Sign In

What is/was the best SW Game ever, on any platform? — Page 7

Author
Time

Didn’t like the prequels, but my favorite Star Wars game is Bounty Hunter

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Haarspalter said:

imperialscum said:

Haarspalter said:

Is it a coincidence that the Star Wars games declined in quality when the Prequels came out? Guess not.

It did not decline. It improved.

Explain please.

Do you refer to KOTOR I & II or Jedi Outcast? But these games were not developed “inhouse” at LucasArts.

I see. I thought that in the last statement you meant “Star Wars games” in general. Still I think all of them had some LucasArts involvement. At least to supervise the story/characters.

Btw, yes, I prefer KOTOR, SWTOR, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

真実

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Well I honestly haven’t played too many Star Wars games.

I’ve played all the 4 Lego Star Wars games (I (PT), II (OT), CS, and III (CW)), and am looking forward to the Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens this summer. I have a love in general for all things LEGO, includes physical sets and the video games. In other words, I played them more out of the LEGO love than the Star Wars love.

And I’d played both The Force Unleashed video games prior to the whole EU decanonization. Eeh, I’m not so sure what I think of those. That was back before I even joined this site and was still part of the dark side, aka a big PT fan. Though I do still love the “The Clone Wars” tv series and still bother to work on (albeit slowly) a PT preservation project of sorts, so I’m not exactly an OT purist by any stretch of the imagination. I think I remember being more invested in the story rather than the gameplay though.

I’ve still yet to play the two Knights of the Old Republic games, just have never got around to it. I’ve always heard good things about them and have read up on some of the lore behind them.

And I have played some of the new Battlefront with friends who one consoles. (I’ve never owned any consoles, only game on PC/Mac) That game has candy for both the eyes and the ears, but I feel there’s just too little there. For the amount they charge for the game, not even including the DLC, it seems overpriced, or at least rushed.

But if I had to pick one out of what I’ve played, it’d probably be LSW III since it has the most fun gameplay out of all of the LEGO ones. It certainly helps having a cartoon series be the source for a video game too. Shame they never made a follow up for the latter seasons of the show.

Author
Time

emanswfan said:

Well I honestly haven’t played too many Star Wars games.

I’ve played all the 4 Lego Star Wars games (I (PT), II (OT), CS, and III (CW)), and am looking forward to the Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens this summer. I have a love in general for all things LEGO, includes physical sets and the video games. In other words, I played them more out of the LEGO love than the Star Wars love.

But if I had to pick one out of what I’ve played, it’d probably be LSW III since it has the most fun gameplay out of all of the LEGO ones. It certainly helps having a cartoon series be the source for a video game too. Shame they never made a follow up for the latter seasons of the show.

My fucking man, the LEGO Star Wars games are top notch in terms of everything. Pretty funny and adds a unique take on a lot of SW moments. TFA LEGO game looks okay, but the Season Pass (WHY?) and some platform exclusive DLC (More WHY?) worries me. The gameplay looks good too, but the voice acting is a little annoying to me. I liked the mumbles and incoherent babbling of the old LEGO games.
Gameplay

Author
Time

nickyd47 said:

Didn’t like the prequels, but my favorite Star Wars game is Bounty Hunter

Yeah, it’s funny. I don’t like the PT at all and yet some of my favourite Star Wars games are Bounty Hunter and Republic Commando.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

When it comes to SW games Knights of The Old Republic I and II are definitely the best plot and character wise. Hell, they even rival the OT and that’s saying something. Of course the funnest ones in my opinion are Battlefront II and Jedi Academy.

Author
Time

Lord Haseo said:

When it comes to SW games Knights of The Old Republic I and II are definitely the best plot and character wise. Hell, they even rival the OT and that’s saying something. Of course the funnest ones in my opinion are Battlefront II and Jedi Academy.

Jedi Academy and its plethora of mods were massive timesinks. I just loaded it up a few weeks ago and had a ton of fun again.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

Tyrphanax said:

Lord Haseo said:

When it comes to SW games Knights of The Old Republic I and II are definitely the best plot and character wise. Hell, they even rival the OT and that’s saying something. Of course the funnest ones in my opinion are Battlefront II and Jedi Academy.

Jedi Academy and its plethora of mods were massive timesinks. I just loaded it up a few weeks ago and had a ton of fun again.

I could never get the Evolution of Combat Mod to work. Too bad because blocking would make that game far better.

Author
Time

Lord Haseo said:

Tyrphanax said:

Lord Haseo said:

When it comes to SW games Knights of The Old Republic I and II are definitely the best plot and character wise. Hell, they even rival the OT and that’s saying something. Of course the funnest ones in my opinion are Battlefront II and Jedi Academy.

Jedi Academy and its plethora of mods were massive timesinks. I just loaded it up a few weeks ago and had a ton of fun again.

I could never get the Evolution of Combat Mod to work. Too bad because blocking would make that game far better.

Try Movie Battles 2. It’s pretty hardcore, but a lot of fun.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

For anyone feeling nostalgic, GOG just released Shadows of the Empire. This is probably the first time it’s been for sale in over two decades.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Stepping softly in a danger zone…

Author
Time

I won’t say it is necessarily the best, but my first introduction to computer games was Galactic Battlegrounds. I still get flashbacks to that game whenever I hear any of the music used in the background.

And I’m a total wreck when I play flight sim games, literally, but Tie Fighter was great. I probably got the most play time out of that game than anything else. 😉

Author
Time

I am replaying X-Wing now. Got really the hang of it, shooting down Star Destroyers. 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Tobar said:

GOG just released Shadows of the Empire. This is probably the first time it’s been for sale in over two decades.

Thanks for the tip.

I played a demo back in the day and wasn’t all that impressed. It seemed a bit like a quick N64 port. Still, the high regard it’s held in has convinced me to give it another chance. Purchased!

Sooooooo my GOG Star Wars collection is now complete.

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

HeirTrilogy said:

…Galactic Battlegrounds.

That game and Empire At War are great.

Army of Darkness: The Medieval Deadit | The Terminator - Color Regrade | The Wrong Trousers - Audio Preservation
SONIC RACES THROUGH THE GREEN FIELDS.
THE SUN RACES THROUGH A BLUE SKY FILLED WITH WHITE CLOUDS.
THE WAYS OF HIS HEART ARE MUCH LIKE THE SUN. SONIC RUNS AND RESTS; THE SUN RISES AND SETS.
DON’T GIVE UP ON THE SUN. DON’T MAKE THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU.

Author
Time

Tobar said:

For anyone feeling nostalgic, GOG just released Shadows of the Empire. This is probably the first time it’s been for sale in over two decades.

Since it was released in 1996 it isn’t that long. 😛

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Star Wars Battle Pod…

http://www.starwarsbattlepod.com/
 

IGN review - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/26/star-wars-battle-pod-is-a-100000-home-arcade-machine

Man at arcade playing it with a GoPro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAk2R7HmHDM

I’m a little put off by the price tag - £35k for the ‘standard version’, £60k for the sit-down unit -
https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/arcade_machines/shooting-arcade-machines/star-wars-battle-pod.html
 

I feel a project coming on… 😃

 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

#ReleaseTheOriginalTrilogy
 
Welcome | About | Help | How do I do this on the OT.com? | Announcements | General Assistance |
Site Timeline | Forum Rules | Fan Edit & Preservation Rules + FAQs | Signature Rules | MySpleen Info

Author
Time

When I first played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords I was pretty underwhelmed by it, because as we all know Lucasarts rushed the production forcing Obsidian to release an incomplete game and it showed when I played it. About a year ago a friend of mine informed me of a patch that restored much of the cut content which I was completely unaware of until then. Sure enough I searched and found this thing called The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM for short), so I dusted off KOTOR II, installed the mod and you know what? I think KOTOR II + TSLRCM = One of the greatest RPGs of all time, and dare I say I even think it blows the first KOTOR out of the water. Seriously, it’s a real shame I had to wait ten years to discover the absolute gem this game is, and like much of the work discussed on these forums it was all thanks to the effort of dedicated fans. Kreia/Darth Traya is hands down the greatest character ever written for Star Wars, and I doubt we will ever get a villain this complex in SW ever again, plus I like how the Jedi are given a less than flattering portrayal as overly cautious fools who decide the Exile must be evil and therefore stripped of the Force due to the uniqueness of her/his powers which greatly angers Kreia. I also like Kreia’s statement that it is a far greater victory to make your enemy see things your way and and weaken their beliefs than to outright kill them, she also strongly disapproves of petty acts of evil like killing innocent people for no reason whilst praising manipulation, deception, and committing acts with far-reaching consequences. Another thing I think is made far better by TSLRCM is the dark side ending, which in the cut version of the games feels very empty, you become the ruler of a graveyard planet, but the restored content makes it clear the Exile will go to join Revan in his fight against the secret Empire in the Unknown Regions with Visas waiting at the Trayus Academy to train anyone who travels to Malachor V to prepare for the war against the mysterious Empire. It’s real shame we never got KOTOR III and instead were given the SWTOR MMO, I hate MMORPGs with a passion.

I would like to add that I think Disney made a huge mistake in shutting down LucasArts and licensing the Star Wars games to EA, seeing as are now getting a load of mediocre SW games.

Author
Time

fmalover said:

About a year ago a friend of mine informed me of a patch that restored much of the cut content…

Was this ever officially released?

Author
Time

Collipso said:

fmalover said:

About a year ago a friend of mine informed me of a patch that restored much of the cut content…

Was this ever officially released?

The mod was first released in 2014 and it’s completely fan-made, but totally worth it.

Author
Time

I don’t know if it was the best, but the one I played until may fingers bled was Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES.

Author
Time

To me it’s still KotoR. But the LEGO games were very important and well done too, and I grew up with them, so they have a special spot in my heart. The original 2 Battlefronts were pretty fun as well. Never played the older games though.

Author
Time

I aways loved the forced unleashed its awesome being a bad ass sith lord.

Author
Time

Some parts of The Force Unleashed were fun but it was spoiled by terrible boss fights and the way the level design got worse as it went along. Bespin was like 5 minutes long for some reason. The sequel though… a true waste.