Sign In

The Prequel Trilogy Revised - concept trailers released (WIP) — Page 13

Author
Time

This looks and sounds amazing mate. Nice 1 😃

Author
Time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hn6TZ73PDu4gclfIgRnG4k7eJP_LlZ0p/view

Updated the link so this is the 3rd quick attempt. Same clip, just added in explosion, flares, turned off the engine glow that came with it (ill figure something else out), and did a quick lighting adjustment. Still super rough and crude, just me playing around with my first day on the software

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time


Episode I - Original

Episode I Revised- Replaced Moon. Original ships

Episode I Revised - Completely new scene. 3d model ship composite test. (Aside from the ship design being off, and ship color needing to be a more orange yellow and more saturated. Along with R2 droids blue needing to be lighter. Most of the composting, levels, exposure etc i think look good.)

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

It definitely wouldn’t look out of place in the movie!

One thing I’ll recommend/request, given that you’re going the CG route, is that you base as much of your CG elements like glows, monitor graphics, etc, on OT and ST sources, because the PT deviates a little far from the established aesthetic. I’m not talking anything radical about ship design or anything, but I feel like these movies should feel ‘Star Wars’ standard as opposed to ‘modern scifi’ standard.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

EddieDean said:

It definitely wouldn’t look out of place in the movie!

One thing I’ll recommend/request, given that you’re going the CG route, is that you base as much of your CG elements like glows, monitor graphics, etc, on OT and ST sources, because the PT deviates a little far from the established aesthetic. I’m not talking anything radical about ship design or anything, but I feel like these movies should feel ‘Star Wars’ standard as opposed to ‘modern scifi’ standard.

IF you could give me some more detail that would help. I think the Ot and St look quite different imo. I think Rogue One and Mandalorian are much closer in aesthetic and tone. The ST, imo brought them much more into the modern scifi standard.

I was planning to make what ever edits i did with the cg ships, look like the ones they filmed for the PT. Anything else would require redesigning the ships, and replacing original shots. Best i was going to do was to make the ships in ROS look more like the originals in coloring, as those ships resemble them in design.

This shot and test is just about getting the Cg ships to look like the model ones they filmed though.

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

If you’re capable of this, I’d love to see what you could do with the battle of Exegol. It was visually crowded and way too short, so any extra shots would be beneficial.

You’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Am I making Carrie Fisher’s ghost proud?”
Well, are ya, punk?

Author
Time

Ed Slushie said:

If you’re capable of this, I’d love to see what you could do with the battle of Exegol. It was visually crowded and way too short, so any extra shots would be beneficial.

Still working at getting comfortable with the 3d stuff and compositing but if i can get a couple new shots done for my edit that have the forums approval, then i would be down to try and get some scenes done. I was recently asked in message about a scene to do with Exegol, and would love to be able to do something that holds up. Just need to get an idea of what shots are wanted, whether by story board or just written description. I also need to find good models of which ever ships would be needed. Im not yet at the point where im building my own models yet, thats the next hump to get over. Once i get over building my own models, then i can get way more complex with any scenes.

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

TheAlaskanSandman said:

EddieDean said:

It definitely wouldn’t look out of place in the movie!

One thing I’ll recommend/request, given that you’re going the CG route, is that you base as much of your CG elements like glows, monitor graphics, etc, on OT and ST sources, because the PT deviates a little far from the established aesthetic. I’m not talking anything radical about ship design or anything, but I feel like these movies should feel ‘Star Wars’ standard as opposed to ‘modern scifi’ standard.

IF you could give me some more detail that would help. I think the Ot and St look quite different imo. I think Rogue One and Mandalorian are much closer in aesthetic and tone. The ST, imo brought them much more into the modern scifi standard.

I was planning to make what ever edits i did with the cg ships, look like the ones they filmed for the PT. Anything else would require redesigning the ships, and replacing original shots. Best i was going to do was to make the ships in ROS look more like the originals in coloring, as those ships resemble them in design.

This shot and test is just about getting the Cg ships to look like the model ones they filmed though.

Yeah, to be fair, my comment wasn’t very helpful. I think I’m mainly reacting to the fact that your ship looks GREAT, and all the colouring is fantastic, but to my eye the moon and the thrusters on the ship look maybe a little ‘too sharp’? Too good? It’s hard to put my finger on, sorry.

Author
Time

EddieDean said:

TheAlaskanSandman said:

EddieDean said:

It definitely wouldn’t look out of place in the movie!

One thing I’ll recommend/request, given that you’re going the CG route, is that you base as much of your CG elements like glows, monitor graphics, etc, on OT and ST sources, because the PT deviates a little far from the established aesthetic. I’m not talking anything radical about ship design or anything, but I feel like these movies should feel ‘Star Wars’ standard as opposed to ‘modern scifi’ standard.

IF you could give me some more detail that would help. I think the Ot and St look quite different imo. I think Rogue One and Mandalorian are much closer in aesthetic and tone. The ST, imo brought them much more into the modern scifi standard.

I was planning to make what ever edits i did with the cg ships, look like the ones they filmed for the PT. Anything else would require redesigning the ships, and replacing original shots. Best i was going to do was to make the ships in ROS look more like the originals in coloring, as those ships resemble them in design.

This shot and test is just about getting the Cg ships to look like the model ones they filmed though.

Yeah, to be fair, my comment wasn’t very helpful. I think I’m mainly reacting to the fact that your ship looks GREAT, and all the colouring is fantastic, but to my eye the moon and the thrusters on the ship look maybe a little ‘too sharp’? Too good? It’s hard to put my finger on, sorry.

Well the thruster def need to be toned down or something in the completely new scene. The moon was meant to be better than the moon they used in TPM originally, as on a big screen, it looks like bad video game cgi. Ill try to get the planets looking more like the Original movies aesthetics if i can though.

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Very interesting project and I quite like your synopsis.
What is your idea to remove Anakin as Vader?
Regarding cut out Yoda,I don’t think it works. Maybe the puppet is not ideal, but good enough I think. Your point „he is too old to fight“ in the comics or in Clone wars animated I think, there is a explanation: he is using the force to have the ability to fight, making his body more resilient.

Love your visual improvements!

Author
Time

CMMAP said:

Very interesting project and I quite like your synopsis.
What is your idea to remove Anakin as Vader?
Regarding cut out Yoda,I don’t think it works. Maybe the puppet is not ideal, but good enough I think. Your point „he is too old to fight“ in the comics or in Clone wars animated I think, there is a explanation: he is using the force to have the ability to fight, making his body more resilient.

Love your visual improvements!

THank you! I still need to change the list but i was convinced to keep Yoda. Anakins transformation will be there too except for one Alt cut im doing later. (Meant to follow Adywan’s revisited plans for Prequels).

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

About which idea from aydwan regarding Anakin you talking about?
I am always between keep anakin, his last shot - vader mask coming down and breath - and removing him completely as I like the thought of someone who doesn’t know who Vader is to get the surprise at the same time as Luke in the movie.
But then wonderful and chilling scenes like Ashoka vs Vader in rebels would be obsolete.

Author
Time

CMMAP said:

About which idea from aydwan regarding Anakin you talking about?
I am always between keep anakin, his last shot - vader mask coming down and breath - and removing him completely as I like the thought of someone who doesn’t know who Vader is to get the surprise at the same time as Luke in the movie.
But then wonderful and chilling scenes like Ashoka vs Vader in rebels would be obsolete.

Basically that. In the version Ady planned on doing, you wouldn’t see Anakin become Vader.

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DYXClJjB2VzkdhqqPwdpsv47BMceznCD/view

Lots to do but a look at some updates. Diplomatic tv, de-aged Dooku at council and pyre, added saber flicker to all sabers, Sidious and the younglings, and changed saber clash look. Still experimenting with color grading on various scenes, like ATOC arena (trying to get a more natural look, but also trying to bring out the darker tones other than just upping the black levels.). I also added a glow to sith eyes and experimenting with a build up of energy in Old Seev before he fires his lightening. Also greyed his skin some and sharpened his wrinkles some. Not really working on the other two right now, just scenes that appear in the trailer for conceptual purposes.

Im doing a lot of research and learning for the 3d modeling so in the mean time im doing other things that i can in After Effects. Some things im doing is re-doing some mask. Did a more detailed rotobrush on Dooku scenes during pyre and council, and also on Sidious and his hand when he visits younglings. This allows me to get a better pull on finer detail like hair and such along with detail on ships and other things. It doesn’t like dark areas so much but a combination of Rotobrushing, masking, and Mocha Ae is allowing for some crisper pulls.

Thank you for everyones interest, patience, input, ideas, and critique.

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

Awesome work on the trailer! Having the political debate on the screens is a brilliant idea.

Author
Time

thebluefrog said:

Awesome work on the trailer! Having the political debate on the screens is a brilliant idea.

Thankyou! I still wanna smooth out some stuff and find appropriate alien text for the screens (Other than or along with english script saying Corusant 9 News). I want to get more creative and extensive with it in the next two movies as the war ramps up. I think its a good way to make use of the deleted scene from ATOC where Padame addresses the senate over the assassination attempt. I want to figure out some more propaganda based ones too.

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

TheAlaskanSandman said:

thebluefrog said:

Awesome work on the trailer! Having the political debate on the screens is a brilliant idea.

Thankyou! I still wanna smooth out some stuff and find appropriate alien text for the screens (Other than or along with english script saying Corusant 9 News). I want to get more creative and extensive with it in the next two movies as the war ramps up. I think its a good way to make use of the deleted scene from ATOC where Padame addresses the senate over the assassination attempt. I want to figure out some more propaganda based ones too.

That’s a great idea too.

Mind if I use it for some sequel edits too? The concept of using screens for exposition is a good one.