Sign In

You're Disney, what do you do with Star Wars?

Author
Time

This hypothetical is twofold:

  1. What would you do with Star Wars if you bought it in 2012?
  2. What would you do if you took over now in the present day?

I’ll start. For the first one, I would follow more of an Avengers model. You might not like the MCU but people would at least know how it works, and it’s pretty successful. In 2012 it would still be somewhat fresh.
There would be three movies building to two movies, all making use of the most popular expanded universe material.
First would be a Kyle Katarn movie, covering the events of Dark Forces and Jedi Knight 1, mixing them together. Kyle steals the death star plans! (Star Wars: Dark Forces).
Second would be a Mara Jade movie, covering her time as the Emperor’s Hand, what happened to the empire after the Battle of Endor and the death of the emperor, and Jade joining the fringe with Talon Karrde. (Star Wars: Emperor’s Hand).
Third would be an adaptation of Shadows of the Empire, recasting Luke and Leia with new actors. This would bring people back into contact with the original trilogy characters, but with the familiar prequel setting of Coruscant, and introduces the imperial palace. (Star Wars: Shadows of Coruscant).
The big two teamup movies are adaptations of the Thrawn trilogy books, with some of the Hand of Thrawn and other books mixed in. Thrawn is almost always successful until the end and he pushes the New Republic to its breaking point. After Luke recognizes that Jorus Cbaoth is insane and isn’t going to teach him what he needs, and that he can’t rely on old masters, he sets about restoring the Jedi himself. The first new Jedi are Luke, Leia, Kyle Katarn, and Mara Jade. (Star Wars: Heir to the Empire and Star Wars: The Last Command).

If I took over in the present day, I would cancel the slate of existing movies and tv shows and give it a rest. I would designate the new Disney canon with its own name (neo-canon? D-canon? hyper-canon? who knows) and make it possible for new works to be created in either Legends or the new canon. Then I would focus on new projects like Visions and actually make some series out of those pilot episodes. Do Visions 2, 3, however many, and use the fruit that comes out of it. There would be the two big canons, but at the same time, I would de-emphasize canon in general, and encourage projects that have nothing to do with the existing material, or overwrite it, or do something else unique, only canon unto itself.
The other focus would be video games, which historically carried Star Wars through low periods and produced some really great stories and games. Whatever setup they have now would be dissolved and original LucasArts would return as much as possible.
Then I would make an alternate universe movie where Anakin didn’t turn to the dark side, bring back Ewan, Hayden, and the rest of the prequel cast, and make 50 bajillion dollars.

Author
Time

If I bought it in 2012, I would pretty much go with Disney’s original plan for yearly movies, but executed much better. All three sequel movies would be written and directed by Rian Johnson: TLJ was a mess, but I think Rian could make something much better if it wasn’t sandwiched between two movies directed by his polar opposite. Rogue One would have script revisions to flesh out the characters more, and Solo would have Ron Howard directing it from the very beginning, accompanied by a December release with increased marketing. After Episode IX, the scrapped Boba Fett movie would be released, followed by the scrapped Kenobi trilogy.

I don’t really want to think about if I bought it right now: Star Wars, and Disney in general, has become a massive trash fire of low quality content that I don’t want to get involved with.

My preferred Skywalker Saga experience:
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX

Author
Time

If I bought it in 2012, I’d just have Rian Johnson direct the trilogy and release it over a slightly longer period (six years, not four). The in-between movies would be Rogue One heavily retooled, Solo with Lord/Miller the whole way through, and a Kenobi movie done by Gus Van Sant in the style of Gerry. I’d also release every cut of all the movies and make the Holiday Special canon. If there is TV involved, just make something pulpy and goofy with CW-level production values.

If I bought it now? I’d release every cut of every movie, cobble together extended cuts of the JJ movies to release/heavily re-edit them to remove Rey Palpatine (without telling JJ), and reboot the comics universe. There’d also be a complete cancellation of all future projects save for “Tales of the Jedi” and Andor. I’d mandate that Ahsoka dies in whatever media she appears in next, while Mandalorian gets retooled into something less universe-shrinking. Throw in a “Rey and Broomkid” animated series in the mix, and I’d be set.

Author
Time

I would have made a Force Awakens that was a helluva lot more in tone with The Last Jedi.
But what I would really do is digitize and dump.
Cut scenes, dailies, alternate takes, there would be a bonanza of behind the scenes stuff.
Would also clean up the Biggs scenes and add them back to A New Hope.
Make some regional theme parks where the movies are shown regularly on the big screen and have traveling themed exhibits of props and whatnot from the movies, admission would be affordable for average families.

Author
Time

This is a fun prompt. For around 2012 what I’d do is create a sequel trilogy with Lucas around as a story advisor, maybe use his treatments for the sequel trilogy. Obviously, he wouldn’t be the director, and if I had to choose one of the 3 directors from the sequel trilogy it’d likely be Johnson, but maybe we could get some other director to take a shot at those films, but I don’t know who I’d pick. However, there must be a consistent vision for what the trilogy is. No switching up the writers every film, and if we use more than one director, make sure they’re all on the same page for the type of films that are coming out. We don’t want what ended up happening with the Sequel Trilogy we got to happen, even though I love 2/3 of it.

Now if I was put in control this year I have more concrete plans. First I’d immediately contact Production I.G. and Kenji Kamiyama and ask if they’d like to expand their short The 9th Jedi into either an anime movie or a series. I’d also contact Geno Studio and Yuki Igarashi and order a Lop and Ocho series. Anything that’s been filmed almost ready to come out would come out, but everything else except for the Ahsoka, and High Republic shows would be canceled. While those shows are coming out put a hold on green lighting anything else and recenter the brand maybe have Start Wars Visions dictate what projects are next by greenlighting series for the most well-received shorts from Visions 1 and 2. Then I’d go and green light a show centered around the time of the sequel trilogy, maybe do what The Clone Wars did for the Prequels by fleshing out the conflict with the first order some more. Finally, I’d contact Rian Johnson, see if he’s still interested in that trilogy he was supposed to helm, and get him locked in for when he’s don’t with his Knives Out trilogy

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think Disney’s basic original plan was fine. They just botched the execution. If I was in charge in 2012, I’d probably try to pull off the same plan, i.e. Episodes 7, 8, and 9, with stand-alone stories in-between. (An episodic streaming series wasn’t really an option back in 2012.)

I’d definitely try to execute the Sequel Trilogy a lot better and with significantly more planning, along with longer periods between movie releases.

I’d also tweak the overall plot of the Sequels significantly. I think the actual Sequel Trilogy had precisely 3 interesting concepts, all of which were mostly squandered. These are: (1) a Storm Trooper main character, (2) a female Jedi main character from a junkyard planet, and (3) the Knights of Ren as some kind of cool new order of non-Sith Dark Side users led by Han/Leia’s son.

My ideal Sequel Trilogy would incorporate these concepts, and scrap mostly everything else. I’d replace Rey with her earlier incarnation named “Kira”, who had a much rougher, street-smart personality, which I think better fits someone who grew up on a junkyard planet. I’d also start off the first movie showing a “day in the life” of both Kira AND Finn, unlike the actual Episode 7 which only showed us Rey’s daily routine. I would want to see Finn going through a day in his life as a Stormtrooper, eating in the mess hall of a Star Destroyer, going to his quarters, etc.

In terms of the larger story, there would be no attempt to “soft reboot” Episode IV, i.e. no political reset back to the Rebels vs. Empire status quo of A New Hope. The story would take place approx. 30 years after ROTJ, like in the real Sequel Trilogy, but the Galaxy would be divided between a dominant New Republic and various Imperial factions, like in the old EU. I’d use the original Thrawn trilogy as a general plot template, but change many details to incorporate the new characters. The basic outline would be Thrawn going from an underdog fighting the New Republic in Episode 7, then shifting the balance of power by the end of Episode 8 (maybe by acquiring something like the Katana fleet), and finally have Episode 9 revolve around the New Republic’s attempt to retake Coruscant. Kira would train with Luke to become a Jedi, Kylo and the Knights of Ren would replace the role of Joorus C’boath, and Finn would have a much more prominent arc, culminating in some incarnation of the Stormtrooper rebellion idea from the Duel of the Fates script. Han would die in Episode 8, but I’d keep Luke alive and end Episode 9 with Leia becoming Chancellor of the New Republic.*

* Since it’s all hypothetical, I’ll just assume Carrie Fisher is still with us in this alternate reality. And now I’m sad…

Author
Time

In 2012 I would have done much the same. I would have picked different people. The issues I have related to JJ Abrams and the silly pair they hired for Solo. I would have put the Kenobi movie higher and it would have been set solely on Tatooine. No Vader. I would not have demanded that they pull Clone Wars form Cartoon Network. I do like that they relegated all the EU to Legends. I would have done much the same, but I would have kept some of it. I would have hinted that some of it still happens. I would have kept Mara Jade and the 3 Skywalker kids. The one thing I don’t like about the films is that there is only one Skywalker grandchild and he dies. I would have found a way to bring Palpatine back for the epic climax, but it needed some foreshadowing.

If I were to take it over now… the mistakes have been made and I wouldn’t change much. Solo 2 would be immediately greenlit. Smaller budget. I’d film it more like the OT. A few Exotic locations and fewer digital backgrounds. More practical FX. I’d want to concentrate on story and characters. Less is more in many ways. I would be planning more movies, but I’d space them out. Back to every 2 to 3 years. I do like the short series format. Given where tech is taking us, I’d consider maybe brining some of the favorite EU stories over in that format. Like the Thrawn trilogy. It wouldn’t be quite the same because it would need to fit. It would be like Strange New Worlds - follow the original story but with noticeable changes.

Author
Time

If I bought it, Expanded Universe is never screwed over, new movies are made but are made in mind of the expanded universe. The theatrical cuts of the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy are respectfully restored and released. Another change though would be that James Luciano and Timmothy Zahn would be given creative control.

I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

Star Wars has 3 eras:The eras are 1977-1983(pre Expanded Universe), (1983-2014) expanded universe or (2014- now) Disney bought version. Each are valid.

Important voice tool:
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1472151/action/topic#1472151

Author
Time
 (Edited)

If I was starting from 2012, I’d still introduce a new canon, but I’d also get some of the most well liked old EU authors to write revised editions of their novels that would be tweaked to fit in the new canon. Most importantly, I’d get Timothy Zahn to do a new edition of the Thrawn trilogy. Then, I’d produce a sequel trilogy, keeping the 30-year time gap but releasing the episodes 3 years apart rather than 2 years. After the sequel trilogy is wrapped up, I’d switch to doing anthology films every 2 years or so. Then, about 10 years after Episode IX’s release, I’d produce a film that would be the start of a new saga set in either the Old Republic era or in the far future.

My anthology films would be: a revised Rogue One that would be more of a spy movie, a lighthearted Lando heist movie, a Boba Fett vs. Din Djarin bounty hunting movie, and a small-scale Obi-Wan movie set on Tatooine.

If I took over now, I’d just introduce the idea of alternate timelines and discard the idea of a single, unified canon. Then I’d do a new trilogy that was set far enough in the future where it could be set in any timeline (like how Breath of the Wild fits in the Zelda timeline).

But we can’t turn back. Fear is their greatest defense. I doubt if the actual security there is any greater than it was on Aquilae or Sullust. And what there is is most likely directed towards a large-scale assault.

Author
Time

Now that I’m thinking about a 2012 start, I’d make the ST take place 100 years after ROTJ. The big three of the OT can appear in flashbacks/ghost form for Luke, but Chewie/R2/3PO would be the only living returning characters. Setting a story 100 years later would give enough room to not feel like it messes too much with the OT. The Legends EU could remain largely untouched, aside from some obvious deletions (the Vong, Abeloth, The Force Unleashed series, etc.).

Another 2012 start element would be (aside from the theatrical cut restorations) to port as many of the classic Lucasarts Star Wars games to modern systems/PC - beyond what’s on Steam/GOG or Xbox backwards compatibility. Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike would be the biggest priority, even if they get limited to just the Switch (IDK how Nintendo’s exclusivity policy works). There’d obviously be no EA exclusivity deal, because EA is just terrible. Petroglyph would be making Empire at War II or maybe even Republic at War.

A new series of special editions, presented as additions to the theatrical cuts/earlier SE’s (like Blade Runner), would also appear. They’d mostly just clean up the OT to better-implement changes George wanted (Anakin ghost, Emperor conversation, Boba voice, etc.), remove overzealous stuff (Rontos, Greedo shooting, Sarlacc beak, etc.), and restore some useful stuff (Tagge calling Vader a sith, Leia saying “ok hotshot,” etc.). PT changes would simply be smoothing over some rough FX and restoring deleted scenes. Maybe the alleged four-hour ROTS would debut as a Disney+ promotion?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

if I bought SW, either in 2012 or today, first thing I’d do is give the OOT (and maybe the 97SE) a proper remastering/re-release. Then I’d cancel all copyrights and release everything Star Wars into the public domain.

90% blue, 10% pink.

Author
Time

Superweapon VII said:

if I bought SW, either in 2012 or today, first thing I’d do is give the OOT (and maybe the 97SE) a proper remastering/re-release. Then I’d cancel all copyrights and release everything Star Wars into the public domain.

Congrats you unlocked the good ending

I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.

Star Wars has 3 eras:The eras are 1977-1983(pre Expanded Universe), (1983-2014) expanded universe or (2014- now) Disney bought version. Each are valid.

Important voice tool:
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/1472151/action/topic#1472151

Author
Time
 (Edited)

2012: I’d do the same that the OP is suggesting. There is a galaxy of EU out there and some very beloved characters. I’d start with Mara Jade and Thrawn stories. Those novels kept Star Wars alive during the dark years. Those were very popular characters and well written stories. I’ve read them a few times each.

We don’t ever need to visit the Skywalkers, Han, or Tatooine ever again. Enough with The Solar System Far Far Away. Also, I’d release the originals in their theatrical versions. Those are the films that made ALL of this possible. They deserve top notch treatment. As far as there being some sort of agreement that Disney honors Lucas’s thoughts; If I give someone 4 billion dollars - they no longer dictate terms. Take your money and go away.

2022: I’d drop all the films and focus on TV series, also drawn from the EU. Same novels, same reasons. For sure I’d keep the Visions series. That’s one of the jewels of Disney/Star Wars.

edit

All that said; I just started a full second viewing of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Shut up. 😉

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Listen, it don’t really matter to me, baby.
You believe what you want to believe.

Author
Time
  • Create a ‘Head of Star Wars’ position at Lucasfilm to oversee all creative decisions
  • Release a remastered version of the original untouched trilogy in 4K
  • Re-instate the EU (putting an end to the ‘everything is canon’ nonsense)
  • Greenlight an Old Republic theatrical movie trilogy
  • LISTEN TO THE FANS
Author
Time
 (Edited)

What would I have done if I had bought Star Wars in 2012? Well, to understand it, you first need to understand how the Canon of the time was structured. Before the decanonization of the EU there was a very precise Canon hierarchical system in place, which included five levels:

  • G Canon: The Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy
  • T Canon: The Clone Wars (2008)
  • C Canon: The majority of the EU
  • S Canon: The stories written in the 70s and 80s, before the Thrawn Trilogy
  • N Canon: The non-Canon stories, such as the Infinities comics, the satirical stuff, etc.

Anyone can see that this hierarchical system is very complicated, and that many people can get confused. So, if I had bought Star Wars in 2012 I would have kept the EU as Canon, but at the same time simplifying the hierarchical system by eliminating the S Canon and the T Canon tiers.

The stories that were part of the S Canon tier contradict the post-Thrawn Trilogy EU, so they were not considered entirely Canon, but only partially Canon. That is, the parts of those stories that didnt contradict the post-Thrawn Trilogy EU were considered Canon, while the parts that did contradict it weren’t taken into account. Now, since the S Canon stories were never considered entirely Canon to begin with, then keeping the S Canon tier is completely useless. So, if I had bought Star Wars in 2012 I would have simplifyed the Canon hierarchy by completely erasing the S Canon tier, and moving all the stories that were part of that tier into the N Canon (non-Canon) tier. Furthermore, I would have allowed TCW to have a satisfying ending to make the fans of the series happy. However, since TCW contradicts much of the pre-2008 established EU, then I would have eliminated the T Canon tier from the hierarchy, moving TCW and related media into the N Canon tier, thus allowing the Clone Wars Multimedia Project to retake its original place between AOTC and ROTS.

By doing all this, the Canon hierarchy would be much simpler, since it would only include the G Canon (the films), the C Canon (the EU) and the N Canon (the non-Canon stuff), and there would be much less confusion among the fans.

But my plans don’t end here. If I had bought Star Wars in 2012 I would not only have simplified the Canon hierarchy, but I would also have decanonized some works that before 2012 were considered part of the official Expanded Universe (that is, of the C Canon). Specifically, I would have moved the Dark Empire Trilogy, the Crimson Empire Trilogy, The Force Unleashed II, and the post-NJO novels from the C Canon to the N Canon. They are, in my opinion, works that doesn’t deserve to be part of the official continuity.

So, after fixing and simplifying the Canon hierarchy and decanonizing the stories that never deserved to be Canon in the first place, I would have started designing a film trilogy set during the Old Republic Era. However, to make sure that there are no continuity errors between the new trilogy and the KOTOR/SWTOR stuff, I would have made sure that the new trilogy followed secondary and marginal characters, characters that are involved in the galactic wars of the past, but at the same time aren’t related to the main characters of that Era (like Revan, Bastila, Vitiate, Malgus, etc). I mean, the galactic wars against the Sith were galactic conflicts, indeed, and the Galaxy is huge, so we wouldn’t have had any problem in creating a good Old Republic Trilogy without contradicting the already established stuff. And, of course, in addition to the Old Republic Trilogy, I would also have allowed the EU to continue to expand, allowing authors to write new stories set across all the Eras, and most importantly, making sure that the post-NJO period is completely rewritten, without other Skywalkers falling to the Dark Side, without the return of the Sith, but with new enemies and original conflicts. I mean, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious were the last of the Sith. The authors would have had to adapt to this reality and invent new, non-Sith enemies after the NJO, instead of retake an already extinct threat.

Finally, I would have placed Leland Chee and Howard Roffman in charge of Lucasfilm, to make sure that everything remained as consistent as possible and that the universe and individual works had as few contradictions as possible.

However, if I bought Star Wars today then I would apply a double Canon system. That is, the New Canon would continue to exist and I would allow it to continue to expand according to the already existing projects, but at the same time I would also continue to expand the Old Canon (Legends), applying to it what I have just listed for my 2012 plans.

«This is where the fun begins!»
(Anakin Skywalker)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Superweapon VII said:

KaneStarkiller said:

  • LISTEN TO THE FANS

Quoth the Stan Lee, “Never give the fans what they think they want.”

Indeed. The writer of Animorphs, Katherine Applegate, had a good answer to fan inquiries about the ending of the books.

War sucks. People die. I’m not going to write a happy ending. Deal with it.

Fans might want a happy ending, but the creator doesn’t always want the same. Fan-creator relationships can be fascinating, in the parasocial sense.

Author
Time

BedeHistory731 said:

Superweapon VII said:

KaneStarkiller said:

  • LISTEN TO THE FANS

Quoth the Stan Lee, “Never give the fans what they think they want.”

Indeed. The writer of Animorphs, Katherine Applegate, had a good answer to fan inquiries about the ending of the books.

War sucks. People die. I’m not going to write a happy ending. Deal with it.

Fans might want a happy ending, but the creator doesn’t always want the same. Fan-creator relationships can be fascinating, in the parasocial sense.

You can still have an unhappy ending that is satisfying. That’s the main issue. The example I use is what if, during Empire Strikes Back, a common rebel killed Vader in battle with a lucky shot, or a stormtrooper killed Luke with a lucky shot? Sure, that would be realistic. It can technically happen according to the rules of the world. It subverts expectations and people won’t see it coming. War is hell and respects no one. But that wouldn’t make a better story.

Author
Time

Darth Malgus said:

What would I have done if I had bought Star Wars in 2012? Well, to understand it, you first need to understand how the Canon of the time was structured. Before the decanonization of the EU there was a very precise Canon hierarchical system in place, which included five levels:

  • G Canon: The Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy
  • T Canon: The Clone Wars (2008)
  • C Canon: The majority of the EU
  • S Canon: The stories written in the 70s and 80s, before the Thrawn Trilogy
  • N Canon: The non-Canon stories, such as the Infinities comics, the satirical stuff, etc.

Anyone can see that this hierarchical system is very complicated, and that many people can get confused. So, if I had bought Star Wars in 2012 I would have kept the EU as Canon, but at the same time simplifying the hierarchical system by eliminating the S Canon and the T Canon tiers.

The stories that were part of the S Canon tier contradict the post-Thrawn Trilogy EU, so they were not considered entirely Canon, but only partially Canon. That is, the parts of those stories that didnt contradict the post-Thrawn Trilogy EU were considered Canon, while the parts that did contradict it weren’t taken into account. Now, since the S Canon stories were never considered entirely Canon to begin with, then keeping the S Canon tier is completely useless. So, if I had bought Star Wars in 2012 I would have simplifyed the Canon hierarchy by completely erasing the S Canon tier, and moving all the stories that were part of that tier into the N Canon (non-Canon) tier. Furthermore, I would have allowed TCW to have a satisfying ending to make the fans of the series happy. However, since TCW contradicts much of the pre-2008 established EU, then I would have eliminated the T Canon tier from the hierarchy, moving TCW and related media into the N Canon tier, thus allowing the Clone Wars Multimedia Project to retake its original place between AOTC and ROTS.

By doing all this, the Canon hierarchy would be much simpler, since it would only include the G Canon (the films), the C Canon (the EU) and the N Canon (the non-Canon stuff), and there would be much less confusion among the fans.

But my plans don’t end here. If I had bought Star Wars in 2012 I would not only have simplified the Canon hierarchy, but I would also have decanonized some works that before 2012 were considered part of the official Expanded Universe (that is, of the C Canon). Specifically, I would have moved the Dark Empire Trilogy, the Crimson Empire Trilogy, The Force Unleashed II, and the post-NJO novels from the C Canon to the N Canon. They are, in my opinion, works that doesn’t deserve to be part of the official continuity.

So, after fixing and simplifying the Canon hierarchy and decanonizing the stories that never deserved to be Canon in the first place, I would have started designing a film trilogy set during the Old Republic Era. However, to make sure that there are no continuity errors between the new trilogy and the KOTOR/SWTOR stuff, I would have made sure that the new trilogy followed secondary and marginal characters, characters that are involved in the galactic wars of the past, but at the same time aren’t related to the main characters of that Era (like Revan, Bastila, Vitiate, Malgus, etc). I mean, the galactic wars against the Sith were galactic conflicts, indeed, and the Galaxy is huge, so we wouldn’t have had any problem in creating a good Old Republic Trilogy without contradicting the already established stuff. And, of course, in addition to the Old Republic Trilogy, I would also have allowed the EU to continue to expand, allowing authors to write new stories set across all the Eras, and most importantly, making sure that the post-NJO period is completely rewritten, without other Skywalkers falling to the Dark Side, without the return of the Sith, but with new enemies and original conflicts. I mean, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious were the last of the Sith. The authors would have had to adapt to this reality and invent new, non-Sith enemies after the NJO, instead of retake an already extinct threat.

Finally, I would have placed Leland Chee and Howard Roffman in charge of Lucasfilm, to make sure that everything remained as consistent as possible and that the universe and individual works had as few contradictions as possible.

However, if I bought Star Wars today then I would apply a double Canon system. That is, the New Canon would continue to exist and I would allow it to continue to expand according to the already existing projects, but at the same time I would also continue to expand the Old Canon (Legends), applying to it what I have just listed for my 2012 plans.

I think it might be simpler to just do it the way the Star Trek EU does and let people choose to integrate or not integrate whichever canon they want. The fan favorites will naturally get referenced more than stuff that isn’t as good.

With that said I forgot to include that I would erase The Old Republic MMO and make a proper KOTOR 3.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think it might be simpler to just do it the way the Star Trek EU does and let people choose to integrate or not integrate whichever canon they want.

Well, no. Unlike most of you, I’m a person who actually cares about continuity. I would like Star Wars to be a multimedia project, a single universe made up of multiple media that’s basically consistent with itself and between the various stories, as much as possible. I’m absolutely in favour of the existence of and official continuity, I think it’s necessary. This doesn’t prevent the individual fans to create their own personal Canon, and in fact I am the first to do so. But I think the existence of a stable and consistent official continuity is important.

«This is where the fun begins!»
(Anakin Skywalker)

Author
Time

KaneStarkiller said:

Superweapon VII said:

KaneStarkiller said:

  • LISTEN TO THE FANS

Quoth the Stan Lee, “Never give the fans what they think they want.”

In that case, we will never see the untouched original trilogy get a proper remaster.

They didn’t mean the OOT restoration, they meant with storytelling stuff. Y’know, like the R-rated Vader movie idea or Plagueis being Snoke. Those ideas.

Author
Time

BedeHistory731 said:

KaneStarkiller said:

Superweapon VII said:

KaneStarkiller said:

  • LISTEN TO THE FANS

Quoth the Stan Lee, “Never give the fans what they think they want.”

In that case, we will never see the untouched original trilogy get a proper remaster.

They didn’t mean the OOT restoration, they meant with storytelling stuff. Y’know, like the R-rated Vader movie idea or Plagueis being Snoke. Those ideas.

And just to clarify, I believe the PT & ST are the biggest examples of “giving the fans what they think they want”.

90% blue, 10% pink.