It took no time at all to turn around my episode s02e05, which was originally called Bounty Hunters.
This episode I’ve barely touched, just removing the scene where the trio see large monsters stomping through the fungal forest, since those monsters aren’t a part of the episode. I’ve kept a little of their sounds since it’s OK for the planet to have fauna (just not explicitly ones that are bigger than rancors, if you’re not going to use them).
I’ve uniquely added ‘in memory of Akira Kurosawa’ in red to the title card, which was included (also in red) at the start of the original episode. I’ve renamed the episode ‘Seven Warriors’ to better emphasise the episode’s homage nature, even though normally I don’t rename episodes I’ve barely edited.
In the opening crawl, I very lightly remind the audience that Ahsoka kind of fucked things up on Felucia, as covered in my Holocron Crisis episode (which, sure, I haven’t yet released.)
This is quite a light episode, but it serves a few functions:
- It gives us a little flavour of the stories on the fringes of the war, which I wanted to preserve some of even though they don’t tie much into the main plot.
- It gives us the origins of Anakin realising you can train the local populace to fight, which will be picked up in further episodes of the series, and ultimately lead to the rebel alliance (ironically).
- It gives us a way better Hondo Origin (“we go way back” is plenty) in contrast to the horrendous Dooku Captured duology, which I’m excluding altogether.
- It gives us some of the B-list bounty hunters who we’ll see a little more of in the series.
- Plus, of course, it’s a Kurosawa homage, to whom the entirety of Star Wars owes much of its existence.
That’s also rendering/uploading now.