Sign In

The Last Jedi - Isolated Score

Author
Time

Hello everyone,

As you may know, there was an isolated score track that was only available on a digital release. I have the Bluray and since I live in Europe, I didn’t have access to this download code on ‘Movies Anywhere’.

Does anyone know where/how I can obtain this track? I’d like to mux it in my personal copy. Thank you!

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time

Seconding this request, I’m very interested as well!

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

You have a PM 😃

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time

Thank you!!!

What’s the internal temperature of a TaunTaun? Luke warm.

Author
Time

Ooo I’d really like this too

Author
Time

I don’t understand why anyone would want to listen to the entire soundtrack considering every worthwhile cue is on the official release. Mediocre score for a terrible movie.

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: Error Error Does not Compute
Nostalgia: Original Trilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

Jesta’ said:

I don’t understand why anyone would want to listen to the entire soundtrack considering every worthwhile cue is on the official release. Mediocre score for a terrible movie.

Lucas talked about how he wanted his movies to be coherent if you just have the visuals and the music. It’s at least an interesting experiment.

Also… Some people like the score and like the movie. Some people really like the score and the movie!
It would be great if we could avoid litigating movies in the movie preservation subforum.

Author
Time

Jesta’ said:

I don’t understand why anyone would want to listen to the entire soundtrack considering every worthwhile cue is on the official release. Mediocre score for a terrible movie.

And I don’t understand why someone would post in a thread about something that doesn’t interest them just to insult the people that are interested in it.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time
 (Edited)

And I don’t understand why someone would post in a thread about something that doesn’t interest them just to insult the people that are interested in it.

Frink trauma

 

Mod Edit: invoking banned members as an excuse for poor posting is far from a good idea - along with bashing fan and preservation projects here that other members may well enjoy.

If an edit or project doesn’t interest you, then it is probably worthwhile ignoring the thread or refrain from posting in it - and finding one of the many projects on here that may interest you.
 

THE LUCASFILM/DISNEY STAR WARS DICTIONARY
Character: a vessel by which an ulterior motive is expressed, including social trends, one-liners, or cliché wisdom.
Derivations of Original Trilogy characters are necessary until told otherwise.
Expanded Universe: Error Error Does not Compute
Nostalgia: Original Trilogy
Story: any element of a movie that can be adapted, in part or whole, from the Original Trilogy; See also: nostalgia.

Author
Time

I’m very interested as well. Love this movie.

Author
Time

Last night I sat down to watch a little of this and ended up watching the whole movie. I’ve never seen a movie like this, with the dialog and sound effects stripped out. I found it fascinating, and hard to describe why. The lack of dialog makes everything more simple and kinda boils down the characters to what they look like and what the music is telling you to feel about them.

I’d love to have this isolated soundtrack for TFA, Rogue One, Solo, and the prequels.

Author
Time

Count me in! PM me.

“Hear you nothing that I say?”
-Yoda

Author
Time

for some reason the movies anywhere version doesn’t sync with much of the soundtrack cd or ‘for your consideration’ mp3s in pluraleyes. i suppose one could do it manually. the score-only file i found is just 96k aac.

Author
Time

Yes, may I have the link for this music, please?

Author
Time

a_o said:

for some reason the movies anywhere version doesn’t sync with much of the soundtrack cd or ‘for your consideration’ mp3s in pluraleyes. i suppose one could do it manually. the score-only file i found is just 96k aac.

That’s the unencrypted version you can rip from the movies anywhere website. It’s also available through iTunes and through the movies anywhere Roku app with a higher bit rate of, iirc, 160k. The trouble is that it’s encrypted, so one would need to capture the decoded output, much akin to capturing laserdisc PCM audio. In addition to that, it’s also available in 5.1 through iTunes, which, again, can be captured/ripped in the same manner as LD ac3 using an AppleTV.

If I had some gum, I’d chew a hole into the sun…

Author
Time

schorman13 said:

a_o said:

for some reason the movies anywhere version doesn’t sync with much of the soundtrack cd or ‘for your consideration’ mp3s in pluraleyes. i suppose one could do it manually. the score-only file i found is just 96k aac.

That’s the unencrypted version you can rip from the movies anywhere website. It’s also available through iTunes and through the movies anywhere Roku app with a higher bit rate of, iirc, 160k. The trouble is that it’s encrypted, so one would need to capture the decoded output, much akin to capturing laserdisc PCM audio. In addition to that, it’s also available in 5.1 through iTunes, which, again, can be captured/ripped in the same manner as LD ac3 using an AppleTV.

i tried that once but i don’t think the output recording of the ac3 stream could be decoded. if it could i didn’t have the software to do it, or i didn’t record it correctly over toslink in the first place.

Author
Time

I made a crude Stereo FLAC recording of the Movies Anywhere track when it first came out, but if someone can decrpyt the 5.1, I’d love a copy!