Sign In

The Mandalorian Episode 2: Search for the Jedi (Released - RT 2h 29mins) — Page 9

Author
Time

Finally an update on this… the last piece of the jigsaw is complete - the Tattoine to Trask sequence.

This has been through several iterations. Firstly the whole passenger episode had to go because of timing and pacing. I was initially trying to cut Frog lady completely, but annoyingly it just didn’t quite work.
Then I tried to cut it without the Razorcrest getting damaged at all, but that didn’t work either.

So, what I’ve done is cut together a version that is light on Frog lady and where the Razor gets some damage on entry to the planet Trask due to the lading array not working, and doesn’t fall into the sea.

Here is the sequence

https://vimeo.com/538026126

I’m now rendering the full movie for a final watch and hopefully get it ready for release around May 4th!

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time
 (Edited)

And here is a list of the current changes to produce the movie:

Opening
Current Star Wars and Lucasfilm logos with 20th Century Fox Music
Classical Star Wars opening crawl
Classical Star Wars opening space pan using scene from Chapter 5 (The Gunslinger)
2 “in cockpit” shots added from Chapter 5 (The Gunslinger) to extend approach to Tatooine.
On planet approach trimmed and first shot of Pelli cut.
Opening scene scored using “Mando is back”

Chapter 9 (The Marshall)
Cut Pelli lines about buying the child.
Cut Pelli line “still don’t”.
Cut Pelli lines moaning about R5.
Shortened sequence where Mando travels to Moss Pelgo including cutting the Tusken Camp scene.
Shortened scene of Mando cruising through Moss Pelgo.
Cut Cobb Vanth Flashback sequence.
Cut Tusken Camp scene.
Reduced amount Tusken language used in battle plan scene.
Cut speeder return to Mos Pelgo scene and replaced with a transition wipe to a static shot of Moss Pelgo with camera zoom.
Cut Tusken arrival at Moss Pelgo
Cut Cobb Vanth drinking Tusken drink before the battle.
Cut Krayt Dragon retreating back into the Sarlaac pit.
Cut Mando “take care of the child”
Rescored Boba Fett’s intro scene with “Imperial Starfleet Deployed” from ESB.

Chapter 10 (The Passenger)
Cut Ambush Scene
Cut Pelli “I’m not a Rodian”
Cut reference to travelling sub light.
All scenes after Tatooine Hangar are cut.

Chapter 11 (The Heiress)
Transition from Tatooine Hangar to flipped hyperspace exit shot from Chapter 13 (The Jedi).
Heavily damaged Razorcrest approach cut.
Mando waking up cut.
Cut line about fuel and burning to a crisp.
“drop” into atmosphere cut and replaced with planetary approach shot from Chapter 10 (The Passenger) with X-wings removed.
Heavily damaged Razorcrest shots removed.
Razorcrest falling into ocean cut and replaced with bumpy landing shots from Chapter 10 (The Passenger) with zoom to hide fact that the child isn’t present. Added Mando line “looks like we made it”.
Trimmed opening Track scene to hide the heavily damaged Razorcrest.
Trimmed Frog reunion scenes.
Cut scene of the Mandalorians destroying the boat.
Cut Koska lines about hitting them hard and scanning for lifeforms.
Cut “which one”, “all of them” Imperial interaction.
Cut “close all the doors” shot.
Reduce pause after “in the cargo control area”

Manufactured scene where Mando discovers that Gideon may be alive:
Change Bo Katan line about the dark saber to add Moff Gideon’s name.
Add Mando “Moff Gideon is dead”.
Add Bo Katan “don’t believe everything you hear”.
Add Mando “If Gideon is alive” and run it into “I have to return to my ship, with the foundling”.
Add score from “the experiment” to add tension.

Cut shot of Imperial pilots when they realise they are about to die.
Cut scene where Mando gets his damaged ship back from the Mon Calamari.
Replace damaged ship exit from Trask with planetary exit and hyperspace jump from Chapter 3 (The Sin)

Chapter 12 (The Siege)
All scenes cut except

  1. Scene on Razorcrest of Mando and Grogu Drinking. Dialogue of Mando telling the child that he’s special and that they will find where he belongs used from Chapter 14 (The Tragedy).
  2. Republic cruiser scene where the tracking bacon on the Razorcrest is revealed.

Chapter 13 (The Jedi)
Opening lightsaber battle scene cut.
Cut reference to the Beskar staff from the Mando-Elspeth scene.
Add Ahsoka theme from “The Sorcerer” to Ahsoka’s introduction in the forest.
Cut reference to Ahsoka returning to the village and extend the scene using music from “the story”, then transition wipe to Mando and Grogu on the Razorcrest.
Cut entire village battle plot.
Cut Mando ”you made me a promise” and replace with “I’ve been quested with returning this child to the Jedi” from chapter 11 (The Heiress).
Shorten final Ahsoka shot to avoid excessive music swell.

Chapter 14 (The Tragedy)
Transition wipe to Razorcrect shot from Chapter 7 (The Reckoning).
Dialogue of Mando saying child is special is cut due to its use earlier in the movie.
Shot of the Razorcrest approaching Tython moved to later in the scene to imply space travel and time passage.
Cut stormtrooper “you idiot” line.
Cut Mando-Fennic dialogue about owing her from last time.
Reduce blaster fire bouncing off Beskar.
Move Gideon Imperial cruiser scene forward to site between Mando leaving Corvus and arriving on Nevarro.
Added scene of Mando walking through Nevarro from Chapter 3 (The Sin) to extend Nevarro arrival scene.

Manufactured Mando-Cara Dune Scene
Opens with reversed shot of the Marshall badge flip - Cara now flips it to Mando first.
Dialogue used from Chapter 15 (The Believer) to change the scene into Cara searching for Moff Gideon’s cruiser.
Images from Chapter 15 (The Believer) rotoscoped onto scenes of Cara using her terminal so that it now shows images of Gideon’s cruiser and its location rather then the prison registry.
Scored using “Brown Eyes”

Chapter 15 (The Believer)
All scenes cut except the Scene of Mando’s message to Moff Gideon - this is used as a spacer scene between Mando leaving Nevarro and arriving to meet the Mandalorians.

Chapter 16 (The Rescue)
The Capture of Dr Persching is moved to after the recruitment of the Mandalorians. Mando now travels straight from Nevarro to recruit Bo Katan.
Hyperspace exit of Imperial shuttle and Razorcrest inserted here and followed by the Capture of Dr Pershing.
Dr Pershing capture now cuts straight to his interrogation, implying that it takes place in space rather than on the desert planet.
Recut Darktrooper scene so that they sent “release” until fully charged.
Iris out to custom end credits.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

Release date?
I’m really looking forward to this I’m a big fan of a vergence in the force

Author
Time

Crossvader said:

Release date?
I’m really looking forward to this I’m a big fan of a vergence in the force

May 4th

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

Woohoo! Heres hoping you have no major hiccups and it gets released on May 4th! Can’t wait.

Author
Time

Great cut list, some really creative ideas. Loved all of your preview clips and super excited for release!

Author
Time

from reading your change list, it seems you outdid yourself, again^^ very exciting.

Author
Time

Thanks.

Season 2 has taken a lot more work. Season 1 was structured really nicely to cut it into a 3-act movie, season 2 definitely wasn’t!

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time
 (Edited)

biggzsizzle said:

Are we still looking at May 4th for release?

I’m still hopeful.

I did my watch-through of the final cut and I’m really happy with it, apart from the Tattoine to Trask sequence.

Other than the opening sequence rotoscoping everything is now complete, so I’ll have time to tinker with the sequence this weekend. I’ll post a rough cut of it tonight for some opinions before I complete the audio.

Overall, despite the season not allowing for a classical 3-act movie, it is a better watch than season 1 because the content is so amazing.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

In this edit, how is Dr. Pershing found? You fixed the issue of finding the ship without the extra episode. But is there an explanation as to how the crew is able to track down the doctor?

Author
Time

Can’t wait for it, meanwhile can i get the link to season 1 movie, i have never seen it

Author
Time

How’s the edit coming along? Are you still aiming for release today?

Author
Time

Oh Smudgey One, Hast thou procured the finished “The Mandalorian Episode 2: Search for the Jedi” feature film for the humble masses??

Author
Time

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

WtarSars said:

In this edit, how is Dr. Pershing found? You fixed the issue of finding the ship without the extra episode. But is there an explanation as to how the crew is able to track down the doctor?

Unfortunately that is not fixable due to the total lack of footage. I’ve swapped scenes around so that Mando recruits Bo Katan before capturing Pershing, which makes it flow better.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

Author
Time

STF78 said:

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

That clip with the razor in the background is already trimmed, but I’ve left in as much as I could to create a better transition from landing to the interaction with the Mon Cala. I can’t go straight to the overhead shot because I’d then lose the Mon Cala interaction completely.

As it is I think it’s ambiguous enough as to what ship is in the background, and if you didn’t know what happened in the episode, you probably wouldn’t realise that it was the Razor.

I’ll recheck for the black screen frame. I had to zoom in on a couple of shots to remove Grogu from the cockpit and use black screens to maintain the letterbox, so it’s probably an overspill frame.

Thanks for the input.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

And here is the opening… crawl text is always tricky, so opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

The Razorcrest rotoscoping still needs tidying.

https://vimeo.com/549787287

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time
 (Edited)

smudger9 said:

STF78 said:

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

That clip with the razor in the background is already trimmed, but I’ve left in as much as I could to create a better transition from landing to the interaction with the Mon Cala. I can’t go straight to the overhead shot because I’d then lose the Mon Cala interaction completely.

As it is I think it’s ambiguous enough as to what ship is in the background, and if you didn’t know what happened in the episode, you probably wouldn’t realise that it was the Razor.

I’ll recheck for the black screen frame. I had to zoom in on a couple of shots to remove Grogu from the cockpit and use black screens to maintain the letterbox, so it’s probably an overspill frame.

Thanks for the input.

What was your intention of trimming the landing scene so that the landing manouver, result falling into water? I personally didn’t minded it. Was it funny? Open for discussion.

Otherwise i think everything worked very well, too.

Regarding the crawl: something is bugging me regarding the title of episode II. It feels hollow, but i fail to come up with an alternative, perhaps „the pursuit for help“??
Otherwise the crawl text itself is well written, i like it very much.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CMMAP said:

smudger9 said:

STF78 said:

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

That clip with the razor in the background is already trimmed, but I’ve left in as much as I could to create a better transition from landing to the interaction with the Mon Cala. I can’t go straight to the overhead shot because I’d then lose the Mon Cala interaction completely.

As it is I think it’s ambiguous enough as to what ship is in the background, and if you didn’t know what happened in the episode, you probably wouldn’t realise that it was the Razor.

I’ll recheck for the black screen frame. I had to zoom in on a couple of shots to remove Grogu from the cockpit and use black screens to maintain the letterbox, so it’s probably an overspill frame.

Thanks for the input.

What was your intention of trimming the landing scene so that the landing manouver, result falling into water? I personally didn’t minded it. Was it funny? Open for discussion.

Otherwise i think everything worked very well, too.

Regarding the crawl: something is bugging me regarding the title of episode II. It feels hollow, but i fail to come up with an alternative, perhaps „the pursuit for help“??
Otherwise the crawl text itself is well written, i like it very much.

My goals with the landing sequence were.

  1. Razorcrest arrives at Trask undamaged.
  2. All damage occurs during and after re-entry.
  3. The damage sustained isn’t significant, so that it can believably be repaired off screen by the Mon Cala (the trip to Nevarro is being cut).

I didn’t mind it falling into the sea, but the ship ended up being such a mess that it would feel jarring to have it suddenly appear pristine.

As for the title… It’s the best I could come up with, and it does follow the force-related theme of my episode 1 title.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

CMMAP said:

smudger9 said:

STF78 said:

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

That clip with the razor in the background is already trimmed, but I’ve left in as much as I could to create a better transition from landing to the interaction with the Mon Cala. I can’t go straight to the overhead shot because I’d then lose the Mon Cala interaction completely.

As it is I think it’s ambiguous enough as to what ship is in the background, and if you didn’t know what happened in the episode, you probably wouldn’t realise that it was the Razor.

I’ll recheck for the black screen frame. I had to zoom in on a couple of shots to remove Grogu from the cockpit and use black screens to maintain the letterbox, so it’s probably an overspill frame.

Thanks for the input.

What was your intention of trimming the landing scene so that the landing manouver, result falling into water? I personally didn’t minded it. Was it funny? Open for discussion.

Otherwise i think everything worked very well, too.

Regarding the crawl: something is bugging me regarding the title of episode II. It feels hollow, but i fail to come up with an alternative, perhaps „the pursuit for help“??
Otherwise the crawl text itself is well written, i like it very much.

My goals with the landing sequence were.

  1. Razorcrest arrives at Trask undamaged.
  2. All damage occurs during and after re-entry.
  3. The damage sustained isn’t significant, so that it can believably be repaired off screen by the Mon Cala (the trip to Nevarro is being cut).

I didn’t mind it falling into the sea, but the ship ended up being such a mess that it would feel jarring to have it suddenly appear pristine.

As for the title… It’s the best I could come up with, and it does follow the force-related theme of my episode 1 title.

I can relate to your no.3 even if i’m on the opposite site.

Regarding the title, what about „The Awakening“? or something similiar that resembles grogus reaching into the force?

Author
Time

CMMAP said:

smudger9 said:

CMMAP said:

smudger9 said:

STF78 said:

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

That clip with the razor in the background is already trimmed, but I’ve left in as much as I could to create a better transition from landing to the interaction with the Mon Cala. I can’t go straight to the overhead shot because I’d then lose the Mon Cala interaction completely.

As it is I think it’s ambiguous enough as to what ship is in the background, and if you didn’t know what happened in the episode, you probably wouldn’t realise that it was the Razor.

I’ll recheck for the black screen frame. I had to zoom in on a couple of shots to remove Grogu from the cockpit and use black screens to maintain the letterbox, so it’s probably an overspill frame.

Thanks for the input.

What was your intention of trimming the landing scene so that the landing manouver, result falling into water? I personally didn’t minded it. Was it funny? Open for discussion.

Otherwise i think everything worked very well, too.

Regarding the crawl: something is bugging me regarding the title of episode II. It feels hollow, but i fail to come up with an alternative, perhaps „the pursuit for help“??
Otherwise the crawl text itself is well written, i like it very much.

My goals with the landing sequence were.

  1. Razorcrest arrives at Trask undamaged.
  2. All damage occurs during and after re-entry.
  3. The damage sustained isn’t significant, so that it can believably be repaired off screen by the Mon Cala (the trip to Nevarro is being cut).

I didn’t mind it falling into the sea, but the ship ended up being such a mess that it would feel jarring to have it suddenly appear pristine.

As for the title… It’s the best I could come up with, and it does follow the force-related theme of my episode 1 title.

I can relate to your no.3 even if i’m on the opposite site.

Regarding the title, what about „The Awakening“? or something similiar that resembles grogus reaching into the force?

How about The Force Awakens 😆

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

CMMAP said:

smudger9 said:

CMMAP said:

smudger9 said:

STF78 said:

smudger9 said:

Right… as with most editing tasks, the Tatooine to Trask segment turned out to be a rabbit hole!
Once I had decided that the simple wipe to cover the entire journey didnt flow, it opened up a lot of work and tinkering to get the segment to work. There were a number of things that made it tricky, such as Grogu’s variable presence in the cockpit. However, I have managed to put in the interaction with the X-wings, which has helped give the movie some galaxy-wide exposition.

Anyway, here is the completed segment.

https://vimeo.com/549567768

All that is left now is some dialogue tidying, touching up the opening pan shot, end credits and a final decision on whether to include the deepfake Luke.

If anyone wants to do a test viewing let me know, it would be good to get a couple of checks before going public!

Overall the clip works well, but there is a minor continuity issues at the end- they land ok, but the ship is dripping wet as they walk away from it. Perhaps just cut from the landing straight to the overhead shot of them walking toward the canteena? Or cut out from the planet approach straight to the same shot of the party walking to remove the issue of the razor crest being damaged. There also a frame around 7 mins 19 secs that appears to just be a black screen. I would be happy to preview/test if it helps.

That clip with the razor in the background is already trimmed, but I’ve left in as much as I could to create a better transition from landing to the interaction with the Mon Cala. I can’t go straight to the overhead shot because I’d then lose the Mon Cala interaction completely.

As it is I think it’s ambiguous enough as to what ship is in the background, and if you didn’t know what happened in the episode, you probably wouldn’t realise that it was the Razor.

I’ll recheck for the black screen frame. I had to zoom in on a couple of shots to remove Grogu from the cockpit and use black screens to maintain the letterbox, so it’s probably an overspill frame.

Thanks for the input.

What was your intention of trimming the landing scene so that the landing manouver, result falling into water? I personally didn’t minded it. Was it funny? Open for discussion.

Otherwise i think everything worked very well, too.

Regarding the crawl: something is bugging me regarding the title of episode II. It feels hollow, but i fail to come up with an alternative, perhaps „the pursuit for help“??
Otherwise the crawl text itself is well written, i like it very much.

My goals with the landing sequence were.

  1. Razorcrest arrives at Trask undamaged.
  2. All damage occurs during and after re-entry.
  3. The damage sustained isn’t significant, so that it can believably be repaired off screen by the Mon Cala (the trip to Nevarro is being cut).

I didn’t mind it falling into the sea, but the ship ended up being such a mess that it would feel jarring to have it suddenly appear pristine.

As for the title… It’s the best I could come up with, and it does follow the force-related theme of my episode 1 title.

I can relate to your no.3 even if i’m on the opposite site.

Regarding the title, what about „The Awakening“? or something similiar that resembles grogus reaching into the force?

How about The Force Awakens 😆

You would caught everyone off guard 🤣