Sign In

The Prequel Radical Redux Ideas Thread — Page 341

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yeah it’s the one before Anakin’s fall. Seams like there’s a lot that we haven’t seen from the prequels, deleted scene wise.

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

idir_hh said:

Yeah it’s the one before Anakin’s fall. Seams like there’s a lot that we haven’t seen from the prequels, deleted scene wise.

I wish the “6 hour cut” of Phantom Menace was actually real.

Author
Time

idir_hh said:

I saw a snippet in the doco of a deleted scene between Obi and Padme talking at her apartment before Anakin arrived. Does it exist somewhere and do we know what they talked about?

TK is correct. Obi-Wan comes to see Padmé, and Padmé quickly realizes something is troubling him, which makes Obi-Wan say that she should be a Jedi because how good her intuition is. He says he is worried about Anakin, and Padmé says she is worried about him too. Obi-Wan also tells Padmé that he knows about their relationship and that he cares about them both (lining up with Padmé telling Anakin that Obi-Wan cares about them later in the movie). At this point he doesn’t ask about the baby, but if this scene had been included, Obi-Wan asking Padmé if Anakin is the father later on in the movie would have felt like a more obvious progression.

Unfortunately, this deleted scene has never included in any bonus disc. Only images and behind the scenes glimpses of the scene being filmed have ever been revealed.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

That would have been great to see, showing that Obi Wan knew all this time that Anakin was with Padme would have further enriched their character dynamic.

Edit: here’s the dialogue from the novelisation.
https://youtu.be/H4_ptlf8CbQ

Peace is a lie
There is only passion…

Author
Time

I had an overly complex and hilariously ambitious idea on how to fix Anakin before and during the final battle with Obi-Wan. But let me point out my thoughts 😛

Restructure the end of ROTS, so that after Obi-Wan went to ask Padmé for help in is quest to duel Anakin, 3PO contacts him during the night, because Padmé was poisoned. Obi and 3PO fly her to Mustafar, where the early Rebel alliance has been formed (note, the separatist were sent elsewhere). After their arrival the medical droid attest that she has been poisoned and that they have to operate quickly to save the babies (cut Yoda and R2s presence).
After the birth of the twins, Anakin shows up and confronts Obi-Wan, during their fight we see the Tantive IV leave, Obi-Wan follows soon after.

This way Anakin would have an actual reason to fight Obi-Wan, who denies him to see his dying wife and new born children and it would explain his hate against the jedi and show the manipulative nature of his relationship to Paladine: Although it seems unreasonable for the jedi to kill Padmé, it is the only thing that Anakin can allow himself to believe. Because otherwise Palpatine, the only other person involved with this whole mess, needs to be responsible, but that would mean that there is no way of getting her back, which Vader does not dare to believe.

P.S.: Although many of these switches seems impossible to pull off, I have managed to both change Polis Mesa to Mustafar and create an alternate beginning for the duel.
The only thing still missing is 3PO informing Obi-Wan, haven’t got an idea yet, maybe I could use some footage from the assassination attempt from AOTC, idk… Anyways I would be very grateful for any help or response in general, stay safe to you all, I appreciate anybody who took the time to read 😄

Threadslayer

Author
Time

I was wondering if, with all the face swap software becoming more common place, it’s possible to swap out McGregor’s face for Christensen’s in TPM. That way some footage could perhaps be used as a flashback or to give an adult Anakin some sort of role in the first episode. It would be tricky to pull off, but you could have Anakin fight Maul and use that to show off his prowess (and inner darkness).

Author
Time

SilverKey said:

I was wondering if, with all the face swap software becoming more common place, it’s possible to swap out McGregor’s face for Christensen’s in TPM. That way some footage could perhaps be used as a flashback or to give an adult Anakin some sort of role in the first episode. It would be tricky to pull off, but you could have Anakin fight Maul and use that to show off his prowess (and inner darkness).

This is a really cool idea!

Prequel Fan-Edit thread: http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Yet-another-series-of-prequel-edits/id/17329

Author
Time

TheAlaskanSandman said:

thebluefrog said:

TheAlaskanSandman said:

Id enjoy seeing an R rated Star Wars. Itd be a pain with all the blood simulation but i think id be pretty cool. As a kid i always liked the blood in ANH and wondered why they did away with it in the other movies. Corridor crew did some small quick vids but they were more on the ridiculous side. I later understood that the wounds were being cauterized but still. I miss the bombastic squids used in the 80’s like in Robocop haha

You know, I actually had an idea for an R-rated Star Wars, complete with sex and nudity. It’d be doable with some actors’ other works and deepfaking.

However, we have to be honest, the SW community is extremely immature and conservative about sexual material, so it would be negatively received (in public) and get a lot of spiteful attempts to stop it.

Too bad, there’s enough source material out there to make it work…maybe I should take another crack at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0OLUOwLSa35g6ytyyO9ZDmz0x_bLFYr/view Quick mock up. No nudity tho

Probably NSFW to click on.

This is awesome. Not sure why the hate, as I thought the nudity was very tastefully edited out to make it fit in with the saga. I’ve been interested in fan edits that aim to portray a more physical and less whiny relationship between Anakin and Padme, but it’s always felt like the scenes in the movie lack the punch to get across their intimacy. This is the edge their relationship needed. It also underscores the temptation element that would have made Palpatine want to pair them together in the first place. Great idea using it as a segue into Anakin’s nightmare, especially with the lighting on the sex scene already giving it a dreamy quality. I’d love to see where this could go with some more work, though I honestly can’t think this could be improved.

Author
Time

ifjg said:

TheAlaskanSandman said:

thebluefrog said:

TheAlaskanSandman said:

Id enjoy seeing an R rated Star Wars. Itd be a pain with all the blood simulation but i think id be pretty cool. As a kid i always liked the blood in ANH and wondered why they did away with it in the other movies. Corridor crew did some small quick vids but they were more on the ridiculous side. I later understood that the wounds were being cauterized but still. I miss the bombastic squids used in the 80’s like in Robocop haha

You know, I actually had an idea for an R-rated Star Wars, complete with sex and nudity. It’d be doable with some actors’ other works and deepfaking.

However, we have to be honest, the SW community is extremely immature and conservative about sexual material, so it would be negatively received (in public) and get a lot of spiteful attempts to stop it.

Too bad, there’s enough source material out there to make it work…maybe I should take another crack at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0OLUOwLSa35g6ytyyO9ZDmz0x_bLFYr/view Quick mock up. No nudity tho

Probably NSFW to click on.

This is awesome. Not sure why the hate, as I thought the nudity was very tastefully edited out to make it fit in with the saga.

Divergent Universes
Dreams of a Randy Git-Fiend

Make Off Topic great again.

Author
Time

Pretty cool!

Well done. I will disengage self-destruct initiative.

Author
Time

Damn. I’m sure it would be a pain in the ass to apply that to an entire movie, but I could see how you can potentially transform a film into an entirely new experience.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello there!
I am new to this forum (although I have followed it for a while) and I wanted to share with you some images edited in FaceApp about what Alec Guinness and Sebastian Shaw would look like as Obi-Wan and Anakin in the prequels
I think that you could kind of “deepfake” those actors over the prequel ones using FaceApp and EbSynth (to de-age them and paste their faces over the keyframes)
Sorry about the bad english, it isn’t my main language

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ELAYEM said:

Hello there!
I am new to this forum (although I have followed it for a while) and I wanted to share with you some images edited in FaceApp about what Alec Guinness and Sebastian Shaw would look like as Obi-Wan and Anakin in the prequels
I think that you could kind of “deepfake” those actors over the prequel ones using FaceApp and EbSynth (to de-age them and paste their faces over the keyframes)
Sorry about the bad english, it isn’t my main language

This looks pretty good, but honestly, I don’t think deepfaking is necessary. It would be interesting to watch, but unlike say Ford vs Ehrenreich, Ewan and Hayden are more popular in the roles that Guinness and (especially) Shaw ever was. Each actor is also representing them at a very different age, so unlike Han the deepfaking isn’t really needed for continuity. I think it comes down to a matter of preference, and I expect a majority would find this not needed.

Still, it’s an impressive job making it seem as natural as it does.

Maul- A Star Wars Story

Author
Time

ifjg said:

TheAlaskanSandman said:

thebluefrog said:

TheAlaskanSandman said:

Id enjoy seeing an R rated Star Wars. Itd be a pain with all the blood simulation but i think id be pretty cool. As a kid i always liked the blood in ANH and wondered why they did away with it in the other movies. Corridor crew did some small quick vids but they were more on the ridiculous side. I later understood that the wounds were being cauterized but still. I miss the bombastic squids used in the 80’s like in Robocop haha

You know, I actually had an idea for an R-rated Star Wars, complete with sex and nudity. It’d be doable with some actors’ other works and deepfaking.

However, we have to be honest, the SW community is extremely immature and conservative about sexual material, so it would be negatively received (in public) and get a lot of spiteful attempts to stop it.

Too bad, there’s enough source material out there to make it work…maybe I should take another crack at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G0OLUOwLSa35g6ytyyO9ZDmz0x_bLFYr/view Quick mock up. No nudity tho

Probably NSFW to click on.

This is awesome. Not sure why the hate, as I thought the nudity was very tastefully edited out to make it fit in with the saga. I’ve been interested in fan edits that aim to portray a more physical and less whiny relationship between Anakin and Padme, but it’s always felt like the scenes in the movie lack the punch to get across their intimacy. This is the edge their relationship needed. It also underscores the temptation element that would have made Palpatine want to pair them together in the first place. Great idea using it as a segue into Anakin’s nightmare, especially with the lighting on the sex scene already giving it a dreamy quality. I’d love to see where this could go with some more work, though I honestly can’t think this could be improved.

Itll be sticking around 😃 I agree whole heartily, thank you

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ELAYEM said:

Hello there!
I am new to this forum (although I have followed it for a while) and I wanted to share with you some images edited in FaceApp about what Alec Guinness and Sebastian Shaw would look like as Obi-Wan and Anakin in the prequels
I think that you could kind of “deepfake” those actors over the prequel ones using FaceApp and EbSynth (to de-age them and paste their faces over the keyframes)
Sorry about the bad english, it isn’t my main language

That’s neat, but I’d honestly be more interested in McGregor over Guinness. Admittedly, Shaw over Christensen does look really good, though. Almost reminds me of John Barrowman.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Most photoshop jobs just show the actor when he was older, but I’d actually love to see a young Guinness deepfake. It would have the benefit of more closely matching McGregor’s appearance as well.

Young

JEDIT: Here’s my attempt:

McGregor Guinness

Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? - oojason
Episode 9 Rewrite THE SHATTERED SWORD (Complete!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

I’m glad you liked the edits for Anakin and Obi-Wan
I also tried to do a few more with other characters from the OT (some look better than others)
Sadly, the quality of the images isn’t the best




Author
Time

Yeah, except Qui-Gon’s, since he’s rebellious. It’s not so much about making Luke’s saber unique as it is being more aesthetically pleasing and thematically appropriate.

Author
Time

I like the idea that all pre-RotJ Jedi had blue lightsabers, but all post-RotJ Jedi had green lightsabers. It adds more depth to Return of the Jedi that the new lightsaber color means a new era of Jedi.

Death of the Author

Author
Time
 (Edited)

SparkySywer said:

I like the idea that all pre-RotJ Jedi had blue lightsabers, but all post-RotJ Jedi had green lightsabers. It adds more depth to Return of the Jedi that the new lightsaber color means a new era of Jedi.

I personally like blue for apprentices and Green for masters. So Obiwans saber in ROS and ANH is green in my personal versions. This works with the sequels as the only one with a green saber is master Luke. Ben, Rey and Leia were apprentices and use blue sabers

Edit- This thematically plays into different things too. Like Anakin never became a master (As the council denied him) so he only ever had a blue saber, where as his son Luke shows up with a green saber. Which along with the fact that Luke was even trained should irritate Vader as he was too old to be trained and denied being a master. Luke showing up in Rotj should not just irritate him, it should remind him of what he lost and passed on in his path following Sidious. Along with Luke saying “Im a Jedi like my father before me” are encouragement to his character as a person. That he can still do the right thing and still be a Jedi (even if only at heart).

Luke having Green in the sequels represents the masters and what Snoke, Sidious, and Kylo are trying to destroy. Along with what Rey is trying to become. Reys saber at the end of the Sequels (staff) should have been green. Imo

Edit edit- Though her yellow saber is appropriate too as mixing Green and Red light gives you yellow. So you could go either way their but i would go green and not imply shes imbuing the sith side with her jedi side. Which is why Mace should have green too.

Sorry, so many thoughts on this.

Obiwan’s saber being green in ROS and ANH makes more sense also for Lukes in ROTJ, as it looks just like his. Luke is now a jedi, and using a model similar to his masters. (Also luke is literally using the saber prop of Obi’s from ANH in all the scenes except 2 close up vanity shots)

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831