Sign In

The Last Jedi - Clean cut edition — Page 8

Author
Time

StarkillerAG said:

ForceGhostRecon said:

I think this is the final cut 😃

If I had a quarter for every time you said this… 😉

haha fair enough. In my defense, I’ve really tried to get this as perfect as possible lol

I have a question for the community. Is there somebody who can burn V9 to a Blu-ray disc for me and send it my way ? i’d love to have a copy I can put in a case with the artwork.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ForceGhostRecon said:

StarkillerAG said:

ForceGhostRecon said:

I think this is the final cut 😃

If I had a quarter for every time you said this… 😉

haha fair enough. In my defense, I’ve really tried to get this as perfect as possible lol

I have a question for the community. Is there somebody who can burn V9 to a Blu-ray disc for me and send it my way ? i’d love to have a copy I can put in a case with the artwork.

If it’s the same size as all your other versions it will be a DVD-5 definitely not a blu ray or even a DVD-9.
To be exact, a DVD-5 AVCHD, which is what I’ve been planning to eventually make for myself from this edit.

Author
Time

V8 is superb, i actually like and care about Holdo now. Great work ForceGhost

Author
Time

Legacyofajedi said:

V8 is superb, i actually like and care about Holdo now. Great work ForceGhost

Thanks! Definitely check out v9! (i fixed one little scene with Luke’s old hilt)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ForceGhostRecon said:

New trailer:
https://vimeo.com/325893403?activityReferer=1

Loving the trailer - very nicely done.

If you were planning on making any additions or changes / edits to the trailer maybe add your blue TLJ logo for it at the end? Or maybe some of your artwork for it instead - the cool poster or the sweet blu ray cover etc?
 

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?
And say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Author
Time

oojason said:

ForceGhostRecon said:

New trailer:
https://vimeo.com/325893403?activityReferer=1

Loving the trailer - very nicely done.

If you were planning on making any additions or changes / edits to the trailer maybe add your blue TLJ logo for it at the end? Or maybe some of your artwork for it instead - the cool poster or the sweet blu ray cover etc?
 

Thanks!! I actually updated the trailer- check it out. I appreciate the feedback!

https://vimeo.com/325893403

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ok, I set up a website to host the link for the latest version (currently v10) and cover art. You can PM me for the site address and you can keep up with the version there if you’re interested. It’s a secret site… ssshhhhh lol 😃

Quick note for v10:
It’s very minor but there was an audio issue where I missed a crossfade between Finn picking up Rey’s transmitter and the “Rey sleeping” scene and also I corrected the timing of Luke’s green saber retraction sound effect… it was a split second off in v9. 😃

Author
Time

ForceGhostRecon said:

Ok, I set up a website to host the link for the latest version (currently v10) and cover art. You can PM me for the site address and you can keep up with the version there if you’re interested. It’s a secret site… ssshhhhh lol 😃

Quick note for v10:
It’s very minor but there was an audio issue where I missed a crossfade between Finn picking up Rey’s transmitter and the “Rey sleeping” scene and also I corrected the timing of Luke’s green saber retraction sound effect… it was a split second off in v9. 😃

Wow! V10 already! Sounds fantastic!!! I definetly want to see this. PM please! 😃

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ll post a v10.1 tomorrow - the only difference is a regrade. v10 and v10.1(regrade) will be the finals for this edit, as I just took on a project for work which is going to take a lot of my time. Hope everyone enjoys the edit! PM me for the website for this edit.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-26-at-3-42-31-PM.png

Author
Time

ForceGhostRecon said:

Ok, I set up a website to host the link for the latest version (currently v10) and cover art. You can PM me for the site address and you can keep up with the version there if you’re interested. It’s a secret site… ssshhhhh lol 😃

Quick note for v10:
It’s very minor but there was an audio issue where I missed a crossfade between Finn picking up Rey’s transmitter and the “Rey sleeping” scene and also I corrected the timing of Luke’s green saber retraction sound effect… it was a split second off in v9. 😃

I was really impressed. It feels like the original and at the same time completely new movie. And it’s a much, muuuuuuch more focused.
“Luke saves Leia” scene is perfect! Now this not only looks dramatic, but also really make sense.
Thanks a lot for this edit! 😃

Author
Time

Elias RaZoR said:

ForceGhostRecon said:

Ok, I set up a website to host the link for the latest version (currently v10) and cover art. You can PM me for the site address and you can keep up with the version there if you’re interested. It’s a secret site… ssshhhhh lol 😃

Quick note for v10:
It’s very minor but there was an audio issue where I missed a crossfade between Finn picking up Rey’s transmitter and the “Rey sleeping” scene and also I corrected the timing of Luke’s green saber retraction sound effect… it was a split second off in v9. 😃

I was really impressed. It feels like the original and at the same time completely new movie. And it’s a much, muuuuuuch more focused.
“Luke saves Leia” scene is perfect! Now this not only looks dramatic, but also really make sense.
Thanks a lot for this edit! 😃

Thanks for the positive feedback! I agree, i feel like it makes so much sense that Leia almost dying would be the thing that makes Luke reconsider closing himself off from the force. That is a dramatic moment in this cut for sure. I’m glad it felt like a new movie to you (and at the same time, it gives the feeling of the “original”)- that’s exactly what I was going for!

Author
Time

I really enjoyed this version. The color regrade and stylistic adjustments (green saber for Luke, red sabers for the guards, etc) really gave it the edit it’s own “voice,” and having Luke save Leia helped to add more of an emotional “punch” to the story, I think.

I think overall I still prefer the Fallen Knight Cut, but this was also a healthy alternative and I’m glad I gave it a watch! Good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Budu1ux09Rs

Author
Time

one thing just realized is that Rey’s line to Luke at the end of the first lesson (“I didn’t see you. Nothing from you. You’ve closed yourself off from The Force. Of course you have.”) doesn’t really work in this version since we see him using The Force to save Leia just a few scenes earlier.

Also, if Luke could use The Force all the way from the other side of the galaxy to save Leia, wouldn’t he have also done the same thing for other stuff in Force Awakens? Like stopping Starkiller’s laser from hitting The New Republic? Or preventing Kylo from being able to stab Han?

In any case, that continuity error doesn’t bother me too much since the moment itself of Luke saving Leia is still pretty awesome. The minor inconsistency was just something I noticed, is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Budu1ux09Rs

Author
Time

rocknroll41 said:

one thing just realized is that Rey’s line to Luke at the end of the first lesson (“I didn’t see you. Nothing from you. You’ve closed yourself off from The Force. Of course you have.”) doesn’t really work in this version since we see him using The Force to save Leia just a few scenes earlier.

Also, if Luke could use The Force all the way from the other side of the galaxy to save Leia, wouldn’t he have also done the same thing for other stuff in Force Awakens? Like stopping Starkiller’s laser from hitting The New Republic? Or preventing Kylo from being able to stab Han?

In any case, that continuity error doesn’t bother me too much since the moment itself of Luke saving Leia is still pretty awesome. The minor inconsistency was just something I noticed, is all.

I actually contemplated this when I was editing - and i justify leaving it in by this: In this cut, Luke IS cut off from the Force and has been for a while now. Leia’s almost being killed was the event that forced (pun intended) him to use the Force again. He had no choice… use the Force or let his sister die… and the Luke we all know from the OT is the Luke we saw in this edit save his sister. HOWEVER, he was still struggling after that scene… the next time we see him after he saves Leia is when he sneaks about the falcon to look around… you can tell there is inner turmoil. He tells R2 nothing can change his mind but it comes off as denial… and then R2 proceeds to show him Leia. This made perfect sense to me. R2 was reminding him what JUST happened and showing him the importance of his connection to the Force. The fact that Rey is unaware Luke saved Leia isn’t so far-fetched - she is strong in the Force but she isn’t Luke. 😃

Anyway, I hope that helps to understand where i was coming from with that.