Sign In

The "EditDroid" Trilogy DVD Info and Feedback Thread (Released) — Page 14

Author
Time
Hello,
I am wondering if there are torrents of the editdroid version of new hope still active. Ive found both empire and rotj on myspleen, but no new hope. any suggestions?? this set looks great!
Author
Time
Yeah, it's on there. Look for "Mysterious Mysteries" That's what Rikter called the Editdroid collection before it was called the Editdroid collection.
Author
Time
thanks for the help. one more question- the link for the missing jacket_p folder isnt working anymore. is there another source for it?
Author
Time
I don't know. I don't have it either. Maybe we should just ask Rikter now, seeing as he uploaded it originally.

Hey Rik, you still got that kicking around?
Author
Time
i have to admit ive never heard of a jacket_p folder. from what i get from this thread alot of dvd players dont make use of it. is it going to be a problem to leave it out when i burn, if i cant get a hold of it?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: wat
i have to admit ive never heard of a jacket_p folder. from what i get from this thread alot of dvd players dont make use of it. is it going to be a problem to leave it out when i burn, if i cant get a hold of it?


Not at all.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
" i have to admit ive never heard of a jacket_p folder. from what i get from this thread alot of dvd players dont make use of it. is it going to be a problem to leave it out when i burn, if i cant get a hold of it?"

Despite my DVD knowledge, I hadn't heard of it until a few months ago on these boards. It is essentially a screenshot of the album to be displayed when the DVD is selected in a DVD changer. Very few DVD changers (and to my knowledge, no single-DVD players) actually look for this screenshot, so unless you have a Sony CX860 or CX875 or some other "juke box"-style player, it really isn't necessary.

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: Sadly, I believe the prequels are beyond repair.
<span class=“Bold”>JediRandy: They’re certainly beyond any repair you’re capable of making.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: You aren’t one of us.
<span class=“Bold”>Go-Mer-Tonic: I can’t say I find that very disappointing.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>JediRandy: I won’t suck as much as a fan edit.</span>

Author
Time
While it's true most players don't read it and it can be safely omitted, I like to include it anyway.
The player I buy tomorrow might recognize it.
If I burn a copy for another, his/her player might read it today.
Simply because it's on the original, I feel copies should include it too. Otherwise they're incomplete.

Here's a temporary link to Rikter's file,
including an updated .NFO (compared to the one inside the torrent)


Edit: hyperlink removed

However, in practice you must take into account the “fuckwit factor”. Just talk to Darth Mallwalker…
-Moth3r

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Metallaxis
Nero is also a very heavy program with occasional malfunctions, and apart from the fact that it can make compilations, I see no other reason to use it when Alcohol 120% is around. Lastly, Nero sometimes causes a conflict when auto insert notification is disabled in windows XP.
Hence: I HATE Nero.


I would have to agree with Metallaxis. But I would add Roxio to the list of programs that are heavy and malfunctions a lot. If any of you guys are going to purchase one of these programs (and I have used a lot of them), Alcohol 120% is by far the best for your money. As a system administrator, I have done thousands of installs of Nero and Roxio and they are sometimes the cause of problems with computers spontaneously restarting and getting the dreaded BSOD (Alcohol 120% has never done this to me on a Windows XP machine).

Also, I am a big fan of DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. You have got to love programs that are free, small and do what they advertise. Anyways, I do not want to hijack this thread but if you are going to buy a program for burning purposes, you should give Alcohol 120% a try.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: meloveu

I would have to agree with Metallaxis. But I would add Roxio to the list of programs that are heavy and malfunctions a lot. If any of you guys are going to purchase one of these programs (and I have used a lot of them), Alcohol 120% is by far the best for your money. As a system administrator, I have done thousands of installs of Nero and Roxio and they are sometimes the cause of problems with computers spontaneously restarting and getting the dreaded BSOD (Alcohol 120% has never done this to me on a Windows XP machine).

Also, I am a big fan of DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor. You have got to love programs that are free, small and do what they advertise. Anyways, I do not want to hijack this thread but if you are going to buy a program for burning purposes, you should give Alcohol 120% a try.


After several BSODs, I quite often turn to 120% Alcohol. Sometimes more, sometimes less of a pecentage, depending on how frustrated I am and what I have on hand to drink.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: greencapt

After several BSODs, I quite often turn to 120% Alcohol. Sometimes more, sometimes less of a pecentage, depending on how frustrated I am and what I have on hand to drink.


True, very true.
Author
Time
Sorry to put this post here but the splinter thread for Widescreen/anamorphic discussion appears to have disappeared. It looks like threads get deleted after a month with no posts.

I bought a home cinema projector this weekend. It's HD 16:9 and of course, the zooming on a letterboxed DVD is done using digital scaling prior to the image being projected. Comparing this to the way my old TV does this (by scaling the image in the tube itself) everything looks much better. I'm assuming that all HDTV kit works the same way, and that's why folks in the US don't seem to mind the zoom mode on their 16:9 displays, simply put the method of scaling totally different and the picture quality is therefore "better".

Editdroid's version looks rather nice on a 2.6 metre screen
Author
Time
Watched ROTJ yesterday good LD rip, on a par with the star wars disk but slightly more dot crawl. Nice detailed sound stage as well. Now I've seen all of them I'd rate (in technical terms)
1 Star Wars
2 ROTJ
3 ESB
their all really good rips though.
Author
Time
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the newest version of DVD-Lab Pro can make a JACKET_P folder.

Patrick
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco from The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Author
Time
Originally posted by: RichKS
Sorry to put this post here but the splinter thread for Widescreen/anamorphic discussion appears to have disappeared. It looks like threads get deleted after a month with no posts.
Did you mean this thread? It still shows up for me, maybe you've got your options set up differently.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time
Can someone help us out with the DVD contents?

Sorry, DVD ROM contents thats missing from the myspleen release.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: thesmokingjawa
Can someone help us out with the DVD contents?


widescreen presentation
optional isolated music score
pre-production paintings gallery
theatrical trailer

The missing DVD-ROM content folder is supposed to contain:

pre-production paintings jpegs
the script
movie sound effects in wav format

Maybe we can just recreate this folder instead of waiting for it to materialize?

Author
Time
Is it just me, or does there seem to be some serious dot crawl on the ROTJ disc?

I usually don't notice video artifacts, but I actually found it really distracting...

just wondering/pointing out. Other than that, it's a great set.
Author
Time
ROTJ does, unfortunately, have the worst dot crawl - my Toshiba in my room filters out SW and ESB's dot crawl completely (the RCA in the family room does not), but quite a bit still gets through on Jedi.
Author
Time
I'm going to make a re-mux of EditDriod's ROTJ soundtrack + menus w/ TR47's ROTJ video + PCM audio. I've only got 75% of the TR47 ROTJ disc, but I think I figured out how to work IFOEdit . Talk about a serious lack of user interface...

[EDIT] Actually, come to think of it, there might not be enough space on the DVD for the PCM audio and the sound track. I might have to nuke the DVD_ROM folder, but that sould still be cool...[/EDIT]
Author
Time
I'm a newbie and I'm desperately trying to get a set of the EditDroid Trilogy DVDs, can any one help me out??? I am in Australia, are there any Aussies who have the discs? please email mickvolcanic@gmail.com
Author
Time
Originally posted by: OZ
I'm a newbie and I'm desperately trying to get a set of the EditDroid Trilogy DVDs, can any one help me out??? I am in Australia, are there any Aussies who have the discs? please email mickvolcanic@gmail.com


I posted them for free download on myspleen.net - if broadband is not an option email me.

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
Originally posted by: ViPERPHiSH
I might have to nuke the DVD_ROM folder,
You have the EditDroid ROTJ DVD_ROM folder ?

However, in practice you must take into account the “fuckwit factor”. Just talk to Darth Mallwalker…
-Moth3r