Sign In

Wookie Groomer's 1080p Star Wars Saga project (Released) — Page 26

Author
Time

Karyudo said:

negative1 said:

but it will be a cold day in ***** before i ever touch a newsgroup,

or post files there (see my sig)....torrents work for me, so i don't

mess with anything else......besides here in the US, some providers

are cutting off the whole alt.* newsgroups anyways...

later

-1

 

With a premium news server, NOMP, and a subscription to Newzbin, Usenet can be just about as convenient as BT.

Not really.  I click one button and my torrent starts.  And it's free. 

I'll never do newsgroups.  And I guess that means I'll never be getting Wookiegroomers editions :(

I've tried asking around about these ultra-exclusive HD torrent sites but it doesn't seem like anyone is offering up any info.

Author
Time

Are these releases on newsgroups in the form of a blu-ray ISO or just the BDMV and Certificate folders? 

I ask because I am able to download them, but not burn them, at the moment, as I have no blu-ray drive on my PC.  I was hoping to play the m2ts files on my WD HD media player, or otherwise turn them into mkv files, but I don't think I would be able to extract a blu-ray ISO.

I am only interested in Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith; the BD-25 versions would be fine.  I would be grateful for any help/advice.  (I'm in the UK.) 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Chewtobacca,

 

You can use download either one  of them in the newsgroups.

 

If it's BR structure you can get the m2ts from the stream directory.

When it's an ISO, use Daemon or any other ISO mounter to get to the stream directory.

 

Have fun,

 

8t88

Author
Time

Thank you, 8t88!  I knew where the mt2s was, but I didn't know one could mount a blu-ray ISO.  I mounted the ISO - for ISO it was - using a program called Virtual Clone Drive. 

As it happens, I didn' t need to do so.  The WD HD media player can play blu-ray ISOs.  Isn't that amazing?  Everything I read led me to believe that it couldn't play blu-ray ISOs, but the ISO played without any problems at all. 

Now I can download all Wookie Groomer's releases and play them without ever having to burn them.  I've already played ROTS, and the quality of the BD-25 is amazing!  Thank you so much, Wookie Groomer.  :-)

Author
Time

Chewtobacca said:

Thank you, 8t88!  I knew where the mt2s was, but I didn't know one could mount a blu-ray ISO.  I mounted the ISO - for ISO it was - using a program called Virtual Clone Drive. 

As it happens, I didn' t need to do so.  The WD HD media player can play blu-ray ISOs.  Isn't that amazing?  Everything I read led me to believe that it couldn't play blu-ray ISOs, but the ISO played without any problems at all. 

Now I can download all Wookie Groomer's releases and play them without ever having to burn them.  I've already played ROTS, and the quality of the BD-25 is amazing!  Thank you so much, Wookie Groomer.  :-)

 That's some good news, did the WDTV also show the menu?

 

If so i maybe get my hands on one then!

 

Bye BYe

Author
Time
 (Edited)

8t88 said:

 

That's some good news, did the WDTV also show the menu?

 

No; it only plays the film.  This is also the case with DVD and AVCHD ISOs.  The lack of menus doesn't bother me though.

Back on topic, I can only find a BD-50 of ROTJ in the usual place: it's the one with the audio fix.  Was there no BD-25?

I've been trying to download it, but the download has stopped half the way through, and the files I have downloaded all seem to be incomplete.  I don't know if I will be able to recover this archive, even with PAR files. :-( 

Author
Time

Chewtobacca said:

Back on topic, I can only find a BD-50 of ROTJ in the usual place: it's the one with the audio fix.  Was there no BD-25?

I've been trying to download it, but the download has stopped half the way through, and the files I have downloaded all seem to be incomplete.  I don't know if I will be able to recover this archive, even with PAR files. :-( 

No Wookie Groomer did not release a BD25 of Jedi.  From memory, Jedi was a little tricky to complete.  You may need to do a raw usenet search for Wookie Groomer - I believe that he posted up NZBs for his most recent versions...

Author
Time

Thank you, Wideload.  I found the NZBs to which you referred.  I'm redownloading now.  Fingers crossed!

Your help is much appreciated, sir.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Wookie Groomer said:

For anyone finding this post in the future I have posted a rar file to the newsgroups Aug 24, 2009 called "Wookie Groomer Star Wars Trilogy NZB Archive.rar" it contains the 3 nzb files needed to grab the correct final versions without any confusion. Also posted are the raw nzb files ready to drag and drop:

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.IV.A.New.Hope.2009.Bluray.Edition.nzb

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.V.The.Empire.Strikes.Back.2009.Bluray.Edition.nzb

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.VI.Return.of.the.Jedi.2009.Bluray.Edition.nzb

 Most quality newshosts have a file retention of nearly a year or even longer.

 

 

Hey All... is there a list of NZB files for the 50GB Prequel films (like the ones above that WG provided for the Original Trilogy).  Just finished downloading the original trilogy and watched ANH.  Looks great!  Looking forward to picking up the OT's in 50GB files.

EDIT:  On another note, I just went to extract the ROTJ 50GB set and I'm getting errors from WinRAR.  Error:
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part001.rar: Unexpected end of archive
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part004.rar: Unexpected end of archive
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part005.rar: Unexpected end of archive
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part007.rar: Unexpected end of archive


I tried to fix it through QuickPar, but had no luck.  I even re-downloaded the files mentioned about, but get the same issue.  Can anyone help me?  Not sure what to do.

Thanks!  Rick

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Probably a silly question, but for those of us without BD burners, is anyone out there offering burning services for the BD-25 or BD-50 versions?

Zaphod (a.k.a. Bill Hunt from The Digital Bits.com)

Author
Time

RickWJ324 said:

Wookie Groomer said:

For anyone finding this post in the future I have posted a rar file to the newsgroups Aug 24, 2009 called "Wookie Groomer Star Wars Trilogy NZB Archive.rar" it contains the 3 nzb files needed to grab the correct final versions without any confusion. Also posted are the raw nzb files ready to drag and drop:

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.IV.A.New.Hope.2009.Bluray.Edition.nzb

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.V.The.Empire.Strikes.Back.2009.Bluray.Edition.nzb

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.VI.Return.of.the.Jedi.2009.Bluray.Edition.nzb

 Most quality newshosts have a file retention of nearly a year or even longer.

 

 

Hey All... is there a list of NZB files for the 50GB Prequel films (like the ones above that WG provided for the Original Trilogy).  Just finished downloading the original trilogy and watched ANH.  Looks great!  Looking forward to picking up the OT's in 50GB files.

EDIT:  On another note, I just went to extract the ROTJ 50GB set and I'm getting errors from WinRAR.  Error:
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part001.rar: Unexpected end of archive
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part004.rar: Unexpected end of archive
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part005.rar: Unexpected end of archive
* C:\Users\RickWJ324\Documents\Attachments\Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part007.rar: Unexpected end of archive


I tried to fix it through QuickPar, but had no luck.  I even re-downloaded the files mentioned about, but get the same issue.  Can anyone help me?  Not sure what to do.

Thanks!  Rick

 So... I decided to re-download the entire thing after not getting it to work.  I'm still in the process of downloading all of the files.  Idid notice something strange with one of the files in the set.  The newsgroup reader that I'm using shows an icon that looks like a "broken page" for the following: "Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part269.rar" (*/401)

I'm guessing that's the culprit?  I'm a total noob when it comes to using newsgroups.  Is there anyone that can help me out with this issue?  Thanks!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I had problems downloading WG's releases too.  I think they need to be re-uploaded. 

FYI:  A poster has uploaded Ewokgroomer's BD-50 > DVD-9 conversions of Wookie Groomer's original trilogy releases on the newsgroup.  These are quite recent posts and appear to be working.  I am downloading the ROTJ conversion now, as it is always handy to have a copy you can burn for people.

People having a problem downloading WG's releases might consider these.  I'll post an update, when my download has finished, and try to comment on what the quality is like after the re-encoding.

edit --  ROTJ downloaded fine.  The audio is AC-3 5.1.  The par2 files are in a separate NZB.

Author
Time

Thanks for the info.  I'm really hoping to get WG's BD-50 set though.  If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm guessing the problem I'm having is with that one rar that I mentioned above.  I've now finished downloading ALL of the files a second time and still have the same problem.....  ANH and ESB were fine, just can't get ROTJ to work.

Author
Time

RickWJ324 said:

Thanks for the info.  I'm really hoping to get WG's BD-50 set though.  If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm guessing the problem I'm having is with that one rar that I mentioned above.  I've now finished downloading ALL of the files a second time and still have the same problem.....  ANH and ESB were fine, just can't get ROTJ to work.

Here's a link to the par2 files nzb.  Download that with a usenet client.  Then, use QuickPAR to fix the rars.  Such is the nature of Usenet - some rars will get corrupted.

 

http://www.quickfilepost.com/download.do?get=85230a06f5fd32fe5bc1b50973976852

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Thanks Hardware Hank, but that didn't fix it.  The problem is with that one file.  I just looked through all of the downloaded files and that one is missing.  The file is:

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part269.rar

So, I just marked that one file for re-downloading it.  I still get the same errors when opening the RAR.  When I run it through QuickPar it tells me that I need 118 more blocks.

Is there anyway that the missing/broken rar can be re-uploaded or can someone send me the file?? 

Thanks again everyone!!  Rick

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DELETED

That is an NZB that contains it.  I just tried it, it works.  You'll have to fix it with QuickPAR using the par2 files though, since it's missing a post.  It should have most of the parts though.  One usenet client I tried refused to download it, but hellanzb worked.

Author
Time

Nope.. didn't fix the problem for me.  Used the new link you gave me, downloaded it.  Tried through QuickPar and also tried another app called SuperNZB.  Both report missing blocks.

I don't know what else to do....  :(

Author
Time

I couldn't complete the download of ROTJ either.  I tried three times.

I assume, RickWJ324, that you decoded the incomplete blocks?  It often helps.  There's nothing else I can suggest. 

Ewokgroomer's ROTJ looks rather good, and I believe the quality loss is small.  I know it's not quite what you wanted, but frankly I don't believe the BD-50 size is necessary.  I only tried to download it as there was no BD-25, and Adywan's AVCHD will be a while yet (WG's BD-25 of ROTS looks great though).  I would encourage you to give Ewokgroomer's release a go.  It's much smaller and won't take long to download, and if you're not happy, you can keep trying to find WG's, and you've lost nothing. :-)

Author
Time

RickWJ324 said:

Nope.. didn't fix the problem for me.  Used the new link you gave me, downloaded it.  Tried through QuickPar and also tried another app called SuperNZB.  Both report missing blocks.

I don't know what else to do....  :(

did you download all of the par2 files into the same folder as the files you downloaded? and then once quickpar has scanned it did you click repair ( if there are enough par2's to fix the broken files that is)?

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

Hey Adywan.. yes, all of the pars were in the same folder as the rar files.  Wasn't successful with that.  Then when I was given the links to the new par files, I temporarily moved the original pars, and put the new ones into the same directory and ran those.  Same result.  I'm at a loss.  I've downloaded these files twice now.  That's a lot of gigs to download multiple times.  Not sure what else to do. 

Author
Time

RickWJ324 said:

That's a lot of gigs to download multiple times. 

Tell me about it!  The audio is still slightly out for RTOJ anyway, even with the audio fix.  Maybe WG will make a BD-25 of this at some point with fully corected audio.  We can only hope!

Author
Time

Chewtobacca said:

RickWJ324 said:

That's a lot of gigs to download multiple times. 

Tell me about it!  The audio is still slightly out for RTOJ anyway, even with the audio fix.  Maybe WG will make a BD-25 of this at some point with fully corected audio.  We can only hope!

Fixing the audio in the EwokGroomer MKVs is easy using mkvmerge.  The container lets you specify track offsets with very little effort.  There are other tools for working with MKVs that allow this as well.  Of course, mplayer lets you simply adjust the audio offset in real time with the + and - keys, so I don't usually care :).

Author
Time

Thanks for the info, HardwareHank.  I'll look into mkvmerge.  I hope it's as simple as offsetting one track with respect to another.  :-)

Author
Time

Chewtobacca said:

Thanks for the info, HardwareHank.  I'll look into mkvmerge.  I hope it's as simple as offsetting one track with respect to another.  :-)

From here:

mkvmerge -o goodsync.mkv -A source.avi -y 12345:200 outofsync.ogg

This would add 200ms of silence at the beginning of the audio track with the ID 12345 taken from outofsync.ogg.

Some movies start synced correctly but slowly drift out of sync. For these kind of movies you can specify a delay factor that is applied to all timestamps - no data is added or removed. So if you make that factor too big or too small you’ll get bad results. An example is that an episode I transcoded was 0.2 seconds out of sync at the end of the movie which was 77340 frames long. At 29.97fps 0.2 seconds correspond to approx. 6 frames. So I did

mkvmerge -o goodsync.mkv -y 23456:0,77346/77340 outofsync.mkv

Author
Time

I'm hoping to get WG's BD-50's if possible.  I haven't started on the Prequels yet as I'd like to get this ROTJ working first.  If anyone can suggest a way to fix this I'd appreciate it.