Sign In

Terminator films — Page 6

Author
Time

Haarspalter said:

They can’t leave T2 alone 😦

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/terminator-2s-visual-effects-get-an-unofficial-upd/1100-6460322/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

They just did the graphics for themselves and for the upcoming movie, but they haven’t actually changed T2. It was just a test.

Also, it looked worse. Figures…

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

Just saw Terminator: Dark Fate. Sure, it was miles better than the last one but it was just too much action. And it was like the 4th ot 5th time of the same baddie terminator. It almost got interesting when they had some small talk with the new terminator since that would have been actually different to try to reason with one. Other than that, the 50 times they beat him up was boring from the start. It was great to see Linda back and of course Arnold was the best part, again. The Mexican/feminism angle was more beaten than the REV-9 or whatever it was called in the movie. Every man in the movie was just a pussy or killed immediately. Clap, clap. Not something that I’m looking from my Terminator films which to me is one of the “most manly” franchise. Well, soon they’ll be ruining Bond, too…

I don’t honestly know how to rank this. It had a couple of moments that were easily the best since T2 but then something that was utter garbage and like 70% of just bore. Without Linda and Arnold it probably would be right after Genisys. Needs a rewatch at some point.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Instead of wasting time on Titanic, in 1997 Cameron should’ve made a Terminator 0 set during the Future War, preferably featuring new characters we’d never met before. Then the franchise should’ve been retired for good and all. These needless sequels/requels have all been deleterious.

TRANSMODERNISM > POSTMODERNISM > MODERNISM > PREMODERNISM

Author
Time

^ I agree it should have been a movie set in the future war …this is the movie I have always wanted to see ever since it was hinted at in the original and the start of T2 . I am willing to bet a lot of fans of the original 2 movies wanted the same . A wasted opportunity IMHO .

https://screamsinthevoid.deviantart.com/

Author
Time

It wasn’t Titanic, it was True Lies. Jim Cameron should have filmed the Terminator film with Michael Biehn as Reese fighting his way into Skynet and John Connor asking for a volunteer. Yes, we know that Kyle would make it out alive, but future generations could have watched the new movie first, then The Terminator, then T2 Judgment Day.

Spoilers for Dark Fate don’t look

As far as Terminator Dark Fate, I liked it, it had some really great acting by Mackenzie Davis and Natalia Reyes, they did a fantastic job in this. The story was very heart wrenching, it wasn’t just all killing, Sarah, Carl, Dani, and Grace had their moment to shine, I won’t go into details. I enjoyed the film, much better than Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genisys. I hope it does well, because I want to see what happens next. There’s supposed to be two more films, but if it fails, there won’t be.

For John

Author
Time
 (Edited)

CarboniteSolo said:

The story was very heart wrenching, it wasn’t just all killing

I agree, it had great heart-warming moments and I would’ve liked that the movie “stopped” more from the pointless action. Like I mentioned, Arnold really shined in this and this new take was great to see (even though as a fan of the originals the thing that started this movie was sort of blasphemy 😛 ). I just couldn’t buy Dani’s future and Grace’s situation seemed too similar to Salvation. The premise was just too much of the same for me, but I know it’s hard to make something new since it worked brilliantly for the first two times. It’s just one-upping in every sequel.

And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as the Son of the Suns.

Author
Time

as soon as they killed off John Connor in the first five minutes of Dark Fate , I was done. I am all for female representation , but this was blatant pandering .This is the movie people should be bitching about, not the new Star Wars films. We already had a strong female character in Sarah Connor …all they did was kill John Connor and replace him with a female and tell the same story . Legion is just Skynet by another name . Speaking for myself , and I am guessing for many fans of the original 2 movies as well , I STILL want to see a movie about the future war as depicted in those 2 films . Why the hell have they not done this yet ? And no , Salvation does not count …that was just another Transformers movie in terminator skin . They could do a fantastic movie by making a prequel about the future war and would not even need the original cast to do it .A missed opportunity IMHO .

https://screamsinthevoid.deviantart.com/

Author
Time

After Geniysis, I opted to just wait for reviews of Dark Fate despite being rather interested from knowing Linda Hamilton would be returning. But I’m glad I waited rather than rushing to the theater to watch it. Knowing the spoilers and how it was executed, I’m like really?
To be honest, I don’t even know a decent future war movie would be worthwhile? I kinda think at this point, is a “robots taking over the world” story compelling in modern times? It’s just tiresome, I think, that the Terminator franchise can continue pretty much infinitely due to “delaying” the Skynet/Legion/whatever evil A.I., like what other stories can you tell in the Terminator world?

The Hope Awakens

Author
Time

I would want a Resistance trilogy that is a character study about John Connor. With no time travel elements until the end of the last film that sets up T1&2. The first film would be the fall of civilization and the start of the war. See how John prepared for that and began rallying survivors. The first film would predominately have HKs and endoskeleton terminators. The second film would introduce the infiltration terminators starting with the rubber skinned earliest models. This would be expensive but I think it would be great to have a de-aged Arnold as a member of the Resistance that disappears for a while and returns as a T-800. The last film would be the last great seige of Skynet as John learns they’ve cracked time travel and are preparing to assassinate him in the past.

There’s a lot you can do with the future war setting that they squandered with Salvation.

Help finish ROTJ: Revisited!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Tobar said:

I would want a Resistance trilogy that is a character study about John Connor. With no time travel elements until the end of the last film that sets up T1&2. The first film would be the fall of civilization and the start of the war. See how John prepared for that and began rallying survivors. The first film would predominately have HKs and endoskeleton terminators. The second film would introduce the infiltration terminators starting with the rubber skinned earliest models. This would be expensive but I think it would be great to have a de-aged Arnold as a member of the Resistance that disappears for a while and returns as a T-800. The last film would be the last great seige of Skynet as John learns they’ve cracked time travel and are preparing to assassinate him in the past.

There’s a lot you can do with the future war setting that they squandered with Salvation.

Great ideas all around. I think a Brad Fiedel-inspired synth score and cold industrial colour grading are also essential. The generic score and warm colours of Salvation certainly did that film no favours.

TRANSMODERNISM > POSTMODERNISM > MODERNISM > PREMODERNISM

Author
Time

Guys, let’s stop all this talk of further films. Have we not learned anything from Star Wars? Franchises have a shelf-life - they belong to a certain time and a certain place. “You can’t go home again”.

“It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you.”
-Kreia, Jedi Master and Sith Lord

Author
Time
 (Edited)

You widen my imagination a little there, Tobar. Although personally, I would envision it as one movie (perhaps just me being not imaginative enough to have it as trilogy).

theprequelsrule said:

Guys, let’s stop all this talk of further films. Have we not learned anything from Star Wars? Franchises have a shelf-life - they belong to a certain time and a certain place. “You can’t go home again”.

Interesting statement “prequels rule” with a KOTOR avatar.

The Hope Awakens

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

Tobar said:

I would want a Resistance trilogy that is a character study about John Connor. With no time travel elements until the end of the last film that sets up T1&2. The first film would be the fall of civilization and the start of the war. See how John prepared for that and began rallying survivors. The first film would predominately have HKs and endoskeleton terminators. The second film would introduce the infiltration terminators starting with the rubber skinned earliest models. This would be expensive but I think it would be great to have a de-aged Arnold as a member of the Resistance that disappears for a while and returns as a T-800. The last film would be the last great seige of Skynet as John learns they’ve cracked time travel and are preparing to assassinate him in the past.

There’s a lot you can do with the future war setting that they squandered with Salvation.

Great ideas all around. I think a Brad Fiedel-inspired synth score and cold industrial colour grading are also essential. The generic score and warm colours of Salvation certainly did that film no favours.

^ THIS all the way !!!

https://screamsinthevoid.deviantart.com/

Author
Time

Tobar said:

I would want a Resistance trilogy that is a character study about John Connor. With no time travel elements until the end of the last film that sets up T1&2. The first film would be the fall of civilization and the start of the war. See how John prepared for that and began rallying survivors. The first film would predominately have HKs and endoskeleton terminators. The second film would introduce the infiltration terminators starting with the rubber skinned earliest models. This would be expensive but I think it would be great to have a de-aged Arnold as a member of the Resistance that disappears for a while and returns as a T-800. The last film would be the last great seige of Skynet as John learns they’ve cracked time travel and are preparing to assassinate him in the past.

There’s a lot you can do with the future war setting that they squandered with Salvation.

This is exactly what I wanted to see, bring in a deaged Micheal Biehn’s Kyle Reese. I want to see the relationship between John and his father. There’s so much more there, I know exactly how I would do it, only using Terminator 1 and 2 future war scenes as reference.