Sign In

What is wrong with... Attack of the Clones? - a general discussion thread — Page 3

Author
Time

IsanRido said:

There’s nothing inherently wrong about the two of them fighting, but they shouldn’t have had a saber duel.

We didn’t see Yoda do anything in the OT beyond walking, levitating objects, and reading the future. And he was 900 years old.

I don’t need to see him fighting at 880 years old, lightsaber or no.

Author
Time

Even then Yoda is probably not your man. In the Hammer Dracula Van Helsing is a very physical person. Running along tables leaping up to pull down heavy curtains etc.
Yoda is spiritual.
His powers are philosophical and defensive.
They should have made Master Conehead into a bigger character and have him brainy (there must be room for at least three walnuts in that shell) but capable of swashbuckling.
The acting and direction and writing of the love story has nothing to do with depictions of mental health conditions and everything to do with George’s actual arrested emotional and artistic development.
He thinks like an 11 year old (and sometimes this is his strength) Only really gifted actors and directors can get those thoughts to feel like something real people might do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Bingowings said:

The acting and direction and writing of the love story has nothing to do with depictions of mental health conditions and everything to do with George’s actual arrested emotional and artistic development.
He thinks like an 11 year old (and sometimes this is his strength) Only really gifted actors and directors can get those thoughts to feel like something real people might do.

My wife and I have long suspected George has Asperger’s. This is not an insult (those who know me understand why) but an observation on both his strengths and weaknesses.

Author
Time

I prefer the acting and characterization from Browning’s version, but the Mexican does make more sense. I suppose the American would have, too, had it been edited correctly.

To be specific, I would have liked to see a confrontation like this one to take place (minus the “arrrgh” part):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzb3rASU-pM

Caligula’expanded OST, V2 Released
The Shining’s complete OST
Ghidorah, The Tree-Headed Monster (English dub synched to Toho cut)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Not just Mexican. One reel of the Spanish Dracula was found in Cuba. The Count cares not for petty human trade embargoes.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

By the way, is reading this thread what it is like spending time at TF.n?

But with less bossy moderators banning people for ‘‘inciding flame wars’’.

Author
Time

After seeing TPM which was a pretty big disappointment (I saw it twice at the theater, and it didn’t get any better unlike TFA which IMO was good the first time, then great the second time, but not (yet) better than the originals), I felt that AOTC was a huge improvement after the first viewing. The reason was it looked more like Star Wars. Everything in TPM was shiny and new and modern looking, and the lighting on ships and sets was all wrong. It wasn’t perfect in AOTC, but definitely headed in the right direction. I liked some of the excitement in the movie such as Obi Wan jumping on the thing and flying out the window and the battle with Obi Wan and Jango Fett although I wish he wasn’t in the movie. The romantic parts were pretty barf worthy, but otherwise I enjoyed it more than TPM, probably mostly because I wanted to like the movie. In retrospect, I don’t really like the movie. The only one that is pretty good is ROTS, but only about half of it. I always thought about writing my own Episode 1 through 3 and actually started on it once but didn’t get very far. I figured it was a waste of time because nobody would really care.

Author
Time

2018151212 said:

TV’s Frink said:

By the way, is reading this thread what it is like spending time at TF.n?

But with less bossy moderators banning people for ‘‘inciding flame wars’’.

2018151212, could you please remove or obscure the profanity in your avatar? Thanks!

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

Is “profanity” referring to that Paleolithic stone sculpture or did I come too late to the party?

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

I’m seeing the F word in his avatar. If you don’t see it, try refreshing the page?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Page refreshed, apparently. Now I see it. What’s got me curious is why there’s a proscenium arch framing the upper part of the drawing.

As for what’s wrong with Attack of the Clones: Padme’s hairstyles.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

In Clones? That’s the least of this movie’s problems.

Author
Time

They promise a lot and they don’t deliver. I blame Nute Gunray.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

The biggest flaw in the Prequels is that we never saw Anakin and Obi-Wan’s friendship. In Clones they were apart for 80% of it and bitchy the other 20%.

The bad dialog, bad direction, bad acting (from people who can do better), bad special effects and the horrible digital medium it was shot on all add up to a crappy movie.

OP might be happier on the PTAS with the other tasteless plebs.

It seems like people are really embracing the new characters. In fact, the big question people ask me now about Star Wars is, “Are Finn and Poe gay lovers?” And really how the f*ck would I know? My second husband left me for a man, so my gaydar isn’t exactly what you’d call Death Star level quality. ----Carrie Fisher

Author
Time

There is no need to throw insults into this.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

lovelikewinter said:

The biggest flaw in the Prequels is that we never saw Anakin and Obi-Wan’s friendship. In Clones they were apart for 80% of it and bitchy the other 20%.

The bad dialog, bad direction, bad acting (from people who can do better), bad special effects and the horrible digital medium it was shot on all add up to a crappy movie.

OP might be happier on the PTAS with the other tasteless plebs.

PTAS?

Author
Time

Prequel Trilogy Appreciation Society.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?