My first fanedit. I’m still busy with the final steps, the DVD menu, etc. But here’s already a list of changes that my T3 fanedit will have.
T3 T-HOPE Edition - Cover “limited edition” style (1,2 mb)
T3 T-HOPE Edition - Cover “endoskeleton” style (1,2 mb)
My T3 fan-edit will be a lot darker, more in T1’s style. The T-X says not that much as in the official cut, and she’s more like a cold blooded killer. Cheesy oneliners and other pathetic scenes (like the Elton John glasses and T-X’s boobs) will be removed, making my fan-edit a lot darker and serious. The Sgt. Candy will be reinserted back into the movie, but without the Candy part (which is cheesy and I don’t like the fact that CRS is already makes Endoskeletons).
Added footage (60,44 seconds):
- The T-850 grabbing the shotgun out of the truck at the vet.
- CRS promotional video. A nice reference to T2’s Cyberdyne Systems. Sgt. Candy does not make his appearance. I didn’t like the fact that they already were making the Endoskeletons in the present, this was supposed to happen in the future by SKYNET. And ofcourse the fact that Robert Brewster sees this video and does not refer to the T-850 as Sgt. Candy. Besides, thie video trims down the darker movie I wanted to edit.
- Scene of John and Kate dodging some flying piece of debris at Crystal Peak after the T-850 crashes in.
- Short clip of Kate screaming while pulling John away under the blast door while the T-X holds John’s ankle.
Alternate footage (4.88 seconds):
- Some short alternate scenes of the T-850 firing his gun while holding the coffin.
- "She’ll be back” video-sequence from the first trailer, so it has more value.
Alternate audio (0,65 seconds):
- John Connor’s intro narration. Instead of the line “When I was thirteen, they tried again.” it’s now “When I was a teen, they tried again.” This is changed because John Connor was ten years old in T2, and not 13.
- Another audio change. “That was a different T-101.” has now become “That was a different Terminator.” Many people found the original line confusing, and looking at IMDb or any other forum, many people still have difficulties understanding it.
Deleted footage (197,40 seconds) :
- Removal of T-X’s line “I like this car.” A reference to T2’s “Say, that’s a nice bike,” but it gets annoying because she says it again with police officer a scene later. Also T-X just kills, and doesn’t say unnecessary lines to insignificant persons. She’s a cold blooded killer now.
- Removal of the growing T-X’s breasts. In the T3 novelization it makes a bit sense, since she lures the cop with her breasts into an alley to kill him out of sight. However, since such a thing does not happen in the movie, this is just a very lame example of T-X morphing-abilities. She’s a cold blooded killer, not some cute sexrobot.
- Removal of T-X’s line “I like your gun.” As explained above. Now it is only hinted that the T-X will take the gun one way or another.
- Removal of T-850’s line “Now” when he moves forward to speak against the stripper’s hand. Pathetic scene in which is shown that the Terminator does not know human gestures. It’s an infiltration unit, so it should not bow over to literally talk to the hand.
- Removal of the pathetic Elton John sunglasses scene. Terminator just walks out of the bar, stands still a second (to take a look at the offscreen parked cards) and then we cut to Terminator slamming the window.
- Removal of T-850 synchrozing his internal clock with the watch. Although it’s an awesome scene and idea, this sequence causes more confusion than it clears things up. The order of dates that appear is not chronological, so we are still left to guess which date is really is.
- T-X just goes into the driveby and shoots Jose without even asking his name or checking him via her TermoVision. She just brutally shoots without a known reason for the audience yet, just like in the first Terminator movie.
- Same goes for Bill Anderson. T-X arrives at his house and just slams him to the ground and shoots him. This is also more like the style of the first Terminator movie. Although we have seen the T-X connecting to some database, she is just killing unknown persons while we are left to guess why at the moment.
- Removal of T-X’s sampling the cat lady’s blood and her reaction “No.” First of all, if it’s the target the T-X is looking for, she wouldn’t say “no” to herself but just continue looking for her target. Second, the T-X sampling someone’s blood is shown in a scene later in which she samples John Connor’s blood. Redunancy thus…
- Removal of T-X’s orgasmic reaction after sampling John’s blood. Wasn’t my comment about the T-X being some kind of cold blooded killing machine instead of robotic sextoy not enough?
- Kate doesn’t drop the keys, the T-X is right at her when she jumps in the Tundra. This makes the T-X a more dangerous Terminator than she was portrayed in the movie. Like one of the T3 tv spots says: “More intelligent, more powerful, more dangerous.”
- Removal of the line “I lied.” T-850 needs the time to save John, so why bother having a conversation with Kate when you know that you will need all the time in the world to save the person you are programmed to protect.
- Removal of T-X double checking when she notices the T-850 is driving his firetruck next to her crane. She only looks one time at him, and makes her more menacing.
- Removal of T-850’s line “Excuse me” to the T-X, before striking his axe into her neck during the crane chase. Silly line, a Terminator would never say something like this in the heat of a battle. T-X just notices the Terminator now.
- Removed the pathetic lines:
John Connor: “So, she’s an anti-Terminator Terminator? You’ve got to be shitting me.”
T-850: “No, I am not shitting you.”
And you wonder why Terminator wasn’t taken seriously…?
- Remove T-850’s second “Relax”. The T-850 looks so out of place with that movement. Kate’s screaming can be heard when the Tundra drives away from the explosion.
- Removal of “Talk to the hand.” The Terminator just stares blankly at the guy.
- Removal of the T-850’s line “Don’t do that” after being shot in the mouth by Kate. It hints that the T-850 has a real personality (which also appears later in the movie, when he corrects John who calls him a robot instead of a cybernetic organism). And would a Terminator tell the one he should obey not to do something?
- Removed storyline of John and Kate’s children, or that Kate will even turn out to be John’s spouse. This romantic stuff has been trimmed down heavily. The only hints for a possible future relationship are the Mike Kripke’s conversations and the couple hloding hands at the end of the movie.
- Removed Kate’s line “Do something” while the T-X attacks the hearse. Like if the Terminator doesn’t understand that his mission objectives are in danger and that he needs to act.
- Removed human pair bounding scene.
- Removed the T-850 correcting John after being called a robot instead of a cybernetic organism. Again, it looked like the Terminator had a personality and needed to stand up for his ego.
- Removal of short conversation about Kate’s role in the future (being second-in-command and being John’s spouse).
- Removal of Kate’s pathetic line “Just die you bitch,” during the particle accelerator escape. That line came suddenly out of nowhere, like Kate needed her own one-liner.
- In the CRS fight, the T-850 slams the T-X with some kind of gas canister, and she spins her head. I have removed that bit. It focusses a bit more on the action and not the T-X’s “I’m far more superior than you”-look.
- Removal of John’s line “You can’t kill a human being, you said so yourself” during the desire scene. In the novelization, at the cemetery the T-850 tells John he can’t kill humans. However, this is unknown to the movie watching audience, and removing this line makes the desire scene have more impact. The T-850 is more dangerous when it is unknown whether he can kill a human (John) or not, and this questions if John will survive the T-850 during the desire scene.
I’m busy with the DVD menu at the moment. I’m planning to have the next stuff on the DVD
1. teasing introduction clip that will play before the main menu will appear.
2. main menu:
- Play movie:
- With/Without marker (optional): marker will point out what was changed.
- Scene selection
- Alternate Scenes:
- “The New Stripper”
- “Cemetery Shootout”
- Info (info about fancut + thanks)
When I have more news, or when the DVD is finished, I will let you know.
Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.