Sign In

The Kenobi Movie Show (Spoilers) — Page 21

Author
Time
 (Edited)

An inquisitor?

Probably not on Tatooine. If so it’d be the first time we’ve seen neon signs there. Possibly the same location as the first photo of the Inquisitor, or whatever she turns out to be.

Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Amazon link to my novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

Looks like Mos Espa again tbh

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It looks a lot darker than Mando and BOBF, which is something that I’m very on board with. Alongside Andor later this year I look forward to seeing some stories set during the height of the Empire. And as someone who really enjoyed Rebels it’s cool to get to see some familiar inquisitors in live-action.

Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Amazon link to my novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

ZkinandBonez said:

It looks a lot darker than Mando and BOBF, which is something that I’m very on board with.

Your eyes can deceive you, don’t trust them.

Author
Time

Mocata said:

ZkinandBonez said:

It looks a lot darker than Mando and BOBF, which is something that I’m very on board with.

Your eyes can deceive you, don’t trust them.

Considering the story they’re telling I don’t even see how it can be too light-hearted in tone or style similar to what BOBF ended up becoming, and I’ll be perfectly happy it ends up being similar to Mando. And of course without Grogu to “cute-ify” scenes I suspect it’ll be more Rogue One like in style. I’m not exactly expecting grim-dark or anything like that, but seeing as it’s a miniseries I trust that it won’t try to overly soften things for the sake of future seasons.

Star Wars is Surrealism, not Science Fiction (essay)
Original Trilogy Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Beyond the OT Documentaries/Making-Ofs (YouTube, Vimeo, etc. finds)
Amazon link to my novel; Dawn of the Karabu.

Author
Time

If you take the Duel of the Fates “EPIC version” out from the trailer, there is nothing interesting or cool about the trailer. I rolled my eyes at least 3 times watching it.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

Hot damn this was a great trailer! I’m very excited.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It was definitely a letdown. Hopefully they release an additional trailer before the show because this did not get me excited for it at all.

The Skywalker Saga:
I / II / III / IV / V / VI / VII / VIII / IX
This is the way.

Author
Time

Admiral Ackbar said:

You can see here, the Obi-Wan plotline orbiting the Rebels extended universe

To none of my surprise, this is not going to be a show about a desert-dwelling Obi-Wan. I’ll check it out, but if Ben has a cute droid sidekick that he talks to, I’m turning it off.

reylo?

Author
Time

sigh

Is there there some sort of mandate that all live action SW movies and series must have a desaturated colour palette? I’m fed up with this lifeless look.

Author
Time

Looks really good so far…hopefully it can wash that awful taste of BOBF out.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

fmalover said:

sigh

Is there there some sort of mandate that all live action SW movies and series must have a desaturated colour palette? I’m fed up with this lifeless look.

Yeah I was disappointed to see that the visuals for Tatooine don’t look great, as usual. The cinematography is done by Chung-hoon Chung who is usually known for rich and very colourful cinematography so I still have a bit of hope. Overall, though this trailer made me less excited for the series.

We can add both the Grand Inquisitor and the Fifth Brother to the ever-growing list of animation-live action transitions that haven’t worked. This isn’t even the first time we’ve seen the Grand Inquisitor’s Pau’an species in live action, so the exaggerated art style of Rebels can’t be used as an excuse.



I mean come on…

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

well, I’m not gonna watch the trailer 'cause i don’t want to get spoiled. But the image comparison and most of your messages get me very worried. If there is only one SW show I wish to be good, it’s definitely this one, because I still think the original hexalogy would benefit a better trasition between ROTS and ANH (something RO at least delievred on a visual aspect but not on the narration, that I think so weak and problematic), but it could also ruin things further 😕

Even something average would be enough, considering the recent landscape of SW shows it would still be somehow correct…

« Sie sind das Essen… wir sind die Jäger! »

Author
Time

Just realised he’s missing the yellow eyes as well. I don’t like to accuse creatives of not putting in effort, when every production requires so much of that, but…

Hopefully they’re adding them in post and just didn’t add them in time for the trailer shots.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

ZkinandBonez said:

Mocata said:

ZkinandBonez said:

It looks a lot darker than Mando and BOBF, which is something that I’m very on board with.

Your eyes can deceive you, don’t trust them.

Considering the story they’re telling I don’t even see how it can be too light-hearted in tone or style similar to what BOBF ended up becoming, and I’ll be perfectly happy it ends up being similar to Mando. And of course without Grogu to “cute-ify” scenes I suspect it’ll be more Rogue One like in style. I’m not exactly expecting grim-dark or anything like that, but seeing as it’s a miniseries I trust that it won’t try to overly soften things for the sake of future seasons.

Future seasons? This is already confirmed to be a one-season thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Budu1ux09Rs

Author
Time

rocknroll41 said:

Future seasons? This is already confirmed to be a one-season thing.

I believe that’s what he meant - they won’t soften anything for future seasons since there won’t be any.

“Remember, the Force will be with you. Always.”

Author
Time

Looks awesome, can’t wait. I’ve been really hoping we’d get to see the Inquisitors in live action.

Author
Time

I just wanted Obi-Wan to do drugs and get drunk while having PTSD symptoms.

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Wasn’t that impressed. Hopefully if the show isn’t great, it’s at least salvable with fanedits. That has become the new standard for most Disney Star Wars content for me.

Author
Time

WitchDR said:

Wasn’t that impressed. Hopefully if the show isn’t great, it’s at least salvable with fanedits. That has become the new standard for most Disney Star Wars content for me.

That’s my attitude with anything produced after 1980 in this franchise.

Author
Time

I hated it. It leans too heavily into Disney Star Wars and the prequels. There is almost nothing resembling the Star Wars i grew up with or care about. I guess for me its a pass.

Maybe if there was some more OT flavor sprinkled in. I might check it out.

Author
Time

It’s a highly anticipated “too big to fail” type of production, but I’d have been content if it had a budget only about double Ewan’s salary and took place on the gritty Tatooine surface. He has PTSD nightmares, goes on spice benders, and is a stoic drunk. Qui-Gon gets real with him from time to time and his lightsaber collects dust on his nightstand next to broken beer bottles. Maybe he comes to hate himself he tries to see how long he can stare into the Suns. Maybe have a scene in which he hurls Anakin’s lightsaber into a canyon, then after calming down takes an afternoon to climb down to retrieve it. Maybe he helps the Jawas fix their car, or cheats at gambling with Cantina regulars to cover his tab. And of course helps needy strangers by mind-tricking the well-to-do into giving pittance. No one refers to him by “Obi-Wan” ever, and he leads a quiet life filled with little adventures.

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.