Sign In

Wookie Groomer's 1080p Star Wars Saga project (Released) — Page 22

Author
Time
vbangle said:
rpvee said:

Hi.

So I see threads about these 1080p amazing-looking versions of the saga, done by you guys, but when reading said threads, I only see info about files that I can't find being burnt to DVDs, and sometimes not working, etc.  Is there any way to get these in a simple format to just watch on my 1080p laptop?

 

Thanks!

 

Just download and mount the iso.

I'm a total newbie... where do I download the "iso", and what is mounting?  I'm so confused... sorry.  And these are true 1080p that will look amazingly awesome on my laptop? lol

 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

You might find this thread helpful:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Thread-for-all-Usenet-vs-Torrent-vs-Rapidshare-discussion/topic/10677/

I imagine it wouldn't be much of an option for this project on most laptops because HD films drag like hell through most laptop media players.

Mounting a ISO or Disc Image is merely the process of opening it as if you had a DVD in your drive rather than a collection of files.

Most media players have this option somewhere if you explore the drop down menus.

It will open in exactly the same way so if the ISO has a Menu of it's own (like that on a DVD) it will appear on screen first and you will have all the same options you would have if you burned the disc and popped it into a disc drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time
Bingowings said:

You might find this thread helpful:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Thread-for-all-Usenet-vs-Torrent-vs-Rapidshare-discussion/topic/10677/

I imagine it wouldn't be much of an option for this project on most laptops because HD films drag like hell through most laptop media players.

Mounting a ISO or Disc Image is merely the process of opening it as if you had a DVD in your drive rather than a collection of files.

Most media players have this option somewhere if you explore the drop down menus.

It will open in exactly the same way so if the ISO has a Menu of it's  own (like that on a DVD) it will appear on screen first and you will have all the same options you would have if you burned the disc and popped it into a disc drive.

I still don't know how I'd find the ISO file, though, as it's against the rules to post links to them.  Do I need to PM the creators, or ask them to PM me in the thread, or what?

 

And those newsgroups aren't an option for me...

 

Author
Time
rpvee said:

I still don't know how I'd find the ISO file, though, as it's against the rules to post links to them.  Do I need to PM the creators, or ask them to PM me in the thread, or what?

 

 

 

You've been here a year and ....nevermind. Yes PM is the way to go.

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time
vbangle said:
rpvee said:

I still don't know how I'd find the ISO file, though, as it's against the rules to post links to them.  Do I need to PM the creators, or ask them to PM me in the thread, or what?

 

 

 

You've been here a year and ....nevermind. Yes PM is the way to go.

lol, I've been a member for a year, but I've only been here a few times in that year.

 

Author
Time

***********************************************************************

                           WOOKIE GROOMER PRESENTS

                 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith

                             HIGH DEFINITION 1080p

                           "Battle Of Heroes" video

                           Forthcoming Bluray teaser

***********************************************************************

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------                                                  

                            General Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Release Date : September 2009

Source       : 1080p German Premier HDTV Cap

Frame Rate   : 23.976 fps

Video        : H.264 1920x1080 VBR 2-pass @ 25MbpsMin / 35MbpsMax

Audio        : English AC3 5.1

Length       : 3m 40s

Size         : 669MB

 

Here is a teaser sample of the completed "Revenge Of The Sith" Bluray disk. The sample is a complete video mixed to the thematic John Williams score "Battle Of Heroes" on the "Revenge of the Sith" motion picture soundtrack. The video is encoded with the same bitrate as the yet to be released Bluray and represents the visual quality to be expected. I spent several evenings putting this one together so please enjoy it! This and other 1080p prequal videos are planned for the "The Phantom Menace Deluxe Edition" Bluray that is scheduled for release in the near future.

 

If you missed them, please check out my original trilogy Bluray disks by searching the newsgroups for the following nzb files:

 

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.IV.A.New.Hope.2009.Bluray.Edition.1080p.nzb

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.V.The.Empire.Strikes.Back.2009.Bluray.Edition.1080p.nzb

Wookie.Groomer.Star.Wars.Episode.VI.Return.of.the.Jedi.2009.Bluray.Edition.1080p.nzb

 

wookiegroomer@hushmail.com

Author
Time
 (Edited)

 

Wookie Groomer,

 

I just watched your "Battle of Heroes" video and I can sum up my feelings in one word. AMAZING!!

 

Great job. I'm looking forward to your prequal releases. They should be spectacular.

Author
Time

Am I missing something I can never find and links to the videos or any guess of where to look. I just want to dl wookie groomers releases and thats it lol.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

dude, this question was answered a million times already, just go a few pages back

Author
Time
dlbsyst said:

 

Wookie Groomer,

 

I just watched your "Battle of Heroes" video and I can sum up my feelings in one word. AMAZING!!

 

Great job. I'm looking forward to your prequal releases. They should be spectacular.

 

 +1 over here!!  Watched this a few minutes ago and it's FANTASTIC!!  The editing on this montage is inspired and I can't wait to see your prequel blu-rays.  They will compliment your recent OT releases perfectly.  Thanks Wookie Groomer.

Author
Time

Prequel blurays!!!! Fantastic!!!! Thanks WG!

 

Badges?!? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges…

Author
Time

Anyone else has a problem with missing files from :

 

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P

 

I'm missing:

 

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part004

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part011

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part059

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part076

Star.Wars.Return.Of.The.Jedi.PROPER.REISSUE.Bluray.Format.1080P.part136

 

I have downloaded this batch 2 times already, and also the above files seperate, but all i get are some nonsens rar files and a jpeg of a very hairy woman........

 

I'm missing about 110 blocks and extra PAR's don't help me out, i'm i missing something. It's not my newsserver as the other two releases where without any problems and i have a retention for about 200 days.

 

So if anyone can help me out please do!

 

With kind regards,

 

8t88

Author
Time

I had to open an account with another news server because mine was so bad, but that's how I got the missing files?

 

Not much direct help, I know,  but it does work!

Badges?!? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges…

Author
Time

Yep, no problem with astraweb.....its your news service provider...get a new one.  Try astraweb, 11 bucks a month

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time

Sounds like you are having the same problems I was having when I had Giganews. I switched to Astraweb recently and all is well. Good luck.

Author
Time

Firstly, I would like to say that Wookiegroomer is a legend for making the fan edits available in such great quality.

I obtained the first version of V and was entranced by how great it looked.  I noticed a sync issue but ignored it.  Subsequently I obtained IV and VI and also noticed issues.

It was quite costly in bandwidth and time obtaining IV, V and VI and I am very reluctant to toss them away and obtain the final re-issues unless it is the only way to obtain "perfect" copies.

Alternatively, would it be possible to obtain the correct audio delay and demux and remux the files that I have, to correct the sync issue?  Or, is the sync issue not one of a constant offset, but variable and therefore not amenable to simply applying a delay to the offending audio tracks?

 

Author
Time
YanniD said:

Firstly, I would like to say that Wookiegroomer is a legend for making the fan edits available in such great quality.

I obtained the first version of V and was entranced by how great it looked.  I noticed a sync issue but ignored it.  Subsequently I obtained IV and VI and also noticed issues.

It was quite costly in bandwidth and time obtaining IV, V and VI and I am very reluctant to toss them away and obtain the final re-issues unless it is the only way to obtain "perfect" copies.

Alternatively, would it be possible to obtain the correct audio delay and demux and remux the files that I have, to correct the sync issue?  Or, is the sync issue not one of a constant offset, but variable and therefore not amenable to simply applying a delay to the offending audio tracks?

 

 

 IMHO it's well worth downloading the proper releases of these.

Author
Time
Wideload said:

 IMHO it's well worth downloading the proper releases of these.

When 140GB costs around $130, one has to think twice about "worth".

 

Author
Time
YanniD said:
Wideload said:

 IMHO it's well worth downloading the proper releases of these.

When 140GB costs around $130, one has to think twice about "worth".

 

 

 Point taken.  I'm fortunate to be on an unlimited package with both my ISP and Usenet provider.

Author
Time

YanniD

Badges?!? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges…

Author
Time

Wow lol how freaking gay I have owned like 6 versions of each starwars movie and then I download this and my isp "suspects" I dled a movie illegal and shut me down all day long. They told me you get 4 warnings then receive a 20 day suspension of service. I was like omg this sucks lol. All I wanted was to watcha  fan edit and I went though all kinds of crap :(.

Author
Time

Wow. That Sucks. Who is your isp?

Author
Time

I never have any trouble with my usenet provider, but i have all of  the previouswookie downloads wiped.

After that i downloaded everything for the thirth time (with the good par set), then it took 6 hours to repair, but i have them all three now sitting on the HD ready to be watched.

 

Thanx 4 your support!, and Wookie thanx for all your efforts in these releases!

Author
Time

I go through Insight broadband. I was pretty suprised to find out I was only suspected to be downloading. I figured theyd be like omg you downloaded a edited version of Starwars lol. If they did Id be like hey look I have owned every version(vcr,dvd) of starwars besides blueray since I was about 7 lol. So I think I have owned enough copyrights of the movie to dl a edited version. Especially since I wouldnt share it and I would delete it after the first viewing lol. But oh well looks like ill never get to see the fan edit. I had used the news server for my provider(could be something to do with that happened) for about 4 hours trying to dl this. Then I went and got another news server thats paid for. I was so upset...

Author
Time

Did I find these by accident?

Somewhere in my learning how to download torrents, I acquired 6 8G files that say 1080p.HDTV.x264-HV at the end, with each film's title following the pattern above, the full title with periods between each word.  They're all MKV files, each in their own folder, within which is a "sample" folder with a clip from that film that's between 60 and 70 meg.

Now, when I try to play these, either the samples or the full files, with VLC, they hang there for a few seconds and then nothing happens - the main button changes from pause back to play.  Clicking it again just does the same thing.

So, what exactly did I find and how do I get them to play?

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.