Sign In

The Book Of Boba Fett (live action series) - a general discussion thread - * SPOILERS * — Page 28

Author
Time

Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett will drop on Disney+ on May 4 to celebrate Star Wars Day.

The official description can be seen below:

“‘Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett’ explores the behind-the-scenes story of the legendary bounty hunter’s return to Tatooine with mercenary Fennec Shand, seeking to claim the territory once run by Jabba the Hutt. In this insightful new special, filmmakers, cast and crew reveal never-before-seen footage, groundbreaking technology and the practical effects that brought it all to life.”

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-day-2022-disney-plus
 

I enjoyed “Disney Galleries” for The Mandalorian, so I hope I will enjoy this as well. And the “never-before-seen footage” are unused scenes or alternative shots from the series itself.

Author
Time

Emre1601 said:

Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett will drop on Disney+ on May 4 to celebrate Star Wars Day.

The official description can be seen below:

“‘Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett’ explores the behind-the-scenes story of the legendary bounty hunter’s return to Tatooine with mercenary Fennec Shand, seeking to claim the territory once run by Jabba the Hutt. In this insightful new special, filmmakers, cast and crew reveal never-before-seen footage, groundbreaking technology and the practical effects that brought it all to life.”

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-day-2022-disney-plus
 

I enjoyed “Disney Galleries” for The Mandalorian, so I hope I will enjoy this as well. And the “never-before-seen footage” are unused scenes or alternative shots from the series itself.

I think that must be just backstage footage and shots without special effects.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I’ll be skipping this and I enjoyed the Mandolorian behind the scenes. The BOBF was just so pathetic to be reminded of the 100% wasted potential.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sirius said:

Emre1601 said:

Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett will drop on Disney+ on May 4 to celebrate Star Wars Day.

The official description can be seen below:

“‘Disney Gallery: The Book of Boba Fett’ explores the behind-the-scenes story of the legendary bounty hunter’s return to Tatooine with mercenary Fennec Shand, seeking to claim the territory once run by Jabba the Hutt. In this insightful new special, filmmakers, cast and crew reveal never-before-seen footage, groundbreaking technology and the practical effects that brought it all to life.”

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-day-2022-disney-plus
 

I enjoyed “Disney Galleries” for The Mandalorian, so I hope I will enjoy this as well. And the “never-before-seen footage” are unused scenes or alternative shots from the series itself.

I think that must be just backstage footage and shots without special effects.

Fan_edit_fan said:

I’ll be skipping this and I enjoyed the Mandolorian behind the scenes. The BOBF was just so pathetic to be reminded of the 100% wasted potential.

You guys were both correct. The Disney Galleries for BOBF was a little disappointing, it seems they just repeated the same formula for the superior Mandalorian Galleries version, but this wasn’t as interesting, or had any surprises.

The reasoning given why there was two episodes of Din in this series that had nothing to do with the Boba Fett felt hollow. Filoni: “At the very beginning, Jon [Favreau] and I look through all the season and, Jon has a bunch of things he wants to accomplish, and, you know, we both like Mando, and we felt that it would be difficult for us to go a whole season without seeing him. And so, he’s a friend of Boba’s, so it makes sense to bring him back into the story.”
 

Though it was good to see Hamill in this. And seeing Doug Chiang sitting in the cockpit “flying” his Naboo Starfighter was also cool.

Author
Time

What I hated about this is some of the campy dialogue/situations. I get that Return of the Jedi had the most of it, even Empire when Luke met Yoda for the first time, but would you do that for a suited Vader series? Probably not.

It’s Boba Fett, the guy should have never removed his helmet after leaving the Tusken Raiders. Once he got his uniform back, no one never sees him, EVER! I understand he’s a different person and on a spiritual awakening, but the story was weak.

I would have had Fett chase the villain that killed his new family across the galaxy wearing his new Boba Fett uniform. He eventually tracks down the one that killed his family, and it’s Cad Bane, but there’s a bigger villain that ordered it, as he faces this new threat it ends there for season 1.

Author
Time

Mark Hamill looks fantastic at age 70. He really should get his own Luke show, not deepfake. video game Luke leaves me cold but Mark in the behind the scenes makes me a fan again.

Author
Time

JadedSkywalker said:

Mark Hamill looks fantastic at age 70. He really should get his own Luke show, not deepfake. video game Luke leaves me cold but Mark in the behind the scenes makes me a fan again.

How would he have his own Luke show when he’s older than TLJ and that movie decided to kill him off?

Author
Time

A slight prequel in which he has cranky days by himself on the island. I’d watch it.

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently.

Author
Time

Boba Fett Actor Temuera Morrison Wants to Bring the Star Wars Bounty Hunter Back to his Old, ‘Badass Ways’ at IGN.
 

“We’ve got to bring him back somewhere. We’ve got to see the old Boba Fett," Morrison said. “We reintroduced him. We found out some stuff. But I think it’s time to get him back to his badass ways. No two ways around that. So, I think we sort of have that scope to go back there, but that’s out of my control. I’ll just see what happens.”
 

I’d be happy to see that old Boba Fett again. But surely the time for that was the first season of this show, and them show him mellowing or reaiising the ‘there is a better way’ for him and his bounty hunter kin as the series progressed each season?

Author
Time

Emre1601 said:

Boba Fett Actor Temuera Morrison Wants to Bring the Star Wars Bounty Hunter Back to his Old, ‘Badass Ways’ at IGN.
 

“We’ve got to bring him back somewhere. We’ve got to see the old Boba Fett," Morrison said. “We reintroduced him. We found out some stuff. But I think it’s time to get him back to his badass ways. No two ways around that. So, I think we sort of have that scope to go back there, but that’s out of my control. I’ll just see what happens.”
 

I’d be happy to see that old Boba Fett again. But surely the time for that was the first season of this show, and them show him mellowing or reaiising the ‘there is a better way’ for him and his bounty hunter kin as the series progressed each season?

They probably told the writers this is a one and done, with a very small chance of a second season.

Author
Time

A second season where he was anything like he was in that awesome original teaser for the show would be perfect. That teaser was nothing like the show they ended up making.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Listen, it don’t really matter to me, baby.
You believe what you want to believe.

Author
Time

Agreed. The teaser was edited to portray a very different Boba Fett than the actual show did.

Author
Time

Sure but what about “character development” ™, this new storytelling trend where characters are empty shells with nothing to do with the one they are supposed to give flesh, for the sake of “character development” by screenwriters 101…

« Sie sind das Essen… wir sind die Jäger! »

Author
Time

CarboniteSolo said:

What I hated about this is some of the campy dialogue/situations. I get that Return of the Jedi had the most of it, even Empire when Luke met Yoda for the first time, but would you do that for a suited Vader series? Probably not.

It’s Boba Fett, the guy should have never removed his helmet after leaving the Tusken Raiders. Once he got his uniform back, no one never sees him, EVER! I understand he’s a different person and on a spiritual awakening, but the story was weak.

I would have had Fett chase the villain that killed his new family across the galaxy wearing his new Boba Fett uniform. He eventually tracks down the one that killed his family, and it’s Cad Bane, but there’s a bigger villain that ordered it, as he faces this new threat it ends there for season 1.

Agreed, a story like that would make much more sense. I think that we all can agree that F&F doesn’t had a clue to what to do with Boba, let’s be honest. That rumor that Pedro Pascal wanted to abandon the Mandalorian show and that the showrunners thought to switch him for Morrison looks more true every day.

Author
Time

JadedSkywalker said:

Mark Hamill looks fantastic at age 70. He really should get his own Luke show, not deepfake. video game Luke leaves me cold but Mark in the behind the scenes makes me a fan again.

Also agreed. They made a show about Cassian Andor who is already dead, I don’t see a reason to not do a show or even a movie about Luke. They could even put Hayden in it… And even Billy Dee Williams, and make an adaptation about that book, perhaps. I don’t know. Just make justice to Mark Hamill, he and the fans deserve it.

Author
Time

Having walked through a Barnes & Noble many times the past few years, there is no shortage of source material for any imaginable Star Wars show. Why in the world they don’t pull from all that potential is beyond me.

originaltrilogy.com Moderator

Listen, it don’t really matter to me, baby.
You believe what you want to believe.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sirius said:

JadedSkywalker said:

Mark Hamill looks fantastic at age 70. He really should get his own Luke show, not deepfake. video game Luke leaves me cold but Mark in the behind the scenes makes me a fan again.

Also agreed. They made a show about Cassian Andor who is already dead, I don’t see a reason to not do a show or even a movie about Luke. They could even put Hayden in it… And even Billy Dee Williams, and make an adaptation about that book, perhaps. I don’t know. Just make justice to Mark Hamill, he and the fans deserve it.

The « fans » already have the OT about Luke 👀
What about new things ? You know, new stories, new characters…

« Sie sind das Essen… wir sind die Jäger! »

Author
Time

Yeah, I understand. It’s just that we have never seen Luke jedi master in live action being really badass, or even his relationship with Anakin force ghost. But I agree with you, the time for that was in the sequel trilogy, and this is what it is, unfortunately. It’s really time to move on.

Author
Time

Emre1601 said:

A Spanish poster for upcoming Star Wars has a second season of Book Of Boba Fett on it, “coming soon”:

from https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/w0pr7m/boba_fett_season_2_confirmed_in_spanish_poster/

It is only reddit, but there could be something to it.

There’s not a season 2 for Andor on there, even though there clearly is.

They might have gotten approved recently for a season 2 of BOBF. It could all tie into The Mandalorian

Author
Time

As long as they write him like a competent badass and not a moron like in season 1, there’ll be no issues. I’d also prefer they write out the mod bikers but that probably won’t happen.

Author
Time

I mean, in canon Boba Fett is now already simultaneously a disgusting thug who worked with fascists and murderous, slaving crime lords, and also a loyal man of honor. As far as I’m concerned, BoBF Season 1 and Mando Season 2 have done irreparable damage to Boba Fett by trying to make him into a more palatable protagonist. This is just what Boba Fett is now. They can make him more of a badass in Season 2 (if it actually happens), but it changes nothing.

Death of the Author

Author
Time

I finally watched this show. It was pretty poor. It wasn’t simply that it had cringey moments or that Boba acted dumb, though those are also true. The show was just meandering and dull. It just felt like a Mandalorian filler season that undermined the ending of season 2.

Author
Time

Servii said:

I finally watched this show. It was pretty poor. It wasn’t simply that it had cringey moments or that Boba acted dumb, though those are also true. The show was just meandering and dull. It just felt like a Mandalorian filler season that undermined the ending of season 2.

Meandering and dull is the perfect way to describe it for me. Not to mention the way they actually told the story was bumpy and I don’t feel it flowed well. I do not care much for the series. 😕