Sign In

Help Wanted: Preserving trailer shots not in the movies

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Every movie inevitably has shots, even whole scenes, get cut from it despite being shown in the trailers. However, aside from Rogue One, I haven’t seen anybody try to assemble a series of unused shots from a particular movie into one place. That’s why I’m creating this thread.

If anyone wants to post unused shots they found, compare & contrast alternate takes, or restore extended scenes using trailer footage, this is the place (unless a thread like this already exists, in which case please tell me so I can move there).

To kick things off, here’s an alternate take of the TROS crew in the Millennium Falcon, that I found split between two different trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxB8UrK9gIA&feature=youtu.be

You’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Am I making Carrie Fisher’s ghost proud?”
Well, are ya, punk?

Author
Time

There’s an unused foreground shot of the Wampa’s huge paw, as it approaches hanging Luke, in one of the EMPIRE trailers. It’s long enough to be of use for an extended edit.

I recently spent a week collecting all the STAR WARS ORIGINAL TRILOGY deleted scenes / outtakes & bloopers in one 2 + hours video compilation. Scouring my DVD and Blu-ray collection - as well as the Internet for the Rinzler Ebook material - and this place, was fun.

The quality isn’t very good due to the various sources and frame rates. I’ll burn it to disc and keep it as ‘bonus materials’, alongside my upscaled and colour graded 16:9 GOUT DVDs.

The two 40th Anniversary EMPIRE videos came in very handy. Thanks, DISNEY.

Author
Time

That sounds like a lovely watch 😋👍

Do still enjoy Deleted Magic, Building Empire, Returning To Jedi etc and now even more material available.

Author
Time

gary1 said:

That sounds like a lovely watch 😋👍

Do still enjoy Deleted Magic, Building Empire, Returning To Jedi etc and now even more material available.

So do I. All the above material was also used in my compilation video - as well as the edit droid JEDI outtakes.

I wanted to see everything in chronological order - and in one place.

Author
Time

Slavicuss said:

gary1 said:

That sounds like a lovely watch 😋👍

Do still enjoy Deleted Magic, Building Empire, Returning To Jedi etc and now even more material available.

So do I. All the above material was also used in my compilation video - as well as the edit droid JEDI outtakes.

I wanted to see everything in chronological order - and in one place.

I’d love to see all available bloopers in chronological order. Would it be possible to cut only bloopers and share those? 😃 Complete chronological bloopers without any added cantina music etc. are something I’ve wanted to do if I only had the time, skills and access to everything. Even the compilation videos as they are would be great, I’d say it shouldn’t be too hard to edit them.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

Isn’t there an alternate take of Obi Wan Kenobi in a Revenge of the Sith trailer, an outtake from Star Wars 77.

And there is also an alternate angle of Vader leaving his shuttle arriving at the death star in the revenge of the jedi teaser. Or Luke’s blue lightsaber from revenge of the jedi teaser, or that frame from the deleted sandstorm sequence.

Threepio taking the warning sign off the door about the Wampas is also in a trailer for Empire Strikes Back.

Author
Time

JadedSkywalker said:

Isn’t there an alternate take of Obi Wan Kenobi in a Revenge of the Sith trailer, an outtake from Star Wars 77.

And there is also an alternate angle of Vader leaving his shuttle arriving at the death star in the revenge of the jedi teaser. Or Luke’s blue lightsaber from revenge of the jedi teaser, or that frame from the deleted sandstorm sequence.

Threepio taking the warning sign off the door about the Wampas is also in a trailer for Empire Strikes Back.

…and much,much more…