Sign In

Video Game Thread — Page 377

Author
Time

So in yoshis island are you constantly slaughtering your own babies to use as projectile weapons?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Is there a First person shooter game where you don’t shoot anything and is on the moon.

JEDI: I’ve found the games, The Solus Project, routine, SOMA. They look like the best bet.

250,000 miles from home, the hardest thing to face…is yourself.

Author
Time

I’ve been waiting literal years for Routine.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Help finish ROTJ: Revisited!

Author
Time

Routine looks like if you mix Alien, Moon, Apolo 18, And maybe Portal.

So… You can see why i’m interested.

250,000 miles from home, the hardest thing to face…is yourself.

Author
Time

I just found about this game called Post-Scriptum, Post Scriptum is a WW2 realism game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battles, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, …

Here’s some screenshots.


This looks outstanding i’ts so beautiful, I hope its coming out on PS4.

250,000 miles from home, the hardest thing to face…is yourself.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

snooker said:

Watching the e3 Sony presentation patiently waiting for Death Stranding. I am so fucking pumped.

I like the look of Smash Bros. Ultimate, but otherwise unimpressed with Nintendo’s showing.
No Yoshi. No Metroid. Makes me kinda sad.

JEDIT: But I totally immediately installed Fortnite on my Switch.

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.

Author
Time

paja said:

I just found about this game called Post-Scriptum, Post Scriptum is a WW2 realism game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battles, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, …

Here’s some screenshots.


This looks outstanding i’ts so beautiful, I hope its coming out on PS4.

It seems like game developers only care about WWII and not WWI.

Author
Time

Spuffure said:

paja said:

I just found about this game called Post-Scriptum, Post Scriptum is a WW2 realism game, focusing on historical accuracy, large scale battles, difficult learning curve and an intense need for cohesion, …

Here’s some screenshots.


This looks outstanding i’ts so beautiful, I hope its coming out on PS4.

It seems like game developers only care about WWII and not WWI.

The good guys & bad guys are more clear-cut, I suppose.

Divergent Universes
Dreams of a Randy Git-Fiend

Author
Time

Did you all miss Battlefield One?

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Portal 1&2, Deus Ex, Puzzle Agent 1&2, Still Life, POSTEL 2, SOMA, Alien: Isolation, Serious Sam games, Vampire the masquerade bloodlines, any Telltale game.

I haven’t played The Vanishing of Ethan Carter but it looks pretty good.

250,000 miles from home, the hardest thing to face…is yourself.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

snooker said:

What is the best game I could get for less than $10 on Steam right now (during the Summer sale)!

From looking at my Steam library and wishlist…

Age of Empires II HD
Axiom Verge
Baldur’s Gate 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Borderlands 2
The Curse of Monkey Island
Deponia: The Complete Journey
Dishonored
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Guacamelee
Hollow Knight
L.A. Noire
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
Plants vs Zombies GOTY
Psychonauts
Rauken
Rogue Legacy
Sid Meier’s Civilization V
Tomb Raider (2013)
The Whispered World

…to name a few.

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.

Author
Time

Ooh, some of those are must haves. Definitely check out Arkham Asylum, L.A. Noire, and Civ V if you haven’t already.

“After a time, you may find that having, is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.” - Spock

Author
Time

O_o Why would you recommend Curse before Secret of Monkey Island?

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Help finish ROTJ: Revisited!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Tobar said:

O_o Why would you recommend Curse before Secret of Monkey Island?

I would recommend The Secret of Monkey Island before The Curse of Monkey Island.
But I’d also recommend The Curse of Monkey Island before The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition.

Dominic Armato’s voice in Secret is great, but there are several problems with the remake, starting with Guybrush’s hair. I do know people who fixed said problems, but it’s akin to a fanedit, which is rather niche. I’m not recommending the SE version of the first game if I feel you have to mod it to fix problems the EGA/VGA/CD versions didn’t have. That and I believe Curse to be the best in the series.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/15836/somi-se-backgrounds-fix-patch-and-other-mods/
https://www.facebook.com/monkeyislandhairpatch

 
I do absolutely love the soundtrack for the CD version of The Secret of Monkey Island. Amazing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onie4N5FTlE&list=PLB523A85E8EF616ED&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJ-r6xru18&list=PLB523A85E8EF616ED&index=4

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.