Sign In

Would it not be amazing if we got a Darth Vader movie directed by Christopher Nolan? — Page 3

Author
Time

The one thing I’d like to see in a Star Wars movie is a much heavier in practical FX film similar to Nolan films.

Author
Time

Anakin Starkiller said:

I don’t give a shit about Christopher Nolan, and I doubt he cares about Star Wars. All he does is guys in suits in cities with a muted cold color palette. It’s just not interesting. The grounded feel of the Dark Knight Trilogy was certainly interesting as a novelty, but at the end of the day, I’d rather the Burton films’ look.

Have you seen inception? Also in my oppinion muted colors look so much better than the normal oversaturated fare today.

Modern day color grading
avengers-endgame-4k-58.png

My regrade that mutes the colors and fixes the contrast
endgame-fix.png

Author
Time

Darth telly said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

I want a Ziro the Hutt movie directed by John Waters.

I want a film about Jar Jar Binks’s sith training directed by Wes Anderson.

A beautiful idea.

I’ve personally never gotten the appeal of having a Darth Vader spinoff movie about him just going around killing Jedi. Even with the most downer Star Wars movies, we’re still following the heroes, seeing them act heroically in the face of danger, and the films always end on at least a semi-hopeful note. A Vader/Jedi Purge movie would just be a bummer. The time gap between the prequels and the OT is a pretty depressing time if you’re focusing on the Jedi, and I think the later stages of the Purge are better left up to the imagination. We know what happened, and seeing it onscreen wouldn’t really tell us anything new.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ok but Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith are two of the most loved Star Wars movies in the community and they’re the most dark and depressing ones.

Read the 2017 Vader comics. Once you do you’ll realize how much story potential that era has, especially for Darth Vader. It was him at his prime, when he was younger and actually fought people that were somewhere near his league. It’s also a great opportunity to explore his inner psyche. I’d kill to see that in a film. Hell, straight up make a movie adaptation of the Fortress Vader story arc (which in my opinion is by far the best Star Wars story not in the movies, and I’d say it’s better then most of the movies). That’s literally the perfect Vader story.

My Star Wars Fan-Edits

Author
Time

G&G-Fan said:

Ok but Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith are two of the most loved Star Wars movies in the community and they’re the most dark and depressing ones.

As I said, even the darkest Star Wars movies still follow heroes’ perspectives and show them acting heroically, and the movies end on a hopeful note. A Vader movie would be only darkness and angst all the way through, with the only outcome being that more Jedi would be killed by the end, and perhaps Vader would be more powerful.

Author
Time

Something tells me the “Disney machine” isn’t going to be capable of what even the comics can pull off with a show entirely focused on an antagonist. Just look at how sloppily they handled Boba Fett.

Author
Time

Lucasfilm could have done a Darth Vader series, but they are interested in bringing cartoons to live action with all the inherent sillyness of helicopter lightsabers, and inquisitors. They would probably mess it up. Never wanted the cartoons to merge with the live action any more than the EU to be directly adapted. Different mediums.

Author
Time

JadedSkywalker said:

Lucasfilm could have done a Darth Vader series, but they are interested in bringing cartoons to live action with all the inherent sillyness of helicopter lightsabers, and inquisitors. They would probably mess it up. Never wanted the cartoons to merge with the live action any more than the EU to be directly adapted. Different mediums.

Clone wars/Rebels are not cartoons.

Author
Time

Animation then. Still i will stick by what i posted. Hate the inquisitors, the helicopter blades. Hate Disney Thrawn. Liked Kanan though. Liked Hera.

Author
Time

I’m beginning to think I don’t want them to merge animation and live action any more either, but only because it’s taking away from the animated shows. When it comes to the TV shows I think animation is the far superior medium.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

A Darth Vader movie directed by Lars Von Trier would be much more entertaining.

Author
Time

jedi_bendu said:

I’m beginning to think I don’t want them to merge animation and live action any more either, but only because it’s taking away from the animated shows. When it comes to the TV shows I think animation is the far superior medium.

Yeah, I’m starting to agree with you. It was cool when they were just transferring over a few animated characters into the live-action stuff, but with the upcoming Ahsoka show basically being a live-action Rebels sequel it feels like they just don’t want to do animated stuff anymore. It’s a shame, since so many things can be done in animation that just feel cheesy or lame in live-action. I don’t think Mortis or Yoda’s vision quest would be anywhere near as good if Clone Wars was a live-action show.

My preferred Skywalker Saga experience:
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX

Author
Time

StarkillerAG said:

It’s a shame, since so many things can be done in animation that just feel cheesy or lame in live-action. I don’t think Mortis or Yoda’s vision quest would be anywhere near as good if Clone Wars was a live-action show.

Yep, totally agreed. I also think it’s budget related, by Star Wars standards Rebels was a lower budget series but was still able to pull off big battles such as the battle of Atollon. I’m guessing that live action series, despite being well funded, would struggle to pull off something close to that scale.

It remains to be seen as the live action shows increasingly become larger scale, I think.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”