Prequels Revised Trailer - Music mix by Samuel Kim
Episode I Trailer 2
(Music from Solo Trailer)
These are the concept trailers for my Prequels Revised Trilogy. I hope to balance the movies both in the editing, but also the visual effects.
Scenes like Anakin’s approach to the Jedi temple look way to digital and smooth, so i’ve added more texture to these scenes.
Scenes like the Attack of Theed or Escape of Naboo are turned into more of a battle, with stakes. This also helps make the movies “Faster, and more intense”.
MACE FIGHTS SIDIOUS ALONE. The other jedi were near useless and it makes Windu more the awesome jedi he’s supposed to be.
Recoloring Federation ships to resemble Empire Ships more.
I have really enjoyed every one’s edits but hoped for a little more visual cohesion. Like the fact the lightsabers don’t look the same between ep I to Ep III. Padame’s light up dress having its chord showing. Lightsabers passing through body parts when they shouldn’t. Shadows facing the wrong direction (TPM). Stunt actors or stand in’s like Mace at end of TPM being removed with proper actors face placed over. And as many changes as possible. Mimmicking somethings done by previous edits, like new voice dubs to aliens and droids, using deleted scenes, removing all metachlorine talk, etc. And any other possible changes i can think of or pull off. Somethings i would like to do are a little ambitions, so we will see if i can pull them all off or not. (I do not have the ability to film new scenes like Adywan. At least not presently).
I do appreciate any feed back or ideas. This is meant for enjoyment by all, so im open to ideas.
https://www.youtube.com/user/samuelkimmusic - Link to Samuel Kim’s youtube page
PREQUEL EDITS ALL MOVIES ARE GETTING
- New engine glow to all ships
- Re-rotoscoping all laser fire, muzzle flashes, blaster hits, Droid eyes, Lightsabers, and Lightsaber clashes.
- No Midi-Chlorians
- No cheesy dialogue
- Would like to cut Yoda from Prequels altogether. Maybe some work, but the right thing i think. Preserves ESB, and he’s too old to realistically fight. Plus the Cgi doesn’t match puppet yoda. Its better that he’s something older and mysterious, who Obi goes to after the fall of the Jedi for help.
- Redubbing audio for aliens and some droids. Replacing with subtitles.
- Improving lightsaber clashes with sparks and puffs of smoke/steam that sometimes follows the blade after extreme hits. Also sparks and steam when blocking laser fire.
- Color correcting the movies and the adding grain to them.
- Removing any connection between the Federation and Sidious. Untill Sidious sends Anakin to kill them in ROTS. Some hits are still there through their connection to Dooku, but itll all be less on the nose.
- Masking out backgrounds from foregrounds to give slight blurs to some of them, to give the effect of a long lens. So that every shot, the background isn’t in complete sharp clarity. watch any movie, this is not how the back ground looks a lot of times. Ep II and III and the biggest offenders. \
- Try to remove as much of R2 and 3PO as possible. At least anything that identifies them as those characters. Like people calling them by name or what ever. I don’t want anything that clashes with the original movies.
EP. I THE PHANTOM MENACE EDITS
- New lights around bay doors of Federation doughnut. Along with re-rotoscoping lights in shuttle bay.
- Masked out exterior of shuttle bay door and color corrected shuttle bay separate of background.
- Redoing some of the lighting and texturing of Jar Jar for the shots he does appear in.
- Recoloring underwater scenes of Otah Gunga
- Masking out background from foreground in Otah Gunga so interior is lit different than out of their bubbles.
- Qui-Gon warns Gun Gun’s of invading army who vow to meet this invasion head on. Giving Qui-gon transportation to get to the Queen.
- Field battle of Gun Gun’s vs Droids begins shortly after Qui-gon leaves.
- After their victory over the Gun Gun’s the Droids progress on to Theed where they begin their invasion/ Assault. Where it will be an actual assault on the city with destruction.
- Use some scenes of the Tanks lining up and firing that are cut from the Gun Gun field battle.
-Create scenes of those blast hitting buildings.
- Created scene of federation ships doing fly by bombing on the city. Created using behind the scene photos of Theed, a new sky back ground, new explosion effects, rubble effects, lighting, and a camera pan added to shot.
- Created shot of destruction from the ground angle using photos of Theed from behind the scenes shots. Along with people running on greens screen, rubble, explosions, smoke and dirt debris, along with lighting effects.
- Create day shot of federation ships swooping around against the blue sky, with a camera pan to follow along with clouds added in over with a sun.
- A dog fight in the skies ensues between the Federation and the Theed pilots, while on the ground the Droids begin to invade the city. The pilots and ground troops are destroyed and the city is taken. Reusing many shots from other parts of the movie and masking them out, flipping the shots around. Adding in a blue sky and clouds over top that they are flying through.
- Interior shots of the pilots using unused shots from later in the film. Masked out against a moving blue sky with clouds. Light artifacts were added for when the ship turns into the sunlight. Fingerprint smudges and dried water marks were added to create a ship dome along with some other lighting effects like a white frosted border effects. (Like on a photo but white instead of black border fade.) Scenes were also adjusted for lighting, and photo filters added to match the blue of the day.
- Qui-gon rescues the Queen and they take off in their ships. The Queen flanked by her squadron. They are trying to protect her so that she may escape, and all perish but are successful in that the queen escapes.
- Camera shake added to the Queens ships interior views when being struck by blast. Also added in red flashing emergency lights to indicate trouble and shield failure, along with it going blue after repair.
- Would like to redo the planet of Naboo, with one that shows slight city lights of a some one advanced planet.
- Would like to create new establishing shots of Maul on Mustafar leaving for Coruscant. So we get just a little more time with him.
- Redo balcony scene with Maul and Sidious, replacing the bad cgi background with one from ROTS. Adding in rain and lightening along with re-animating ships into the background and fore ground. Mist added too
- Recut some of Anakins introduction talk with Padame so he seems less cheesy and more an ace.
- Include deleted scenes of podrace, and of Qui-gon discovering Maul’s probe droid. Trying to replace as many elements as possible with other higher res ones, for the ground, sky, and what ever else i can.
- Fix the light wrap on Qui-gon during council scene. Also mask out background city from foreground council and color corrected independently.
- Attempting to add Dooku into TPM.
- Redoing the sunset scene with Obi and Qui-gon to something more natural. Sky looks to digital now. Everything looked so much better on vhs compared to 1080p sadly. It hid the bad flat cgi.
- Cutting the long pause of Obiwan hanging there in the tunnel with Maul staring at him funny before he force pulls the saber and jumps. It all happens quicker and more fluid now.
- Cutting Quigon getting stopped by the shield wall. Only Obiwan will get trapped by it, forcing him to watch Qui-gon die.
ATTACK OF THE CLONES
- Add new lighting to Kamino Clone station along with particles in the air and a blur to focus effect when shot begins and as ship comes into frame.
(A lot of thought for how to fix these movies is being given. This movie needs more than any other movie imo)
- Try to remove Padame becoming a Senator, and have her remain a Queen. So Princess Leiah makes sense.
REVENGE OF THE SITH
- Mace faces Sidious alone. Roto-scope out just Mace after creating a new back ground plate.
- Raining during scene of Obiwan revealing to Padame Anakins evil.
- Redo Temple walk up with autumn leaves blowing (Symbolizes the death of summer and coming of Winter/Death). Also add cracks and new textures like rust stains coming off statues.
- Re-colorize Republic ships to look more like Imperial Ships
- Probably cut the birth of the twins entirely. Last we see of Padame is Obiwan leaving Mustafar with her.
- Removing Anakin being named and called Vader by anyone. Also remove showing him becoming Vader. Last we see of him is Obiwan leaving him. Not even the Emperor saving him. We’ll just see Darth Vader appear as the Emperors new apprentice staring off at the Death Star being built. Anakin was just as disposable to the Emperor as Maul and Dooku.
-Removing Palpatine encouraging Anakin to cut Dooku’s head off. Anakin takes his hands off and as soon as he catches Dooku’s saber, he brings it down, taking off his head. Leaving Palpating to comfort him in his actions. (In the version meant to match Adywan’s. Not in the main Revised Version or Purist Cut.
- Modifying Anakins dreams to show him leaving his mother, finding his mother, and her dying, along with Padame dying.
-Probably cutting Kashik scenes largely. Don’t like Chewie forced into things, don’t like Yoda being spoiled in the trilogies etc. The core plot as i see it wraps around Obiwan story and Anakin’s story.