Sign In

The Rise of Skywalker: Ascendant (Released) — Page 561

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

Oh, we’re absolutely going with “I am a Jedi” as opposed to no one.

Lol wut? 😮

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time

CaptainFaraday said:

The dialogue in my clip has been altered from the version Sherlock posted; I mixed together the phrase “am a Jedi” from a few different sources, but in blending the phonemes to get the word “am”, there’s a slight hum from the crossfade which is unavoidable (it’s simply a side-effect of how blending separate pieces of audio works). I hoped the lightsaber hum would be enough to render it unnoticeable.

Here it is without the lightsaber.

This is perfect to my ears.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

sherlockpotter said:

It’s definitely very good (I asked Cap to send me his original audio so that I can mix it into a new version I’m working on), but there’s still some noticeable audio distortion happening on the seam between “am” and “a”. Maybe I’m just hyper-aware when it comes to this line, but it’s definitely there. It almost sounds…I dunno, a little “Donald Duck”-y for a split second?

That said, it’s still very impressive work. I know first-hand how much of a nightmare this line is - the tone of voice, the speed of delivery, the mushiness of the phonemes… none of it lends itself well to editing. I’m hoping that combining both of our clips will make the line just about perfect.

It’s great, absolutely incredible work, but I agree. It’s not 10000% yet; I hear the augmented sounding distortion to it. I’m excited to see what this combination can accomplish.

Save the Sebastian Shaw Ghost! Save the dream…!

Author
Time

Wow that latest one sounds almost flawless to me (though granted I’m not a native speaker). I’m interested in seeing how this version would sound next to the lightsaber sound placed after the line delivery.

Author
Time

CamSMurph said:

Hal 9000 said:

Oh, we’re absolutely going with “I am a Jedi” as opposed to no one.

Lol wut? 😮

What are you talking about? It’s what we’ve been working on for dozens of pages.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

BrotherOfSasquatch said:

CaptainFaraday said:

The dialogue in my clip has been altered from the version Sherlock posted; I mixed together the phrase “am a Jedi” from a few different sources, but in blending the phonemes to get the word “am”, there’s a slight hum from the crossfade which is unavoidable (it’s simply a side-effect of how blending separate pieces of audio works). I hoped the lightsaber hum would be enough to render it unnoticeable.

Here it is without the lightsaber.

This is perfect to my ears.

To me as well; impressive work. Seems the project is near to completion now, according to what is left to be needed 😃

« Sie sind das Essen… wir sind die Jäger! »

Author
Time

Jar Jar Bricks said:

He probs got confused because you didn’t put quotes around “No one”. I think the moment works better with her declaration of being a Jedi as well.

I retract my previous statement, then. “I am a Jedi” works perfectly fine. With a little more fine-tuning, it’ll be pitch perfect and serve as a much grander ending to the saga overall. That, and the Phantom Four. 😃

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time

CaptainFaraday said:

The dialogue in my clip has been altered from the version Sherlock posted; I mixed together the phrase “am a Jedi” from a few different sources, but in blending the phonemes to get the word “am”, there’s a slight hum from the crossfade which is unavoidable (it’s simply a side-effect of how blending separate pieces of audio works). I hoped the lightsaber hum would be enough to render it unnoticeable.

Here it is without the lightsaber.

Sounds amazing Captain 👌👍

Author
Time

Thank you for the kind words! Keep in mind that Sherlock did most of the work; I just came along and replaced a couple of the words.

I’ve got to find the time to send all my audio for it back to him so he can have another look over it but I just haven’t had the opportunity yet.

“It’s like rhymetry. They poem.” - Leorge Gucas

The Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition by Rae Carson: The Faraday Edit, The Last Jedi: Stoic Edition, Revenge of the Sith: The Faraday Nudge, ROTS Ultracut: Order 66, Godzilla Vs Megalon, The Light Rises, Faraday Junior’s Star Wars

Author
Time

HAL, quick question: will you be removing or retaining C-3PO’s memory restoration in the film?

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”
-Sheev Palpatine, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (2005)

Author
Time

The only thing I’m doing is to remove Finn’s line about R2 backing up his memory, so that it isn’t completely undermined before it even happens.

I like the idea from DOTF for R2 to tell 3PO about everything he had forgotten, though. But we don’t have the resources to cobble anything satisfactory to imitate it.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

It would be a cool tie in to the prequels if R2 restored his memory from before his mind was wiped in ROTS. You could have him mumbling character names from the prequels as his memory is being uploaded…

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

The only thing I’m doing is to remove Finn’s line about R2 backing up his memory, so that it isn’t completely undermined before it even happens.

I like the idea from DOTF for R2 to tell 3PO about everything he had forgotten, though. But we don’t have the resources to cobble anything satisfactory to imitate it.

I think we would need to implement it as some kind of quick sequence of the Saga flashbacks. Though, I dunno if that’s doable.

Author
Time

That feels like it’d be too much. Just watch the D23 trailer to get that experience 😄… It’s too much of a fourth wall break.

Save the Sebastian Shaw Ghost! Save the dream…!

Author
Time

If he has his prequel memories this whole time why wouldn’t he restore them before?

If the sort of montage we could create was what was in the movie I’d have rolled my eyes.

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Maybe R2 doesn’t want C-3PO to have an annoying freak out from how terrifying the events of the prequels would be to him? 😅

Save the Sebastian Shaw Ghost! Save the dream…!

Author
Time

I found a film that Sebastian Shaw was in called “The Weather in the Streets.” I don’t know if there is enough good footage for close-up shots for jonh to use if he’s making a version of the Force ghost sequence with Shaw, but it could be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2mNK2tL_4

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time

Master Lawdog said:

I found a film that Sebastian Shaw was in called “The Weather in the Streets.” I don’t know if there is enough good footage for close-up shots for jonh to use if he’s making a version of the Force ghost sequence with Shaw, but it could be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2mNK2tL_4

Skimming through I only found 1 short scene of a mustachioed Shaw lying in a bed. So probably not the best choice for source footage. I’ve gone digging for good shots of Sebastian Shaw before, and I haven’t found any that fit the bill unfortunately. Another option is to manipulate an image like what jonh did for Obi-wan (iirc), but there aren’t many good still images of Shaw available either.

“Always in motion is the future”

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

The only thing I’m doing is to remove Finn’s line about R2 backing up his memory, so that it isn’t completely undermined before it even happens.

Definitely best to not mess with it any more than this, IMO. The line just spoils how this little plot is resolved on its own, but having the memory stay gone gives both the film and the character a severely un-earned sense of self-importance.

Watch Adventure Time

Author
Time

DMC said:

Master Lawdog said:

I found a film that Sebastian Shaw was in called “The Weather in the Streets.” I don’t know if there is enough good footage for close-up shots for jonh to use if he’s making a version of the Force ghost sequence with Shaw, but it could be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh2mNK2tL_4

Skimming through I only found 1 short scene of a mustachioed Shaw lying in a bed. So probably not the best choice for source footage. I’ve gone digging for good shots of Sebastian Shaw before, and I haven’t found any that fit the bill unfortunately. Another option is to manipulate an image like what jonh did for Obi-wan (iirc), but there aren’t many good still images of Shaw available either.

I’ll see what I can find of old Sebastian Shaw images.

The name’s Lawson. Noah Lawson.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Even if we end up without any suitable shots of Sebastian Shaw, combing through his later filmography may still yield worthwhile results if we can highlight a few Jedi-ish phrases/words from him?

If it’s seamless enough, adding Shaw to the Jedi Voices scene could be a great little detail to have woven between the established Hayden Christensen lines, à la Obi-Wan’s dual-actor portrayal during the same moment.

Author
Time

It’s kind of incredible how little footage and how few images there are of Sebastian Shaw out there, considering he was a well established actor of stage and screen and also played arguably one of the most significant characters in modern film.

“It’s like rhymetry. They poem.” - Leorge Gucas

The Rise of Skywalker Expanded Edition by Rae Carson: The Faraday Edit, The Last Jedi: Stoic Edition, Revenge of the Sith: The Faraday Nudge, ROTS Ultracut: Order 66, Godzilla Vs Megalon, The Light Rises, Faraday Junior’s Star Wars