Sign In

Song Of The South - many projects, much info & discussion thread (Released) — Page 42

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Soupdrinker0 said:

monks19 said:

Soupdrinker0 said:

SmoothHat said:

Colson said:

SmoothHat said:

So nobody has the Song of the South 35mm 1080p Version anymore?

There’s a great copy on the spleen.

I can’t find it there! I’m logged in but i can’t find it!

Check the PM I sent you bud 😃

Hi. I’ll be interested to get a copy of this scan myself if anyone here has it. Don’t hesitate to PM me please.

Thanks

I didn’t PM him a link to a copy, I was told the person in charge of the scan didn’t want it shared & I always respect the wishes of those in charge when it comes to film scans. I figured he was most likely bullshitting about being a member and I asked a ? to get confirmation.

Is this the scan from the person who likes to charge money for that and Pinocchio, or a different person altogether (I know there are several)? That particular person loses their vote on the share-ability of the product, in my opinion, because they sell it for profit. And they often just collect the money and don’t send it. Better to share it far and wide to prevent him from ripping more people off.

My apologies and retraction if it’s about an honest scanner/sharer.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

towne32 said:

Soupdrinker0 said:

monks19 said:

Soupdrinker0 said:

SmoothHat said:

Colson said:

SmoothHat said:

So nobody has the Song of the South 35mm 1080p Version anymore?

There’s a great copy on the spleen.

I can’t find it there! I’m logged in but i can’t find it!

Check the PM I sent you bud 😃

Hi. I’ll be interested to get a copy of this scan myself if anyone here has it. Don’t hesitate to PM me please.

Thanks

I didn’t PM him a link to a copy, I was told the person in charge of the scan didn’t want it shared & I always respect the wishes of those in charge when it comes to film scans. I figured he was most likely bullshitting about being a member and I asked a ? to get confirmation.

Is this the scan from the person who likes to charge money for that and Pinocchio, or a different person altogether (I know there are several)? That particular person loses their vote on the share-ability of the product, in my opinion, because they sell it for profit. And they often just collect the money and don’t send it. Better to share it far and wide to prevent him from ripping more people off.

My apologies and retraction if it’s about an honest scanner/sharer.

Honestly, I don’t know. He did tell me he was trying to get people together to pay for a professional transfer from LD of Fantasia with Deems Taylor. He goes by the name Class316 if that helps.

Dr. M

Author
Time

towne32 said:

Is this the scan from the person who likes to charge money for that and Pinocchio, or a different person altogether (I know there are several)? That particular person loses their vote on the share-ability of the product, in my opinion, because they sell it for profit. And they often just collect the money and don’t send it. Better to share it far and wide to prevent him from ripping more people off.

My apologies and retraction if it’s about an honest scanner/sharer.

I’ve no idea if the one who got a hold of the print was trying to charge money for a copy of that & Pinoke or whether it’s someone else, all I was told is whoever had it scanned didn’t want it shared on trackers. This is the first I’ve heard about anyone charging for copies of them both, however if you are right & he does expect money in exchange for a copy when funding for the actual scanning has already been taken care of I gotta agree with you as selling them for profit is a douche move

Author
Time

Could someone PM me with the best copy of Song of the south? I cant find the ones that you are talking about.

Author
Time

Would someone mind PMing me this file?

Thanks in advance.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hey, I’m the guy who posted the 35mm Restorations onto Myspleen. I haven’t really used OriginalTrilogy until recently and thought I’d start posting updates here. I’m working on a new version using Manual dirt cleaning compared to the automatic dirt cleaning I did before, so far I’ve got the first 8 minutes done that I’ve posted here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gg15DO4jZr0S19xvF5WeDTITvNybC9I1/view?usp=sharing (Note: Nothing is final, please tell me any changes you want, if you find a piece of dirt and put a screenshot with the timecode on it)

If anybody wants to help with the manual dirt cleaning, or if anyone knows how to seperate Audio and Music in a mono audio track that would be great and send me a pic.

EDIT: Grammar Changes

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I have one question: what’s the color reference for the original 16mm scan and the newer 35mm? Technicolor prints?

Also, Notelu, this is not a criticism or anything similar, I was just wondering, are your versions transcodes of the original release of the 35mm scan, or are you using the source files like Towne32 did with Star Wars DeEd 2.7? Anyway, thanks for your time and dedication.

EDIT: NVM, I have seen in myspleen that you’re using the unrestored release as the source.

Author
Time

GZK8000 said:

I have one question: what’s the color reference for the original 16mm scan and the newer 35mm? Technicolor prints?

Also, Notelu, this is not a criticism or anything similar, I was just wondering, are your versions transcodes of the original release of the 35mm scan, or are you using the source files like Towne32 did with Star Wars DeEd 2.7? Anyway, thanks for your time and dedication.

EDIT: NVM, I have seen in myspleen that you’re using the unrestored release as the source.

Mine rn is only transcodes of the original released, however I’ve pm’d poita about his scans and if I can get a lossless or at least AVC encode

Author
Time

poita said:

Lil Brutto said:

There’s a guy selling a 35MM print on 35mmforum:

**Song of the South reel 4-IB tech. This seems long for a single reel of this film- may be part of reel 5 as well.

Against my better financial and mental judgement, I purchased this reel and am organising for it to be scanned.
Some preliminary images:
http://imgur.com/a/pvHHT

Hey Poita, I tried dm’ing you about this but you haven’t seen it, I was wondering if you could send me a lossless or AVC encode of this version, If you could that would be great. Thanks.

Author
Time

Please cut the images out of your quoted reply next time.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

No worries!

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

I’m looking for people to help me with the manual dirt clean up on the new version of my Song Of The South restoration, manual dirt clean up is a very time consuming process and any help would be great.

Author
Time

Notelu said:

SilverWook said:

Please cut the images out of your quoted reply next time.

Sorry, I’m new to OT.

I’ve downloaded your work. Always been fascinated with this film through hearing my family discuss it. Once had a family viewing party of the “go to” BBC version. This is certainly an upgrade and I am forever grateful.

Author
Time

Update: My computer has been on the fritz today. I have to factory reset it. Thankfully all of my stuff related to this project is on a separate drive. But still it’s going to take a little while to get back in a good flow. With summer coming up I should be able to get a lot done though (If I’m not lazy)

Author
Time

Notelu said:

Update: My computer has been on the fritz today. I have to factory reset it. Thankfully all of my stuff related to this project is on a separate drive. But still it’s going to take a little while to get back in a good flow. With summer coming up I should be able to get a lot done though (If I’m not lazy)

NVM got it working.

Author
Time

Has any progress been made on a v3 or atleast anything because i have v2 with the fixed eng audio and i must say that it looks amazing

Author
Time

Moiisty said:

Has any progress been made on a v3 or atleast anything because i have v2 with the fixed eng audio and i must say that it looks amazing

V3 of the SOTS restoration is currently in progress, it will be hand cleaned compared to the current version which is automatically cleaned.

Right Now ~12,000/134,985 frames are cleaned from the main 35mm source, then I need to correct at least ~1000 frames from the 16mm source. Then I need to color correct the footage and then sync the multiple dub audio tracks to the final video, and then master a Blu-Ray ISO for it. Expect it to come out Q3 2018.

Author
Time

Notelu said:

Moiisty said:

Has any progress been made on a v3 or atleast anything because i have v2 with the fixed eng audio and i must say that it looks amazing

V3 of the SOTS restoration is currently in progress, it will be hand cleaned compared to the current version which is automatically cleaned.

Right Now ~12,000/134,985 frames are cleaned from the main 35mm source, then I need to correct at least ~1000 frames from the 16mm source. Then I need to color correct the footage and then sync the multiple dub audio tracks to the final video, and then master a Blu-Ray ISO for it. Expect it to come out Q3 2018.

where will the iso be uploaded and whats the size? also how do u figure out the right color

Author
Time

where will the iso be uploaded and whats the size? also how do u figure out the right color

The ISO will be on Myspleen and Archive.org, It should be ~30gb. For the colors I use the BBC bootleg, Surviving Cels, and other misc sources.