Sign In

kk650's Regraded The Sound of Music (1965) (blanket yellow tint removed from blu-ray)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve just uploaded a new 3GB release of The Sound of Music (1965) to the same place as usual. All those interested in knowing where, send me a PM.

I love this film, its always been a big favourite with my family at this time of the year so I thought you all might appreciate this release as well. Merry Christmas!

Blu-ray 1:

Regraded 1:

Blu-ray 2:

Regraded 2:

Blu-ray 3:

Regraded 3:

Blu-ray 4:

Regraded 4:

Blu-ray 5:

Regraded 5:

Blu-ray 6:

Regraded 6:

Blu-ray 7:

Regraded 7:

Blu-ray 8:

Regraded 8:

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CourtlyHades296 said:

Thanks, but it’s only displaying 0 bytes downloaded.

My friend the_magicman uploaded this release for me and he asked me to pass along his apologies, he’s been having problems with his internet cutting in and out these last couple of days. Its now been resolved so he’s able to seed it again.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ve just uploaded The Sound of Music to Myspleen. The release is 23 GB and includes the DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 audio track from the blu-ray.

Also included is a Commentary Track with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, Charmian Carr, choreographer Dee Dee Wood & Johannes von Trapp (Maria von Trapp’s youngest child) as well as an Orchestral Track with Commentary by Director Robert Wise. Chapters timings from the blu-ray have also been included.

With this release I have gone ahead and removed the blanket yellow tint across the whole film to bring all the other colours back to life, in particular the blues.

Author
Time

kk650 said:

I’ve just uploaded The Sound of Music to Myspleen. The release is 23 GB and includes the DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 audio track from the blu-ray.

I’m crying (as a poor user without myspleen access) 😦 😃

The 4gb version is already so good I’m hoping for at least a 10gb version. Meanwhile, i’m seeding.

Thanks for the great work.

Author
Time

How do we download there’s no links?

Author
Time

Read the first post, you’ll know how!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello KK650.
I really love your regrades (though you’re making mostly contemporary films that don’t interest me).
I’m not sure if the King and I (which has a blanket blue tint) is something that would interest you. But thought to bring it to your attention.

Alt text
Alt text

Alt text
Alt text

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Wow. The reviews of SoM have been so flattering and I saw no one mentioning that obvious yellow tint.

What in the world were they thinking? Excellent work.

Was that scene by scene adjustment or just a simple adjustment applied to the whole film?

Dr. M

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Doctor M said:

Wow. The reviews of SoM have been so flattering and I saw no one mentioning that obvious yellow tint.

What in the world were they thinking? Excellent work.

Was that scene by scene adjustment or just a simple adjustment applied to the whole film?

Thanks!

It is a very nice looking blu-ray in terms of grain, overall detail and looking filmic so I can understand why the reviews were so positive, one thing i’ve noticed with blu-ray reviews though is that blanket tints often get overlooked, especially of older blu-ray releases like The Sound of Music. I’m so used to seeing and removing blanket tints that I can’t help but notice them when they’re there but the vast majority of reviewers don’t, especially if they’re subtle.

I used one setting for the whole film, to remove all the blanket yellow tint and correct the skin tones.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

titanic said:

Hello KK650.
I really love your regrades (though you’re making mostly contemporary films that don’t interest me).
I’m not sure if the King and I (which has a blanket blue tint) is something that would interest you. But thought to bring it to your attention.

Alt text
Alt text

Alt text
Alt text

Thanks titanic, I appreciate that.

Can I ask where the second screencaps you’ve posted for The King and I come from? They are close to how I would regrade this release myself.

Author
Time

Seems like a photoshop auto-color to me.

Author
Time

kk650 said:

titanic said:

Hello KK650.
I really love your regrades (though you’re making mostly contemporary films that don’t interest me).
I’m not sure if the King and I (which has a blanket blue tint) is something that would interest you. But thought to bring it to your attention.

Alt text
Alt text

Alt text
Alt text

Thanks titanic, I appreciate that.

Can I ask where the second screencaps you’ve posted for The King and I come from? They are close to how I would regrade this release myself.

I second titanic’s sentiment for The King and I, which is much more troublesome than The Sound of Music. Would love to see a regrade.

Author
Time

Beetking said:

Seems like a photoshop auto-color to me.

Yes, exactly!
It was a photoshop autocolor, just to give an idea of how wrong was the color!

Author
Time

titanic said:

Beetking said:

Seems like a photoshop auto-color to me.

Yes, exactly!
It was a photoshop autocolor, just to give an idea of how wrong was the color!

That’s crazy. You did good pointing out skin tone to KK. He’s all about accurate skin tones. Lol here’s hoping he does actually regrade this one.

Author
Time

I’m happy to report that I will be taking this on, just ordered the blu-ray from US amazon 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

kk650 said:

I’m happy to report that I will be taking this on, just ordered the blu-ray from US amazon 😃

Oh, thank you so much kk650!! 😃

Here’s another video that I found from hometheater forum, with comparison of previous HD master and bluray.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqy6g8g4zi98slk/KINGANDIcomparison.mp4?dl=0
or this with comparison with various previous releases
(1981 LD to 1991 LD to 1996 LD to 2006 HD to 2014 Blu):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dadxztao8jb387s/KINGlasercompare.mp4?dl=0