Sign In

The Unofficial Complete REVISITED SAGA Ideas and Random Discussion Thread — Page 47

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think I'm catching your drift Brash, I'm sorry, I'm a bit distracted this weekend.

The problem being not Darth so much but the onscreen Anakin not being the good  friend and ace pilot.

He is sort of an ace pilot.

That could be built on with reworking the space battle sequences.

As for the friend business, trimming away the moaning about Obi-Wan and the council and focusing more on the moments when they are working together and not against each other and maybe a new voice dub, because Hayden's Anakin voice is probably the least charismatic voice ever to disgrace a major motion picture would help there (Ady did some tests on AOTC aeons ago which showed some improvement). It would help the romance scenes work a bit too.

Replacing some of that strop with genuine anxiety and fear for his mother, wife and the Republic and adding the Menacing Phantom of the Masked Vader, the added action in the space battles and you will be at least left with a better mix of friend Anakin and faux alternative student Vader to make a reworked PT if not amazing at least watchable in a non-road accident sort of way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time
 (Edited)


Mithrandir said:
Joachim Phoenix was the perfect choice for Anakin; estoic, heroic, roman like. Mel Gibson resembles Alec Guinness way more than Ewan. 



The leading duo of Signs actually depict better what the relationship between Anakin and ObiWan should have been than the whole PT





Not trolling here.



Wish I was.


could I be a bit bolder and suggest perhaps more like Highlander that being the relationship betwwen Sean Connery and christopher lambert. Also a very good example of how to bridge large periods of time and different places giving you the core of a great story and a great climax. Very clever how it laces story together

If they had actually showed the pair bonding, training and having a bit of a mess about then we would have liked them as friends as in highlander. and some sort of preparation for fulfilling the role of a jedi was atleast trying to be accomplished

Author
Time

Mithrandir said:

Joachim Phoenix was the perfect choice for Anakin; estoic, heroic, roman like. Mel Gibson resembles Alec Guinness way more than Ewan. 

The leading duo of Signs actually depict better what the relationship between Anakin and ObiWan should have been than the whole PT

Not trolling here.

Wish I was.

 Christian Bale would have been an excellent choice for Anakin. He has a diverse enough skill-set to pull off what Hayden couldn't. 

Author
Time

It all stood and fell with directing, script and edit - to name it: George Lucas

if other craftsmen (or women) of the trade would have been heavily involved, the PT could have been a trilogy, everyone would even like to watch in 30 years ...

Author
Time
 (Edited)

JangoJason said:

Hello everyone,..I'm Jason from The Expanded Fandomverse Podcast. Thanks so much for making Adywan's show our most downloaded show! you can find us on Stitcher and itunes as well as our website.

http://www.theexpandedfandomverse.com/

In previous episodes we've interviewed Harmy from the Despecialized Editions, Mark Durmul from Save The Lars Homestead, and Tom Bergess from igreupstarwars.

Listen enjoy and follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheExpandedFandomverse

plus if you are into spoilers we have a great show called The Expanded Spoilerverse with all the news and revelation on Episode VII-

http://www.theexpandedfandomverse.com/2014/11/scum-villainy-expanded-fandomverse_9.html

http://www.theexpandedfandomverse.com/2014/11/scum-villainy-expanded-fandomverse_29.html

^You missed one :-D

I've just finished listening to this and a couple of things popped in my mind.

As anyone who has followed my thoughts over the years will be bored silly with me saying but I'm an advocate of SSWR's idea of starting Jedi on Dagobah with Luke finishing his training and Yoda's death.

Clearly Ady wants to create the impression that Luke may have possibly turned when he walks into Jabba's palace.

Here's a compromise that might work.

We see the saber constructed (using the Force) on Dagobah (which means we don't see Luke stash it inside Artoo). Maybe Yoda watches in the distance looking frail.

Yoda dies and Ben begins to explain about Luke's sister. This scene could be edited in such a way that Luke never loses his indignation with Ben and that would lead to him rushing back to Tatooine to try and prevent Leia from making the same sort of mistake he made on Bespin.

The indignation would then feed the darker looking Luke. Has Ben's lies and revelations changed him for the worse? Just a thought.

Another item that was touched upon was the poor state of the deleted pilots.

Back in the good old days a pilot in a model would be another model. It might be possible to scale the deleted footage back so instead of having shots of fighter models with plastic pilots those actors could be reinstated by framing them inside their ships where they would be so small the poor condition and resolution wouldn't be so much of an issue.

As a sort of B-Wing myself I'm very pleased to have them doing their cockpit spin (at one point the Falcon was going to do that too).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time

Move the destruction of the shield generator to after Palpatine dies. That way Luke, Palpatine, and Vader aren't ignoring that they're on a falling ship.

If Plagueis shows up in the ST, not only will I refuse to watch the movies, but I won't so much as watch the trailers, either. - DuracellEnergizer

Author
Time
 (Edited)

is there a way to edit the cartoons to fit at all with the revisited edit of the prequels if not the original series at least the cgi one? you see i'm a big fan of the clone wars.

but i hate a lot of what's in the prequels continuity errors bad lines bad pacing jar jar the list goes on.

so is there an edit that fixes the prequels but still works with clone wars or can someone edit the clone wars to fit it with his edit?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

There are quite a few edits of the prequels which attempt to fix those things and they may still fit with the animated shows but Revisited certainly won't be one of them.

BTW. how do you make a question mark with your Shift key broken?

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

jedimasterobiwan said:

is there a way to edit the cartoons to fit at all with the revisited edit of the prequels if not the original series at least the cgi one? 

Let Adywan finish ESB Revisited first. Then wait for him to finish ROTJ revisited. Then wait for him to finish the prequels revisited. THEN we could try to answer your question.

Author
Time

TMBTM said:

jedimasterobiwan said:

is there a way to edit the cartoons to fit at all with the revisited edit of the prequels if not the original series at least the cgi one? 

Let Adywan finish ESB Revisited first. Then wait for him to finish ROTJ revisited. Then wait for him to finish the prequels revisited. THEN we could try to answer your question.

 That's going to be a long ass time from now. He/she probably will have forgotten about the Revisited Saga by then. 

Author
Time
 (Edited)

RU.08 said:

Harmy said:


BTW. how do you make a question mark with your Shift key broken?

 hold Alt press 6, 3.

 Oh, sorry, the question was actually aimed at jedimasterobiwan, because he surely knows, since he does use question marks, while his Shift key is clearly broken ;-) 

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

Something I saw in The Force Awakens threat (so great not having to use "Episode"!) reminded me about a very irritating thing the Prequels.

Ady, whatever your story structure will be, please, please have Padme be either a Queen (an actual royalty) or an elected Senator for her planet. But not an elected Queen with a fixed mandate. Just... please. It's a horrible, terrible idea.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bingowings said:

I cant see the problem with this. Earth history has plenty of examples of elected monarchs. People seem to have this very fixed idea of how monarchy works based on the British model presumably.

 I think it has a lot to do with Kings and Queens being rulers as opposed to elected plebes.

I second the "pick a profession, Padme!" decision.

As far as Yoda is concerned, I developed the impression that he was supposed to be a lot like Pai Mei, in that he did not exile himself to Dagobah so much as he was always there.  Maybe not all Jedi would go there, but those seen with great potential would be sent there for the highest level of Jedi training.

Boy, Lucas really screwed things up.  (Sigh) Maybe someone could edit the film(s) to reflect this concept.. but it would be extremely difficult and take a lot of craft and imagination... and help with Sony Vegas (among other programs).

This would be the kind of thing where someone would almost have to start from scratch and do a flash animated prequel with a completely new story.

         

 “You people must realize that the public owns you for life, and when you’re dead, you’ll all be in commercials dancing with vacuum cleaners.”

– Homer Simpson

Author
Time

brash_stryker said:

It would be ironic if Anakin turned to the dark side in order to try to become immortal, but it was the Jedi teachings that held the secret all along!

^THIS.

brash_stryker for the win.

Author
Time

Monroville said:


As far as Yoda is concerned, I developed the impression that he was supposed to be a lot like Pai Mei, in that he did not exile himself to Dagobah so much as he was always there.  Maybe not all Jedi would go there, but those seen with great potential would be sent there for the highest level of Jedi training.

I have always thought along these lines. Even if you still have the Jedi Temple in the middle of Coruscant (which I think is out of place), Yoda wouldn't be there. He would be meditating on Dagobah, communicating telepathically to the Jedi Council. If you're willing to go to that slimy mudhole for a chance to be trained by Master Yoda, you are one dedicated Jedi! Plus, his absence in the PT would preserve the reveal in ESB.

Author
Time

BlueCardinal said:

brash_stryker said:

It would be ironic if Anakin turned to the dark side in order to try to become immortal, but it was the Jedi teachings that held the secret all along!

^THIS.

brash_stryker for the win.

 *takes a bow* Thank you. Thank you.

BlueCardinal said:

Monroville said:


As far as Yoda is concerned, I developed the impression that he was supposed to be a lot like Pai Mei, in that he did not exile himself to Dagobah so much as he was always there.  Maybe not all Jedi would go there, but those seen with great potential would be sent there for the highest level of Jedi training.

I have always thought along these lines. Even if you still have the Jedi Temple in the middle of Coruscant (which I think is out of place), Yoda wouldn't be there. He would be meditating on Dagobah, communicating telepathically to the Jedi Council. If you're willing to go to that slimy mudhole for a chance to be trained by Master Yoda, you are one dedicated Jedi! Plus, his absence in the PT would preserve the reveal in ESB.

This is how I've always seen it too and I've often drawn a comparison to Pai Mei. Maybe he chose to live on a planet with "Massive lifeform readings" because with the force being generated by "all living things" it somehow helped him meditate being surrounded by so much life. Or maybe it helped mask his whereabouts from the Sith/Dark Jedi. Who knows. He shouldn't be so prominent in the prequels, that's for sure. He went from mysterious monk to nursery school teacher. Bleh!

Author
Time

I read somewhere that the dark side cave was what kept Yoda hidden and secret being close to that evil place.

Apparently  a powerful sith lord died / was killed there?

Or is that EU nonsense? I think it's not really an issue but I like that bit of mythology anyway even if it is in the EU.

Author
Time

It's from the Thrawn Trilogy, so yes it's from the EU, but the really good part ;-)

  • www.facebook.com/despecialized
  • IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DESPECIALIZED EDITIONS, PLEASE READ THE FIRST POSTS OF THESE THREADS, WHICH HAVE UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION: SW, ESB, ROTJ, 97SE RE-ED
    IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THERE, TRY ASKING IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS - MOST REGULAR POSTERS KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS AND SOMEONE WILL LIKELY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
    IF I GET A PM WITH A QUESTION, WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THROUGH THESE MEANS, IT WILL BE IGNORED. SORRY BUT I AM NOT THE LOCAL INFO BOOTH. THANK YOU.
Author
Time

It's a Dark Jedi, actually, not a Sith Lord. And yes, I realize I'm being pedantic. ;-P

STRANGE

Author
Time

Burdokva said:

Something I saw in The Force Awakens threat

 Lol, the typo that keeps giving.