Sign In

ronwlim's custom bluray cases/box set — Page 6

Author
Time

dude98ish said:

ronwlim said:

A few months ago I created a custom box set, cases and goodies for Harmy’s Despecialized Editions. I even made a set for Harmy.

Since I’ve also created other versions of the Bluray cases, I decided to make a new thread for just my designs. I’ll add more here as I design them. Future cases include Despecialized prequels and of course cases for the new trilogy.

NOTE: While I’m happy to provide download links for all my designs, please do not repost elsewhere without attribution. Also, these are meant to be FREE. Please do not create sets for sale using my designs.

Thank you!
Ron

Has anything changed sense you posted this??? 😦 no artwork is better than the ones you took down that were in harmys unboxing video and I want to use them. NOT SELL LIKE THOSE IDIOTS

There are no plans to repost these files. There’s a slim chance I do a future run of the entire set, sans discs. If I do, I will post here. Please do not PM me about this boxset.

best,
Ron

Author
Time

Anyone here have the criterion box set files? I only want the outside and inside cover. I have my own version of everything else. If you have the files can you PM me so the links aren’t posted publicly and people won’t use them to sell cases? Thanks!

Author
Time

imail724 said:

These look absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for your work.
Question for you or anyone else who may know: Has anyone tried to make somewhat of a guide on how to print the outer boxes for the set? Where to go, what to buy, etc. I assume I won’t be able to print these at home on my regular inkjet with regular paper, so what do I need?

Hey do you still have the original criterion designed files harmy received? I only want the cover and inside art, I have my own version of everything else. If you do please don’t post them, just PM me the files so people don’t use them to sell online

Author
Time

marcskywalker said:

Hey Ron! These are awesome. Just working on getting mine printed out.

The only problem I’m having is that I have the standard Bluray case that has the extra blue bar across the top (hopefully I’m explaining that in a way that makes sense). Wondering if you could send out the covers slightly adjusted for that size of slip cover…

Hey do you still have the files for the original criterion covers and the inside art? I have my own version of everything else and only want the cover and inside art. If you do can you PM me and not post to be so people don’t use the files to sell them? Tnx

Author
Time

jstrickland987 said:

Can you give the exact dimensions of the slipcases? I got them printed and assembled and they are not the correct size. I’m sure it has to do with the print settings on the PDF. I printed them at 100% of original size but it didn’t turn out right. If I have the measurements I can see that they are correct before I cut and assemble. Thanks.

Hey do you still have the files for the original criterion covers and the inside art? I have my own version of everything else. If you do can you PM me and not post to be so people don’t use the files to sell them? Thanks

Author
Time

Matt_Stevens said:

I am not finding the links for the actual Blu-Ray case art. What am I missing?

I am desperate for these…

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h323/msp1518/MGfw37T.jpg

EDIT: My bad. I found them. Feel stupid! Happy New Year.

Hey do you still have the files for the original criterion covers and the inside art? I have my own version of everything else and only want the cover and inside art. If you do can you PM me and not post to be so people don’t use the files to sell them? Tnx

I have asked several now hoping at least one has the files :p

Author
Time

dude98ish,

I’m afraid I don’t want the files shared. I hope the community will cooperate. There are plenty of other covers you can download… or design them yourself! It’s rewarding.

Best,
Ron

Author
Time

ronwlim said:

dude98ish,

I’m afraid I don’t want the files shared. I hope the community will cooperate. There are plenty of other covers you can download… or design them yourself! It’s rewarding.

Best,
Ron

😦 I’m crap at designing and especially have no clue where to even start for blu ray or criterion…what do I have to do to prove that I’m not a scamming selling scumbag?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

dude98ish said:

ronwlim said:

dude98ish,

I’m afraid I don’t want the files shared. I hope the community will cooperate. There are plenty of other covers you can download… or design them yourself! It’s rewarding.

Best,
Ron

😦 I’m crap at designing and especially have no clue where to even start for blu ray or criterion…what do I have to do to prove that I’m not a scamming selling scumbag?

You may find some very similar covers, discart, inserts, boxsets etc to what you are seeking in here mate, or maybe stumble upon others you also like too, or just give you some ideas or inspiration…

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/A-list-of-Box-Sets-3-in-1-Trilogy-covers-single-case-sets-some-useful-links/id/53673

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

oojason said:

dude98ish said:

ronwlim said:

dude98ish,

I’m afraid I don’t want the files shared. I hope the community will cooperate. There are plenty of other covers you can download… or design them yourself! It’s rewarding.

Best,
Ron

😦 I’m crap at designing and especially have no clue where to even start for blu ray or criterion…what do I have to do to prove that I’m not a scamming selling scumbag?

You may find some very similar covers, discart, inserts, boxsets etc to what you are seeking in here mate, or maybe stumble upon others you also like too, or just give you some ideas or inspiration…

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/A-list-of-Box-Sets-3-in-1-Trilogy-covers-single-case-sets-some-useful-links/id/53673

Trust me man I have looked and these are the absolute best option for sure

Author
Time

Guys, I just completed box set 2.0. Lookm for the new thread:
ronwlim Ultimate Star Wars boxset, 2.0!

Thanks!
Ron

Author
Time

ronwlim said:

Okay, my next set of OT covers. I’ll call this the Mondo series. I used the art by the guys at Mondo to create this set. Included at the link are disc labels using the Olly Moss art. THIS SERIES IS FOR STANDARD BLURAY CASES.

EDIT: LINKS REMOVED! Just grab the covers below.

Images

MondoStarWars

MondoEmpire

MondoJedi

Enjoy!

-Ron

can you send me the labels in a pm?

I love Ghost Dog 😃

Author
Time

Just right click them!
-Ron

ccfilms said:

ronwlim said:

Okay, my next set of OT covers. I’ll call this the Mondo series. I used the art by the guys at Mondo to create this set. Included at the link are disc labels using the Olly Moss art. THIS SERIES IS FOR STANDARD BLURAY CASES.

EDIT: LINKS REMOVED! Just grab the covers below.

Images

MondoStarWars

MondoEmpire

MondoJedi

Enjoy!

-Ron

can you send me the labels in a pm?

Author
Time

Hey, sorry if you already answered this but I was just interested in the outer box since I am putting together the rest on my own.

Are you willing to sell the custom box with artwork by itself?
If not, could you walk me through what material to use and how to print on it or if using glue with paper with the printed artwork would be better. Thanks.

Author
Time

ronwlim said:

EDIT: LINKS REMOVED! Sorry, but the pirates and bandits have ruined it for everyone. Due to unscrupulous individuals bootlegging and SELLING my design, I have decided to remove the links. I thought long and hard about this and it wasn’t an easy decision. Apologies for those who weren’t able to get the links before I removed them. I may someday do another run at a premium price. IF I do, I’ll post in this thread.

DO NOT PM ME. I WON’T PROVIDE YOU WITH THE FILES. YOUR PMs WILL GO UNANSWERED.

I’ve lingered here for a few years, joined a while ago, and this is my first post. I am doing so for two reasons. One to express how awesome your artwork is, and the fact that it was pirated AND sold is just disgraceful and disgusting. My sympathies for that.
Second, I finally am getting around to creating my own box set, and rather than use the art someone else provided I decided to make my own. Especially since this happened to your set and I would hate to use another case someone else made that may or may not be from said actual person posting it. But, that’s it. Your work is awesome, and it inspired me to get off my lazy arse and create my own. Cheers, mate!

Author
Time

lwcutter said:

I’ve lingered here for a few years, joined a while ago, and this is my first post. I am doing so for two reasons. One to express how awesome your artwork is, and the fact that it was pirated AND sold is just disgraceful and disgusting. My sympathies for that.
Second, I finally am getting around to creating my own box set, and rather than use the art someone else provided I decided to make my own. Especially since this happened to your set and I would hate to use another case someone else made that may or may not be from said actual person posting it. But, that’s it. Your work is awesome, and it inspired me to get off my lazy arse and create my own. Cheers, mate!

Thanks so much. Very kind of you to say. I will someday post the sleeves (but not the box).
-Ron

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Back after a break. While I’m not planning on releasing the art for my box sets, I did promise to upload the sleeve art. Here are the cases, interiors and disc art from my box set. I’m also including prequel and sequel covers.

Below are a preview of just the covers, but ALL the art can be found at this link:

Original Trilogy: https://imgur.com/a/PilL1
Prequels: https://imgur.com/a/ntu7j
Sequels: https://imgur.com/a/ikHpb

Images

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Also, expect an all-new series of Star Wars covers soon.

-Ron

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Just needed to express my admiration for your work. I managed to download your initial set and even went so far as to upgrade my printer to one that is able to handle the sizes required. It’s a shame that some people are unscrupulous enough to make a buck on the work of others and I only wish I had known about the 2.0 set before now. Anyway, thanks for your great work.

Author
Time

Thanks. In case you didn’t notice, I did update the original trilogy covers with different backs that are even closer to the original posters.

-Ron

Author
Time

ronwlim said:

Thanks. In case you didn’t notice, I did update the original trilogy covers with different backs that are even closer to the original posters.

-Ron

Cool, I’ll compare them when I get the time.

Author
Time

I noticed some inconsistencies with the prequel covers so I just updated my original post. Be sure to refer to that instead of the replies.

-Ron

Author
Time

ronwlim said:

I noticed some inconsistencies with the prequel covers so I just updated my original post. Be sure to refer to that instead of the replies.

-Ron

will do, thanks

Author
Time

ronwlim said:

I noticed some inconsistencies with the prequel covers so I just updated my original post. Be sure to refer to that instead of the replies.

-Ron

I noticed puppet Yoda on the phantom menace cover and was wondering if you based it off of a “Despecialized” sort of theatrical reconstruction of the phantom menace. Does a theatrical version exist, and I can I find it on the spleen or something?

(Previously Pickle2503)

Author
Time

Puppet Yoda is done for one of the reconstructions, forget who’s. The other two prequels have yet to be created, but we can dream.

-Ron

Author
Time

Here’s my latest set. The covers all use Mike Mitchell’s profile portraits. Unfortunately, it probably won’t be completed as a set, as he’s never done any portraits of the prequel characters.

I’ve posted the covers below, but interiors and disc art can be found at the link:

https://imgur.com/a/OSyWT

Images

Imgur

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Imgur
Imgur

ENJOY!

-Ron