, Kenobi will be thick with them. Can’t say for sure I’ll watch it beyond an episode or two.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Listen, it don’t really matter to me, baby.
You believe what you want to believe.

Author
Time

MalaStrana#2 said:

I wonder if they might redo the Rebels Ahsoka v Vader moment, when we hear both his voices. I think this was one of my favorite Rebels moments.

I’m expecting this might happen in the Ahsoka series, what with Hayden Christensen being involved and all.

Most of the time I’m firmly on the side of certain beloved moments staying in animation and not getting live action adaptations for the sake of fan service… but this, I really would like to see.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

Honestly I don’t feel the least bit hyped about this show. Just plain indifferent.

Author
Time

fmalover said:

Honestly I don’t feel the least bit hyped about this show. Just plain indifferent.

That’s probably better than all the people hyped about it who might well be in for disappointment. I hope I eat my words once the series is over.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

Weird to see the thread started 5 years ago.

And also weird that yet another show is set on Tattooine.

6/9 movies have Tattooine.

3/3 tv series have Tattoine.

Interesting to see how there’s zero interest is in any of the sequel planets or organizations. The Prequels are a grey area with all the cartoons.

Author
Time

fmalover said:

Honestly I don’t feel the least bit hyped about this show. Just plain indifferent.

I feel the same. I was looking forward to the show, but the more I think about it the more I believe this will be an attempt to re-write history at the expense of the Original Trilogy again, like the Prequel films and other shows set in the PT times have.

The teaser trailer did nothing much for me. I hope the show does well because Ewan McGregor deserves better than what he had to work with in the Prequels, and did a good job in portraying Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Perhaps the full trailer will be better.

Explanations, analysis, and shortcomings of the Star Wars Ring Theory : Plinkett & HelloGreedo | The Emptiness of George Lucas’ Visual Symmetry

Author
Time

Just because you see Tatooine in the trailer, doesn’t mean there won’t be other planets visited.

You obviously don’t know your Star Wars lore, if you didn’t think Tatooine was going to play a major part in Obi-wan Kenobi. It’s where young Luke Skywalker lives.

That’s like having a Young Leia series, and not expecting it to be on Alderaan.

Yes, the planet has been heavily used, but Andor will be different, the Mandalorian season 3 will be different. I’m sure there will be many other planets to explore both theatrically and in future Star Wars series.

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

CarboniteSolo said:

You obviously don’t know your Star Wars lore, if you didn’t think Tatooine was going to play a major part in Obi-wan Kenobi. It’s where young Luke Skywalker lives.

It’s also where Obi-wan lives.

Lol, true that

Author
Time

Yeah, it’s easy to complain about Star Wars always going back to Tatooine, but given that it was the main setting of the first movie in the franchise, it makes sense that a lot of plotlines and characters revolve around it. And even then, it seems like the Obi-Wan show is trying to get off Tatooine as soon as possible, with Obi-Wan fleeing to Space Hong Kong to fight Inquisitors.

My preferred Skywalker Saga experience:
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Realistically, Kenobi could be set exclusively on Tatooine, and I’d have no issues if that was what they did. The problem is that they chose to set so much of Mando and BoBF on Tatooine, also. That was the mistake. People are getting Tatooine fatigue now, right when we’re getting a show where it actually makes sense to have Tatooine.

And Tatooine is supposed to be a backwater, anyway. It’s meant to be the boondocks of the galaxy. It’s important on a meta level, but not in-universe.