Sign In

What is GOUT?

Author
Time
I've been reading about the German Original Trilogy but I am still unclear about it. Is it the official German dvd or something? Is the audio in German and is the title crawl in German?
Author
Time
Well, in answer to your first question, GOUT stands for George's Original Unaltered Trilogy, and it is used to refer to the 2006 release bonus disc.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
Who comes up with these acronyms?

Is there an acronym czar on this board?

This piece of smartass-ery is not aimed at anyone.
Author
Time
Beats me. I always just say OOT.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
I think GOUT came from the preservation board. Other acceptable but non-official acronyms include

LOUT -- Lucas's Original Unaltered Trilogy
FLOUT -- F***in' Lucas's Original Unaltered Trilogy
POUT -- Poor Original Unaltered Trilogy
BOUT -- Basic Original Unaltered Trilogy
O^2UT -- Official Original Unaltered Trilogy
ROUT -- Released Original Unaltered Trilogy
TROUT -- The Released Original Unaltered Trilogy
NU OUT -- Not Unaltered Original Unaltered Trilogy
BUG OUT -- Barely Understanding George's Original Unaltered Trilogy
ROCK OUT -- Really Obsolete CAV Kind Of Unaltered Trilogy
COCK OUT -- Ceaselessly Obliterated Classic Killed Original Unaltered Trilogy
KNOCK OUT -- Kind News, Old Classic Kitsch Out for Undiscriminators, a Treasure

Anyone else got any ideas? I'm all out.
"It's the stoned movie you don't have to be stoned for." -- Tom Shales on Star Wars
Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived.
Author
Time
GOUT? It's something older people get that herts a lot.

And all these acronyms are crazy. OOT or OUT are the only ones that should be used. They make sense to everyone.
Watch DarthEvil's Who Framed Darth Vader? video on YouTube!

You can also access the entire Horriffic Violence Theater Series from my Channel Page.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Scruffy
I think GOUT came from the preservation board. Other acceptable but non-official acronyms include

Anyone else got any ideas? I'm all out.


I think you pretty much got it covered appart from CLOUT

Craptastic Laserdisc Overtly Unloved Transfer

Author
Time
It came out of the X0 thread. OUT was becoming synonymous with OOT, so a bunch of suggestions were made, and GOUT was collectively adopted.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth_Evil
GOUT? It's something older people get that herts a lot.

And all these acronyms are crazy. OOT or OUT are the only ones that should be used. They make sense to everyone.

It's an inflammation of the joints, most often in the big toe.

I think it's silly as well - OUT or OOT are just fine.

Author
Time
But OUT and OOT are not synonymous. OOT is the Original Original Trilogy, the sort of platonic ideal of the Star Wars Trilogy. It's been used for a long time to describe the original Star Wars Trilogy. OUT is Original Unaltered Trilogy, a new marketing term used to describe the 2006 DVD release of the Star Wars Trilogy. Since it's not the original unaltered trilogy, using that acronym represents a sort of intellectual buy-in to a lie. Prefixing it with the G acknowledges this and places the blame for the dissonance where it rightly lies.
"It's the stoned movie you don't have to be stoned for." -- Tom Shales on Star Wars
Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived.
Author
Time
Until now, I didn't know that the two were not synonymous. I always just thought it was a new term coined during the summer, maybe because people thought OUT looked and sounded better than OOT.

The more you know!

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Scruffy
But OUT and OOT are not synonymous. OOT is the Original Original Trilogy, the sort of platonic ideal of the Star Wars Trilogy. It's been used for a long time to describe the original Star Wars Trilogy. OUT is Original Unaltered Trilogy, a new marketing term used to describe the 2006 DVD release of the Star Wars Trilogy. Since it's not the original unaltered trilogy, using that acronym represents a sort of intellectual buy-in to a lie. Prefixing it with the G acknowledges this and places the blame for the dissonance where it rightly lies.


You can carve that in stone!

My Projects:
[Holiday Special Hybrid DVD v2]
[X0 Project]
[Backstroke of the West DVD]
[ROTS Theatrical DVD]

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Scruffy
Anyone else got any ideas? I'm all out.


GROUT-Goofily Re-Edited Original Unaltered Trilogy (featuring Han shooting a full 13 seconds earlier!)

Author
Time
Greedo: Going somewhere, So... *boom*

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
I've sown the seeds of discord quite nicely, haven't I?
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
Maybe OOT is just the Canadian version of OUT. Eh?

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mielr
Maybe OOT is just the Canadian version of OUT. Eh?


There's good in the Original Trilogy, and it's worth fighting for.
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
http://www.myspace.com/harlock415
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Scruffy

LOUT -- Lucas's Original Unaltered Trilogy
FLOUT -- F***in' Lucas's Original Unaltered Trilogy
POUT -- Poor Original Unaltered Trilogy
BOUT -- Basic Original Unaltered Trilogy
O^2UT -- Official Original Unaltered Trilogy
ROUT -- Released Original Unaltered Trilogy
TROUT -- The Released Original Unaltered Trilogy
NU OUT -- Not Unaltered Original Unaltered Trilogy
BUG OUT -- Barely Understanding George's Original Unaltered Trilogy
ROCK OUT -- Really Obsolete CAV Kind Of Unaltered Trilogy
COCK OUT -- Ceaselessly Obliterated Classic Killed Original Unaltered Trilogy
KNOCK OUT -- Kind News, Old Classic Kitsch Out for Undiscriminators, a Treasure


That is a brilliant list. My favorites are POUT, ROUT, and TROUT.

"Now all Lucas has to do is make a cgi version of himself.  It will be better than the original and fit his original vision." - skyjedi2005

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Cable-X1
Is there an acronym czar on this board?

Wait a minute - you can't goof on acronym czars when you just invented the word smartassery.

Although, with your permission, I might work that into my vocabulary. Has a nice ring to it.
originaltrilogy.com Moderator

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mielr
Maybe OOT is just the Canadian version of OUT. Eh?



http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f20/stonetriple/1051.jpg
originaltrilogy.com Moderator

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

Author
Time
Everytime I read the word GOUT, I hear a bit from the Jerky Boys CDs (crank callers for those who don't know them).

One of the guys says to an unsuspecting caller: "I'm not doing too well. I've got a little GOUT in the left tit."
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Mielr
Originally posted by: Darth_Evil
GOUT? It's something older people get that herts a lot.

And all these acronyms are crazy. OOT or OUT are the only ones that should be used. They make sense to everyone.

It's an inflammation of the joints, most often in the big toe.

I think it's silly as well - OUT or OOT are just fine.


Yeah, my dad gets it a lot, and I laugh whenever I hear people referring to the new releases as GOUT. I first thought it wasn't an acronym, but a way to poke fun at the releases by comparing them to inflamation of the joints.
Watch DarthEvil's Who Framed Darth Vader? video on YouTube!

You can also access the entire Horriffic Violence Theater Series from my Channel Page.
Author
Time
double entendre
Pronunciation[duhb-uhl ahn-tahn-druh, -tahnd; Fr. doo-blahn-tahn-druh]
1. a double meaning.
2. a word or expression used in a given context so that it can be understood in two ways, esp. when one meaning is risqué.
[Origin: 1665–75; < obs. F; see double, intend]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
So the GOUT is actually the 2006 dvd release. Intresting. Nice at least to see it again at least.