Sign In

The Prequel Radical Redux Ideas Thread — Page 332

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Anakin Starkiller said:

Anyone wanna try deepfaking a young Hayden Christensen onto Jake Lloyd to make for a smoother transition between films?

That sounds like a healthy 1% chance of success, 99% chance of horrible nightmare fuel.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

Yeah, and I actually think they already look similar enough.

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

NeverarGreat said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

Anyone wanna try deepfaking a young Hayden Christensen onto Jake Lloyd to make for a smoother transition between films?

That sounds like a healthy 1% chance of success, 99% chance of horrible nightmare fuel.

DEWIT

It’s not the Jedi way.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence. How could you be so naive? There is no escape. Come, lay down your weapons. It is not too late for my mercy.
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V3 Released!) and The Starlight Project (WORKPRINT RELEASED!)

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

DuracellEnergizer said:

NeverarGreat said:

Anakin Starkiller said:

Anyone wanna try deepfaking a young Hayden Christensen onto Jake Lloyd to make for a smoother transition between films?

That sounds like a healthy 1% chance of success, 99% chance of horrible nightmare fuel.

DEWIT

It’s not the Jedi way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVW6cdpEirU

Some one did Dicaprio

Muclunkey!
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-Prequel-Trilogy-Revised-Trailer/id/70831

Author
Time

Here’s an idea I had recently: We actually see Palpatine transfer Padme’s life energy into Vader, and this is what kills Padme.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Here’s an attempt to make Dooku’s character a little spookier? and more Count Dracula-like by using John Williams’s Dracula score.

I’ve also made a new establishing shot for Dooku’s tower thing.

https://vimeo.com/380800781

password: fanedit

I cut a lot of redundant and silly lines and tightened up the editing a lot.

JEDIT: it should also be noted that in my edit Dooku is telling the truth and isn’t working for Sidious.

I’m a girl!!!
Champions of the Force

Author
Time

This is really cool! This feel so different! The music is a little intense, but I really like the direction you’re going in.

Author
Time

CourtlyHades296 said:

Here’s an idea I had recently: We actually see Palpatine transfer Padme’s life energy into Vader, and this is what kills Padme.

This is an idea I floated a few years back. I saw ROTS again a week or so ago and it makes more sense now than it did them. How else does Sid Idios know she is dead? Similarly I thought that Anakin subdued by Vader is keeping Padme from passing onto the next life so she can appear as a ghost to Leia in the mode of Curse of the Cat People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6Dp2OfIT_M

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Kenobi: A Star Wars Story remains the best (imo) radical 3-in-one prequel take and probably the only way I’d revisit those films in the future. I think it would be great if someone else stepped in to give it a 1080p upgrade (the quality as it stands is curiously poor) and also reinsert Mace vs Sheeve, Anakin vs Padawans, and Anakin vs the Separatists on Mustafar to better flesh out his turn to the dark side.

This fan edit does some great things like reimages Maul as Darth Grevous and opens with the TPM’s Maul (now Darth Grevous) vs Qigon and Obi-Wan, and from there using almost exclusively what footage from AotC and RotS centers on Kenobi’s arc (arguably the strongest content throughout the prequels).

I’d go as far as saying that if given a few upgrades and tweaks this version would have made for a solid/superior one shot theatrical release as it tells a focused epic in under 2hrs.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’m considering removing Phantom Menace from my eventual trilogy and making it start with Attack of the Clones, but with flashbacks to important scenes.

I’m a girl!!!
Champions of the Force

Author
Time

Has anyone tried deepfaking OT puppet Yoda onto PT CGI Yoda? I wonder how that would look.

Author
Time

Well, I tried once something similar. Not with that software, but with simple masking of OT Yoda’s eyes over PT Yoda’s face.
A single image looks pretty good. The problem is of course movement.

Italian faneditor.

EDITS LIST:
CHOSEN ONE - A STAR WARS STORY (3-in-1 prequels).
Personal saga: I - SHADOW OF THE PAST. II - KEEPERS OF THE PEACE. III - RISE OF THE DARK SIDE. IV - THE SON OF SKYWALKER. VI - RETURN OF THE JEDI.
Just look for them in the forum, and PM me for links if interested.

Author
Time

I think until someone makes their own Yoda replica to puppet and composite into scenes we should just cut our losses, CGI on top of CGI to reduce the effects of CGI does not sound like it will bode well…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

RogueLeader said:

I have had a few random prequel thoughts recently…

Regarding AOTC, I have mentioned this idea before but I think one of the weirdest continuity issues between the PT and the OT is how Owen, Beru and Anakin are practically strangers when in the OT they seem to have had some kind of relationship. Yes, you could say, *“well Shmi told Owen and Beru all about Anakin and they felt like they knew him”. It just feels weird. Would it really be so weird if when Anakin and Padme go to Tatooine, they go straight to the Lars homestead? It has been 10 years since the Phantom Menace, and nothing in the movies really says that Anakin couldn’t have gone back to see his mother.

If you change the way 3PO greets them, make it like he actually recognizes them, and cut the introduction with the Lars family, there could be the implication that Anakin has been there before. Also, if you could find some Anthony Daniels dialogue where 3PO calls Padme their liberator or savior, you could get the idea across that Padme went back and freed Shmi right after TPM. Apparently in the new canon novel, Queen’s Shadow, she actually does go back to try and free her, but when she goes back she can’t find Shmi. (Why didn’t she just talk to Watto like Anakin did?). Again, I know this might be confusing for the audience, but it has been 10 years, and I think there would be enough for the audience to infer that things have just changed during that time and pick up on the context clues.

Another thought regarding ROTS, I’ve noticed that a lot of edits that cut out Yoda ever using his lightsaber seem to leave in the moment Yoda cuts the clones heads off. I can see how that might be okay since it is a very quick moment, but I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose if you’re wanting Yoda to never use a lightsaber at all. There may be an edit that does this, but if you wanted to remove that moment too, you could do something like this.

  • Have Yoda sense the beginning of the purge and drop his cane.
  • Next time we’re on Kashyyyk, have it be when the walkers are stomping around looking for Wookies at night, but change the dialogue to something like, “No sign of the Jedi, move to the east.”
  • Then, have Yoda’s escape pod scene (but maybe cut around Chewbacca…)

I think the idea would get across that Yoda just sense what was happening and got away before the clones got a chance to strike. Maybe this kind of edit would just not flow well, which is why it has never been done.

A while ago I tried and edit where all the Tattooine scenes are moved to the end of the movie, with Anakin remaining on Naboo fulfilling his duty as a Jedi, and regretting it later when after Geonosis he has some spare time, goes to Tattooine and finds out he’s arrived too late, thus having Vader’s fall be caused by repressing his love and attachment in the name of duty, and not the other way round, which is what we got today.

The eliptical timelapse implied is open, so he could have been and remained there with Padme for months. The movie would end with him departing to fight in the recently started Clone Wars, just as Owen in ANH implied, and living his wife alone in the planet.

Back then the VFX required to replace one of hayden’s hands with the mechanical arm was difficult to achieve, I think today would be doable.

EDIT: Somehow youtube authorized the video now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELBlXUMPew

Author
Time

It’s a really interesting idea. I don’t know about cutting out his actual attack on the Tuskens and Shmi’s only scene, and obviously there’s problems with Padme’s costume changes…but the kernel of the idea has potential.

Well, and the problem of she clearly doesn’t stay on Tatooine. That too.

Author
Time

Wow… Quiet in here since I came last.

Ahem…

The prequels are still horrible and need to be corrected.

As you were.

The artist formally known as MrBenja0618.

Author
Time

Now that the Saga is done I imagine we’ll start seeing more prequel edits in the coming years!