Sign In

The Kenobi Movie Show (Spoilers) — Page 25

Author
Time

I suspect that might be real.

Spoilers:

The lights on Vader’s chest box match the colors on the ROTS suit.

Author
Time

And also like, how could it be fake? That would require someone constructing their own professional looking Vader suit, getting a whole rig set up to lift Obi-Wan (requiring a good stuntmen), going out in the desert and shooting it

Yeah, no. It’s real, and I think it looks awesome

I ship Spideychelle (MCU Peter and MJ) and Tomdaya (Tom Holland and Zendaya)
My Star Wars Fan-Edits

Author
Time

Well, there’s plenty of fans with fancy costumes out there.

And there’s more than a few who’ve done some pretty impressive effects work on fan films.

That said, this looked like a professional stunt with that rig.

Author
Time

I feel like it could be fake but VERY hard to achieve. If it’s real I wonder why the hell they are both on Tatooine - Vader isn’t supposed to know Obi-wan lives there. I hope it’s a force vision duel like the one Luke had on Dagobah.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

Of course sand doesn’t have to mean they’re on Tatooine, but I agree that it could be Force vision. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this whole “rematch” deal turns out to be a bait-and-switch for the sake of marketing. But, for all we know they might end up doing both; i.e. a Force vision early on in the series as a bit of a teaser and an actual duel on some other planet at the end which convinces Vader that Obi-Wan has been killed…or something to that effect.

Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Amazon link to my novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

I wonder if we’ll meet Luke’s dog. I hope so.

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.

Author
Time

ZkinandBonez said:

Of course sand doesn’t have to mean they’re on Tatooine, but I agree that it could be Force vision. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this whole “rematch” deal turns out to be a bait-and-switch for the sake of marketing. But, for all we know they might end up doing both; i.e. a Force vision early on in the series as a bit of a teaser and an actual duel on some other planet at the end which convinces Vader that Obi-Wan has been killed…or something to that effect.

I am hoping for this too. A Force vision, a bait and switch, something included to keep the marketing people happy.

A little surprised we haven’t seen a full trailer yet, with only 6 weeks before the first couple of episodes are aired.

The Secret History of Star Wars | Star Wars Visual Comparisons | George Lucas: Star Wars Creator, Unreliable Narrator & Time-Travelling Revisionist

Author
Time

I was having trouble articulating why I was never excited for this show, but after seeing the trailer, I think I know why. I think what made the most sense for Obi-Wan’s character was for him to remain hidden on Tatooine and not really do all that much exciting. Grappling with things internally, of course, but not going out and trying to save the galaxy. But in order to make a successful TV show that mass audiences will enjoy, there has to be exciting action scenes and big adventures. I think they should have avoided making a show about him altogether and focused on someone for whom action-packed adventures actually make sense. A Darth Vader show might have had more room for that and could have been interwoven with flashback sequences featuring Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan if they wanted to bring him back.

Author
Time

RicOlie_2 said:

I was having trouble articulating why I was never excited for this show, but after seeing the trailer, I think I know why. I think what made the most sense for Obi-Wan’s character was for him to remain hidden on Tatooine and not really do all that much exciting. Grappling with things internally, of course, but not going out and trying to save the galaxy. But in order to make a successful TV show that mass audiences will enjoy, there has to be exciting action scenes and big adventures. I think they should have avoided making a show about him altogether and focused on someone for whom action-packed adventures actually make sense. A Darth Vader show might have had more room for that and could have been interwoven with flashback sequences featuring Ewan MacGregor as Obi-Wan if they wanted to bring him back.

Yeah, I don’t know what kind of plot I first imagined for this show but I always kind of wanted him to just remain on Tatooine and have a story really about character development. There are some great stories about Obi-wan in this time period in books and comics which don’t feel the need to bring Vader or Inquisitors in. Throw in some Force vision stuff, maybe even the trials Obi wan has to pass to become a force ghost like Yoda, and I think you could have a great series which doesn’t tread on the duel from A New Hope.

Unrelated but here’s a video about Qui-gon Jinn taking force ghost form and the possibility of Liam Neeson returning as the character in the series:

https://youtu.be/biYTjfXtNfs
Yes, Qui-Gon Jinn Can Still Become a Force Ghost

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

I think I’m one of the few that doesn’t mind about Kenobi and Vader fighting each other, since their encounter have the potential to tie up some loose ends of the movies. The only thing I’m really concerned about is Reva, the new inquisitor. Acording to rumors, this character will be too much relevant in this series, which can take the spotlight off Kenobi in the show:

https://makingstarwars.net/2022/04/exclusive-star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-reva-lations-her-past-and-her-present/

Author
Time

I think Reva’s backstory might be told in the Jedi 2 game. We won’t know for sure until the end of May at Celebration.

Author
Time

The one and only scene i’m interested to see is, when Obi-Wan and Uncle Owen get into a dispuation about the young Luke.

Rogue One is redundant. Just play the first mission of DARK FORCES.
The hallmark of a corrupt leader: Being surrounded by yes men.
‘The best visual effects in the world will not compensate for a story told badly.’ - V.E.S.
‘Star Wars is a buffet, enjoy the stuff you want, and leave the rest.’ - SilverWook

Author
Time

Haarspalter said:

The one and only scene i’m interested to see is, when Obi-Wan and Uncle Owen get into a dispuation about the young Luke.

I’m looking forward to that, as well as the “Ben” and Luke scenes that they have together. I think Ben gives Luke that T-16 toy we see in A New Hope, and he tries to give him the lightsaber too, but Owen won’t have it.

I can’t wait to see Leia, Bail Organa, and Qui-Gon too.

Author
Time

Is it bad that I’m more excited for Darth Vader then anything else?

I ship Spideychelle (MCU Peter and MJ) and Tomdaya (Tom Holland and Zendaya)
My Star Wars Fan-Edits

Author
Time

G&G-Fan said:

Is it bad that I’m more excited for Darth Vader then anything else?

Me too, as so the flashbacks with Anakin.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Obi-wan Kenobi’s main composer has been revealed as Natalie Holt, who also composed the score for the MCU series Loki. She’ll be the first woman to compose for a live action Star Wars project. John Williams is still composing the main theme and there are details about that in the article as well.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/04/obi-wan-kenobi-composer-natalie-holt-john-williams?mbid=social_twitter&utm_social-type=owned&utm_medium=social&utm_brand=vf&utm_source=twitter

Obi-Wan Kenobi Composer Natalie Holt Reveals “Haunting” Approach

The Loki soundtrack was fantastic and after reading about Natalie’s approach and style I’m really excited to hear her work.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

It’s the girl who threw eggs at Simon Cowell!

Author
Time

NFBisms said:

It’s the girl who threw eggs at Simon Cowell!

Truly a legend.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

Her score for Loki is outstanding. One of my absolute favorites. Genius work. I’m a soundtrack nerd from decades back and listen to film scores more than anything else, by far. Her score for Loki is in my regular rotation.

This will be the highlight of he show for me for sure.

Author
Time

I wonder how they will have Obi Wan try and bring Luke the lightsaber, and Owen won’t allow it. And Ben is like a crazy old Uncle to Luke. I guess that would happen later in the series?

Author
Time

JadedSkywalker said:

I wonder how they will have Obi Wan try and bring Luke the lightsaber, and Owen won’t allow it. And Ben is like a crazy old Uncle to Luke. I guess that would happen later in the series?

I’m thinking more toward the end of the series after Luke, Owen and his wife Beru are put in harms way.

Kenobi fixes everything saves everyone, but Owen doesn’t want to see Luke using something like a lightsaber to attract the wrong people and put him in danger again, he doesn’t want Ben anywhere near Luke again after this.

It’ll be interesting to watch Owen and Ben interact after everything goes down with the inquisitors.

Author
Time

We got some new images today, courtesy of Total Film magazine! They have a new Obi-wan focused issue out Thursday which I’ll probably get.



I’d been wanting more shots of the Grand Inquisitor for a while. I still don’t think he looks great but definitely need to see him in motion. Hopefully we get another trailer soon.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”