Sign In

The Last Jedi : Fan Edit Ideas — Page 32

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Zachary VIII said:

I’m also baffled as to why it didn’t cut things like…the Chewie eating a porg.

Because some people like that part?

It’s not exactly Jar Jar stepping in shit.

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

Zachary VIII said:

I’m also baffled as to why it didn’t cut things like…the Chewie eating a porg.

Because some people like that part?

It’s not exactly Jar Jar stepping in shit.

My ideal version would cut the final porg with the sad eyes but leave the part with the other 3.

Author
Time

You missed (or ignored) the point of my post, which is while you may not like it, others might, and I’m not sure why others liking it would leave you baffled.

Author
Time

Zachary VIII said:

Daxtreme said:

Reading about The Fallen Knight

Cut Canto Bight completely, and then cut Rey / Kylo / Luke stuff?

Jeez… the point of cutting Canto Bight is to focus on their story, not shorten it.

That’s one edit I’m gonna skip

I loved it when I first saw it, but the more I thought about it the more continuity errors and other issues I noticed. Holdo and Rose appear out of nowhere and Finn is only in the first and last 15 minutes of the entire film. The scene of Poe getting demoted is intact yet feels jarring as Poe’s entire arc is otherwise cut. I’m also baffled as to why it didn’t cut things like the ridiculous telegraphing of Snoke’s death and the Chewie eating a porg. It felt rushed and more of a template for future, more in depth edits. I still enjoyed parts of it and the inclusion of the deleted scenes was really well implemented.

That’s the reason it’s probabaly best to not cut things essential to the development of a main character like Finn. By trimming down Canto Bight and maintaining the core elements, the plot still actually holds together in a logical manner and you also have a tighter film.

Just my take on fan editing the film but I can see the appeal of just axeing something completely if you don’t like it.

Return of the Jedi: Remastered

Lord of the Rings: The Darth Rush Definitives

Author
Time

TV’s Frink said:

You missed (or ignored) the point of my post, which is while you may not like it, others might, and I’m not sure why others liking it would leave you baffled.

Baffled was not been a good choice of words on my part. It was just surprising that so many jokes were cut yet some goofy porg scene wasn’t. But whatever, the Fallen Knight edit was made by one guy who tried to make what he thought was the the best possible version in his opinion, if he thought keeping the porg scene was for the best then so be it.

Author
Time

Zachary VIII said:

TV’s Frink said:

You missed (or ignored) the point of my post, which is while you may not like it, others might, and I’m not sure why others liking it would leave you baffled.

Baffled was not been a good choice of words on my part. It was just surprising that so many jokes were cut yet some goofy porg scene wasn’t. But whatever, the Fallen Knight edit was made by one guy who tried to make what he thought was the the best possible version in his opinion, if he thought keeping the porg scene was for the best then so be it.

Fair enough.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Question, do you think it might be possible to change the scene between Kylo and Rey where her parentage is discussed in order to have it be revealed that she’s Luke’s daughter, rather than the daughter of two drunks? I’m mostly curious to see if that old theory could be made to work within the context of an edit of the film.

Author
Time

Nerdman3000 said:

Question, do you think it might be possible to change the scene between Kylo and Rey where her parentage is discussed in order to have it be revealed that she’s Luke’s daughter, rather than the daughter of two drunks? I’m mostly curious to see if that old theory could be made to work within the context of an edit of the film.

No. NO! You’re still HOLDING ON. Let GO!

PM me for links to my edits; apparently, some feel shy about this.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hal 9000 said:

Nerdman3000 said:

Question, do you think it might be possible to change the scene between Kylo and Rey where her parentage is discussed in order to have it be revealed that she’s Luke’s daughter, rather than the daughter of two drunks? I’m mostly curious to see if that old theory could be made to work within the context of an edit of the film.

No. NO! You’re still HOLDING ON. Let GO!

I meant more for curiosities sake. I’ve vaguely thought of seeing if a experimental fan edit, where many of the various fan theories are shown/made be correct (which as we know were proven wrong in real life), could be made to work within the film itself. Theories like the Rey is a Skywalker/Kenobi or Snoke is Plagieus.

Author
Time

An idea I had was to completely change Canto Bight by using Beyoga’s footage from Pacific Rim: Uprising. There may be a way to make it all fit with the right editing.

Author
Time

Nerdman3000 said:

I meant more for curiosities sake. I’ve vaguely thought of seeing if a experimental fan edit, where many of the various fan theories are shown/made be correct (which as we know were proven wrong in real life), could be made to work within the film itself. Theories like the Rey is a Skywalker/Kenobi or Snoke is Plagieus.

I was just joking. Couldn’t resist posting the quote.

PM me for links to my edits; apparently, some feel shy about this.

Author
Time

thebluefrog said:

An idea I had was to completely change Canto Bight by using Beyoga’s footage from Pacific Rim: Uprising. There may be a way to make it all fit with the right editing.

It’s a movie about giant robots and monsters.
He looks completely different.
He has a British accent.
Good Luck.

DuracellEnergizer: “^He’s embraced the absurd. Don’t expect to gain any conventional understanding from his posts.”
A New Hope Technicolor Recreation (Released!)
The Force Awakens Restructured (V2 Released!) and The Starlight Project

Author
Time

Ah yes, interrupting Star Wars for some giant robot action.

Author
Time

Maybe if we could get one of this site’s master CG artists to put a Red Plom Bloom on one of the Kaiju we could make it work.

Author
Time

Soooo, anybody working on a fan edit yet?
Trim canto
Maybe reshuffle some scenes as discussed earlier
Add deleted scenes…lesson 3 and storm trooper Finn elevator

Author
Time

Zachary VIII said:

TV’s Frink said:

Zachary VIII said:

I’m also baffled as to why it didn’t cut things like…the Chewie eating a porg.

Because some people like that part?

It’s not exactly Jar Jar stepping in shit.

My ideal version would cut the final porg with the sad eyes but leave the part with the other 3.

I agree. A little humor in Star Wars is fine! But they tend to jump the shark more often than not, so I say keep the first part the porg eating scene, but lose the sad eyes.

Likewise, with Poe and Hux’s conversation at the beginning of the film, I’m fine with the “can he hear me banter,” it just needs to be shortened and lose the “your mom” joke.

“The Ziggy Edit” — A Conceptual Fanedit of Return of the Jedi

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Episode-VI-Return-of-the-Jedi-The-Ziggy-Edit/id/17844

Author
Time

I really like that elevator edit!

Author
Time

That’s a great way to cut the scene. Only way to improve it that I see is to rescore with something other than temp music from AOTC. Should be possible since no dialogue and very minimal foley is present in that portion of the scene.

PM me for links to my edits; apparently, some feel shy about this.

Author
Time

Dat_SW_Guy said:

Just found this a while ago, just wanted to share this if anyone wants to make an edit such as this. It shows an alternate ending of the film, wherein Luke doesn’t die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XE_8f49Qo

Ok but what happens to EpIX and the highly expected Luke’s Force ghost ?

Elevator scene is very good. I’ll add that to my “TLJ: wishcutlist to help me find the best fanedit available😃

“I have to say that I felt George’s group of six films had more innovative visual imagination, and this film was more of a retrenchment to things you had seen before and characters you had seen before, and it took a few baby steps forward with new characters.” - James Cameron about Episode VII.

Author
Time

MalàStrana said:

Dat_SW_Guy said:

Just found this a while ago, just wanted to share this if anyone wants to make an edit such as this. It shows an alternate ending of the film, wherein Luke doesn’t die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8XE_8f49Qo

Ok but what happens to EpIX and the highly expected Luke’s Force ghost ?

Elevator scene is very good. I’ll add that to my “TLJ: wishcutlist to help me find the best fanedit available😃

“Luke, why are you translucent and blue?”

“Oh that. That … umm … okay, I admit it. I’m not really here. I’m sitting in my hut drinking walrus tiddy milk and I’m basically just here for moral support.”