Sign In

The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant (Released) — Page 565

Author
Time

BedeHistory731 said:

This may sound hilariously stupid, but what if somebody 3D modeled Shaw’s head and used photo-based textures for it? Then it could be composited into the shots for the redone ending. It would be a pain in the butt, but it might be worthwhile.

It’s worth a try.

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jar Jar Bricks said:

Do people seriously hate Hayden this much? Lol.

Hayden the person? No. But I do hate the idea that Anakin reverts to his younger self upon his death because “that’s when he was good.” Anakin was on the “good side” when he died; that’s the whole point of ROTJ’s ending. He should appear as the version of himself that died saving his son from the Emperor IMO.

But I’m talking more about the ROTJ ghost there. For TROS it’s not the biggest deal for me. The reasoning of “if Lucasfilm would’ve done it, it would’ve been with Hayden” is 100% perfectly sound.

But discussion on a Shaw ghost should be moved elsewhere until the idea actually comes to fruition in some form.

“Always in motion is the future”

Author
Time

Right on. In the meantime, any updates on even more new changes for V2? 😃

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

DMC said:

Jar Jar Bricks said:

Do people seriously hate Hayden this much? Lol.

Hayden the person? No. But I do hate the idea that Anakin reverts to his younger self upon his death because “that’s when he was good.” Anakin was on the “good side” when he died; that’s the whole point of ROTJ’s ending. He should appear as the version of himself that died saving his son from the Emperor IMO.

But I’m talking more about the ROTJ ghost there. For TROS it’s not the biggest deal for me. The reasoning of “if Lucasfilm would’ve done it, it would’ve been with Hayden” is 100% perfectly sound.

But discussion on a Shaw ghost should be moved elsewhere until the idea actually comes to fruition in some form.

I totally agree. To put it short, Luke wouldn’t have recognized his father at a younger age, and if Anakin can appear as his younger self after death, then how come Alec Guinness isn’t replaced by Ewan McGregor then? Anyways, moving on.

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time

ROTJ, Shaw’s ghost is always gonna be the only thing that feels right to me.

TROS, you can understand why it’d be Hayden and it’s fine. It’s a little weird that everyone else is the old age at which they died, but eh.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

As much as it makes logical sense to have it be Shaw. From an audience POV watching the movies, putting in Hayden just gives the comes together and association with the prequels. At least that was my rationale.

Author
Time

Having Anakin’s ghost be Hayden but making him look older is the kind of middle ground compromise I could totally see happening for real, which really makes the phantom four feel legit.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hal 9000 said:

It’s a little weird that everyone else is the old age at which they died, but eh.

If we go strictly by in-universe logic, then Anakin’s Force spirit should appear as either Hayden or Sebastian Shaw in his mid-forties, since Anakin died at the age of 45.

For me both Shaw and Hayden are equally valid. My personal best choice, much like Burbin’s, is an aged up Hayden like the one we currently have in Ascendant. Hopefully a similar Anakin could be digitally put together to replace the admittely bad Hayden shots in the ROTJ special edition.

But anyways, if even Anakin’s accent changed that much then making himself look as old as Obi-Wan should be no issue for his spirit haha 😄

Author
Time

I always looked at it as we see Anakin as Hayden because that was how he looked before he was deformed and turned into Vader, everyone else’s force ghost is old because that is how they were before they passed on to the force.

Hence why I have always preferred Hayden’s force ghost even in ROTJ.

Author
Time

Old Hayden is definitely my preference, given how much time the audience has spent with Hayden’s face. Similarly having dying Vader Shaw replaced by aged Hayden face in ROTJ would be my preference too. But then again, I’m pro-heresy.

Author
Time

I’m not pointing fingers or blaming anyone because I’m just as much to blame but shouldn’t we get things back on topic.

How much work is left Hal, going by the first post things seem to be going very nicely.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Spicy take: they would’ve had to have used Ewan McGregor to have his ghost appear in TROS, and I wouldn’t mind that option if Jonh ever decides to waste his time blessing us with more variants. Yes, Luke only ever knew old Obi-Wan, so it makes sense that that’s how he appears to him in the OT and ROTJ, but Rey knew none of them and she hears Ewan’s voice 90% of the time when she hears ghost Obi so that’s not really a factor here.

Edit: whoops, this isn’t getting back on topic.

Author
Time

lol sade1212, no worries think I beat you to the submit your reply button😂

Author
Time

Atom-88 said:

How much work is left Hal, going by the first post things seem to be going very nicely.

Scroll to find a recent large post a couple pages ago for a current update.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

So, slightly off-topic but new fan editing resources just dropped on D+ (“Galaxy of Sound”). From what I’ve read, it’s basically scenes from the films with all of the dialogue and music turned down and having only sound effects on the soundtrack.

Has anyone here checked it out yet? If so, could there possibly be anything we could use for this edit?

Author
Time

BrotherOfSasquatch said:

So, slightly off-topic but new fan editing resources just dropped on D+ (“Galaxy of Sound”). From what I’ve read, it’s basically scenes from the films with all of the dialogue and music turned down and having only sound effects on the soundtrack.

Has anyone here checked it out yet? If so, could there possibly be anything we could use for this edit?

That’s interesting! I’ve just checked it out and I didn’t expect something like this to drop on the streamer on an ordinary day like today! What do you have to say, HAL? 😄

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Well, that’s pretty cool! At a quick glance, episode 4 “Light Side” has at about 6:10 a brief clip of the key moment, “I am all the Jedi” with no dialogue or music.

I don’t know if that’d be useful for Sherlock or Faraday, but worth checking out!

I would certainly say this resource would have been very nice to have, but it doesn’t appear to immediately open up any locked doors. Could have saved some effort in the past, but that’s all right.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

Well, that’s pretty cool! At a quick glance, episode 4 “Light Side” has at about 6:10 a brief clip of the key moment, “I am all the Jedi” with no dialogue or music.

I don’t know if that’d be useful for Sherlock or Faraday, but worth checking out!

I would certainly say this resource would have been very nice to have, but it doesn’t appear to immediately open up any locked doors. Could have saved some effort in the past, but that’s all right.

lmao. So it goes with the fan editing game…

The same thing will probably happen if deleted scenes ever got released for this movie.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Jar Jar Bricks said:

Do people seriously hate Hayden this much? Lol.

No, about 50% of this thread by post is suggestions for changing things for the sake of changing things.
I think the current version should be called done & if the myraid collection of pending things that never seem to inch to completion are ever finished then re-do it and give us a pleasant surprise.
The litany of needless minutiae being beaten into the ground is incredibly tedious.

Author
Time

I’ll check it out when I get the chance! I still have to bundle up my current files etc for some other people to play around with, I just haven’t had the chance yet. Oof.

“It’s like rhymetry. They poem.” - Leorge Gucas

TROS Novelisation: The Faraday Edit, The Last Jedi: Stoic Edition, Revenge of the Sith: The Faraday Nudge, ROTS Ultracut: Order 66, Godzilla Vs Megalon, Godzilla Vs Gigan, The Light Rises, Faraday Junior’s Star Wars

Author
Time

I think the project has certainly passed the ‘biting off’ phase and in ‘chewing’ mode approaching swallowing.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The new LEGO Star Wars Halloween special has a ‘canon’ appearance for ST-era Vader’s castle. Maybe someone wants to try to transplant some features of this onto the biomes shot or the Rogue One shot. After all, I know what this project really needs is to take on even more difficult VFX work 😉

Maybe skip the sign though.