To show how much I love y’all:
No sound, for even my love has limits. And I don’t have a good source 😉
Anyway, there’s no second establishing shot since I’m not sure if it can be made dark enough for these scenes.
The fireside chat is just about as dark as it will get, methinks, and the light entering the hut is slightly brighter to give more of a gradient into morning.
Daammmnnn Neverar, those early shots look fantastic. I was actually playing around with it myself, to see if I could make the scene any more “Night-y”; but you managed the orange mask on Rey way better than I did.
There were still a couple of things that I wanted to try though. I used Neverar’s edit as the base, and left their early bonfire shots as is. Additionally:
- Tried to make the original establishing shot match the nighttime tone. (Moved Neverar’s new establishing shot back to its original spot.)
- The Fireside Chat still seemed too bright to me, especially since the Hut Scene seemed darker in comparison. I’ve tried to go through and darken it up a bit.
- After darkening, I tracked a light mask around Luke in all of his shots. It just felt like, against the darkness, his Force Ghost-ness should shine extra bright to me.
- Also increased the relative brightness around the fire during their chat.
- Finally, I experimented with a purple hue during sunrise, to symbolize Leia('s (new) lightsaber). Thus, Rey “feels” both of her masters supporting her. Also, as the X-Wing rises, the sky starts adding pinks and oranges into the mix. The coloring would have to be cleaned up more though before release.
During the flashback, I also replaced the Blue Leia lightsaber with the Ascendant Purple Leia lightsaber, without further color corrections. I like the purple; what can I say?