Sign In

The Mandalorian Episode 2 (WIP) - Season 2 SPOILERS — Page 2

Author
Time

OutboundFlight said:

I think we’re jumping the gun here. 9 and 10 can are nice filler episodes, but entirely irrelevant to the bigger picture. You can establish in the crawl that the Mandalorian is searching for others of his kind, and he is transporting a passenger to a planet in search of finding one. Then start with Episode 11.

Mando’s line in the cantina could be repurposed at some point to explain how he got Boba Fett’s armor. The only continuity issue is the ship being wrecked, but the Falcon’s hyperdrive got crummy between 4 and 5 so I don’t think that matters.

This is certainly what I’m leaning towards at the moment.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 1 - A Vergence in the Force

Author
Time

OutboundFlight said:

I think we’re jumping the gun here. 9 and 10 can are nice filler episodes, but entirely irrelevant to the bigger picture. You can establish in the crawl that the Mandalorian is searching for others of his kind, and he is transporting a passenger to a planet in search of finding one. Then start with Episode 11.

Mando’s line in the cantina could be repurposed at some point to explain how he got Boba Fett’s armor. The only continuity issue is the ship being wrecked, but the Falcon’s hyperdrive got crummy between 4 and 5 so I don’t think that matters.

Absolutely agree, even though I like the appearance of timothy olyphant very much

Author
Time

Chapter 9 is basically its own mini-movie. I also agree, as absolutely stellar as that episode is, including the Krayt dragon plot needlessly would harm this edit. Perhaps this occurred to you, but maybe you could at least hold off taking the Gunslinger dogfight from Vergence in the Force until season 2 has finished, just in case we get another dogfight you could use?

Really love that logo by the way.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think Chapter 11, with a few scenes from Chapter 10, might be the best starting point for the movie.

Also I think you should find a way to incorporate Chapter 5 and 9 together in the first movie. All you need is Din to have Boba’s armor.

Author
Time

For me, at this moment So far, the best aproach is to include most of the 1st ep, the beggining of the 2nd, and then transition to 3rd.for eg. they meet the NT patrol, the mando starts to escape, then some nice transition to him landing with His piece of junk on the water planet. It would suggest the obvious outcome of the meeting with the Xwings 😉 or do a transition from him saying it May go wrong without hyperspace goin, and then we See the wreckage of His ship landing 😅

Author
Time

szopman said:

For me, at this moment So far, the best aproach is to include most of the 1st ep, the beggining of the 2nd, and then transition to 3rd.for eg. they meet the NT patrol, the mando starts to escape, then some nice transition to him landing with His piece of junk on the water planet. It would suggest the obvious outcome of the meeting with the Xwings 😉 or do a transition from him saying it May go wrong without hyperspace goin, and then we See the wreckage of His ship landing 😅

I second this idea. It’ll add to the comedy the landing scene originally had.

Completed Edits: Star Wars- The Clone Wars I-VI

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Again, it’s still a bit early to tell what will be significant in further episodes.

Cool as Chapter 9 is, having Din find Boba’s armour in the crawl will likely work better in making this entire season a single film.

I do like the idea of going from the Chapter 10 conversation to him approaching Trask in Chapter 11. That’s a nice joke that lets it be ambiguous what all happened and enables Bo Katan to be the opening battle sequence (as most Star Wars films have an action set piece before the inciting incident, or as the inciting incident).

Author
Time

Hi! I have been watching this project and it’s predecessor for a while from the shadows. I think that if a voice actor could be found, the first act of the movie could flow like this; chapter 9 opening, replace the tatooine line with trask, or mon calamari. Then cut to an establishing shot of trask, and go on from the restaurant scene. You could then cut out any boba Fett stuff from the rest of the season and focus on the main story. I think this would work well for establishing what I think don’s arc in the season will be. Thanks!

Author
Time

natestarwarsfan122 said:

Hi! I have been watching this project and it’s predecessor for a while from the shadows. I think that if a voice actor could be found, the first act of the movie could flow like this; chapter 9 opening, replace the tatooine line with trask, or mon calamari. Then cut to an establishing shot of trask, and go on from the restaurant scene. You could then cut out any boba Fett stuff from the rest of the season and focus on the main story. I think this would work well for establishing what I think don’s arc in the season will be. Thanks!

*din’s arc

Author
Time
 (Edited)

natestarwarsfan122 said:

Hi! I have been watching this project and it’s predecessor for a while from the shadows. I think that if a voice actor could be found, the first act of the movie could flow like this; chapter 9 opening, replace the tatooine line with trask, or mon calamari. Then cut to an establishing shot of trask, and go on from the restaurant scene. You could then cut out any boba Fett stuff from the rest of the season and focus on the main story. I think this would work well for establishing what I think don’s arc in the season will be. Thanks!

It is an interesting idea, but it might be challenging getting around the broken ship (especially since the subsequent repair job was haphazard). It might be possible to use other shots of the ship in flight, but I am not sure about leaving the planet itself.

Author
Time

Solemn.Philosopher said:

natestarwarsfan122 said:

Hi! I have been watching this project and it’s predecessor for a while from the shadows. I think that if a voice actor could be found, the first act of the movie could flow like this; chapter 9 opening, replace the tatooine line with trask, or mon calamari. Then cut to an establishing shot of trask, and go on from the restaurant scene. You could then cut out any boba Fett stuff from the rest of the season and focus on the main story. I think this would work well for establishing what I think don’s arc in the season will be. Thanks!

It is an interesting idea, but it might be challenging getting around the broken ship (especially since the subsequent repair job was haphazard). It might be possible to use other shots of the ship in flight, but I am not sure about leaving the planet itself.

I agree, that’s why I think szopman’s idea of cutting from Din’s misgivings to the tattered approach to Trask is such a brilliant idea.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Cracking episode this week. Finally some meet to the plot.

I agree with the general feeling… at the moment I see 2 options

  1. Open with the trashed crest approaching Trask.
  2. Open on Tatooine, transition into space and then cut to Trask… either in the comedic way that szopman suggested, or but cutting in a space battle scene (only contender at the moment is from Chapter 5, but I’d have to cut it out of the first film… which is easy to do).

I guess the right option boils down to how important the chapter 1 content is. Filoni rarely lets threads like Boba remain loose.

WitchDR said:

I think you should find a way to incorporate Chapter 5 and 9 together in the first movie. All you need is Din to have Boba’s armor.

The plot thread from chapter 9 doesn’t really fit into the first movie. At that point Mando is trying to keep his head down, not find other Mandalorians.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 1 - A Vergence in the Force

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Even if Boba Fett comes back, we still won’t need Din obtaining the armour. Especially if you open on Tatooine with him in the cantina with the armour and mention his search for Mandalorians in the crawl.

This season will have more serialised plot elements, anything you can do to cut things down will help. That’s part of what makes the comedic cut from misgivings to damaged ship so efficient in something like this… cutting out nearly two episodes without having to add anything back from the other season.

Author
Time

JakeRyan17 said:

Even if Boba Fett comes back, we still won’t need Din obtaining the armour. Especially if you open on Tatooine with him in the cantina with the armour and mention his search for Mandalorians in the crawl.

But if you’re going to cut the point of Din being on Tatooine, you may as well just start on Trask and explain the trashed ship in the crawl.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 1 - A Vergence in the Force

Author
Time

Nah, the crawl can establish that he’s looking for Mandalorians there, then start with the cantina scene from Chapter 10, which explains how he got it, then from misgivings to arrival on Trask. This is enough to explain how recently he’s been on Tatooine, and helps connect it to Boba’s assumed reappearance in either this season or the next.

That cantina scene also sets the stage for some of the payoff with “Frog Lady” taking care of the Child. We need at least one moment to connect with her and show that Din accepted the danger, then show how drastically he protected her (even if we don’t see the spiders, etc). It’s a quick scene that does a lot of narrative lifting, and leads us into what will become the first act set piece.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The Crawl is good for broad setting the stage. You don’t want to read too much of the setup, you just want to read the context. If a big action set piece is taking place off-screen with our main character, it’s better to have him describe it than to read it.

Author
Time

Snoke in a bottle. Here we go, it’s starting to make connections to the disjointed mess that is the sequel trilogy. Personally, I would alter the music to play Palpatine’s theme instead of Snoke’s and do some slight VFX alterations (maybe even alter the tube from blue to red or something). Trim the mentioning of midiclorians (m count). Other than that it was a pretty good episode.

Author
Time

I kinda disagree on all of those points 😂

It might be Snoke, but I’d assume that was already underway on Exegol, just as Palpatine’s failed clone (Rey’s father) would already be old enough to conceive Rey. I think this is Moff Gideon’s own separate plan and machination.

I also think the M-Count is a good thing to have there. Love or hate Midiclorians, it makes sense that non-Force Users would search for something biological to replicate to clone Force abilities. Most of the Galaxy is atheistic at this point in time, where the Jedi (who were a major force in Din’s childhood) are all but completely forgotten and The Force is referred to as children’s stories by Han less than 10 years prior. “M-Count” is the scientific explaining away of Force abilities, without having to subscribe to the theological implications of Jedi, Sith, Bendu, Whills, etc.

Author
Time

So, what are the ideas So far? 😄

Author
Time

I feel like this season is so episodic that we really have to wait. Bo Katan is too important to cut out, and much as I disliked the return to Nevarro, the ship being tracked is significant (there weren’t any real reveals that won’t be brought up again later with the facility). Maybe the cutaway with Gideon and tracking the ship could be placed after the Mon Cala repairs The Razorcrest?

Open this film with the majority of The Heiress, then final scene of The Siege.

Ahsoka’s adventure in The Jedi is such a side story, that it would be difficult to include all of it. I almost feel like all of the action should be cut. Have Din arrive, leave the ship, and cut straight to the scene where he stumbles upon Ahsoka in the forest. Cut out the moment where he talks about being hired to kill her, just have her storm off and then cut to him tucking Grogu in on the ship to the scene where she tells them where to go next.