Sign In

The Mandalorian Episode 2: Search for the Jedi (Released - RT 2h 29mins) — Page 10

Author
Time

Just curious… since Fennec and Peli weren’t included in Vergence in the Force, how do you introduce them in this? And since you’ve cut the whole prisoner thing with Mayfield, so do we just not get the whole Mando taking off his helmet thing?

Really looking forward to this!

Author
Time

arabian said:

Just curious… since Fennec and Peli weren’t included in Vergence in the Force, how do you introduce them in this? And since you’ve cut the whole prisoner thing with Mayfield, so do we just not get the whole Mando taking off his helmet thing?

Really looking forward to this!

Pelli and Fennec are introduced as per the series. I will be going back and making a second version of Episode 1 that replaces Sorgen with Tatooine. I initially made a version that cut references to past meetings, but with Fennec being in Book of Boba, it’s a no brainier to go back and put the Tatooine scenes into episode 1.

Yes, Mando removing his helmet is cut, which is a shame, but it does make the final scene even more impactful.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

arabian said:

Just curious… since Fennec and Peli weren’t included in Vergence in the Force, how do you introduce them in this? And since you’ve cut the whole prisoner thing with Mayfield, so do we just not get the whole Mando taking off his helmet thing?

Really looking forward to this!

Pelli and Fennec are introduced as per the series. I will be going back and making a second version of Episode 1 that replaces Sorgen with Tatooine. I initially made a version that cut references to past meetings, but with Fennec being in Book of Boba, it’s a no brainier to go back and put the Tatooine scenes into episode 1.

Yes, Mando removing his helmet is cut, which is a shame, but it does make the final scene even more impactful.

OK, it will be interesting to see a new version of episode 1. Thanks for answering.

Author
Time

smudger9 said:
Yes, Mando removing his helmet is cut, which is a shame, but it does make the final scene even more impactful.

Yes, definitely. I always have been disappointed that mando removed his helmet prior to the last episode.

Author
Time

I’m kinda concerned if you ever do a season 3 edit, if the abcense of the Razro Crest would create some plot holes

Author
Time

ChernobylLiquidator86 said:

I’m kinda concerned if you ever do a season 3 edit, if the abcense of the Razro Crest would create some plot holes

I still have the Razorcrest being destroyed on Tython!

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time
 (Edited)

smudger9 said:

arabian said:

Just curious… since Fennec and Peli weren’t included in Vergence in the Force, how do you introduce them in this? And since you’ve cut the whole prisoner thing with Mayfield, so do we just not get the whole Mando taking off his helmet thing?

Really looking forward to this!

Pelli and Fennec are introduced as per the series. I will be going back and making a second version of Episode 1 that replaces Sorgen with Tatooine. I initially made a version that cut references to past meetings, but with Fennec being in Book of Boba, it’s a no brainier to go back and put the Tatooine scenes into episode 1.

I’m glad you’re going back and making a “Tatooine version” of the first film! Your edit was great, but I’ve just never liked Sorgan or the Sanctuary episode. The only important thing that happens in that episode is the first meeting with Cara Dune, but you can keep that and cut the rest of the episode by simply having Mando leave after he says “well, looks like this planet’s taken”.

I liked The Gunslinger episode a lot better than Sanctuary, so I think it’s a great idea to make a version with it instead.

Anyway, I’m very excited for Search for the Jedi and version 2 of A Vergence in the Force!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

smudger9 said:

As for the title… It’s the best I could come up with, and it does follow the force-related theme of my episode 1 title.

Also, I really like the Search for the Jedi title! It’s simple and fits the movie perfectly.

Author
Time

ExpandedUniverses said:

smudger9 said:

arabian said:

Just curious… since Fennec and Peli weren’t included in Vergence in the Force, how do you introduce them in this? And since you’ve cut the whole prisoner thing with Mayfield, so do we just not get the whole Mando taking off his helmet thing?

Really looking forward to this!

Pelli and Fennec are introduced as per the series. I will be going back and making a second version of Episode 1 that replaces Sorgen with Tatooine. I initially made a version that cut references to past meetings, but with Fennec being in Book of Boba, it’s a no brainier to go back and put the Tatooine scenes into episode 1.

I’m glad you’re going back and making a “Tatooine version” of the first film! Your edit was great, but I’ve just never liked Sorgan or the Sanctuary episode. The only important thing that happens in that episode is the first meeting with Cara Dune, but you can keep that and cut the rest of the episode by simply having Mando leave after he says “well, looks like this planet’s taken”.

I liked The Gunslinger episode a lot better than Sanctuary, so I think it’s a great idea to make a version with it instead.

Anyway, I’m very excited for Search for the Jedi and version 2 of A Vergence in the Force!

It was a really close call between Sanctuary and Gunslinger. Sanctuary won because of the character development. However, after season 2 the balance has shifted in favour of gunslinger.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time
 (Edited)

smudger9 said:

ExpandedUniverses said:

smudger9 said:

arabian said:

Just curious… since Fennec and Peli weren’t included in Vergence in the Force, how do you introduce them in this? And since you’ve cut the whole prisoner thing with Mayfield, so do we just not get the whole Mando taking off his helmet thing?

Really looking forward to this!

Pelli and Fennec are introduced as per the series. I will be going back and making a second version of Episode 1 that replaces Sorgen with Tatooine. I initially made a version that cut references to past meetings, but with Fennec being in Book of Boba, it’s a no brainier to go back and put the Tatooine scenes into episode 1.

I’m glad you’re going back and making a “Tatooine version” of the first film! Your edit was great, but I’ve just never liked Sorgan or the Sanctuary episode. The only important thing that happens in that episode is the first meeting with Cara Dune, but you can keep that and cut the rest of the episode by simply having Mando leave after he says “well, looks like this planet’s taken”.

I liked The Gunslinger episode a lot better than Sanctuary, so I think it’s a great idea to make a version with it instead.

Anyway, I’m very excited for Search for the Jedi and version 2 of A Vergence in the Force!

It was a really close call between Sanctuary and Gunslinger. Sanctuary won because of the character development. However, after season 2 the balance has shifted in favour of gunslinger.

I understand, choosing it for character development makes sense. I just personally don’t like Sanctuary’s boring “save the village” plot or its forced romance (because I don’t think The Mandalorian is a show that needs to include romance in it).

But anyway, I’m glad the version 2 will include The Gunslinger instead. It’s a fun western-style episode, it introduces some important characters for future episodes (Peli, Fennec, and the Boba tease), and I also like Toro Calican. I think they should have kept him around longer as an apprentice/crewmate who could learn from Mando, but I understand that Mando probably wouldn’t have time for that anyway since he’s mostly focused on Grogu.

Author
Time

How are you going about having Mando meet Cara Dune if Sanctuary has been cut?

Completed Edits: Star Wars- The Clone Wars I-VI

Author
Time

Kanemedhurst said:

How are you going about having Mando meet Cara Dune if Sanctuary has been cut?

Two options.

  1. Keep the first meeting with Cara and when Mando says “looks like this planet is taken” wipe to the Razor in space and then transition to Gunslinger.

  2. Cut their first meeting and just use their meeting from chapter 7… there is sufficient implication from the dialogue that they are old acquaintances.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

Kanemedhurst said:

How are you going about having Mando meet Cara Dune if Sanctuary has been cut?

Two options.

  1. Keep the first meeting with Cara and when Mando says “looks like this planet is taken” wipe to the Razor in space and then transition to Gunslinger.

  2. Cut their first meeting and just use their meeting from chapter 7… there is sufficient implication from the dialogue that they are old acquaintances.

I am for the first option.
Because it means more character building imo.

Author
Time

BandobrasTuk said:

smudger9 said:

Kanemedhurst said:

How are you going about having Mando meet Cara Dune if Sanctuary has been cut?

Two options.

  1. Keep the first meeting with Cara and when Mando says “looks like this planet is taken” wipe to the Razor in space and then transition to Gunslinger.

  2. Cut their first meeting and just use their meeting from chapter 7… there is sufficient implication from the dialogue that they are old acquaintances.

I am for the first option.
Because it means more character building imo.

I agree

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

smudger9 said:

And here is the opening… crawl text is always tricky, so opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

The Razorcrest rotoscoping still needs tidying.

https://vimeo.com/549787287

I’d leave out the reveal of Gideon Surviving until later. Maybe mention Mando getting info about a Mandalorian in Moss Pelgo so the convo with Peli flows from the intro.

Author
Time

If you’re still up for test viewings I would be keen to take a look. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to the public release!

Author
Time

Imhotep said:

If you’re still up for test viewings I would be keen to take a look. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to the public release!

Thanks for the offer. I’ve had a couple of members watch it and give feedback, so I should be good in terms of test viewings.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

ExpandedUniverses said:

Hey,
How is the edit coming along? I hope it’s going well.

So very close. Just just need to correct a few issues that came up in the test viewings. I’ve been away for the last 2 weeks so haven’t had time yet to sort them.

Soooon, sooooon

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi

Author
Time

ExpandedUniverses said:

Hi Smudger! 👋
When do you think the edit will be ready?

It is… finished!!!

I’m just adjusting episode 1 to replace the bulk of the Sanctuary scenes with the Gunslinger scenes so that I can release the update along with episode 2.

Current Project: The Mandalorian Episode 2 - Search for the Jedi