Sign In

The Last Jedi- Full Movie Re-Edit — Page 6

Author
Time

SparkySywer said:

Collipso said:

good for you.

sex


Is he keeping that Luke is projecting himself in the fight? If so, it’s a little weird that the blades would touch.

I don’t really know. I’m interested to see his extended fight scene mainly because I’m fascinated to see if it can really blend well with the rest of the scene from a visual standpoint. It seems to be an exciting exercise in extreme fan editing. For example as great as it is to be able to watch Harmy’s Despecialized I find it as entertaining to watch the short youtube video showing how he married all the disparate elements together. But to your question, if he’s is keeping the idea that Luke is projecting himself, I agree it would be weird to have the blades interact. I don’t see how he could have him be there physically because where was he when everyone piled onto the Falcon? I guess we’ll see soon enough.

To contribute to The Starchaser 3D project, please pm for details

Author
Time

SYNCHRONIC said:

No offense guys, but you were the ones who were insulting him and berating him behind his back, I’ve just gone through this thread after the link was posted on a Star Wars Reddit (SaltierthanCrait) thread, he isn’t forcing anyone to give him money, or pay for the edit, if people want to give him money in appreciation for the work then that is their prerogative.

If he loved doing the work so much he wouldn’t be asking for people to pay him so he can do it full time. He wants to be paid a wage for doing it and pay others in the process. That goes against everything fan editing is about . And the quickest way for Disney to crack down on fan edits and shut them all down. He is profiting from material he doesn’t own the copyright to.

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time

He nailed the green saber part of his trailer. I’m super excited to see what else he does as far as ‘extreme’ changes to the lightsaber duel.

Author
Time

adywan said:

SYNCHRONIC said:

No offense guys, but you were the ones who were insulting him and berating him behind his back, I’ve just gone through this thread after the link was posted on a Star Wars Reddit (SaltierthanCrait) thread, he isn’t forcing anyone to give him money, or pay for the edit, if people want to give him money in appreciation for the work then that is their prerogative.

If he loved doing the work so much he wouldn’t be asking for people to pay him so he can do it full time. He wants to be paid a wage for doing it and pay others in the process. That goes against everything fan editing is about . And the quickest way for Disney to crack down on fan edits and shut them all down. He is profiting from material he doesn’t own the copyright to.

Exactly.

The Last Jedi as a movie - Better than Empire. As an Episode - Worse than The Phantom Menace.
DuracellEnergizer: “^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts.”
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V2 Released!) and The Starlight Project

Author
Time

NeverarGreat said:

adywan said:

SYNCHRONIC said:

No offense guys, but you were the ones who were insulting him and berating him behind his back, I’ve just gone through this thread after the link was posted on a Star Wars Reddit (SaltierthanCrait) thread, he isn’t forcing anyone to give him money, or pay for the edit, if people want to give him money in appreciation for the work then that is their prerogative.

If he loved doing the work so much he wouldn’t be asking for people to pay him so he can do it full time. He wants to be paid a wage for doing it and pay others in the process. That goes against everything fan editing is about . And the quickest way for Disney to crack down on fan edits and shut them all down. He is profiting from material he doesn’t own the copyright to.

Exactly.

I see the point here but people are more than willing to contribute to the project to see the outcome… people are especially interested in seeing improvements to this shit movie.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

People not liking the movie doesn’t make what he’s doing any more ‘ethical’.

I also hate his bullshit constant ‘Kathleen Kennedy/Rian Johnson/Disney are EVILLL!!’ videos.

DESTROY ALL JEDI

My name is Sprite Pepsi and I’m abstinence till I die!

Author
Time

snooker said:

I also hate his bullshit constant ‘Kathleen Kennedy/Rian Johnson/Disney are EVILLL!!’ videos.

100% agree with this. I enjoyed his early videos when he walked you through his changes and I do think he made some brilliant edits, but the ranting and hatred against Kennedy and Johnson are frustrating. It riles up an element of the fanbase that disliked the movie (which is fair) but tends to place the blame on, diversity, feminism (or “blatant feminism” as one user wrote), and social messaging in the story.

Read the comments to those rant videos, and you’ll never see the word “SJW” appear so many times.

To be clear, I don’t think Ivan is prejudiced, but I do think at times he fans the flames of those that are.

Author
Time

There was a banned member fanning anti-OT sentiments in one of his livestream chats a few months ago. They left out why they got banned from here of course.

Mr. Ortega is playing with fire. You don’t have to look any further than what happened to Star Trek fanfilms in the wake of the lawsuit against the Axanar production to see the potential for ruining it for everybody.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

“The Prime Directive has many different functions, not the least of which is to protect us.”

Author
Time

I’ve finally seen the trailer, and to be honest it isn’t that great. Ackbar looks and sounds absolutely awful, Luke’s weird whispery voice will never fit alongside Mark Hamill’s. It’s just a mess.

I saw a comment praising the lines used in the trailer: “I know my son is gone” “No one’s ever really gone” and crediting Ivan.

DESTROY ALL JEDI

My name is Sprite Pepsi and I’m abstinence till I die!

Author
Time

snooker said:

I’ve finally seen the trailer, and to be honest it isn’t that great. Ackbar looks and sounds absolutely awful, Luke’s weird whispery voice will never fit alongside Mark Hamill’s. It’s just a mess.

I saw a comment praising the lines used in the trailer: “I know my son is gone” “No one’s ever really gone” and crediting Ivan.

Yeah, the sound mixing on the new dialogue he recorded is really bad. Also with English being Ivan’s second language, he’s probably not the best candidate for writing dialogue as evidenced by Ackbar’s line “we suspect there is a spy between us”.

I am still looking forward to his lightsaber battle for reasons all my own.

Author
Time

I’ve never seen people so mad at a fanedit before… lol This will be an interesting one.

Author
Time

And in so doing he endangers all of us. I’d hate to kiss a future OOT restoration project goodbye.
I agree, too, that the trailer is not indicative of a polished edit viable for exhibition outside the most rabid haters of the source material.

Author
Time

Hate leads to Suffering.

While his ideas are big and radical, he is amateur. I’ve watched some his “trailer fix” videos and they’re just plain awful. His Last Jedi edit looks a bit better, but has this strange choppiness to it. That and YouTube is a terrible platform to work on, most of the comments don’t know a thing about editing.

That being said, completely removing the Holdo Plan subplot for a traitor onboard with Ackbar is a great idea. That question is will it be executed properly. The Lightsaber Duel, on the other hand, sounds cool in theory but completely ruins the entire symbolic point of the fight.

Vader, a 7 in 1 edit of the entire Star Wars Saga

Maul, a clone wars edit

Author
Time

OutboundFlight said:

symbolic point of the fight.

but… the point of the fight was to hold off the First Order. Whether Luke was actually physically there stalling them or “force-projecting” himself into a fake fight, the point of the fight remains the same either way.

Author
Time

Nope. He’s accepted his father’s sword after rejecting it twice in the movie.

DESTROY ALL JEDI

My name is Sprite Pepsi and I’m abstinence till I die!

Author
Time

snooker said:

Nope. He’s accepted his father’s sword after rejecting it twice in the movie.

Yeah, as much as I really wished we’d seen him with the green saber outside the couple flashbacks, when someone pointed this out to me on here a while back (forget who, sorry!), I finally “got” it. It should be Anakin’s saber, anything else misses the point.

Unless, I guess, you are ditching the projection angle and making Luke physically present, in which case that symbolism isn’t as important. Though then you’d have to age Mark back up to look like he does in the rest of the movie on top of rotoscoping the hilt and blade, which just seems like far too much work for so little gain over the way it is in the film itself.

a trolling bantha

Author
Time

snooker said:

Nope. He’s accepted his father’s sword after rejecting it twice in the movie.

I’m not sure this interpretation is widely accepted but even so, ok… so Luke accepts his father’s lightsaber (a projection of his father’s lightsaber no less) … and then dies…

Ok-Meme.jpg