Sign In

Cassian Andor - Live-Action Series — Page 4

Author
Time

I really hope we get to see more of the SWU as it was with Solo; more of a fledgling Rebellion, crime syndicates, Enfys Nest, scouring for sources, the Imperial propaganda, and maybe some stories relating to the hutning down of the few remaining Jedi too. A lot of potential!

50 Cent is just an imposter

Author
Time

V.I.N.Cent said:

I really hope we get to see more of the SWU as it was with Solo; more of a fledgling Rebellion, crime syndicates, Enfys Nest…

Short of an anthology film dealing with her directly, it’s likely our only chance to ever see her again since the film did so poorly. To me, she was the best part of the film.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Listen, it don’t really matter to me, baby.
You believe what you want to believe.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

‘Star Wars’: Cassian Andor Disney+ Series Adds Two Actors’:-

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/star-wars-cassian-andor-disney-series-adds-two-actors-1291772
 

a couple of snippets from the above article:-

‘Genevieve O’Reilly and Denise Gough have joined the cast of Disney+’s untitled Rogue One: A Star Wars Story prequel spinoff series.’

‘THR has learned that Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One, is now showrunning the series, with Stephen Schiff exiting that post.’
 

Nice one on getting Genevieve O’Reilly back in to play Mon Mothma for this 😃

 

Edit: the above news is now up on the official site too, with an interesting snippet on the show’s timeline:-

https://www.starwars.com/news/new-casting-announced-for-cassian-andor-live-action-series
 

“Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One, will write, direct and serve as showrunner for the series, which takes place five years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

The Star Wars Trilogy; three timeless adventures that changed movie-making forever!’ - no longer available.
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

“En-“, like “in”side.
“-fys” like “fis”t.
Nest like a bird nest.

Author
Time

Releasing that pre-reshoot alternate cut of R1 would be a great way to promote the series.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

We’ll probably see it in 20 years.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

Diego Luna Confirms Cassian Andor ‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series Is Currently Filming in London
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/12/diego-luna-confirms-cassian-andor-rogue-one-prequel-series-is-currently-filming-in-london.html

“Diego Luna revealed the untitled Cassian Andor Rogue One prequel Disney+ series is currently filming.”

“The series will also bring back Alan Tudyk as K2-SO, and has added other familiar faces as well. Genevieve O’Reilly will be reprising her role as Mon Mothma in the series. In addition, a number of new faces will join the cast. Adria Arjona, Stellan Skarsgard, and Kyle Soller are also on board.”

Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Amazon link to my first novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

The Mandalorian has set the bar so high for the other Disney+ series. If this Cassian Andor series is on the same level, then the activities of a Rebel spy could be very interesting. I love Rogue One. I’m anticipating this show more than anything currently announced, even the Obi-Wan series.

Author
Time

ZkinandBonez said:

Diego Luna Confirms Cassian Andor ‘Rogue One’ Prequel Series Is Currently Filming in London
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/12/diego-luna-confirms-cassian-andor-rogue-one-prequel-series-is-currently-filming-in-london.html

“Diego Luna revealed the untitled Cassian Andor Rogue One prequel Disney+ series is currently filming.”

“The series will also bring back Alan Tudyk as K2-SO, and has added other familiar faces as well. Genevieve O’Reilly will be reprising her role as Mon Mothma in the series. In addition, a number of new faces will join the cast. Adria Arjona, Stellan Skarsgard, and Kyle Soller are also on board.”

Diego Luna was on Kimmel talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjApD1utCIk&t=2s

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Rodney-2187 said:

The Mandalorian has set the bar so high for the other Disney+ series. If this Cassian Andor series is on the same level, then the activities of a Rebel spy could be very interesting. I love Rogue One. I’m anticipating this show more than anything currently announced, even the Obi-Wan series.

Agreed. RO is my favourite of the new Disney era SW movies, and I love the idea of making a show during the height of the Empire’s reign and getting to see the Rebel alliance at its early stages. I loved Filoni’s Rebels, but I love the idea of a darker and more gritty live-action counter-piece. I also feel that all the talk of it being a RO “prequel” is mostly just to put it in context for the casual fans, so I trust that it will be more than just a Cassian Andor origin story (though I’m on board for that part as well), but also a deep dive into the grittier side of the Rebels Alliance.

I’m also really intrigued to read that Stellan Skarsgård is in it. I wonder if he’ll play a bad guy role similar to Werner Herzog in The Mandalorian.

Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Amazon link to my first novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Interesting how one of the things that they show in the sizzle reel (at 1:01) is basically just a wall of photos of what looks to be Inuits*, perhaps a Mongolian hut and a bunch of other places I have no idea where is. Either way I lie the idea of Andor going to all parts of the galaxy, not just to the industrial or rich planets as suggested by all the concept art of people in party clothing (which has a bit of a Canto Bight vibe to it BTW).

*I’m assuming this has something to do with the scene in the concept art at https://youtu.be/gSW-pARyP-M?t=96 where we see a woman wearing Inuit snow goggles.

Also fun to see Luke’s yellow jacket or one of the same design at least. Though it wouldn’t surprise me if this was some kind of obscure easter egg and be get to see who owned that jacket before Luke gets it in ANH.

They also seem to attach some kind of strap to a life-size figure of a dog at 1:10 which seems really odd for a SW trailer, but I’m guessing they’re planning on making some kind of practical alien effect by dressing up a dog.

I also think its kinda funny how everything RO-related sees to really commit to the weird mechanical eye thing that we saw on Benthic & Edrio, only now we get some kind of combination of Lobot and Boris from MIB3. Which I’m not knocking, I really like the freaky robot-eyes/masked designs like Plo-Koon, Zuckuss, etc.

Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Amazon link to my first novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

Yesterday was insane. I’m very excited to see everything that was announced, but Andor remains my most anticipated, even more than Rogue Squadron. That sizzle reel and concept art just added to my anticipation.

Author
Time

ZkinandBonez said:

They also seem to attach some kind of strap to a life-size figure of a dog at 1:10 which seems really odd for a SW trailer, but I’m guessing they’re planning on making some kind of practical alien effect by dressing up a dog.

It’s how they did the Corellian Hounds in SOLO:

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time

I wonder if they’re going to have characters from Rebels make cameo appearances.

I still can’t believe Draven isn’t Kallus.

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

I wonder if they’re going to have characters from Rebels make cameo appearances.

I still can’t believe Draven isn’t Kallus.

If Kallus ever shaved his mutton chops/beard thing, it would be a travesty.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

“Why does he get a live action series and I don’t?”

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

ZkinandBonez said:

This is the first time I’ve heard any suggestion of multiple seasons, so I guess this isn’t a limited series after all?

No, just Obi-wan Kenobi is a limited series for now.

Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

ZkinandBonez said:

This is the first time I’ve heard any suggestion of multiple seasons, so I guess this isn’t a limited series after all?

No, just Obi-wan Kenobi is a limited series for now.

I think Ahsoka was described as a limited series too, probably because it will merge with The Mandalorian and Rangers of the New Republic in a “climactic event.”