Sign In

[fill in the blank] Just Died! — Page 78

Author
Time

‘Joachim Ronneberg: Norwegian who stopped Nazis’ nuclear plans dies’…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-45946014/joachim-ronneberg-norwegian-who-stopped-nazis-nuclear-plans-dies

&

https://inews.co.uk/news/joachim-ronneberg-nazi-nuclear-wepaons-sabotage-hero-dies/
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I love Green Bean Casserole. One of the best parts of Thanksgiving dinner. I read where her original recipe card is in the Inventors Hall Of Fame. A pretty impressive thing to come up with a meal idea that’s a staple on millions of tables on Thanksgiving.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

"Why are you here, Rey from nowhere?”

Author
Time

Just read it a few moments ago. A huge loss for me. I watch 2001 in its entirety two or three times a year and listen to full audio rips probably ten times a year. The soundtrack is nearly a weekly listen in my music world.

RIP, sir.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

"Why are you here, Rey from nowhere?”

Author
Time

Excelsior, Mr. Lee.

It goes without saying that if Stan had not been persuaded that a little movie called Star Wars would make for a great comic book, Marvel as we know it might not exist today.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Good night sweet prince: And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!

TRANSMODERNISM > POSTMODERNISM > MODERNISM > PREMODERNISM

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

It goes without saying that if Stan had not been persuaded that a little movie called Star Wars would make for a great comic book, Marvel as we know it might not exist today.

That’s a good thing?

TRANSMODERNISM > POSTMODERNISM > MODERNISM > PREMODERNISM

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DuracellEnergizer said:

SilverWook said:

It goes without saying that if Stan had not been persuaded that a little movie called Star Wars would make for a great comic book, Marvel as we know it might not exist today.

That’s a good thing?

Marvel was struggling a bit in the late ‘70’s. The industry was in a slump overall. Star Wars’ amazing success led to a ton of books being sold and not just SW. It’s no coincidence other Marvel books had swashbuckling space characters and spacefaring storylines around that time.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

SilverWook said:

It goes without saying that if Stan had not been persuaded that a little movie called Star Wars would make for a great comic book, Marvel as we know it might not exist today.

That’s a good thing?

Marvel was struggling a bit in the late ‘70’s. The industry was in a slump overall. Star Wars’ amazing success led to a ton of books being sold and not just SW. It’s no coincidence other Marvel books had swashbuckling space characters and spacefaring storylines around that time.

Yeah, I know all that. I was just making a cynical jab at modern Marvel.

TRANSMODERNISM > POSTMODERNISM > MODERNISM > PREMODERNISM

Author
Time

I will say a mourner’s Kaddish for him on Friday at my services.

Author
Time

RIP Douglas Rain & Stan Lee.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

‘Bernardo Bertolucci, Last Tango in Paris director (and The Last Emperor, Stealing Beauty, & The Conformist), dies aged 77’…

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/nov/26/bernardo-bertolucci-last-tango-in-paris-director-dies-aged-77

An obituary here - https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/nov/26/bernardo-bertolucci-obituary

 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

Harry Leslie Smith dead: ‘World’s oldest rebel’ dies aged 95 after long fight for the poor’…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/harry-leslie-smith-dead-worlds-13624746?clearcache=1

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/nov/28/harry-leslie-smith-dies-aged-95?
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

‘Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63’…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46476369


 

One of the best bands out of Manchester - and great for the punk era.
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

I find that answer vague and unconvincing. Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves?
Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

TCM Remembers 2018.
https://youtu.be/7ewT7_NrGwM
Every year there are actors whose passing I don’t find out about until I see them in this.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?