Sign In

The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant — Page 91

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

You could send me a link via PM by whatever means, or PM me for email or to figure something else out. Luckily subs are tiny files.

Very well, I’ll PM you when I’m done cleaning them up.

Author
Time

Fantastic, thank you again. The OT isn’t hard to do in small cracks of time since I know what’s different without having to do research or anything.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

DominicCobb said:

I don’t think it’d really work to have a vision and then Mustafar, probably too chaotic. If one was to put the Vader’s helmet scene first I’d think a voice or voices would be more appropriate.

Yeah, I think you’re right. That way the “I’ve been every voice inside your head” line pays off.

In the theatrical version it felt a bit weird the first time, since we had never actually heard Vader’s voice coming from the helmet in TFA.

Author
Time

Knight of Kalee said:

Just a small detail regarding the TIE Fighters; the First Order special force TIEs (like the one Poe and Finn stole in TFA) are supposed to have been upgraded with hyperdrives (explaining why Finn meant to leave the system instead of landing on Jakku).

I really wanted to cut that scene but it wouldn’t work with the edits I’m doing. It’s frustrating to leave it but the transition just doesn’t work at all.

That Stormtrooper footage it’s excellent!

I’ve just finished my Mustafa clip thanks to so many people for working so hard on this footage.
Absolutely buzzing!

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered

Author
Time

If the helmet scene is used at the start, would there still be a place for Dominic’s Kylo vision?

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

If the helmet scene is used at the start, would there still be a place for Dominic’s Kylo vision?

I mean my initial idea was to place the vision during the helmet reforging scene, so maybe.

Author
Time

Partly because I have very little time, and because I trust you implicitly, almost certainly as you go with this idea, so go I.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Movies Remastered said:

I really wanted to cut that scene but it wouldn’t work with the edits I’m doing. It’s frustrating to leave it but the transition just doesn’t work at all.

That Stormtrooper footage it’s excellent!

I’ve just finished my Mustafa clip thanks to so many people for working so hard on this footage.
Absolutely buzzing!

Are you talking about cutting the lightspeed skipping scene right? Why wouldn’t it work to delete it in your edit?

I’d really like to watch your version of the Mustafar sequence.

Author
Time

Here is an idea to use both the Helmet scene and the beginning but ALSO use Dominic’s new and improved Kylo vision that leads the reforging of the helmet.

To focus more on Dominc’s vision part, instead of using the helmet scene, what if “we” were to use the deleted scene of Kylo on the bridge form TLJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9SRnq1FiMw

This is shown whenever after his meet up with palps. Then que in Kylo’s vision/flash backs with dialogue that Dominic did and then cut to the helmet being reforged.

Could that work?

Do NOT self-destruct!

Author
Time

Knight of Kalee said:

Are you talking about cutting the lightspeed skipping scene right? Why wouldn’t it work to delete it in your edit?

I’d really like to watch your version of the Mustafar sequence.

The soundtrack from the falcon scene going into a natural history forest extra scene with added forest sounds just doesn’t go at all. Leaving the lightspeed segment gives me the climactic crescendo that fades really well into the peaceful jungle scene.

I’m trying to set up a vimeo account but do you have to pay even for basic account? I thought it was like youtube years back.

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered

Author
Time

Movies Remastered said:

Knight of Kalee said:

Are you talking about cutting the lightspeed skipping scene right? Why wouldn’t it work to delete it in your edit?

I’d really like to watch your version of the Mustafar sequence.

The soundtrack from the falcon scene going into a natural history forest extra scene with added forest sounds just doesn’t go at all. Leaving the lightspeed segment gives me the climactic crescendo that fades really well into the peaceful jungle scene.

I’m trying to set up a vimeo account but do you have to pay even for basic account? I thought it was like youtube years back.

A basic account is free, but you have a weekly upload limit of 500MB and a total limit of 5GB.

Author
Time

I can’t encode a clip right now because ROTJ is exporting but I wipe away from the lightspeed scene after they blast through the ice wall and are followed by TIES. Skenera extended the shot to allow for a smooth transition.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

I can’t encode a clip right now because ROTJ is exporting but I wipe away from the lightspeed scene after they blast through the ice wall and are followed by TIES. Skenera extended the shot to allow for a smooth transition.

I was trying to cut just before the Ties as I’ve cut them out the end of that scene. I’d like to see your edit wgen you can.

How far in from finishing a rough cut are you?

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered

Author
Time

jarbear said:

Here is an idea to use both the Helmet scene and the beginning but ALSO use Dominic’s new and improved Kylo vision that leads the reforging of the helmet.

To focus more on Dominc’s vision part, instead of using the helmet scene, what if “we” were to use the deleted scene of Kylo on the bridge form TLJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9SRnq1FiMw

This is shown whenever after his meet up with palps. Then que in Kylo’s vision/flash backs with dialogue that Dominic did and then cut to the helmet being reforged.

Could that work?

That might work. The only issue I have with it is that I like that Kylo has a vision about rebuilding his mask after touching Vader’s mask.

Kylo looking out of the star destroyer does give the impression that he’s upset and contemplating his actions, which could lead into why he’s rebuilding his mask.

Author
Time

idir_hh said:

This guy’s Mustafar test from the radical redux thread is amazing.

LILIAN02230 said:

Hello There! here is an unfinished test to place the battle of Mustafar in TLJ, I have an idea behind my head with the voice of Vader, so that he guides Kylo to him to link the line “finish what you started” with the he story of Palpatine pulling the strings, to me it is more important that this revelation is made just after the death of Luke.

https://vimeo.com/419658296

That’s fucking wild. And to think that is partly video game footage. I wonder what else BFII could help with.

PT: CoD/TAS/TCW/FotR(NCC)
OT: Reimagined/Revisited/…
ST: Starlight/Rekindled/Resurgence

Author
Time

Is there a map that looks like Exegol in the game? Because I think it would be great to extend the duel between Ben and the Knights of Ren and with all the lightning it might be possible to slip some video game footage in there unnoticed.

You’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Am I making Carrie Fisher’s ghost proud?”
Well, are ya, punk?

Author
Time

Movies Remastered said:

Hal 9000 said:

I can’t encode a clip right now because ROTJ is exporting but I wipe away from the lightspeed scene after they blast through the ice wall and are followed by TIES. Skenera extended the shot to allow for a smooth transition.

I was trying to cut just before the Ties as I’ve cut them out the end of that scene. I’d like to see your edit wgen you can.

How far in from finishing a rough cut are you?

Oh, I really don’t know.

If you end up being able to remove even the TIEs, I would consider whether the later conversation about lightspeed skipping will make sense.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

If you end up being able to remove even the TIEs, I would consider whether the later conversation about lightspeed skipping will make sense.

I feel that if you see the Ties before the cut it’s an edit mid scene so it has to be either before you see them after the wall break or keeping the lightspeed scene.

I’ve now got 3 different versions of the movie that I’m working on as I have so many ideas but every time I watch a final cut I just come up with more. I’m losing it a bit Haha!

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered

Author
Time

I’ve now got 3 different versions of the movie that I’m working on as I have so many ideas but every time I watch a final cut I just come up with more. I’m losing it a bit Haha!

I’m having a similar crisis haha so many different ways to take this film.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

idir_hh said:

I’m having a similar crisis haha so many different ways to take this film.

This time last month I was ready to give up after a bunch of crap from reddit and not being happy with my final rough cut but since joining this site it’s been nothing but encouraging and now I’m having more ideas than ever!

So glad I joined and can’t wait to see what everyone else is doing…

Check out - http://www.youtube.com/moviesremastered

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I feel you, I was so discouraged early on and am grateful for such communal help.

I figure that if the TIEs follow the Falcon aaaaaand scene, the viewer would infer that Poe pulled further shenanigans to lose them (pushing the Falcon to her limits due to the FO’s new hyperspace tracking capabilities) as referenced when Rey chides him for lightspeed skipping. I got the transition to feel fairly natural to me, and I think I would have accepted it.

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Hmmm… if Kijimi isn’t destroyed, could it feature in the mini-montage of Star Destroyers going down instead of Jakku?

Coruscant > Cloud City > Kijimi

You’d have a planet introduced in the first film of the first trilogy, second film of the second trilogy, and third film of the third trilogy.”

“Happy.”

Initiating self-destruct countdown…

Author
Time

Delpheas said:

idir_hh said:

This guy’s Mustafar test from the radical redux thread is amazing.

LILIAN02230 said:

Hello There! here is an unfinished test to place the battle of Mustafar in TLJ, I have an idea behind my head with the voice of Vader, so that he guides Kylo to him to link the line “finish what you started” with the he story of Palpatine pulling the strings, to me it is more important that this revelation is made just after the death of Luke.

https://vimeo.com/419658296

That’s fucking wild. And to think that is partly video game footage. I wonder what else BFII could help with.

I didn’t even realize this was Battlefront II lol… with all of the talent I’ve seen on here I just figured someone was able to create this!!!

Clips - for Editors folder -https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mfEISVdMldOKuSNjcjYO2QSggvqI_7-Y