Sign In

Who should the villain(s) of the sequel trilogy be? (if the sequel trilogy has villains) — Page 10

Author
Time

As much as I'm looking forward to Star Wars being under the guidance of Abrams and how I think the story is finally in lucid hands;  If there are characters with names as laughable as Dooku*, Plagueis, Sidius, Grievous, or Tyranus - I'm out.

Like the prequel trilogy before it, this set of films will be one and done for me.  Lucas was so fucking unimaginative and terrible at writing, it's mind-boggling.  God, what would have been next if he still had ownership - Admiral Infectious working for Count Contagious on his home planet of Pandemica?  *facepalm*

*Dooku sounds like something a 6-year-old would come up with while playing in the front yard. 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Listen, it don’t really matter to me, baby.
You believe what you want to believe.

Author
Time

Sweet zombie Jeebus! Don't give him any new ideas! He's still going to be a consultant. ;)

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

darklordoftech said:

What's with the internet's Plagueis fetish?

 Have you see his toes?!?!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anchorhead said:

*Dooku sounds like something a 6-year-old would come up with while playing in the front yard. 

I've heard that Lucas personally pronounces it Doh-ku, which actually makes it sound cool. I don't know why everyone else decided to run with the infantile pronunciation. 

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Anchorhead said:

*Dooku sounds like something a 6-year-old would come up with while playing in the front yard. 

I've heard that Lucas personally pronounces it Doh-ku, which actually makes it sound cool. I don't know why everyone else decided to run with the infantile pronunciation. 

 I've also noticed that Lucas pronounces "Gungans" as "Gungas" and calls "Light Sabers", "Laser Swords". Mind you Patrick Stewart spent a whole interview on the radio the other day talking about his X-Men character "Zaviour" that he's only played for oh 14 years. Senility happens to the best of us ;-)

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

If only he had spelled it that way. Is it possible "dookie" just wasn't in his vocabulary, so he was unaware of the connotations, and nobody had the nerve to tell him?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It's odd that with him being such a micromanager, he'd couldn't take the time to have the actors pronounce the names the way he wanted them pronounced. But then I guess he thought it could be fixed in the editing room. ;-)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ryan McAvoy said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

Anchorhead said:

*Dooku sounds like something a 6-year-old would come up with while playing in the front yard. 

I've heard that Lucas personally pronounces it Doh-ku, which actually makes it sound cool. I don't know why everyone else decided to run with the infantile pronunciation. 

 I've also noticed that Lucas pronounces "Gungans" as "Gungas" and calls "Light Sabers", "Laser Swords". Mind you Patrick Stewart spent a whole interview on the radio the other day talking about his X-Men character "Zaviour" that he's only played for oh 14 years. Senility happens to the best of us ;-)

That's actually how the name is pronounced in most real-world instances. Stewart must have just forgotten that his character mispronounces his own name. ;)

Otherwise, how would we remember that he leads the X-Men?

On topic: the scripts for the original 1977 SW film used "laser swords" instead of "lightsabers" until the third draft or so, which is probably why it sticks in Lucas's head. Even in the later drafts, "lightsaber" is used purely in dialogue, and the script directions still say "laser sword."

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

I wonder how many times Jake Lloyd said "lightsaber" before Lucas finally got him to say it "right."

Author
Time

There's a pic supposedly showing a villain that looks like a Nightsister. You have no idea how hard I'll laugh if there's no Sith or Dark Jedi.

Author
Time

darklordoftech said:

There's a pic supposedly showing a villain that looks like a Nightsister. You have no idea how hard I'll laugh if there's no Sith or Dark Jedi.

 Well it is rumored that Lupita Nyong'o will play Asajj Ventress who is a Dark Jedi and was a Nightsister.

The movie theater is my church and my holy trinity is a Trilogy.

Author
Time

Casting a black woman to play a pasty albino character? That's going to look very bizarre on film if true.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Casting a black woman to play a pasty albino character? That's going to look very bizarre on film if true.

Boo whiteface.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Casting a black woman to play a pasty albino character? That's going to look very bizarre on film if true.

 You'd rather she play a green twi'lek

The movie theater is my church and my holy trinity is a Trilogy.

Author
Time

darklighter, why are you so obsessed with all the rumors being true?

Author
Time

darklordoftech said:

darklighter, why are you so obsessed with all the rumors being true?

Not interested in all the rumors being true. I apologize as I know I get way to hyped up on any little tidbit of info, rumor or not. I'd be happy with Lupita playing a cool Jedi or bounty hunter. I don't care about Plagueis and hope he's not the main villain as that would undercut what was so great about Palpatine. I just want awesome villains that will bring this saga to it's ultimate conclusion. If there's going to be a new big bad I don't want it to be some Mandalorian or some crazy Thrawn type. It'd better be a villain that is a severe threat to the entire Galaxy.

The movie theater is my church and my holy trinity is a Trilogy.

Author
Time

darklighter said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

Casting a black woman to play a pasty albino character? That's going to look very bizarre on film if true.

 You'd rather she play a green twi'lek

What's with the confrontational attitude? I'm just making an observation.

Author
Time

darklighter said: I don't care about Plagueis and hope he's not the main villain as that would undercut what was so great about Palpatine.

Thank god and agreed.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DuracellEnergizer said:

darklighter said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

Casting a black woman to play a pasty albino character? That's going to look very bizarre on film if true.

 You'd rather she play a green twi'lek

What's with the confrontational attitude? I'm just making an observation.

The movie theater is my church and my holy trinity is a Trilogy.

Author
Time

Cyber-Wattle

JarJar's Ghost

Clone Mini-Emperor

Leering Hayden Darkside Ghost

Darth Qui F'air: Darth Maul's Second Great Nephew Thrice Removed

Shmear's Ghost

Snaggletooth's Grandson, Snarflesnout

Chewbacca

Author
Time

The evil JarJar Jr. revives the Empire as the dominion of the Gungan master race.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It's too bad that the TFN thread got locked because I wanted to post "that Plagueis is alive" in that thread.