Sign In

Deepfake Tarkin & Leia swap (Rogue One) (up on youtube) — Page 2

Author
Time

That would be great to get a hand on those. Rogue one is still my favorite of the “new” Star Wars movies and I just want to keep perfecting it piece by piece. Lol.

Do NOT self-destruct!

Author
Time

So excited for deepfakes in rogue one!! Important work in my opinion.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

danieldubb said:

ThisIsCreation said:

does anyone have an edit of the full movie with the deep fakes added?

We are all workin on it lol. Maybe I’m a week or two.

So looking forward to seeing a proper Leia in Rogue One along with a better Tarkin, but THAT Leia, wow!
Hope to see a fandit about with just those deepfakes added and the rest of the film untouched. 😬🤞

“We Are What They Grow Beyond” - Yoda


My Prefered Saga Viewing Preference:
Ep. III - Revenge of the Sith Special Edition (StankPac Edit) * Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (Hal 9000 Edit)
Ep. IV - A New Hope D+77 (OohTeeDee Edit) * Ep. V - Empire Strikes Back D+80 (OohTeeDee Edit)
Ep. VI - Return of The Jedi OTD83 (OohTeeDee Edit) * Ep. VII - The Force Awakens Restructured (Hal 9000 Edit)
Ep. VIII - The Last Jedi Legendary (Hal 9000 Edit) * Ep. IX - The Rise of Skywalker Ascendant (Hal 9000 Edit)

💡 Save confusion & express your comments with Markdown Emojis here 💡

Author
Time

danieldubb said:

ThisIsCreation said:

does anyone have an edit of the full movie with the deep fakes added?

We are all workin on it lol. Maybe I’m a week or two.

Nice! How are you going with the edit?
I would love to see that!

Author
Time

Just a heads-up to anyone who wants to use my implementation of the deepfakes, I’ve encountered an issue with the clips I’ve rendered having slightly altered colors, giving the clips a slightly green tint. I have re-rendered all of them with different color settings.

Here’s a comparison of all the new clips vs. the previous ones:
https://vimeo.com/505010152
pw:fanedit

The clips are being reuploaded to the same place as before, on a new folder to avoid confusion.

Author
Time

anyone who is looking for these in a fan edit can check out Hal 9000 rogue one edit as he has updated with these deepfakes care of Burbin

Author
Time
 (Edited)

danieldubb said:

anyone who is looking for these in a fan edit can check out Hal 9000 rogue one edit as he has updated with these deepfakes care of Burbin

much gratitude, Tarkin and Leia look pretty much like they should now! Love this

Author
Time

Forgive me if this has already been done or is included in Burbin’s release but I can upscale these clips to 4K and clean them up even more if people want it (I’ll be doing it anyways for my own Rogue One edit lol). I’m only judging this off of the above vimeo link, just to be clear.

Author
Time

The previews I uploaded on vimeo are of a much lower quality than the rendered clips. If you’d like to improve the clips further I could send you the link to the full quality clips.

Author
Time

I’ll be very interested whenever someone integrates the Luke deepfake into mando! I will say just from the clip peasent provided, there are a few ideas to further edit/improve the look (although its very impressive already):

I think some subtle color correction on the face could go a long way.

Maybe something could be done opacity-wise to bring some of the stubble in the original back to luke’s jawline to bring some age.

After everything a slight layer of sharpening might help with the deepfakes “softening problem”.

The resting position of his lips are also uncanny when he speaks but I doubt anything can be done with that.

In fact maybe there could be an attempt to merge the original and deepfake like Tarkin, by overlaying them together (keeping the lower part of his face the same and using the deepfake on the nose up). Most people just have a problem with his eyes which the DF fixes but it cant do the lip sync like the original.

Just some thoughts lemme know what you guys think im obviously not a VFX artist.

This is the way.

Author
Time

I am super interested in this as well! I reached out to Shamook a while back and didn’t get a response (possibly just that they are busy or that it’s a pretty large YouTube channel now).

If someone successfully gets in touch or directs Shamook here we should maybe alert people here? I’m betting since these deepfakes started dropping on YouTube (and I agree, Shamook’s are often the highest quality) that they have gotten a deluge of emails and DMs from fan editors! Probably would be a help not to have a chunk of the forums here spamming them.

Author
Time

macesmajored said:

I am super interested in this as well! I reached out to Shamook a while back and didn’t get a response (possibly just that they are busy or that it’s a pretty large YouTube channel now).

If someone successfully gets in touch or directs Shamook here we should maybe alert people here? I’m betting since these deepfakes started dropping on YouTube (and I agree, Shamook’s are often the highest quality) that they have gotten a deluge of emails and DMs from fan editors! Probably would be a help not to have a chunk of the forums here spamming them.

a few people have tried to reach out, he never answered anyone to my knowledge